• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

I have Baal, Apollo, and Apoc. Would I sub in Apollo for Valk and Baal or Apoc for Venus?

Given Baal and Apoc which is better?

Thoria is very flexible, and honestly I change my line-up depending on what I'm running. I'd say Apollo is the best sub if you have him skilled. He can burst without using a board change. Valk is necessary because you're going to need a quick change heartbreaker. I just maxed skilled my Apoc, and he's probably the best if you need a 2nd board change. The one sub I've heard really mixed things about is Ralph, but there's got to be instances where he's needed.

I think with your subs I'd run Thor/Apollo/Valk/Apoc/Wu Kong/Saria. I'd flex in A. Ama when you need it. Honestly I run Ama almost always. Nice to have an emergency heal/haste, and never having to worry about binds. But definitely work on as many subs as you can and mix and match until you get a good feel for it. I mean, I even use Fuma for some farming, so there's a lot of stuff you can do.

bjork

Is global getting any collabs soon? Seems like I kind of fall off when there isn't some random Superman or Hello Kitty to fiddle with.

Bladelaw

Thoria is very flexible, and honestly I change my line-up depending on what I'm running. I'd say Apollo is the best sub if you have him skilled. He can burst without using a board change. Valk is necessary because you're going to need a quick change heartbreaker. I just maxed skilled my Apoc, and he's probably the best if you need a 2nd board change. The one sub I've heard really mixed things about is Ralph, but there's got to be instances where he's needed.

I think with your subs I'd run Thor/Apollo/Valk/Apoc/Wu Kong/Saria. I'd flex in A. Ama when you need it. Honestly I run Ama almost always. Nice to have an emergency heal/haste, and never having to worry about binds. But definitely work on as many subs as you can and mix and match until you get a good feel for it. I mean, I even use Fuma for some farming, so there's a lot of stuff you can do.

I have lots of decent light subs, leveling is easy, skilling...less so. I'm holding off on doing much with Apollo until his UUEvo hits NA. Raph is straight up utility. The ability to ignore some bullshit right out for two turns is huge even if it takes forever to be available. Also 5 rows man...also combine with Valk and Venus for a full sparkle board bomb.

I'm having terrible luck with Apoc skill ups (2 for 20).

Basically my goal is to farm Z8 skill ups as much as possible. With Raph I can do that reliably (slow but it's consistent). Venus feels unnecessary so I could swap A. Ama in there but everyone else has purpose there.

Rixa

Just noticed that Iam going to have nice team, when I have 32 more cost in alt account.
Replace WDS with A.Freyr
6-image.png

I have lots of decent light subs, leveling is easy, skilling...less so. I'm holding off on doing much with Apollo until his UUEvo hits NA. Raph is straight up utility. The ability to ignore some bullshit right out for two turns is huge even if it takes forever to be available. Also 5 rows man...also combine with Valk and Venus for a full sparkle board bomb.

I'm having terrible luck with Apoc skill ups (2 for 20).

Basically my goal is to farm Z8 skill ups as much as possible. With Raph I can do that reliably (slow but it's consistent). Venus feels unnecessary so I could swap A. Ama in there but everyone else has purpose there.

Awoken Apollo might not be the best Thoria sub, though I know a few people that are going that way because the active is better. Awoken Apollo doesn't have rows. Raph probably shouldn't be used in many instances, though it seems like you found a use for him. He shouldn't be a standard on the team or used for most harder content including Arena. The active is kinda bad for most things. Even if you heartbreak his first turn, you're not going to do much damage compared to what a usual Apollo active will get you with 2 rows. And you can take most hits and healing is never really a problem. It's a fun team and can tackle basically everything (don't know if it's cleared Arena 2 yet). Also it's important to not just try and throw as many rows as you can, since there's a point where you get diminishing returns. Pollux is a stud and clear upgrade from Valk if you have her. You'd have to use piis or wait for her skill ups to come though.

Really just play around with it. Use what you already have skilled, or skill what you can now and see how it goes. Dog dragon isn't terrible for Apoc skill-ups.

Bladelaw

Awoken Apollo might not be the best Thoria sub, though I know a few people that are going that way because the active is better. Awoken Apollo doesn't have rows. Raph probably shouldn't be used in many instances, though it seems like you found a use for him. He shouldn't be a standard on the team or used for most harder content including Arena. The active is kinda bad for most things. Even if you heartbreak his first turn, you're not going to do much damage compared to what a usual Apollo active will get you with 2 rows. And you can take most hits and healing is never really a problem. It's a fun team and can tackle basically everything (don't know if it's cleared Arena 2 yet). Also it's important to not just try and throw as many rows as you can, since there's a point where you get diminishing returns. Pollux is a stud and clear upgrade from Valk if you have her. You'd have to use piis or wait for her skill ups to come though.

Really just play around with it. Use what you already have skilled, or skill what you can now and see how it goes. Dog dragon isn't terrible for Apoc skill-ups.

Good call on Pollux, completely forgot about her. I have enough shynpys to max her (seriously, I'm loaded on shynpys and bubpys). Would it make more sense to max her or Thor? I find I'm only using Thor for a final spike (or baiting Z8's dispel) making the need for multiple uptimes not that great.

I'm loving the versatility of the team and how forgiving it is. It's brutal when you get orb trolled with no hearts though. Even with Saria and Wukong it's happened a couple times.

Good call on Pollux, completely forgot about her. I have enough shynpys to max her (seriously, I'm loaded on shynpys and bubpys). Would it make more sense to max her or Thor? I find I'm only using Thor for a final spike (or baiting Z8's dispel) making the need for multiple uptimes not that great.

I'm loving the versatility of the team and how forgiving it is. It's brutal when you get orb trolled with no hearts though. Even with Saria and Wukong it's happened a couple times.

Pollux is awesome. It's up to you whether you want to use Skynpys on her. Thor is usually used for the last floor or 2 for burst, but you will come to some dungeons where you're going to either need to use him as a panic haste, or a high defense you have want to make sure you clear. You can get by without it though, since usually you'll be able to stall it back up. I don't know when Pollux's skill-ups are coming or if they're going to be as painful as Akechi's. If you're going to use her now and like the team, use them. If I had a bunch of badpy's I would have used them on Akechi before his skill ups got here. It sucks having a good card that makes the team, but having to wait on skill ups.

Bladelaw

Constellation skill ups are boss drops, 50% chance since they come in pairs. So 100 stamina per chance, not bad at all.

It helps that I have all the relevant gods to skill up so it's guaranteed to be something useful. Assuming we get the dungeon soonish.

jay23

Didn't realize Baal is a good sub for thoria, I must have missed or forgotten about his new ult with 3 rows. His active is trash tho I don't think I've ever used a counter attack active for its intended purpose? I think his high attack and awakenings may be worth a spot on my team. But I feel like his active should be 5 turns or maybe 6 max.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Didn't realize Baal is a good sub for thoria, I must have missed or forgotten about his new ult with 3 rows. His active is trash tho I don't think I've ever used a counter attack active for its intended purpose? I think his high attack and awakenings may be worth a spot on my team. But I feel like his active should be 5 turns or maybe 6 max.

I was pissed because i missed skilling him up this last week and sold all his skill-up fodder...but its not THAT big of a deal for me since he changes water orbs so he is in direct competition with Sun Wukong - doubt i would replace Wukong with Baal.

hermit7

I was pissed because i missed skilling him up this last week and sold all his skill-up fodder...but its not THAT big of a deal for me since he changes water orbs so he is in direct competition with Sun Wukong - doubt i would replace Wukong with Baal.

Definitely more of a niche usage.

But he does have really good awakenings. With the release of uuevo wokung soon though they match more evenly.

Constellation skill ups are boss drops, 50% chance since they come in pairs. So 100 stamina per chance, not bad at all.

Awesome, thanks. I've got 3 of them to skill up, and I'd really like to be able to throw them on some teams. Might even try to lead with Alrescha. I've seen people clear a ton of stuff with Constellations as leads. Hopefully we get the skill-ups soon.

Taz

Looking for a best friend, main is Nethy and working on Pandora only rank 168

Any help would be appreciated

donjezzy

Looking for a best friend, main is Nethy and working on Pandora only rank 168

Any help would be appreciated

I'm your man. I always keep my hypermax Nephthys in Slot 1 and I currently have my Awoken Pandora in my BF slot. Feel free to add me at 368355349 if you want.

But he does have really good awakenings. With the release of uuevo wokung soon though they match more evenly.
It's absurd that the Greeks are getting Awokens while the Archdemon's are stuck with those trash actives. If they were all like Astaroth they could be so useful.

jay23

Feels good clearing most of the descended challenges on the first day without fucking up.

It's absurd that the Greeks are getting Awokens while the Archdemon's are stuck with those trash actives. If they were all like Astaroth they could be so useful.

Hopefully they get Astaroths active skill whenever their awoken versions come along.

Just noticed I made the same mistake thankfully I didn't run it that often with everything else going on.

bjork

I was looking up info on another game and came across info about a Crows X Worst collab in Japan that happened awhile back. There's zero chance of that coming out here, but I would go big on that one, heh. Love that series.

Kyuur

Beat Surtr Mythical for Flampy. Can't wait for Gadius ult, unbindable leader would've meant I could bring in Uriel to more easily take down the boss. I didn't use Horus active at all, going to take some adjustment. He'll be replacing RRH once Gadius ult is out for 100% SBR.

Bladelaw

I was an idiot on Surtr and forgot to bring a bind clearer and got wrecked. A followup trip with A. Ama covering Light fixed that right up.

cw_sasuke

I agree - thats my current Thorai squad. I can see why these type of teams have been so popular - having 40k hp and being able to stall for a long ass time is really cool. I probably would be more used to it if i had played the game when Ronia was dominating.

I use replace Sakuya with Apoc if i need a binder. This team so far is good...but i sometimes miss a 5-tun orb changer. Cant justify switching Apollo for regular Valk though. Awoken Apollo seems worse than his Uevo for this team as well.
Beat Surtr Mythical for Flampy. Can't wait for Gadius ult, unbindable leader would've meant I could bring in Uriel to more easily take down the boss. I didn't use Horus active at all, going to take some adjustment. He'll be replacing RRH once Gadius ult is out for 100% SBR.
Congrats !!

And because of your post i tried out Gadius for the first time, man he is a really powerful leader. Damage potential is nuts with only a single row as long as you can activate him :eek:
Cant wait for his Uevo know.

What does the perfect Gadius team look like ? Hitting 100% sbr with him might be not that easy though.

Gadius/CaoCao/Yamato/Urd/Rodin/Gadius

was my first choice - but to hit 100% i would need to switch out Rodin for Awoken Freyr

Im also looking into Freyr x Raoh teams - now that im getting used to Thor x Saria. I only have one Raoh friend though.

Freyr/CaoCao/Yamato/Leilan/Rodin/Raoh would be the goal. Lets see how it works out - since starting PaD i never had a real solid Fire team but i could see myself getting invested in one of those squads.

jay23

Nice I'm missing Apoc but I think that's pretty much the perfect sub's for thoria. For a Gadious team it's yamatox2 and urielx2.

You don't have awoken Shiva? I still enjoy using her and can still clear a lot of end game content.

cw_sasuke

I have Shiva but playwise the team was a bit too similar to my Bastet team so I didn't bother with it.. Especially since the RCV was lackluster without +egg.

BTW. Just to be sure.. Shiva is a dude, right? lol

hermit7

Decided to burn 4 of my flampy on gadius.

I had maybe 8 of them and no good cards to use them on. I figured I may use him with his upcoming uevo (Even as a sub) with his bind clearing.

Really though there aren't any top tier fire leads right now. I have a good shiva team but it takes so much to get good use out of him (and his hp is limiting as well).

I hope they are willing to buff some awokens so they can get some better use. A 1.5 x hp alone would make him much more durable and useable for more content.

ZeroAKA

I had maybe 8 of them and no good cards to use them on. I figured I may use him with his upcoming uevo (Even as a sub) with his bind clearing.

Really though there aren't any top tier fire leads right now. I have a good shiva team but it takes so much to get good use out of him (and his hp is limiting as well).

I hope they are willing to buff some awokens so they can get some better use. A 1.5 x hp alone would make him much more durable and useable for more content.
I actually feel like my non-ideal AShiva team with no + investment does more damage than most of my other teams.

My fire box is underwhelming. I can make a team that's end game capable in every other color, just nothing better than Urd or Gadius in fire. I thought about using my flampys on awoken Hino to clear box space, but I just don't use fire ever.

hermit7

My fire box is underwhelming. I can make a team that's end game capable in every other color, just nothing better than Urd or Gadius in fire. I thought about using my flampys on awoken Hino to clear box space, but I just don't use fire ever.

That's the thing is that even with a decent fire box it is still an underwhelming color.
My shiva is max skilled and has around 700 plus eggs and it needs full combos and a couple tpa to do decent damage.

I mean this is all partially perspective because when he came out he was really good. He was my first card that really gave me end game team potential. I would say though that outside of shivadra (maybe roah too) he is the best red leader and had kind of fallen off.

HGH

Banned
Almost beat Takeminakata for the first time, just needed to pay more attention to the health bar or go all in with my attacks. Pretty reasonable challenge comparatively.
It's okay L.meta, one day Gungho will show you some love. I'm sure of it.

I think this will be the first descended challenge I'll be able to fully finish.

The more you people shit on L.Meta the more I feel like an idiot for maxing and getting her to level 70 when starting off.

yami4ct

Almost beat Takeminakata for the first time, just needed to pay more attention to the health bar or go all in with my attacks. Pretty reasonable challenge comparatively.

The more you people shit on L.Meta the more I feel like an idiot for maxing and getting her to level 70 when starting off.

L. Meta was once a great leader. Then, she was a very good farming lead. Then she was a great utility sub. Now she's....ugh.

Her fall has been sad. She was one of my first GFEs and I've pulled like 4 of her on my main account over the course of things. She deserves better.

I built a whole hyper maxed team around her, how do you think I've felt for the last year and a half?

Main reason I'm still using the team is because of A.Amaterasu and A.Venus. UUVO Raph was just a big ass bonus
of hp

HGH

Banned
Looking at that picture you don't seem to be doing so bad!
But yeah haha I'm probably complaining when others are having it much worse.

I really want to move away from the core three members of my L.meta team, mix and match more units for some more flexibility and whatnot. But alas, they're so damn good that I can't move away from them or maybe it's more that there just aren't anything else to replace them. I guess Wu Kong's UUVO makes it possible but he's just a different flavor Da Qiao. Tough times ahead, that's for sure.

Spoit

Huh, I think I actually have all of those guys. Maybe I should try to make a lmeta team....Though, a.ama instead might be easier

cw_sasuke

Ouch Gaia... From one of the toughest dungeons in the game to a complete joke lol.

BTW. PreDra Infestation will be back for tomorrow.

Bladelaw

Gaia felt the full fury of AAluci. I only wish invades were active. It's a nice break from banging my head against the descend challenges.

ZeroAKA

Is AAma mostly used for farming? I'm running AAma/Valk/DQXQ/AVenus/LKali/AAma, but the damage seems lacking for a 16x team even with LKali's TPAs.

Is AAma mostly used for farming? I'm running AAma/Valk/DQXQ/AVenus/LKali/AAma, but the damage seems lacking for a 16x team even with LKali's TPAs.

I think mostly as a sub, or cheesing dungeons where her auto heal is more than any hit the dungeon has. I've only used her a few times as a lead, and the damage just wasn't up to my usual standard.

I rarely take a friend L.meta nowadays, it's either L.Meta/A.Amaterasu or a A.Venus/A.Ama depending on the dungeon I'm going in. I've beaten most dungeons with one of these lead combos, just not challenge 10's and maybe most 9's as well.

Not the fastest but it easily gives you a few turns to stall or work down a floor slowly.

Goldrush

Thanks to all the coop perks coming up, I'm thinking about starting an account just to serve as a buddy when solo ends. Not really planning to play it because I just know that I will pull all the gods that I'm fishing for in my main account. Never tried coop before, but will a useless buddy make thing harder than solo mode?

Thanks to all the coop perks coming up, I'm thinking about starting an account just to serve as a buddy when solo ends. Not really planning to play it because I just know that I will pull all the gods that I'm fishing for in my main account. Never tried coop before, but will a useless buddy make thing harder than solo mode?

Ehh, for the harder dungeons, you'd want to build at least a compatible team. Having an alt account is a pretty useful thing, though most of the time I only log on to it and don't play. You can re-roll it until it has a lead that's helpful for your main, then it wouldn't be that hard to fill out a team. I'd say a half-decent alt team is easier than going solo.

cdViking

This game is maddening. The second I start getting disillusioned by the grind, I start clearing Hera reliably and passing Master/Legend descended.

My red team is getting there, with Norn Urd/Divine Cao Cao x2/Siegfried/Wiz Merlin/Norn Urd.

Working on this team will take me far with focus, any descended dungeons or GF pulls I should particularly be on the look out for to improve it?

Other possible subs: Denebola (pulled at GF, Godkiller is an amazing awakening), Gigas (finally farmed him), Hera Ur, UEvoedblue + red ripper dragons.

Bladelaw

This game is maddening. The second I start getting disillusioned by the grind, I start clearing Hera reliably and passing Master/Legend descended.

My red team is getting there, with Norn Urd/Divine Cao Cao x2/Siegfried/Wiz Merlin/Norn Urd.

Working on this team will take me far with focus, any descended dungeons or GF pulls I should particularly be on the look out for to improve it?

Other possible subs: Denebola (pulled at GF, Godkiller is an amazing awakening), Gigas (finally farmed him), Hera Ur, UEvoedblue + red ripper dragons.

I basically started with Urd. My key subs are, and continue to be, Cao Cao, Hino Kagutsuchi, Yamato. There's plenty of others to consider but keep in mind Urd has a pretty hard damage cap. Antares, Chiome, Red Valk, and Tsubaki are also solid choices.

jiggle

For rem
Shiva, Set, Yamato and Ronia
Phoenix knight for farmable

Shiva lead will take your team to the next level and goes amazingly well with the urd and cows you already have

Ronia and Set are great for final burst

Phoenix knight is better than gigas once it gets its new evo

Top Bottom