• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

razterik

Skill delay resist cost in MP store went down by 5k to 25k in recent JP patch, so wait a little longer to purchase it if that's your plan.

Playing JP got a little harder now since I have to guess or research the secondary skill on all my friend leaders..

Bladelaw

I find it interesting they continue to introduce new mechanics, then the ability to ignore those mechanics.

So far I think locked orbs are the only thing lacking a hard counter. Of course it works both was with pretty much every newish boss being immune to status effects.

I'd love a couple solid SDR latents to be able to farm Z8 though. Once it becomes multi only, I'm afraid it'll be out of my reach and I'll have to resort to Pys.

b33r

Is there any way to get skill delay resist latents beyond the MP store? I haven't seen one in the latent invades but I'm not sure how rare they would be if they spawn there.

If not the question becomes do I buy a couple and who to put them on?

Depends what team you want to use them on. I put 2 on Shiva Dragon which works perfect with his active to get the rest of the party back up. I have a best friend with 2 on his and it makes the predra dungeon way easier, as well as some others.

PAD Radar is out!

This is definitely intended to come out stateside: when you link your account, it asks you to set one of your leaders as an avatar -- however it specifically does not allow you to set a collab monster as a leader. That tells me that they don't want licensing issues to prevent them from allowing players of different regions to mingle.

edit: uhhhh what is this menu, it can't possibly be a way to buy an escamali that's absurd
edit 2: nope just wallpapers lol

Lyrian

PAD Radar is out!

This is definitely intended to come out stateside: when you link your account, it asks you to set one of your leaders as an avatar -- however it specifically does not allow you to set a collab monster as a leader. That tells me that they don't want licensing issues to prevent them from allowing players of different regions to mingle.

I see on reddit that someone has gotten the app to work outside of Japan, as long as they are playing on the JP server. In conjunction with you have already said about leaders, this looks promising for release outside of Japan.

I'm rather surprised that Niantic (Ingress developers) has allowed PAD to beat them to the punch in releasing PAD-R before Pokemon Go in Japan.

I don't think it's designed to compete with Pokemon GO. Seems more like a way for GungHo to encourage players to do co-op with one another. The timing of them removing the solo play option can't be a coincidence.

It'd be more like Ingress if the new God Dragon descendeds had raid-like mechanics, and I'm actually kind of surprised they didn't implement something like that.

Lyrian

True,

The initial implementation seems to be a bit barebones, but that is not terribly unreasonable to expect. I wonder if PAD simply tried to establish some sort of player engagement and attachment base to the app before Pokemon Go launches, potentially taking away the most of the player base that would use PAD-R.

I think that solo play was removed from multiplayer because no one really sought out co-op, unless they **absolutely** had to (in other words, be carried by someone). There are multiple videos out in regard to players clearing Legend and Mythical Plus multiplayer dungeons solo. If a high-skilled player does not need to engage in forced multiplayer, then he/she simply won't. Players strongly dislike other players failing dungeons on them.

Great case in point here: On the last NA stream, Antonio flubbing Linthia with Mr. S. On the retry, Richard was brought in to replace Antonio because of his error on the first attempt at the dungeon (Mr. S. was clearly pissed off).

hermit7

Hopefully Ares and Persephone awokens are released during the stream.

I would like for Persephone to have God and or devil type so she can be a pseudo replacement for eschimali.

Extra orb rates are helpful for luci and panda.

Also I have been thinking of uses for this new active skill transfer, may move a hanzo to luci so I can combo his skill with Haku. I just find that his direct damage is really limited and 3 orbs seems really low. Another option is to throw transfer either valk to Dmeta or Dmeta to valk. Damage reduction and orb enhance on a short cool down seems pretty good.

Rixa

Hopefully Ares and Persephone awokens are released during the stream.

I would like for Persephone to have God and or devil type so she can be a pseudo replacement for eschimali.
My D/G Persephone is max skilled and its been really helpful in my YD team since Its ready at first turn. Iam prolly going to leave it so and not turn it to Awoken form.

SaintR

Hey guys really lttp on this but anybody want to explain the multiplayer dungeons in the sense of how do I invite others to do it....or do I randomly send invites and hope they join?

Bladelaw

True,

The initial implementation seems to be a bit barebones, but that is not terribly unreasonable to expect. I wonder if PAD simply tried to establish some sort of player engagement and attachment base to the app before Pokemon Go launches, potentially taking away the most of the player base that would use PAD-R.

I think that solo play was removed from multiplayer because no one really sought out co-op, unless they **absolutely** had to (in other words, be carried by someone). There are multiple videos out in regard to players clearing Legend and Mythical Plus multiplayer dungeons solo. If a high-skilled player does not need to engage in forced multiplayer, then he/she simply won't. Players strongly dislike other players failing dungeons on them.

Great case in point here: On the last NA stream, Antonio flubbing Linthia with Mr. S. On the retry, Richard was brought in to replace Antonio because of his error on the first attempt at the dungeon (Mr. S. was clearly pissed off).

This is the biggest thing keeping me from multiplayer. I'll play fine for the most part but in high difficulty content one fuckup means game over. I'm ok with failing myself but letting my partner down isn't something I want to do. Once they remove solo play it's going to be a bummer. I rage stoned my way through a couple of the legend plus dungeons just to have a copy of the monster before they're out of my reach.

That said if there are folks here that are ok with the occasional fuckup I'll be available. I just don't want to be partially responsible for a broken phone.

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/news.asp?nid=494

FF uvos announced.

Sephiroth gets 81x ATK
Yuna gets 64x ATK
Cloud gets.....4x HP

I feel like cloud got shafted here...

Interested in Sephiroth, but not sure on team. Only orb changers in NA are HKali and I guess Volsung. Could also run DKali and just deal with a 9x multiplier for one card and hope that the 81x (+ any boost) is enough.

Something like Sephiroth/A Yomi/A Loki/Volsung or DKali/Okuni/Sephiroth?

Bladelaw

If I want to climb ranks in the ranking dungeon what's my best strategy? Power blitzing isn't working for me, I'm guessing my avg combo score or my time is too low. Clearing the dungeon is easy at least.

Are teams that require a high combo count to deal proper damage a better suit here? I'm running with my A. Shiva team which hits pretty hard but I get orb trolled on reds constantly.

I could run a. ra or A. Sakuya I guess? Are you folks able to get consistent activation without skills? What clear times are you getting? my best was 58.38 remaining.

hermit7

If I want to climb ranks in the ranking dungeon what's my best strategy? Power blitzing isn't working for me, I'm guessing my avg combo score or my time is too low. Clearing the dungeon is easy at least.

Are teams that require a high combo count to deal proper damage a better suit here? I'm running with my A. Shiva team which hits pretty hard but I get orb trolled on reds constantly.

I could run a. ra or A. Sakuya I guess? Are you folks able to get consistent activation without skills? What clear times are you getting? my best was 58.38 remaining.

I got around 9 percent with 211 seconds remaining.

Ran yomidra and matched 5 and cleared the board as much as possible. I had a good orb spawn though which is really the crux of this dungeon.

True,

I still think PAD-R is designed to be a value adder to PAD rather than its own standalone thing like GO appears to be. The Near functionality (where you can find nearby players using the same leader as you) and the seeded co-op descendeds (idk what it's like in Japan, but there's zilch in terms of treasure around where I live which is disappointing but expected) are designed to encourage PAD players to meet up and play co-op with one another.

Pokemon GO, on the other hand, seems to be designed to get players to play Pokemon GO with one another. Instead of engaging with the core product players are using the spinoff product itself. If there were benefits to playing that transferred over into Sun/Moon (in a manner similar to how O-Powers and Wonder Trade work in X/Y) it would be more similar to PAD Radar.

kikkai

Neo Member
I've started to actually git gud at this game recently. I finally cleared technicals up to Mechdragon's Massive Fortress/Mythic Stone Dragon Cave. Still in tier 1 for the both of them, tho. Also up to tier 3 of Starlight Sanctuary. Somehow I saved up 26 stones since the last godfest since I've been grinding over the past week. Trying to save most of them for pcgf, since I don't really IAP.

jiggle

I've started to actually git gud at this game recently. I finally cleared technicals up to Mechdragon's Massive Fortress/Mythic Stone Dragon Cave. Still in tier 1 for the both of them, tho. Also up to tier 3 of Starlight Sanctuary. Somehow I saved up 26 stones since the last godfest since I've been grinding over the past week. Trying to save most of them for pcgf, since I don't really IAP.
Grats!
Starting out
Isn't it better to pull every GF you can?

yami4ct

Grats!
Starting out

Eh. Kinda not really. Where you should pull depends heavily on what you get early on and what your starting leader is. Don't have a good leader at all? Indian 2.0 and Egyptian 1 are probably your best bet. There are absolutely bad GFs as well. You aren't going to recommend a new player pull on a Angel 2.0/Archdemon GF for the most part, even with the heavy boost to Luci.

You're time is super slow. What's your current ranking %? What tier are you hoping to reach? The top scores will all have times with 180+ seconds left. But this dungeon favors higher combo count over pure speed compared to previous ranking dungeons due to it having less floors. If you are decent with rainbow leads, A.Sakuya is definitely better than A.Ra for this dungeon. A.Ra is limited to 20.25x ATK with no active skills. A.Sakuya scales up to crazy damage with more combos, which you should already be trying to maximize each turn. Double A.Sakuya leads also already has 2 anti-jammer awakenings and it's easy to fit more onto the team if you want.

CdzFTvJUUAAMyuA.jpg

AS: 10k true damage + DKali active
LS: 4xATK for 4attrs, 4.5xATK for 5attrs; up to 2.5x for 5+ linked light orbs

rest of the mobs are garbo and arent really wroth mentioning

linsivvi

Sakuya is better. Ra is a waste since you are capped at 5x. Try to have as many jammer resist as you can, even if that means using Droidragon.

If you really have to use Ra, use a Ra Dragon friend instead.

Bladelaw

Thanks for the help all, I managed a 168 which put me in the 20-30% bracket (27.5%)

It would have been faster but I botched the first combo on Takeminekata. This was with Awoken Shiva as my attempts with A. Sakuya were pretty bad. I'll keep an eye on my rank but that's definitely the bracket I want.

hermit7

Managed to do some coop and finish yamato rush (screw that dungeon)

Still have scarlet and linthia to do in coop and mech hera but that is a ways off.

I also have myth plus dragon rush with ilsix, but man I hate ilsix as a floor. Never the less will probably make an effort for that maybe tonight.

kikkai

Neo Member
Starting out

I feel like I'm at the point where saving up stones is paramount to me getting some new and useful monsters. It is bad enough when I can only get two or three rem pulls every godfest and one of them is a Dill Sirius or related crap pull -_- I recently pulled a Lakshmi, a LKali, and a Fenrir, though... Those are my 'actually useful' recent pulls. I'm at rank 205.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yolo pulled Zuoh. Yes, non Dupe.

Is he still considered good with Meimei system? I ready have 3 A.Meimei and could evolve my forth one.

GungHo really?

Spend 99 stamina, dont get anything. Ok I got stone for first clear but wow this dungeon is bad.
Ouch... After getting shitty drops the last time I definitely try to stay away from this one.

Rixa

Yolo pulled Zuoh. Yes, non Dupe.

Is he still considered good with Meimei system? I ready have 3 A.Meimei and could evolve my forth one.

Ouch... After getting shitty drops the last time I definitely try to stay away from this one.

Ive been yolopulling thru week for search of Valkm nope havent got any. Iam gathering stones for one yolo. Knowing my luck, I end up getting those stupid Mechgods that are utterly shit :).

Yea, I did that dungeon cause I finally had enough stamina when it showed on morning. And wont do it again until they tune up it, dont need evo mats, I was just after the stone.

Raphael
Indra(Dupe)
Ra(Dupe)
Cyber Beast Phact
Cinderella
Ryune

Pulling one more later. Not sure why they stack me with so many blue monsters. Current blue team I'm using.

Link

Diodiablo

Banned
Pulled a Michael.

I have other rolls but I'll keep them for tomorrow, Hino-Kagutsuchi is too good for my AShiva team to pass this opportunity.
Michael would be good on a A.Astaroth team, I just need more subs for that.

ROLO Amaterasu. MP

Got up to 1.7% with RaDra, but it sucks getting orb trolled most of the time. Gonna see if I have better luck with D/L Anubis. Not gonna bother hypermaxing him just for this ranking dungeon though. I know it's just for a vanity crown, but after getting the first 2, I want to keep it going if I can. If only I burst harder during this run, I think the additional max damage points may have gotten me into 1%.

Skipping the godfest, first time I won't even yolo pull in a long time.

I spent 3 stones and a day's worth of natural stamina/rank-ups on chasing akechi skill-ups. All I have to show for it was 2 akechi drops. It's seriously the worst, but I'm going to have to keep stoning it until I finish at least one of my akechis. Managed to nearly max skill my Apoc though, which made it tolerable. I have 3 Akechi's (and 2 on my alt, I can't help rolling him), and I'd like to work on my 2nd since I use him in all of my dark teams, Typhon and A. Panda.

NeckToChicken

Unconfirmed Member
Blew 35 well saved stones because I needed me some of that Raphael for both Saria and A. Ama teams.

Fenrir
Woodbahn
Fenrir (!?)
Phoenix Rider
Angelious
Gabriel
Izanagi

At least I got an archangel? And two nightmare jammer wolves? Ugh.

Bladelaw

Couple pulled until Satsuki or an Angel
Nepthys (dupe sold)
Apollo (yay!)
Typhon (yay!)
Green golem thing (sold)
Sleeping beauty (sold)
Raphael (woo)

3/6 on pulls but Apollo and Raph really open up my light box.
I'm thinking of making a light Row team
Wukong
Apollo
Raph
Venus
Thor
Wukong

I have all the mats except jewels to make it happen too.

Alternatively I can run Thoria just swapping Thor and Wukong

Quantum

my itunes account was hacked this morning.

my account was drained, so far I still have access to my PAD account but I'm guessing its only a matter of time till its gone.

I wont have access to a device to do a transfer to until this afternoon so I'm freaking out (android)

my photostream had a copy of my secret code so I'm pretty screwed if the account is transferred before I can transfer it.

I am freaking out as there was other private data in my photostream - anything that doesn't have two step verification - gah - this is a colossal nightmare.

my itunes account was hacked this morning.

my account was drained, so far I still have access to my PAD account but I'm guessing its only a matter of time till its gone.

I wont have access to a device to do a transfer to until this afternoon so I'm freaking out (android)

my photostream had a copy of my secret code so I'm pretty screwed if the account is transferred before I can transfer it.

I am freaking out as there was other private data in my photostream - anything that doesn't have two step verification - gah - this is a colossal nightmare.
Oh jeez, if I were still at home I'd offer to use my old iPhone as a burner device. Is there nobody you can find who could temporarily transfer the account onto their device?

Kyuur

Rolled three times, all Heaven's Gala, 2 trash but Apollo! With a 2nd orb changer in addition to Elia, I think I might start working on my Archangel/Ammy team. Still having trouble with God Rush though, was hoping to pull Zuoh or Typhon for a full board change for my Luci team. :/

Top Bottom