• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Bladelaw

Finally cleared the Hel challenge with my Bastet team. I used A. Bastet, Verdandi, Liu Bei, Vishnu, Perseus, and Friend A. Bastet

F1: popped Vishnu and Bastet for the sweep
F2: Botched the first turn, second turn skyfall saved me.
F3: Stalled until "1" to recover from F2 then cherry tapped for the clear
F4: Popped Bastet for the bonus damage then swept
F5: Popped Vishnu and swept
F6: Liu Bei turn 1 got her to ~40% she Naglfar'd then I popped Verd and the skyfalls from Vishnu were glorious. 12 combo 6 million damage per card (except Perseus). Blasted right through her 50% shield.

Took maybe 8 tries but man that was satisfying. Now...if only I had something worth dropping all these bubpys on. Is A. Lakshmi worth it? What about Blodin?

Lyrian

Grats to everyone on their achievements!

Heads up folks, on the NA server.

PADX is reporting for the next event starting Friday: 3x Normals + 5x Techs + 3x skill ups.

Also, Hephaestus is the new descend appearing for the weekend.

So anyone down for a multi Machine Hera run? Not sure if it would be better with ShivaDra or RaDra, but I'm down for either and willing to stone if we're not doing too horribly.

jay23

Getting ready for 3x skill up

rVLiv1t.jpg

My clear rate with Thoria has gotten really good hope to have at least 7 more by Friday.

razterik

So anyone down for a multi Machine Hera run? Not sure if it would be better with ShivaDra or RaDra, but I'm down for either and willing to stone if we're not doing too horribly.

I can do ShivDra or maybe YomiDra if you want to stall out the dark absorb. Don't think I've seen a ShivDra clear but it's probably okay for a brute force run. Not really prepared for it, but I'm willing to try.

Do you want to jump on Discord so we can do strategy during the run?
Never used Discord. But I guess I could install it. Give me a minute.

edit: Wait, does multi allow you to leave the game to chat?

edit: Nevermind. Let's just play without it. Not trying to mess with it right now. lol

LOOOLLLL. Well that didn't go well at all! I should've researched the dungeon. First stone was due to finger slip. And I was caught by surprise by Hera's resurrection. And I thought we would've been able to tank more stuff. I was expecting us to have way more HP. Was expecting twice the usual HP, but I guess it doesn't just double each team's HP. Solo team is over 26K HP, so was expecting well over 50K HP. We only had 42K! So many OHKOs.

I was having flashbacks to the first time we got the Zeus dungeon. Lol

razterik

What was our total stone damage? I lost count at the end. :(

We had an extra turn to stall on Asgard, but I could have made a bit better combo as well. Hadar death was my fault for eating that poison and expecting to heal just over his hit range.

Also in hindsight, I really flubbed it on the boss by blowing Urd/Sanada while we had no awoken skills. Should have taken the two deaths and then blasted her instead of sticking us in that death loop. Apologies.

Thanks for the Mecha Hera! Hope I can repay that debt a little in the future.

For a blind run, it wasn't too awful! I was trying to check enemy info the whole time. Also expected more HP, but I am used to running HP multipliers like Raoh/Pandora/Lucifer in coop lately. But yeah, reminds me of 8 stone Zeus and 10 stone Zeus Dios ages ago.

What was our total stone damage? I lost count at the end. :(

We had an extra turn to stall on Asgard, but I could have made a bit better combo as well. Hadar death was my fault for eating that poison and expecting to heal just over his hit range.

Also in hindsight, I really flubbed it on the boss by blowing Urd/Sanada while we had no awoken skills. Should have taken the two deaths and then blasted her instead of sticking us in that death loop. Apologies.

Thanks for the Mecha Hera! Hope I can repay that debt a little in the future.
Seemed way worse than it actually was for me. Actually 11 stones. Don't know if it felt more or less than that to you. I take majority blame. Yeah, there were several avoidable mistakes, but I pretty much just wanted to tackle the dungeon before the event ended. Didn't do any research, including not even knowing we'd have way less HP than I was expecting. Once we entered the dungeon, I should've realized we'd be getting OHKO'd left and right. Well, I won't be jumping in blind to that dungeon again. Lol.

That was actually my first multiplayer session. Pretty fun actually. I didn't get to clear any of the mythical plus dungeons unfortunately. Just never got around to it.

razterik

Nobody runs it more than once. Piis all the way.

11 is better than I thought. When we were sitting at the boss with actives up and only 5-6 stones, I felt pretty good about it, haha.

Is there anything else you haven't cleared? Haven't finished Volsung/Nordis rogues or Dragon/Yamato Rush+ yet myself.

Edit: Oh, you answered already, heh. Well, there's no rush once all these go half stamina in the future. The stones will still be sitting there, you'll just have to do it in coop.

I will say running Discord or another chat on a second screen is very helpful when you get stuck on a floor, forget your partner's cooldown timers, or if someone knows the dungeon better than the other. Been saved a few times by chatting out strategy. It is time consuming setting everything up right, but I found it made coop a bit more enjoyable.

Nobody runs it more than once. Piis all the way.

11 is better than I thought. When we were sitting at the boss with actives up and only 5-6 stones, I felt pretty good about it, haha.

Is there anything else you haven't cleared? Haven't finished Volsung/Nordis rogues or Dragon/Yamato Rush+ yet myself.
Well, if SDRs are going to be farmable in Machine Hera, then I may as well skill her up that way, too. Assuming I figure out a consistent team of course. But I don't even know if she's worth skilling-up. Haven't really seen any teams that use her.

I haven't cleared any of the mythical plus difficulty dungeons. I cleared everything else solo. Will have to wait til another day. Isn't PAD supposed to go into maintenance tonight? I don't see it listed on PADX.

razterik

Maintenance is in 1hr 15min.

Skill delay resists just got announced for PAD Radar as a gift item when collecting orbs, so I'm not sure farming MechaHera is best for that now. In a few months we will probably look back and laugh at how we thought this dungeon was hard anyway.

Seemed way worse than it actually was for me. Actually 11 stones. Don't know if it felt more or less than that to you. I take majority blame. Yeah, there were several avoidable mistakes, but I pretty much just wanted to tackle the dungeon before the event ended. Didn't do any research, including not even knowing we'd have way less HP than I was expecting. Once we entered the dungeon, I should've realized we'd be getting OHKO'd left and right. Well, I won't be jumping in blind to that dungeon again. Lol.

That was actually my first multiplayer session. Pretty fun actually. I didn't get to clear any of the mythical plus dungeons unfortunately. Just never got around to it.

11 stones doesn't seem that bad to me. I'm buying RaDra when he comes around next and hoping to do it in roughly that many stones when my team is ready and I get decent at using him. Really strong monster to have.

Bladelaw

Why is the Thursday dungeon so stingy on giving me anything but the blue trifruits? It's the only one I can't do anything with. EDIT: which Pii dungeon do people run? Legend for 2 latents or Master for quick clears?

HGH

Banned
I'd like to finally do Starlight Sanctuary but try as I might that stupid dragon on 6/7 of the first stage keep beating me. Since I'm still relying on combo multipliers, either I bring those and get one-shotted, and different durable/monoelement teams have a hard time denting its health. Can anyone help?

Bladelaw

I'd like to finally do Starlight Sanctuary but try as I might that stupid dragon on 6/7 of the first stage keep beating me. Since I'm still relying on combo multipliers, either I bring those and get one-shotted, and different durable/monoelement teams have a hard time denting its health. Can anyone help?

I often have this problem. I think the solution is a delay. You can farm up Echidna (naga) for the skill Menace which is a 3 turn delay. This usually buys me enough time to burst it down in case I flub while saving my bomb for Zeus. That said you could put a team together and combo well to burst it down. From you box I would use:
Tsubaki (need to awaken her)
Red Valkyrie
Fire Sprite, Parrot
Phoenix
Phoenix Knight

Evolve as much as you can and build up awakenings since you need enhanced fire orbs to maximize Tsubaki's potential. This team will give you a chance at bursting almost every turn provided you can stall a little to get skills up. Phoenix will give you the enhances you need to activate Tsubaki, Parrot can be used to heal while stalling or combo with r valk for a burst, phoenix knight turns a useless color into more damage. Dual Tsubaki leads with full activation grants ~39x damage which should be enough to burst zeus down if every one is leveled.

I would swap Parrot or Phoenix for Echidna if you chose to farm her up though.

razterik

EDIT: which Pii dungeon do people run? Legend for 2 latents or Master for quick clears?

You mean PreDra Infestation? Legend is better if your focus is speed or amount of latents per hour. Otherwise, Master has much better MP gain over time and delivers the same number of latents at a slightly slower pace. Master is also easier to button push through since a single latent floor means you only need a friend with two skill delay resists on a haste or armor piercing skill like A.Ra.

Bladelaw

You mean PreDra Infestation? Legend is better if your focus is speed or amount of latents per hour. Otherwise, Master has much better MP gain over time and delivers the same number of latents at a slightly slower pace. Master is also easier to button push through since a single latent floor means you only need a friend with two skill delay resists on a haste or armor piercing skill like A.Ra.

Thanks. I'm thinking of grabbing a couple SDR's but I was trying to hold out until they became 25000mp (assuming we followed JP). I may just say screw it and bite the bullet since I'll make the 10k mp back eventually.

So I accidentally opened a bunch of latent tama Challenge rewards looking for one with a Jewel in it. Is there a guide or general rule of thumb for them?

So I accidentally opened a bunch of latent tama Challenge rewards looking for one with a Jewel in it. Is there a guide or general rule of thumb for them?
I keep a .txt file on my comp to manually track the rewards I earn from Challenge dungeons. Otherwise, there's no way for me to know which of my 200+ unopened mail is what.

SDR for monsters that let you bypass gimmick floors, where these attacks tend to happen
- use them last on a monster so if you ever want to overwrite the fluff latents later, you still keep the SDR

Since the stat boosting latents are percentage based, you want to use them on monsters that already are naturally S-class in those stats

Either stack a monster with full dark resist latents, or rainbow resist latents (to protect against 100% gravity)

Bladelaw

Am I the only lunatic running a green row perseus team? If not and you want a friend I keep perseus in my "recently used" leader slot (A. Shiva and A. Bastet fill the other two). I regularly rotate in AA Luci and A. Thor as well.

ID: 359,468,351

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
#fuckilsix

Congrats - this stage was a friggin nightmare lol.
Am I the only lunatic running a green row perseus team? If not and you want a friend I keep perseus in my "recently used" leader slot (A. Shiva and A. Bastet fill the other two). I regularly rotate in AA Luci and A. Thor as well.

ID: 359,468,351

I was interested in a Perseus team but the low HP and orb hunger compared to A.Astaroth were a turn off tbh. Now im waiting for A.Artemis so i can kickstart my Astaroth squad.

I can put up Perseus for a while if you wanna try out the squad - but he isnt one of my main leads.

Took me a while to realize I could use a fire team to deal with the (water monster) damage control gimmicks on the last two floors. One big mistake that almost cost me was not using Vegitto to delay Starling after she turned green - the ultimate attack nearly ended the run.

Bladelaw

I was interested in a Perseus team but the low HP and orb hunger compared to A.Astaroth were a turn off tbh. Now im waiting for A.Artemis so i can kickstart my Astaroth squad.

I can put up Perseus for a while if you wanna try out the squad - but he isnt one of my main leads.

My solution to the orb hunger is Vishnu and 2 Australis (Australi?). Always have extra skyfall up. I could put a third Aus in but I think I'm deep in diminishing returns at that point. Spica on the other hand...

Well once I get them skilled up I'm considering
Perseus
Aus
Aus
Spica
Verd/Avalon Drake
Perseus

hermit7

I have my Astaroth team up and running but don't have the Devils or healers. The only ones I have are Michael, Parv, and Freyja. Artemis will be good for her orb change and sky fall chance.

It is more of a fun team over descend capable to be honest though. But with a. Artemis and Parv I think it will have some stability for stalling. I am excited to really try it out.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Took me a while to realize I could use a fire team to deal with the (water monster) damage control gimmicks on the last two floors. One big mistake that almost cost me was not using Vegitto to delay Starling after she turned green - the ultimate attack nearly ended the run.
Yeah i was surprised seeing a Shiva team but then i looked up the shitty damage control stages and it makes sense to limit your damage that way. I went the complete opposite way with Bastet...def. one of the toughest stages i have cleared so far in PaD.

Also if you somehow resist the jammer orbs on the Boss stage you are screwed...i had Liu Bei in my squad and lost it when he hits twice for 22k just because of jammer resist.
My solution to the orb hunger is Vishnu and 2 Australis (Australi?). Always have extra skyfall up. I could put a third Aus in but I think I'm deep in diminishing returns at that point. Spica on the other hand...

Well once I get them skilled up I'm considering
Perseus
Aus
Aus
Spica
Verd/Avalon Drake
Perseus
Wait...you have 3 Australis ? Damn son you arent playing around xD
But i get your point - if i had even Australis i would be more interested to try it out. Did you already have time to skill up the key subs ? This looks like the perfect Perseus team - further boosted by OEs from Spica and Verdandi.
I have my Astaroth team up and running but don't have the Devils or healers. The only ones I have are Michael, Parv, and Freyja. Artemis will be good for her orb change and sky fall chance.

It is more of a fun team over descend capable to be honest though. But with a. Artemis and Parv I think it will have some stability for stalling. I am excited to really try it out.

I was in the same spot but in the last months i was able to pull GValk and a 2nd Michael - now i feel like i have to work on that team. Only waiting for Awoken Artemis to replace

From my brief playtime i can say that team is quite strong, high hp and rcv - but the lack of fingers can be an issue. Def. more difficult to combo compared to Thor/Saria. I dont have Freyja friend leads right now - but i would like to try out Astaroth/Freyya as well.

Bladelaw

Well I managed 5 dark latents from the predra dungeon. I'm trying to decide if I should save the colored predras for a rotation.

Edit: FYI I put up my a. Ra with 2 SDR.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Can you remove latent awakenings? If so, how?

I put a time extend on my A. Horus but after reading up on reddit it seems like most people suggest that damage reduction is the way to go to survive 100% gravities in the endgame. Does that sound like the way to go to y'all?

I put a time extend on my A. Horus but after reading up on reddit it seems like most people suggest that damage reduction is the way to go to survive 100% gravities in the endgame. Does that sound like the way to go to y'all?
You just keep feeding them more latents; after five it'll push the earliest fed latent out into the blind eternities.

You can put the rainbow resist suite on any monster so if you don't want to mix latent pools on Horus just pick a sub that you don't foresee putting any other type of latent on. Unavoidable 100% gravities are pretty rare honestly so don't feel too pressured to latent something up.

If you add new latents, the oldest one drops off. I'm not 100% up on latents, it seems like most people set them up for Arena, but on something like Horus I guess rainbow would be good. If he had one outstanding stat, like HP or ATK, you could consider going that way. I don't know Horus though since I don't have him.

theDonutking

Neo Member
3x skill up?!?! Maybe the 50th angelit feed to my Lkali will be the magical one!!

Grats to everyone on their achievements!

Heads up folks, on the NA server.

PADX is reporting for the next event starting Friday: 3x Normals + 5x Techs + 3x skill ups.

Also, Hephaestus is the new descend appearing for the weekend.

I heard somewhere that there is a 'proper' order latents should be feed. Anyone know what that order would be?

you want the more important ones last, in case you need to change them. Skill delays are the last ones you want to put on. If you're going all dark or rainbow, it won't really matter.

I heard somewhere that there is a 'proper' order latents should be feed. Anyone know what that order would be?
Order doesn't matter. Only thing to consider is that if you're going to feed latents that you may want to change in the future, then you should feed those first, because when you go over 5 latents on a monster, it pushes the earliest latent off first.

I completely missed my PreDra time. Busy with work. Though I don't really need anymore at the moment since I'm sitting at a dozen or more of each resist already. Looks like some JP Arena teams are completely getting around the need for some latents with transferred skills like Genie and Fencer.

Ok I know I have a usable water box but I sure as hell don't know what to do with it. Any suggestions?
Here's my water box

-Andro/Andro/Mori/Valk/Hatsume*/Andro
13+ rows
Way over 100% SBR

Row 'em. Hatsume can be anyone else like Blue Odin, Sharon, Amon or Famiel, depending on what you want.

Amon and Mori can combo for a full board of water.

Can sub in Snow White for bind clears, if it gets that bad. Maybe sub in someone off-color with an active bind clear.

Sarasvati:

You'll need at least three more orb enhance from the rest of your team: Sumire, Acubens, Volsung, Famiel and Lakshmi can help with that.

Take some orb changers to make up for bad skyfalls, preferably with prongs, since you won't be rowing.

Lastly, Sarasvati has no SBR, so you'll need to make it up on the subs. Andro has two, so she helps make up some lost ground. Be sure to swap the team around for 100% SBR on dungeons that require it.

-Sara/Sumire/Famiel(Volsung)/Andro/.../Sara

Last place is whatever you want but it needs to have at least two SBR(one if you take Volsung). Last slot also needs to have one OE(or none if Volsung is taken)

-Sara/Sumire/Andro/Andro/whatever/Sara

You'll be 100% SBR but you need the last slot to fill in with at least 2 OE.

-Sara/Sumire/Andro/Acubens/Volsung(Mori)

100% SBR, 7-9 OEs and some other stuff.

Lakshmi:

Row-shmi

-Lak/Andro/Andro/Amon/ALMOST ANYTHING JUST NOT BLUE VALK

Sumire can be put in there, since Lakshmi wants both water orbs and heart. Blue Odin for rows and some enhance action.

Prong-shmi:

-Lak/Andro/Sumire/Odin(?)/Hatsume(?)

Man, you don't really have many water prongs to fit on this team. Major lack of SBR.

-Lak/Andro/Sumire/Sumire/Sumire

I don't even know man. Only 3 prongs in total on this team. At least you're skill bind immune.

Top Bottom