• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

I cleared friday mythical for the first time today and was able to get 2 devilits and uevo my first panda and put her on my ronia team. Her bind clear made the dungeon a whole lot easier. With the enhance carnival I was also able to evo and level my akechi. Ronia + Lu Bu + Akechi, and I burst over 10 mill with a couple skyfall combos, it's insane.

Congrats! It's a good feeling once you can farm all the weekday dungeons. Friday took me awhile.

hermit7

Beat challenge 10. One stone, but that's OK.

Got lkali and had Haku up with okuni. Wasn't able to one shot her, got her to about 50 percent and had to stall for skills with her around 50 percent.

Ran out of heal orbs and burned the stone. Popped bikinidora and luci for 30 percent and then had Haku and okuni again for the kill.

Could have no stoned it had some hearts dropped but am otherwise pleased. I think Pandora will be a better bet for me without having akechi, the burst just isn't there without the orb enhance, and the ability to fix boards.

Thinking the team for me is a.luci, zuoh, bikinidora, yomidra, Loki

For a. panda going to run bikinidora, Loki, zuoh, dvalk

It's amazing how free Ultimate God Rush is with A.ALucifer. Should have Ilya maxed with free stamina by the end of the weekend if nothing else comes up. Now I need to find an easy equivalent team for Devil Rush so I can max a Grisar.
It's crazy how some players actually max-skilled them via invades.

razterik

I'd make a sad face about how I spent 15 piis on Ilya in JP, but then I got like 20 free piis of my choice right after, so..

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I really want to see ultimates for both Ilya and Grisar now that they're relatively easier to use and have been mostly left behind by the meta.

Managed to be my first rouge dungeon solo today.

Took ~7 tries but I managed to beat Scarlet today (for the nice 3k mp and badpy)

Used my I&I / Hermes / Hatsume / Gabriel / Andromeda / Ryune team.

Strategy involved killing the red demon on floor two in one active and stalling a turn for I&I to one shot the green one and hope to not get Dancing Hera on floor 5.

I got Dancing queen the first 4 times I made it to floor 5 =/

Now to try and beat Corspe Dragon and Tengu in the 2 days or so.

Those dungeons are awful, especially when you don't have a large and verstile box.

Kyuur

I'd make a sad face about how I spent 15 piis on Ilya in JP, but then I got like 20 free piis of my choice right after, so..

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I really want to see ultimates for both Ilya and Grisar now that they're relatively easier to use and have been mostly left behind by the meta.

Left behind? Didn't Grisar just get his turn to shine with A.Luci and A.Pandora?

razterik

I suppose you're right, but I still don't really think of him as a best-in-slot sub like Ilya was for A.Sakuya. He was better than a farmable like CDK, but worse than most other options, which was sad considering his old usage cost was more than a few REM rolls.

I suppose you're right, but I still don't really think of him as a best-in-slot sub like Ilya was for A.Sakuya. He was better than a farmable like CDK, but worse than most other options, which was sad considering his old usage cost was more than a few REM rolls.
I'm trying to decide if I want to max skill a Grisar to finish off my Pandora team. For now it's Akechi, Zuoh, Lilith, and Awoken Lucifer. I'm working on Hanzo for that last slot, but I think I'd put Grisar there in a heartbeat if I could. Hanzo's HP is so bad.

5qhoI5z.jpg

FINALLY

Bladelaw

So I managed to 0 stone ultimate God Rush with my A. Luci team. I even got Elia at the end. No skill up. Given the stress of that I don't want to deal with that. I think she'll be getting my shynpys. Unless there's a better candidate?

razterik

Stress? What's your team? If it's too tough solo, coop should make it a breeze. I could host some runs in the Discord chat later, but I'm busy for a little while.

Lots of better candidates for light piis if you've got the box. 50 stamina for a chance at skill up is a cheaper rate than most other skill ups, especially with the rank exp Ultimate God Rush spits out.

You wanted to "play"? Sorry, just here to farm Dub Mythlits.

Illucio

Banned
Looking for I&I Friends. (Has Ryune as a leader)

Other Leaders I typically use:
Shiva Dragon
A. Shiva
Ra Dragon
Bastet/Verdandi/A. Freyja (rotate between them constantly.)
A. Sakuya
A. Thor
A. Yomi

Add me:
Name: Illucio
ID: 339,451,389

Looking for I&I Friends. (Has Ryune as a leader)

Other Leaders I typically use:
Shiva Dragon
A. Shiva
Ra Dragon
Bastet/Verdandi/A. Freyja (rotate between them constantly.)
A. Sakuya
A. Thor
A. Yomi

Add me:
Name: Illucio
ID: 339,451,389

Working on A.I&I and Saria. Have hypermax Blonia, Bastet, A.Yomi. Also rotate between hypermax Dmeta, LKali, Pandora, A.Ama, Kanna.

Divine Queen's Sleepless Castle is really tough. Even with my best team and strongest monsters it's proving to be really difficult. :(

It was an endgame dungeon at one point, you'll have to step it up to progress

It's also technically an optional dungeon so you can also skip it for now.

One shot c10 with kirin. Dizanami gets the mvp award.

gpYpf

https://imgur.com/a/gpYpf

Anyone know why my image link isn't working from imgur? I tried it with.jpg after and png nothing seems to work for the link.

works fine for me, I think you tried to hotlink the share link instead of the actual image

jay23

Before I hate myself should I bother working on this team?

Also have 2x castor in my box not sure what the optimal awoken yomi team is. Also have Goetia never tried making a strictly OE based team.

It was an endgame dungeon at one point, you'll have to step it up to progress

It's also technically an optional dungeon so you can also skip it for now.
True. I really want the satisfaction of clearing it because it will help me know that I'm ready to take on some Descended Dungeons on Legend. Maybe I need an even better team...

Bladelaw

Stress? What's your team? If it's too tough solo, coop should make it a breeze. I could host some runs in the Discord chat later, but I'm busy for a little while.

Lots of better candidates for light piis if you've got the box. 50 stamina for a chance at skill up is a cheaper rate than most other skill ups, especially with the rank exp Ultimate God Rush spits out.

You wanted to "play"? Sorry, just here to farm Dub Mythlits.
I'm basically unskilled with my luci team so a lot of floor clears depend strongly on lucky skyfall until escamali is up. Elia actually is the least stressful part. Zeus's combo shield is where I'm usually boned.

Team is
A. Luci
Okuni
A. Haku
Akechi
Escamali
A. Luci

HGH

Banned
Divine Queen's Sleepless Castle is really tough. Even with my best team and strongest monsters it's proving to be really difficult. :(
Here here, I reached it myself this week. My weak combo team can't blitz Hera yet so now I'm stuck either levelling a Light healer team with a Metatron lead or a LuBu team.
And most of the enemies in Starlight Sanctuary need a whole bunch of combos before I can even hurt them.
It's funny though, I can't beat Hera but I know I can beat the dungeon after her, cause I already did so in the Descended Challenge.

EDIT: Why are these conditional Technical dungeons so piss easy? IE: No RCV/5x4 board. They barely even give EXP either.

hermit7

I'm basically unskilled with my luci team so a lot of floor clears depend strongly on lucky skyfall until escamali is up. Elia actually is the least stressful part. Zeus's combo shield is where I'm usually boned.

Team is
A. Luci
Okuni
A. Haku
Akechi
Escamali
A. Luci

I have been running it as well. Great exp and it is pretty fun as well actually.

Zeus is definitely the hard part with the needed combos and rows from luci. Typically though that floor can be stalled out, I have blown skills and then stalled until they are back up again. Just need to clear the board as much as possible and hope for hearts to fall. The good thing is that there is no sky fall buffs.

smbu2000

Haven't posted lately as I've been a bit busy. Still playing though.

I had pulled a Rukia on my iPad before the Bleach collab. ended and just finished 297 her. Trying out a Rukia/BValk/Alrescha/Skuld/Andromeda team with her. Only Rukia is hyper though (rest are max skilled.)

Just pulled another DMeta on my iPad as well. Happy to get a 6* GFE and probably won't sell her (my first one is hyper) in case something interesting comes up for her. Also pulled Akechi. Very happy about that one as I can use him on my YD or A.Pandora teams. Coming out with 40 plus attack eggs also let me max out his attack already as I gave him a troll gold egg (that had plus 40 attack eggs as well.)

On my main account I hypered Rodin (#1) last week and just finished up 297 on my Akechi (from the memorial REM). Still need to skill him up, can't decide if I should try for skill up dogs (which don't drop very often) or just give him badpys since he will be going straight away on my YD team.

In the last GF I managed to pull Scheat a nice 6* GFE with 5 TPAs and today I managed to pull Skuld, another 6* GFE. Very nice! I've had a good string of pulling 6* GFEs on my main account lately. I had pulled Silvie and Ryune in the previous ones.

I managed to max skill that Skuld with the 18 Blue Fruits I had sitting in my box. I also pulled 2 more Urds and another Saria with my 7 pulls. Now I have 5 Urds and that's not even counting the 2 I sold off before, hah!

Also hit 850 days on my main account not too long ago and 800 days on my iPad.

Main, scrounged up 5 stones after that and pulled my 2nd Saria.
iPad, picked up another 5 stones after and pulled another of the new blue ones, Acubens. Fed that Sylph to Akechi for the plus eggs.

Here here, I reached it myself this week. My weak combo team can't blitz Hera yet so now I'm stuck either levelling a Light healer team with a Metatron lead or a LuBu team.
And most of the enemies in Starlight Sanctuary need a whole bunch of combos before I can even hurt them.
It's funny though, I can't beat Hera but I know I can beat the dungeon after her, cause I already did so in the Descended Challenge.

EDIT: Why are these conditional Technical dungeons so piss easy? IE: No RCV/5x4 board. They barely even give EXP either.
I've been using leader Vritra and LuBu and it easily gets me to Hera with relative ease. But yeah the issue is easily Hera herself: 10,000+ damage every turn and over 2,000,000 HP is really hard to beat.

Lol I know, those conditional Technical dungeons are a breeze.

smbu2000

Well they used to be different. They were standard boards and required certain characters. For example, the water one required all characters to be water based and then no water orbs would appear in the dungeon. (you needed to use orb changers)

It wasn't until recently (?) I don't remember when, that they changed them to 5x4 with no hearts.

For some reason I decided to pull the Director's Carnival a few times. Pulled Green Guan Yu and Green Valk. Gonna want to get a green row team up and running pretty soon. Skilling up Valkyrie won't be fun though...

razterik

Smbu, don't tempt me to pull! Want to save stones for whatever changes are likely coming to the REM in the next month or so. I doubt they're going to leave it as is once the rates are revealed and there might be more new Gacha policies beyond that.

Team is
A. Luci
Okuni
A. Haku
Akechi
Escamali
A. Luci

Stratios combo shield is the part I get stuck at, too. Usually just stall until I can combo Haku->Akechi for a six combo. Running it in multiplayer gives a big HP buffer for charging skills, so I'd still give it try if you're interested.

Challenge level 10, zero stone in first attempt. I like these 3 floor dungeons a lot. Having to grind through the longer gauntlet of bosses is a hassle. Arena is enough of that already.

Speaking of which, where's our Descended Arena 1.0 already!? JP got it right after 2.0 was implemented. Should have known NA would drag their feet on it.

Smbu, don't tempt me to pull! Want to save stones for whatever changes are likely coming to the REM in the next month or so. I doubt they're going to leave it as is once the rates are revealed and there might be more new Gacha policies beyond that.
Did you read that thread about the Bloomberg article on Granblue? The ARPPU for PAD is super tame compared to that game. I think Cygames revealed the rates for the rarest stuff was something crazy like .007%

jay23

Made it all the way up to Hera ur before getting wrecked in hell demon. Got her down to 30% then proceeded to get orb trolled thanks to those jammers. Wanted the other Hera to spawn for type advantage with my Ra team.

I'll wait till my blue team is ready before trying again.

razterik

Did you read that thread about the Bloomberg article on Granblue? The ARPPU for PAD is super tame compared to that game. I think Cygames revealed the rates for the rarest stuff was something crazy like .007%

I would assume ARPPU goes down as a game matures and reaches saturation like PAD has. Also the market for each game seems different, with PAD targeting a casual, generally less otaku crowd. And the percentage of paying players and size of active player base are also important factors.

While I agree with the perception that PAD is more generous than other similar games, I don't think they're above reproach either. I think they will follow market regulations, even if it's at most a token gesture. Certainly not expecting refunds a la Granblue or anything drastic.

jiggle

Nice GF
Got a few useful eggs
The big ones being sylvie and australis
to add to my freyja & Perseus
Green row team get :D
Shame sylvie and Freyja are not on separate accounts though

Lyrian

Did you read that thread about the Bloomberg article on Granblue? The ARPPU for PAD is super tame compared to that game.

Cosmo, I think you misread the article.

Bloomberg said:
CyberAgent isn’t the largest mobile gaming company in Japan by revenue; it’s third after Mixi Inc. and GungHo Online Entertainment Inc. For the industry’s biggest games, the average revenue per paying user ranges from 42,000 yen ($373) a month for Mixi’s Monster Strike to 6,200 yen for GungHo’s Puzzle & Dragons, according to Macquarie.

So, in terms of revenue generation, its Monster Strike >>>>> PAD > Granblue Fantasy.

Napkin math says that PAD is pulling $55 USD per paying player. That's what.... a bit over a pack per paying player per month? Not bad at all for being in a distant second place to Monster Strike.

hermit7

Been running through the myth plus, man some of those are really hard.

Finished dev rush decently but hera is really challenging and I hate ilsix. Man screw ilsix.

For people looking to farm Ogres for Rider skillups, I got quite a few just clearing the normal dungeons added to the multiplayer dungeons. The 7 floor dungeons are only 6 stam per run and are a breeze. Normal dungeons are also an option with the bonus of 3x +eggs.

razterik

Rage posting about Mythical Plus Hera Rush. Cruising all the way to the end every time and dying to the boss is extremely irritating. Eventually just gave up and stoned once after blowing two bars of stamina on failed runs. Arghhh.

HGH

Banned
Alright, I got my new party ready, a good new friend helper, and a sound strategy, nothing could possibly go wro-
*Karin invades for the first time ever, kicks my ass in 3 turns, 50 stamina gone*
Thanks PAD.
I'm sure someone else would have enjoyed seeing that appear though.
EDIT: It just happened again oh my god why

forgrim

Alright, I got my new party ready, a good new friend helper, and a sound strategy, nothing could possibly go wro-
*Karin invades for the first time ever, kicks my ass in 3 turns, 50 stamina gone*
Thanks PAD.
I'm sure someone else would have enjoyed seeing that appear though.
EDIT: It just happened again oh my god why

Has happened to everyone before, grisar was my bane when i couldnt clear him

J0dy77

Can anyone please give me a consistent team for scarlet? I hate this dungeon with such a passion. Just can't get through it, so much random bs.

razterik

Can anyone please give me a consistent team for scarlet? I hate this dungeon with such a passion. Just can't get through it, so much random bs.

Post your box and maybe we can figure something out? What works for you will depend on what you've invested in.

Top Bottom