• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Kreed

Why are these dungeons so hard? You would think the boss is amazing but they are nothing but trophies. If the game was more like MS and the boss drop was at least on par with some A tier REM cards I'd get why they are hard.

This used to be the case prior to Lucifer and the Egyptians sending the power creep into overdrive and pushing the focus to REM only teams. Hera, Zeus, etc... were sought after because they were great leads and subs, especially for players who couldn't pull anything worthwhile from the REM so it made sense for the dungeons to be difficult. Now they are evo materials, and newer dungeons are just for the challenge.

hermit7

This used to be the case prior to Lucifer and the Egyptians sending the power creep into overdrive and pushing the focus to REM only teams. Hera, Zeus, etc... were sought after because they were great leads and subs, especially for players who couldn't pull anything worthwhile from the REM so it made sense for the dungeons to be difficult. Now they are evo materials, and newer dungeons are just for the challenge.

Egypt 1 had the biggest effect here I think, Horus and his 4x for 4 colors and Isis and her 3x 3 colors were truly game changing. Since then they have needed to change the game to compensate. Juggler and the Awoken Egypt were a more recent example of significant power creep, but the game had been on a bit of a standstill since then (Even including a. luci)

Awakenings had a huge impact as well, with the prioritization of rem cards having better awakenings than farmable cards.

The game used to be much slower too, so Zeus and hera has 20 turn max cds where that is never seen now a days. I don't disagree that there has been a significant power creep but if there wasn't newechanics and am luci was still the best then man I probably would not play.

Max skilled Akechi on the same feeding session I max skilled Apoc! So pumped to have finished them. I think I'll work on my 2nd Akechi just using natural stamina the rest of the event. I was expecting it to go way worse.

Did a celebratory roll since I didn't need to stone for Akechi skill ups and rolled Acubens. Maybe I'm crazy, but I honestly like him. Love the awakenings and the low active cool down. I don't know how I'll use him. The active isn't terrible. The jammers are basically an easy off color match. I doubt I'd lead with him ever, but maybe he's a sub somewhere. I have a lot of interesting blue REM monsters, so making a team is going to be fun once my A. Panda team is complete. I can always use him as a skill transfer target.

razterik

30 runs of shit orb drops, bad boards and damn jammers and I still can't get past 11%. Fuck this ranking dungeon and it's stupid random trash.

30 runs of shit orb drops, bad boards and damn jammers and I still can't get past 11%. Fuck this ranking dungeon and it's stupid random trash.
Yeah I'm stuck at 12%. This one feels like its pretty much all RNG. I'll get the badpy though, so I probably won't try much more.

Decided to do another pull, got Orochi!!! Do I have to buy RaDra now? 2 Dkali, Orochi, Indra, A. Isis. Never ran color match, and mostly done row teams, but that's Arena 2 capable, right? Guess I need to "get good". I was kinda hoping to be able to run NepDra, since it's play style seems similar, but I don't have Hermes.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
When you feed Minari 5 of his invade skill up Fodder and get 0 skill ups... Lovely.

Ducarmel

Decided to do another pull, got Orochi!!! Do I have to buy RaDra now? 2 Dkali, Orochi, Indra, A. Isis. Never ran color match, and mostly done row teams, but that's Arena 2 capable, right? Guess I need to "get good". I was kinda hoping to be able to run NepDra, since it's play style seems similar, but I don't have Hermes.

With 10 time extensions on the arena 2 RaDra team, I'm pretty sure you will almost feel like Praprika moving the orbs.

Goldrush

This 1/2 stamina multiplayer has shown me how devastating a no-stamina PaD will be to my life. I've been continuously farming for 6+ hours the last few days. Got all three of my angels done. Currently, trying to get Zaerog Infinity done. Right now, a 60% completion rate isn't that big of a deal when I can still reliability reach a rank up.

Negator

What does the optimal Panda team look like?

A. Panda/Ult Panda/Zuoh/Akechi/DValk?

I have all the pieces, I'd just need to work on it.

yami4ct

What does the optimal Panda team look like?

A. Panda/Ult Panda/Zuoh/Akechi/DValk?

I have all the pieces, I'd just need to work on it.

Seems like that's what the JP crew have sort of settled on.

I personally like A. Loki in there over maybe D.Valk, because the boost is useful on occasion and I love stacking Haste, but that's me.

I'm also not sold on Ult Panda over A. Panda for a similar reason. I'm not sure if the added Rcv is worth the loss elsewhere, even if you lose RCV because of Zuoh.

Negator

Seems like that's what the JP crew have sort of settled on.

I personally like A. Loki in there over maybe D.Valk, because the boost is useful on occasion and I love stacking Haste, but that's me.

I'm also not sold on Ult Panda over A. Panda for a similar reason. I'm not sure if the added Rcv is worth the loss elsewhere, even if you lose RCV because of Zuoh.

I'm short a Loki, but was blessed (?) enough to have three pandas. I guess the plan would be to Ult one and awaken two.

I've seen people use Lilith instead of Loki for arena. Lots of stuff to think about.

yami4ct

I'm short a Loki, but was blessed (?) enough to have three pandas. I guess the plan would be to Ult one and awaken two.

I've seen people use Lilith instead of Loki for arena. Lots of stuff to think about.

Outside of Arena, A. Loki really isn't required. Even without him, you'll be bursting 2 million+ on each card with just a 9-orb match, 1 more dark row and a few extra combos. Make good use of your actives and that's not hard to achieve. Even in Arena, you probably don't need him. Like I said, I just really like bursting 4 million a card and I love haste. It also covers me screwing up somewhat.

razterik

Light Tron gets buffed yet again and still shit. All is right in GungHo land.

Arena 1 coming back. Make up yer friggin minds guys.

Everything coop except normal junk dungeons. Half stamina everywhere.

Zombine

Banned
Had my first Elia invade and drop last night. Wasn't even expecting it! What's even better was that it was during Aamir Mythical so I was still able to just walk my way through the dungeon easily after popping one of my Ronia.

Ducarmel

Anybody knows what time collab mp cards is removed from jp mp shop?

I think Chinese wiki is saying 10:59 pm put I don't know if that is jp time or if the website just knows my location and its 10:59 pm est.

So arena 1 is returning to technicals? Is that what the stream said? If it's back, why would anyone run Arena 2?

I think I might actually buy Ra Dragon next time he's around. I wanted a YomiDra or NepDra, but I have to go with the team I have the cards for. YomiDra is missing Okuni and NepDra is missing Hermes.

Kyuur

Excited that Gadius is getting the 6.5 buff, never understood why only Typhon got it.

Skuld buff is weird, I guess because she's higher rarity and no HP bonus? I wonder, has anyone experimented with Skuld/Ryune instead of I&I/Ryune?

cw_sasuke

As a Sumire player i can now team up with Skuld players so thats something. GZL looks like he could be a strong farming lead for me now - still waiting for that Uevo though. Uevo Aamir looks good, need to max skill him now.

Uevo Takeminakata is quite the powerful farmable lead ...unless im missing something.

So arena 1 is returning to technicals? Is that what the stream said? If it's back, why would anyone run Arena 2?

I think I might actually buy Ra Dragon next time he's around. I wanted a YomiDra or NepDra, but I have to go with the team I have the cards for. YomiDra is missing Okuni and NepDra is missing Hermes.
Who knows if it'll be exactly the same though. Could change like not having a guaranteed Py drop.

I've noticed a lot of my RaDra friends have changed their awakenings from all +HP to something else. Obviously it's for Arena 2 but the awakenings have no consistent pattern. Some of them are all Dark resists. Some are resists and SDR. Some are rainbow resists. I don't know what latent patterns or teams these are being used for.

cw_sasuke

Shiiiit...i played Wood&Dark Dragons the whole week and just now realized that the fodder i was selling off were Ball skillups...i feel so stupid -.- He would have been max skilled by now...aaargh.

Now i already have Drake/Apoc max skilled and dont know if i can justify running the dungeon for a minimal Ishida Mitsunari skill up invade chance and Ball skill ups...

Illucio

Banned
Excited that Gadius is getting the 6.5 buff, never understood why only Typhon got it.

Skuld buff is weird, I guess because she's higher rarity and no HP bonus? I wonder, has anyone experimented with Skuld/Ryune instead of I&I/Ryune?
With the HP she can replace Ryune if you want more of an attack bonus and slightly lower HP.

But in this build you should focus more on TPA then rows.

Everyone needs to remember being a 6 star brings more to the table then 5 star counterparts. But people love comparing like to like with the monsters variants.

hermit7

Saw on Padx that were getting descended 9 tomorrow.

Looks pretty easy considering all the rushes are the legend plus difficulty, and there aren't any of the rogues as the top tier for pii.

Badpy is highest like always it seems, but having the chance to get piis is helpful. I guess I will throw them on luci considering i haven't skilled him at all, and I don't really have any other good targets that are regularly used.

Kyuur

Not just half stamina but supposedly you can team up with players outside your group. So instead of just 1hr of group A farming, you can do Groups B, C, D, and E.

Yeah, it'll be cool around here for people who miss certain dungeons due to their timezone, if they can organize runs!

Can anyone from JP comment on how they've made multiplayer easier to run? I saw some vague note about it in patch notes. Can you see friend rooms or anything like that?

Ducarmel

Went all out trying to catch Lightning.

Of course I did not get her, I did get Cloud and some of the newer gold cards. Already had Yuna and Sephiroth when the collab debuted.

I can farm for 2 or 3 more pulls before the collab ends, not sure if I should.

FZZ

Banned
Rolled twice hoping for Lightning

I'll take this as consolation tho

pfsAeWT.jpg

yami4ct

Gave 2 courtesy rolls to the FF Collab REM. Got a Yuna. I have really zero idea where I'd use her, but can't ever be mad about a 6-star collab pull. Maybe L. Meta will get buffed to useful someday and Yuna will become a top tier sub.

So, Arena 1 is coming back? Good move if so. Arena 2 was too much too soon. It's not like power creep was such that it was trivialized by a lot of low end leaders. Very few non-MP dragon leaders could clear it stably and those that could needed perfect teams to do so. Heck, even MP Dragons could pretty much stably clear it only with ideal subs and significant +egg and latent awakenings. Arena 2 basically only hurt MP dragon purchasers, and screwing over your heavy whales is kinda a silly thing to do. They either should have power creeped MP dragons (Which would have been pretty silly to do so quickly) or kept Arena 1 around until that power creep can happen more naturally.

Rixa

With Awoken Shiva, I managed to clear Ranking Dungeon in first try. After that banging my head countless times with no clears. I decided I need to try something else.

First try with Yomi Dragon team and could get my time much better. Few tries later went to 30.2% (202 points to Bronze).
Last night I decide to use one stone for stamina refresh and get few tries more that I could get my self under that 30%.
Iam asking myself, why on the earth I tried so many times with A.S. o_O. Again one more dungeon that was better to run with YD than anything else I have. Countless runs with natural stamina thru week and only one stone used.

jiggle

Yeah I had similar problem with ashiva team
Both tries ended up on the lower end of 75%~100%
Switched to what I thought was a weaker team(verdandi with troop liu bei) and bumped up to the 30s with ease
Couldn't tell why

Hardly had any time at all to play this weekend. Got a few more ranking runs in but never improved my score. Looks like it finally settled at 1.8%, so I guess some players burned the midnight oil trying to crack that 1%. Oh well. No crown for me this time. At least it's over, and it won't distract me from the last few days of 1/2 stam multi. Still need to clear all the multi rogue dungeons and mythical pluses, so I'll probably be asking folks to team up the next few days when I actually have some time. Honestly haven't done any research into what multiplayer teams are ideal for any of these dungeons, so I may just brute force it with RaDra along with a teammate.

Bladelaw

I managed to hold in the 20%-30% bracket at 27.9%

Given that previous tournaments had me at ~90% I'm pretty happy here.

EDIT: I think I have a solid Thoria team when I need to tank and friend AALuci's aren't available.
A. Thor
Wukong
UUevo Raphael
Valk
A. Venus
Friend Saria

This sound about right? I can sub in Indra over A. Venus if I ever feel like I need a shield. Any other subs more effective I should be on the look out for?

jiggle

This sound about right? I can sub in Indra over A. Venus if I ever feel like I need a shield. Any other subs more effective I should be on the look out for?
Ilm is amazng for this team
Apollo is even better than valk
Also Baal, dqxq and apocalypse

Top Bottom