• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

colinp

Banned
Could someone explain what locked orbs do? I ran into it once and didn't quite catch on to what was happening before clearing the board. I'm sure it's something simple I'm missing but I haven't seen it since.

Could someone explain what locked orbs do? I ran into it once and didn't quite catch on to what was happening before clearing the board. I'm sure it's something simple I'm missing but I haven't seen it since.

Can't change them. You have to get rid of them by matching or refreshing the board.

razterik

As the name implies, they're locked as that specific type/color and cannot be changed with any orb or full board change skill. The only ways to remove locked orbs are matching them or with a board refresh skill, such as Mastering or Maeda Keiji.

Edit: Wait, I think we can get a couple more in here with the same answer, haha.

Jagernaut

Just max skilled Raphael and Mori Motonari with mostly natural stamina on 2x drop days, feels good. Finally done with this dungeon.

So now I have 15 rewards from challenge dungeons, and no idea what's what anymore. Good problem to have I guess. Maybe I will increase box space...

razterik

Couldn't resist JP GF. Last minute rolls:

Satsuki #3
Sumire #2
Apollo!

Now who do I replace on my Thoria team? Ilya, Wukong or Pollux. I like them all for different reasons. Hmm.

jiggle

Satsuki #3
Sumire #2
Apollo!

Now who do I replace on my Thoria team? Ilya, Wukong or Pollux. I like them all for different reasons. Hmm.
Can me and my alt add u to FL?
-99% hp attack in challenge dungeon is killing double Soria :(

Satsuki #3
Sumire #2
Apollo!

Wouldn't Elia be the odd man out, since she doesn't have rows? I just put Apollo on my Thoria team over Apoc. I like him a lot. I didn't have any way to skill Apoc, so it was an easy choice, but once they're both skilled I think I'll stick with Apollo. Don't think I need a 2nd board changer since Saria is up so fast with hastes. I'd love to be able to add Pollux over Valk, but I don't have the piis to skill her.

J0dy77

Post your box and maybe we can figure something out? What works for you will depend on what you've invested in.

I'm kicking myself really badly. I had the dungeon beat. Was on round 10 with yomi, l. Kali and a gravity with my Kirin team. Decide to stall a round just to be sure and she hits me with skill bind. I suck.

This is probably my best team to run it with. I've tried Thor, yomi and urd. They just can't get over the hump.

razterik

Wouldn't Elia be the odd man out, since she doesn't have rows? I just put Apollo on my Thoria team over Apoc. I like him a lot. I didn't have any way to skill Apoc, so it was an easy choice, but once they're both skilled I think I'll stick with Apollo. Don't think I need a 2nd board changer since Saria is up so fast with hastes. I'd love to be able to add Pollux over Valk, but I don't have the piis to skill her.

Both Apocalypse and Pollux have dungeon skill ups now, though. If you wait a while, they should show up in coin dungeons or something.

Elia pairs super well with Apocalypse for a light/heart board since I don't have the usual DQ sub. And I love having almost all haste subs to cycle through actives. But yeah, she's probably the most likely to get kicked once Apollo is done. Having two heart changers isn't too appealing, though.

I'm kicking myself really badly. I had the dungeon beat. Was on round 10 with yomi, l. Kali and a gravity with my Kirin team. Decide to stall a round just to be sure and she hits me with skill bind. I suck.

This is probably my best team to run it with. I've tried Thor, yomi and urd. They just can't get over the hump.

Ouch. I don't run Scarlet without HP boost, so I'd naturally lean to Thor or maybe Urd paired with Raoh if you have enough devil/attacker subs?

razterik

PXV4dpRl.jpg

Didn't quite finish during the weekend, but close enough. Spent a couple stones on stamina running coop, which is strangely more difficult than solo.

Now for Linthias, Scarlets, Grisar and a lot of dark resists.

Skill inheritance details out:
http://pad.gungho.jp/member/skill_keishou/160314.html
Five different color "Tans", need a specific set of four which varies based on card element/sub element.
Cost 25k MP in MP shop. Also farmable(ish?) in a 50 stamina, 4 floor guerrilla dungeon.
Must be rank 130 or higher.
Card must be 5* rarity or higher, max level, max awakenings (not latents), and from the REM or a collab REM.
Cost 2 mil coins and locks the inherited card from being used/sold.

Rixa

How much is the PAL cap nowadays? It seems I have 22050 Pal points and not interested to use them. But I may need to use them cause soon in cap again. Too bad I cant change them to mail items (would be nice feature, reminding that mail cap would still be 200).

I guess I should do Experience of the Lifetime dungeon and Four-Leaf Blessing, also I should do some challenge dungeons.

Blah give 10x back, my stamina is rotting and I dont have much interest at the moment.

linsivvi

How much is the PAL cap nowadays? It seems I have 22050 Pal points and not interested to use them. But I may need to use them cause soon in cap again. Too bad I cant change them to mail items (would be nice feature, reminding that mail cap would still be 200).

I guess I should do Experience of the Lifetime dungeon and Four-Leaf Blessing, also I should do some challenge dungeons.

Blah give 10x back, my stamina is rotting and I dont have much interest at the moment.

You should at least solo multiplayer dungeons since it's at half stamina now. Rank is never useless as it increases the value of your stone when your refresh stamina.

Quantum

Unless you have a dupe, it may be for the best if Raph gets an Awoken with different active.

I do not - Raph is one of the few that I don't have a dupe of - I just had images of a light row team - I Uvo'd Raph and haven't done anything with it.

How much is the PAL cap nowadays? It seems I have 22050 Pal points and not interested to use them.

50 pulls now I believe, so ~ 25000

You should at least solo multiplayer dungeons since it's at half stamina now. Rank is never useless as it increases the value of your stone when your refresh stamina.

are they half stamina for this event only, or do they do their own thing? I don't follow JPN - do the dungeons regularly go on half stamina?
- I guess they are trying to generate interest in the dungeons - which other than playing a few of the rounds with my nephew, I find them pretty worthless.

Rixa

True, those earlier ones are so easy, made few with friend. Also Iam dooing challenge dungeons since they are fast started from ch.8 downwards.

linsivvi

are they half stamina for this event only, or do they do their own thing? I don't follow JPN - do the dungeons regularly go on half stamina?
- I guess they are trying to generate interest in the dungeons - which other than playing a few of the rounds with my nephew, I find them pretty worthless.

Well it goes on until the 24th. Since the next version update will remove solo from multiplayer, this is most likely the only time you can actually farm these dungeons for rank on your own.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I have a feeling that i will spend the next couple days just aimlessly farming Wood & Dark Dog Dragons - i have Ishida, Avalon Drake and multiple Apocalypse.

Or maybe i need to look into 1/2 MP dungeons..dont know what to run though - just farming for Piis is boring.

Quantum

Well it goes on until the 24th. Since the next version update will remove solo from multiplayer, this is most likely the only time you can actually farm these dungeons for rank on your own.

got it - make sense to do them now, I'll probably never look at them again after they remove the solo - what is the point of that?

if anything its like removing content - such an odd decision.

Rixa

There is one thing they should remove. My alt is in desperate need of exp dragons and what I get when using PEM.

banghead.gif

Edit: Then I decided to make 2 pulls out of God Fest, cause I really dont like that Mech God2 series and I could use Valk of any colour.
- First pull Apocalypse \o_ Thanks :)
- Second pull Algedi *its not fucking god fest now, why I got this*

got it - make sense to do them now, I'll probably never look at them again after they remove the solo - what is the point of that?

I think the majority of players were just attempting to solo the dungeons instead of actually playing them co-op.

If you've noticed, players seem more psychologically willing to stone for continues when playing co-op than when playing solo.

Didn't quite finish during the weekend, but close enough. Spent a couple stones on stamina running coop, which is strangely more difficult than solo.

Now for Linthias, Scarlets, Grisar and a lot of dark resists.

Skill inheritance details out:
http://pad.gungho.jp/member/skill_keishou/160314.html
Five different color "Tans", need a specific set of four which varies based on card element/sub element.
Cost 25k MP in MP shop. Also farmable(ish?) in a 50 stamina, 4 floor guerrilla dungeon.
Must be rank 130 or higher.
Card must be 5* rarity or higher, max level, max awakenings (not latents), and from the REM or a collab REM.
Cost 2 mil coins and locks the inherited card from being used/sold.

God damn it. I wanted to slap a max skilled valk on my L.meta.

Bladelaw

Since I can't read JP does this mean no skill ups till they're back in the rotation? Also is there a place to see everything that's possible via rotation?

Since I can't read JP does this mean no skill ups till they're back in the rotation? Also is there a place to see everything that's possible via rotation?

If you have PadGuide, you can see what the current skill rotation is and it shows what it has been. You can also look at what JP has done as well. It's a feature I didn't know about when I first got the app, but it's really helpful. Just go to the monster tab and it's the triangle symbol.

I thought it was said that there's some JP law against making things exclusively accessible through REM. Is that a myth or does it not apply in this skill inheritance case? Also fuck me for selling all those dupe Christmas silver Healers with the Menace skill. Oh well, I kept one of each at least so I can still transfer those.

I thought it was said that there's some JP law against making things exclusively accessible through REM. Is that a myth or does it not apply in this skill inheritance case? Also fuck me for selling all those dupe Christmas silver Healers with the Menace skill. Oh well, I kept one of each at least so I can still transfer those.

Those are 4*, they need to be 5* or up.

As for the law, nothing like dungeons or evos are gated behind this new system. Just like MP dragons or at the time, latent tamas. They are all really nice things but not required to enter a dungeons.

Those are 4*, they need to be 5* or up.

As for the law, nothing like dungeons or evos are gated behind this new system. Just like MP dragons or at the time, latent tamas. They are all really nice things but not required to enter a dungeons.
Thanks for clarification. Aww sucks about the Menace girls. They'd be perfect inheritance mobs.

Looking at skill inheritance candidates and came across Killua. 10K true damage to all enemies and 1 turn delay on 9CD. Perfect for an Arena RaDra team. Too bad we never got his collab.

Thanks for clarification. Aww sucks about the Menace girls. They'd be perfect inheritance mobs.

I know, I was thinking about loading them onto a few of my units.

I also wanted to give my L.meta a L.valk skill and use the open slot for Elia but turns out you can't so whatever. I'm still going to give Da Qiao Wu Kong's active since they're the same cooldown to give me better control over what I turn my board into. Also going to give L.valk or L.meta Fuma Kotaro's skill.

Top Bottom