• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PvZ Garden Warfare PS4/PS3 |OT| Over-Delivering On Value

Yeah, don't expect them every time though. At the end of each round I just buy the most 1K packs I can in the amount of time in the break. I probably have about 6 or 7 stocked up right now and the trophy for 10 popped up earlier today so I have gotten a fair amount of challenge skips. Probably going to use them to help a character along to level 10

I got the challenge skip stars in the Plants 20k pack. It was 3 of them. I have bought like 12 of the 1k packs and I haven't gotten any. The best I am getting is revives.

vypek

I got the challenge skip stars in the Plants 20k pack. It was 3 of them. I have bought like 12 of the 1k packs and I haven't gotten any. The best I am getting is revives.

Really? I have only gotten a multiple of the skip starts once. So I guess so far for you, the 20K is "best" as it is actually giving you skip stars

Am I the only one who can still barely join a game? Every other online game works fine, the game works fine once I'm in a match and my connection isn't the best but not abysmal (10 mpbs) yet I keep getting a "lost connection to game session" message the first 15 times I try to join a game in any mode. Really infuriating and I feel like I wasted $40 :(

vypek

Am I the only one who can still barely join a game? Every other online game works fine, the game works fine once I'm in a match and my connection isn't the best but not abysmal (10 mpbs) yet I keep getting a "lost connection to game session" message the first 15 times I try to join a game in any mode. Really infuriating and I feel like I wasted $40 :(

The most trouble I've had is the game putting 2 extra players on one team a few times and exactly one time when the room was nearly empty. I haven't got a lost connection yet. Is your connection stable or does the connection normally drop out from time to time?

The most trouble I've had is the game putting 2 extra players on one team a few times and exactly one time when the room was nearly empty. I haven't got a lost connection yet. Is your connection stable or does the connection normally drop out from time to time?

Connection is perfectly stable and once I'm in a game everything is smooth and lag free and I can play multiple matches without any issues. It's just when I'm trying to initially join the game I keep getting the "Lost Connection to Game Session" message following a loading screen for the first 15-20 tries :( I have no idea what causes this.

Really? I have only gotten a multiple of the skip starts once. So I guess so far for you, the 20K is "best" as it is actually giving you skip stars

Well I only bought one 20k pack, so I don't know how common they are in it. I am sure if I spend 20k on 1k packs I will probably get at least one. The 20k packs probably just give them out in threes,

-MD-

20k packs will sometimes give you 5x, 7x or 10x skips. Like I said, don't bother with the 1k & 5k packs unless you're in need of consumables.

This game oozes enough charm that even my non-gaming friends want to play it thanks to the videos and pics I upload to FB. Hopefully, they do. It has been a long time since I had fun with a shooter.

No one's streaming or got more screen grabs? This must have sold 2 copies on PS4.

No freaking way. I went to a store to buy it and everyone was grabbing a copy of this.

taco543

I'm playing the game loved it on my xbone, double dipped to play with friends on ps4 and so far I'm plagued with rubber banding issues and my games crashed twice already.

This game oozes enough charm that even my non-gaming friends want to play it thanks to the videos and pics I upload to FB. Hopefully, they do. It has been a long time since I had fun with a shooter.

Same here. I prefer shooters that are more cartoony or unique, and this one fit into my wants really well. I am looking forward to Splatoon even more.

10x challenge skips seems like a ton, but I am sure the higher level challenges are really annoying.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Played a lot of fun games tonight, only a couple were bad as far as lag is concerned.
Garden Ops constantly disconnects though, hard to get into a game for me.

Connection is perfectly stable and once I'm in a game everything is smooth and lag free and I can play multiple matches without any issues. It's just when I'm trying to initially join the game I keep getting the "Lost Connection to Game Session" message following a loading screen for the first 15-20 tries :( I have no idea what causes this.

I get that too. My connection is fast and reliable so I know it can't be that.

For whatever reason, I can join Garden Ops games set to Normal just fine, but ones set to Hard that I didn't start myself it takes me like 10 tries to get into one and not get "Lost Connection to Game Session."

Never have this issue with any of the Multiplayer modes.

Vestax

Banned

I put another 4 hours today as well, and I had zero connection issues.

I really hope they put a cap for G&G on the extra players the opposing team can have (2 extra players should be the max). It can be frustrating when your outnumbered as plants or zombies. Hell, today I was in a G&G match where I was on the zombie team with 6 of us, and there was only 1 plant player. Kinda sucks for him/her.

JohnJJ

Neo Member
Quick question; can I play co-op online game modes (e.g. team vanquish) with my gf if she is using an iPad in Boss Mode and I am using a controller?

Can we get in to the same game etc?

In fact can Boss Mode via a tablet be used co-op at all?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
The only reason i got it on PSN was to pre-load and have it ready to play. It will be quicker for me to go to GAME to pick it up than it will to dpwnload. Plus it would of been cheaper!

wow, surprised that GAME is cheaper than online. £5 less for PvZ - £15 less for Diablo III!

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Somehow this game managed to slip me by entirely – didn't realize it was an FPS, and just assumed it was some sort of expansion on the original game.

On a scale from dandelion to return of the living dead, how would this rate?

My copy turned up in the post a day early! (UK here.)

This game is a lot of fun. Played a few Garden Ops and one match of Gardens vs Graveyards. Don't know how I managed to get #1 in the latter.

Varg

Banned
Somehow this game managed to slip me by entirely – didn't realize it was an FPS, and just assumed it was some sort of expansion on the original game.

On a scale from dandelion to return of the living dead, how would this rate?

it's not a fps and the game is well worth 40 bucks.

So let me get this straight you don't choose your weapon or powers but they upgrade as you level up? I tried the scientist and he was useless. If I keep leveling him up will his weapon be a little less useless?

So let me get this straight you don't choose your weapon or powers but they upgrade as you level up? I tried the scientist and he was useless. If I keep leveling him up will his weapon be a little less useless?

Yes, until lvl3 when he learns all his abilities. Then you can have a choice for which abilities to equip. After lvl3, it's pretty much leveling up for that certain classes packs. Which are usually small things like taunts, or appearance items.

You can make each class better, by buying the packs in the sticker shop. There are some cards that you can get, that makes certain classes reload faster, have more ammo, or get a new ability. I know I've been spamming the Vengeful Zomboss Packs to try and get the Scientist's heal ball ability for example.

krpiper

Tried Garden Ops for the first time, 3 peapods and a sunflower. All of us died on the last wave with just two basic traffic cone zombies left :(

Damn, no one plays the objective in this game. I was playing as plants on Gardens vs Graveyards, got killed by an All-Star and then watched him and two other zombies just walk past the garden.

Also played Gnome Bomb and no-one on my team but me picked up the bomb.

vypek

Damn, no one plays the objective in this game. I was playing as plants on Gardens vs Graveyards, got killed by an All-Star and then watched him and two other zombies just walk past the garden.

The curse of any type of shooter game. lol. Fortunately I haven't had too many of these matches at all. Mostly people playing the objective. My gripe is that so many people play with just the soldier. I know he is useful but other zombies are too. lol, wish I had a mic just so I could jell "We don't need 8 of you to be soldiers!"

Dragoshi1

In Welcome Mat and Vanquished, NOBODY seems to like to revive.

What sucks is dying after a vanquish streak x5, and a Sunflower walking RIGHT PAST YOU and not coming back to revive.

VanWinkle

In Welcome Mat and Vanquished, NOBODY seems to like to revive.

What sucks is dying after a vanquish streak x5, and a Sunflower walking RIGHT PAST YOU and not coming back to revive.

Yeah I always make sure to try and revive any time I have a chance. I mean, my goodness, it takes a point away from the other team; it's really important to do.

Pastry

Banned
The curse of any type of shooter game. lol. Fortunately I haven't had too many of these matches at all. Mostly people playing the objective. My gripe is that so many people play with just the soldier. I know he is useful but other zombies are too. lol, wish I had a mic just so I could jell "We don't need 8 of you to be soldiers!"

I've ended up playing as engineer a lot because I get pissed that there is no teleported haha

What do you do when you get to the garden? Just stand in the circle? Must admit I've been staying back and shooting shit because it looks like a bloodbath.

VanWinkle

Been playing too much Team Vanquish. I need to start delving into the other modes. Also played some split screen with my fiancee which was fun.

Can you do Garden Ops split screen as well, or is it only the endless wave mode?

vypek

I've ended up playing as engineer a lot because I get pissed that there is no teleported haha

Lol. Sometimes I do the same thing. I'm trying to use the scientist a little more to heal and get sticky bomb kills. As a plant, there is a great pleasure in taking out teleport pads.

vypek

In Gardens and Gravyards, what exactly counts as a win? Do you need to defend perfectly or destroy ALL gardens?

NuKERxyz

You have to destroy/defend all and also the final part.

Ive beign playing this on X1 since launch, its a gem of a game.
The new suburbination mode os awesome.

Top Bottom