• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Oh. Just read the last line on PADX.

*If active skill #2 is charged, skill #1 cannot be used.

That confirms earlier speculation on that limitation and prevents it from being as broken as it would be without it. In fact it can hurt you if you have both charged and need to use skill #1.

linsivvi

I know, I was thinking about loading them onto a few of my units.

I also wanted to give my L.meta a L.valk skill and use the open slot for Elia but turns out you can't so whatever. I'm still going to give Da Qiao Wu Kong's active since they're the same cooldown to give me better control over what I turn my board into. Also going to give L.valk or L.meta Fuma Kotaro's skill.

Doesn't work that way. The 2nd active will have a cooldown of #1 active + #2 active, so 16 turns.

Also: "If active skill #2 is charged, skill #1 cannot be used. "

Honestly I don't see it being very useful right now except in some fringe cases. Guess we will see.

smbu2000

Couldn't resist JP GF. Last minute rolls:

Satsuki #3
Sumire #2
Apollo!

Now who do I replace on my Thoria team? Ilya, Wukong or Pollux. I like them all for different reasons. Hmm.
So you couldn't resist afterall! I pulled once more on both of mine before it ended and got silvers on both. At least I can use the 40 ATK plus eggs...

That extra skill can be useful if you want to use it with a specific character. Adding something useful like damage reduction or delay to one of your other characters.
Not being able to use that initial skill if the second is charged does make it harder though. Especially since you need to use those special characters to add on the extra skill.

I can still see players putting transferred skills on monsters like RaDra. RaDra's leader skill is obviously way more important than its active. Transferring a short CD delay and/or true damage active adds super useful utility against mobs like Vishnu or Pys, even if you only use it once per dungeon run.

I can also see whale-level shenanigans like transferring a max-skilled Orochi to Echidna. So you never lose the effect of skill #1 but if you don't use it for awhile it automatically upgrades to 5 turns instead of 3.

linsivvi

Well one very useful application I can see is transferring gravities from Kirin, Hades etc to Arena teams. All of a sudden you don't need Zeus & Hera any more.

razterik

There's a reason GungHo keeps showing the Dark Kali -> Isis inheritance. They literally can't think of any other good uses for their new system, heh.

I'm sure there are some fringe usages and someone's likely going to crack it open in an unexpected way, but it looks like GungHo couldn't be bothered to develop this further and are just throwing it at us underbaked, hoping it's going to get our attention.

Goldrush

With skill inheritance, can I equip a long cooldown card to L.Kali to minimize the damage of skill delay? Farming Red Claws in Evil Eyes in Multiplayer and occasionally the skill delay/bad board combo ends the run.

With skill inheritance, can I equip a long cooldown card to L.Kali to minimize the damage of skill delay? Farming Red Claws in Evil Eyes in Multiplayer and occasionally the skill delay/bad board combo ends the run.

Hmmm, this is interesting. I hadn't thought of it like that. I'm sure they'll find some way to screw us on this, since skill delay latents have become such a popular thing.

Wow. That's a great concept! Interested to see if that works. Would essentially let monsters build a skill delay buffer once they're fully charged.

linsivvi

Which 5* or above REM monster has the longest delay?

I have Zeta Hydra at 25 turns. As a bonus, if it's charged, I get a 5 turn delay!

A single ~tan costs as much as a whole SDR latent in terms of MP, so depending on how often the dungeon comes around it might not be economical to give yourself skill delay immunity like that.

Quantum

bah.

I looked at the upcoming GF and actually liked the directors carnival better - I decided to blow my recent free stones -

SUCH a waste.

This was the first time I've pulled outside a godfest in years - and the last.

(5 silvers - nothing worth keeping, nothing in the carnival)

Which 5* or above REM monster has the longest delay?

I have Zeta Hydra at 25 turns. As a bonus, if it's charged, I get a 5 turn delay!
Was gonna say Lucifer at 35 turns, but I see they reduced it to 25. Can't think of anything longer.
A single ~tan costs as much as a whole SDR latent in terms of MP, so depending on how often the dungeon comes around it might not be economical to give yourself skill delay immunity like that.
Economical? That's not in the whales' dictionary! In min/max scenarios, it can open up latent slots that may have gone to SDRs. The downside is the strategy only works after you've already built a buffer. So if your monster has 2 more turns to charge and you get hit with a 2-turn skill delay, you'll now need 4 turns instead of shrugging it off with legit SDRs.

hermit7

Rolled in the directors choice.

2 rolls one was hatsume who I sold off, second was avalon Drake.

Seems like a useful row sub for a green team, any other uses though?

mike23

L3hXJx5.jpg

First try. 3.7% Probably won't bother trying again unless it somehow drops near 10%

jiggle

Hmm Skill lock out is gonna be annoying if both skills are useful

Awoken Isis sounds like a great food card to inherit into every color team though

Rolled in the directors choice.

2 rolls one was hatsume who I sold off, second was avalon Drake.

Seems like a useful row sub for a green team, any other uses though?
He's great after the ult Evo update
Perfect time to skill him up too

J0dy77

I have no idea what just happened. Ran Tuesday master dungeon because I'm out of rainbow keepers. After I cleared the dungeon I had 7 eggs, the first two were a red pii and super king gold dragon. Huh?

I wish I caught the screenshot but I was half asleep and clicked right through just as I noticed the drops. I checked my box after and sure enough they were both there. Ran it again with the same team, no bonus drops this time. Really really strange.

J0dy77

PSA I saw over on Reddit. Lightless devil's nest is in the MP dungeon rotation that you might miss if you don't click on MP dungeon often. 24 stamina for a stone.

HGH

Banned
Did no one notice that? It's been showing up in the daily news though.

So, are full evolved demons good for low cost teams? Or are ninjas better off for those?
Also, how are the unevolvable Ancient Dragons relative to other dragons? What with the whole type not being so good apparently.
You'd think with their name right in the title they'd be more important but they should just rename this Puzzle and Gods/Devils someday.

MP dragons, which are really late game unless you IAP a lot, are probably the only great "farmable" dragons.

The only ancient dragon I ever used was Laphroaig for my Star Vault farm team. But I haven't ran SV in forever now that 10x has spoiled me.

Don't think low cost dungeons exist anymore. The requirement got replaced by type buffs in Tengu/Gaia/etc

Some other 9.0 patch notes that weren't mentioned explicitly:
Attacker/Physical /etc-killer awakenings added
You now get MP/pal points for clearing co-op dungeons

J0dy77

Did no one notice that? It's been showing up in the daily news though.

So, are full evolved demons good for low cost teams? Or are ninjas better off for those?
Also, how are the unevolvable Ancient Dragons relative to other dragons? What with the whole type not being so good apparently.
You'd think with their name right in the title they'd be more important but they should just rename this Puzzle and Gods/Devils someday.

I never read the daily news, I usually know the major information before the day even resets. Force of habit just clicking through .

linsivvi

MP dragons, which are really late game unless you IAP a lot, are probably the only great "farmable" dragons.
The dragon kings are all farmable and end game worthy, especially Zaerog∞, but I use the board change ones from time to time too since I don't have any Kali.

Oh and Sonia Gran and reverse as well.

The dragon kings are all farmable and end game worthy, especially Zaerog∞, but I use the board change ones from time to time too since I don't have any Kali.

Oh and Sonia Gran and reverse as well.
Can't believe I forgot about Z∞.

Nordis, Gran, and the numbered dragons aren't really worth the investment to skill up unless you have awful REM luck.

Got my first clear of Z8! Co-op mode with Thoria, but still pumped. It take some pressure off that you can tank the hit on the combo shield. Hopefully I can keep clearing it this 1/2 stamina event to skill it up. Don't know the team I'll use it on, but I know I'll use it.

jay23

Got my first clear of Z8! Co-op mode with Thoria, but still pumped. It take some pressure off that you can tank the hit on the combo shield. Hopefully I can keep clearing it this 1/2 stamina event to skill it up. Don't know the team I'll use it on, but I know I'll use it.

Nice congrats, I didn't even know it was possible to tank the combo shield that solves a lot of problems with Z8.

What does your Thoria team look like?

Nice congrats, I didn't even know it was possible to tank the combo shield that solves a lot of problems with Z8.

What does your Thoria team look like?

I run Saria/Apollo/DQ/Valk/Ama, but I switched Ama for awoken Sakuya but I think either is fine. You'll have enough HP by that stage to take one hit, just have to make hearts if you have to heal. We're working on coming up with an ideal set-up, maybe bringing Ra. It seems really flexible.

Bladelaw

Is it bad that I have 9 tamadras, 3 badpys, All the evo mats, and three snow globes saved up for a Yomi Dragon I don't have yet?

I'm really hoping it shows up tomorrow.

b33r

Is it bad that I have 9 tamadras, 3 badpys, All the evo mats, and three snow globes saved up for a Yomi Dragon I don't have yet?

I'm really hoping it shows up tomorrow.

I'm in the same boat, decided to buy yomi dragon. Saved up the mats, have the tamadras, but nowhere near the badpys... Unfortunately I just researched the next dragons and yomi isn't in today's lineup. I hope the Intel was wrong, but we'll see

yami4ct

How did I not know there were easy as shit technicals just sitting in MP waiting to be cleared for a stone? I'm going to have so many stones for the next time Indra shows up. Please deliver GH. I need my dragon brother.

They hadn't been added until recently.

PAD Radar releases tomorrow. So far they've announced descendeds for going to the GungHo Festival tours. Zeus Dragon, Gaia Dragon, Hephaestus Dragon, Noah Dragon, and Hera Dragon are the special descendeds you can unlock for being there (also Noel Rush)

Rixa

I have 9 turns time, I have enhanced fuckers, I blow all my skills, even get 3xTPA + GZL + Combo of 7. But I still cant kill this fucker with this team. What the fucking fucking fucking fuck.

I was going to grab easy 100 PAL pts, using friend non maxed Verd. Little did I know.

Fuck this shit.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
loooooooooooooooool Rixa the exactly same thing just happened to me. 30 stamina Tengu he showed up on floor 1 - and i couldnt kill him 4 turns, probably should have looked up how much HP he has...when i realized it it already was too late lol.

Rixa

loooooooooooooooool Rixa the exactly same thing just happened to me. 30 stamina Tengu he showed up on floor 1 - and i couldnt kill him 4 turns, probably should have looked up how much HP he has...when i realized it it already was too late lol.

Yeah I knew the Grisar (since mine is "already" skill level 2) has shitloads of HP. But fuck man. Atleast it was 30 sta (I didnt look how much sta it is before you said).

Nasty surprise, time to do the dungeon again with YD team, take my revenge finally.

According to Reddit, the skill inheritance guerilla is really easy and generous. It looks like equipping and unequipping cards will be the norm. Definitely not something to buy with MP.

Bladelaw

I'm in the same boat, decided to buy yomi dragon. Saved up the mats, have the tamadras, but nowhere near the badpys... Unfortunately I just researched the next dragons and yomi isn't in today's lineup. I hope the Intel was wrong, but we'll see

Sigh... well I'll be feeding the spare baby tamas since we're bound to have another invasion before the end of the month. Globes, Pys and mats need to stay I guess.

UUEvo'd my Perseus.

This guy is a badass.

I have 9 turns time, I have enhanced fuckers, I blow all my skills, even get 3xTPA + GZL + Combo of 7. But I still cant kill this fucker with this team. What the fucking fucking fucking fuck.

I was going to grab easy 100 PAL pts, using friend non maxed Verd. Little did I know.

Fuck this shit.

I was doing the Master difficulty vs Legend and kept failing on Tengu because I was being dumb. All of a sudden this guy shows up on the 4th floor and I about shit my pants. Eff that. Can't imagine how strong he is on Legend.

Bladelaw

Oh right, so I could use a couple UUEVO Perseus friends to test out my rows for days build.
ID: 359,468,351

Right now it's
UUEvo Perseus
Australis
Australis
Flex
Avalon Drake
F. UUEvo Perseus

For flex I slot in Verdandi, Kushi, or Vishnu. I have a third Australis but with out more Skill Boosts it takes a while to get everything up and running. With Vishnu + 2 Australis I have boosted green skyfall for pretty much the entire dungeon.

Bladelaw

Is there any way to get skill delay resist latents beyond the MP store? I haven't seen one in the latent invades but I'm not sure how rare they would be if they spawn there.

If not the question becomes do I buy a couple and who to put them on?

Is there any way to get skill delay resist latents beyond the MP store? I haven't seen one in the latent invades but I'm not sure how rare they would be if they spawn there.

As far as I know they're only farmable from Machine Hera, and not in NA yet.

The general recommendation is to put it on something with haste. That way you can use the haste to help bring your other skills up sooner. I bought two and put them on Yomidra for just that reason.

You might be able to get around buying them by tacking on a 2nd skill with a long cool down. I haven't heard if this is happening in JP, but it would seem to be that if you had a 10 turn first active like Saria's board change, and you tacked on Neptune's 20 turn poison, you'd have a big buffer for when you got skill delayed. I'd wait to see if this is how it ends up being before you commit the buying skill delay latents.

Top Bottom