• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PvZ Garden Warfare PS4/PS3 |OT| Over-Delivering On Value

pronk420

Oh wow this is so much fun. Not had any lag issues either

Is the multiplayer cross platform with ps3/ps4? Seems like a lot of people are playing

I love how the classes play really differently and the two sides arent identical. The plant that can eat people is great

I'm not sure I understand how perks and stuff work, where even is that stuff?

vypek

Just hit 50 and I still don't have an alternate foot soldier :(

You could try the 40K sticker pack which will definitely give you a different character. Or you could keep trying 20K packs and eventually get enough sticker pieces to make an alternate character.

I'm still only on level 46. After I hit 50 I think I'll focus on garden ops for a while. Or try to do some solo garden ops to find a super boss

Nexfero

Neo Member
Is there a way to see what the weapon perks do? I got one for the cactus called "pointier spikes" or something, but can't find the description for what it does.

If you check your sticker book it should be under the character top right.

DirtyLarry

Checked it out for the first time earlier today.
It was decent fun. It truly was. However as a 40 year old, I truly felt awkward playing it.
No shit the voices I was hearing over the mics were no older than 15 years old, and honestly they sounded closer to 10 years old. It was seriously young kids. Very young.
And I did check out 3 servers just to see. and the results were the same.

Could it have just been the fact I was being forced to play the Welcome game? Sure, no doubt about it I imagine.

Now I am very much aware of the fact this same kids play other online games and I very well will encounter them in those as well, but truth be told I really do not think I am hearing the same voices while playing The Last Of Us MP for example. At least I hope I would not.

So yeah, perhaps it is just me being dumb about it all, but honestly I felt as if I had no place playing the game because of how young these kids were. Obviously the more playful feel of the game did not help matters at all.

So while I think it is a game that would be damn fun to play, I just feel wrong doing so.
And please do not take offense if you are older and enjoy playing the game. As I said I could see it being incredibly fun. I just felt like some old man at Chuck E Cheese with a 12 year olds party going down at the same time.

It was decent fun. It truly was. However as a 40 year old, I truly felt awkward playing it.
No shit the voices I was hearing over the mics were no older than 15 years old, and honestly they sounded closer to 10 years old. It was seriously young kids. Very young.

Could it have just been the fact I was being forced to play the Welcome game? Sure, no doubt about it I imagine.

Now I am very much aware of the fact this same kids play other online games and I very well will encounter them in those as well, but truth be told I really do not think I am hearing the same voices while playing The Last Of Us MP for example. At least I hope I would not.

So yeah, perhaps it is just me being dumb about it all, but honestly I felt as if I had no place playing the game because of how young these kids were. Obviously the more playful feel of the game did not help matters at all.

So while I think it is a game that would be damn fun to play, I just feel wrong doing so.
And please do not take offense if you are older and enjoy playing the game. As I said I could see it being incredibly fun. I just felt like some old man at Chuck E Cheese with a 12 year olds party going down at the same time.

Whats weird is on the Xbox One version of the game I felt like the voices of other players seemed quite a bit older than that of some other games on the platform.

vypek

Don't feel awkward. I think the game is great for all ages. I've heard some kids as well as adults playing (although I don't hear much voice chat at all in general). It definitely is a fun game and I think its great that literally anyone can enjoy.

thenexus6

I don't feel awkward, alas i'm only 24 so not close to 40. But its just a game and its great fun.

I noticed while looking at trophies theres an add-on called "Zomboss Down" what is this exactly?

-MD-

I'm 24 in a month and I don't feel weird playing this at all. The other 3 guys I play with are 25, 28 and 30.

Dalek

I always mute the match. People that have mics don't seem to talk. Instead, they do something worse. They like to breathe, cough, clear their throat, and play music into their mics. Why?!?

This is so true. An entire technology wasted. The rest of the population muting the game because of a few nudniks coughing with their dogs.

thenexus6

Sorry for my dumbness, but when i'm playing Garden Ops I have literally nothing left to plant. I have opened loads of stickers so how do I activate them to use in Garden Ops?

madmackem

Sorry for my dumbness, but when i'm playing Garden Ops I have literally nothing left to plant. I have opened loads of stickers so how do I activate them to use in Garden Ops?

You need to buy the first two or so packs, they are the consumables for the plant pots, the others are mostly new charcters to play as and hats and stuff to dress up said characters.

jesu

Go to the plant pots, they'll be sparkly gold, and use the O button, I think it is.

nullpoynter

I do click on the pots but everything is greyed out. I have opened probably over 10 packs so far..

I had that problem once on the PS4 version. It only lasted for one game though, and it was a game I joined in progress. When I started a new garden ops match everything was fine. It hasn't happened since.

Been looking forward to this for awhile. Had a bit of a hard time finding a physical copy for PS4 so i went digital with it, downloading now. Anyone want to play? add me, psn: jacob_armitage

I assume the ps4 version is quite good ?

It's pretty damn fun.

I was going to play it for a bit before it got dark and play PT but I couldn't put it down so I ended up playing PvZ the whole afternoon.

I'm trying to unlock everyones abilities, so getting them to level 3, to see which classes I'll like. I think I'm probably gonna stick with Pea and Soldier mostly. I still need to unlock Sunflower and Cactus' abilities.

jou123

Neo Member

I'm on PS4 and I feel the same. Played a game of Garden Ops with a kid (could not have been more than 12 or 13) just reciting song lyrics for all ten rounds. Also played with a young couple with a young child screaming into the mic.

People turn off your mics if you are not talking to teammates!

I don't understand why EA didn't design the menus with the possibility to mute mics at every turn. The option is not even available in the pause menu. I really hope they patch it in. The game is fun, could be the TF2 for consoles and like TF2 if you are playing casually you do not need to chat. If EA were smart they would make this F2P like Warframe.

vypek

I'm on PS4 and I feel the same. Played a game of Garden Ops with a kid (could not have been more than 12 or 13) just reciting song lyrics for all ten rounds. Also played with a young couple with a young child screaming into the mic.

People turn off your mics if you are not talking to teammates!

I don't understand why EA didn't design the menus with the possibility to mute mics at every turn. The option is not even available in the pause menu. I really hope they patch it in. The game is fun, could be the TF2 for consoles and like TF2 if you are playing casually you do not need to chat. If EA were smart they would make this F2P like Warframe.

Press the touchpad. Brings up the player list and score and in the same screen you can toggle muting of players.

BokehKing

Banned

Well it's a shooter kids can play because it's cartoony. I rather kids play this than cod. Nothing gets on my nerves more I swear than seeing little kids at game stop be like 'can we get call of duty!!' and he is like 7...7..you know what I was playing at 7? Possibly ET on atari

This game deserves to sell millions. It's so damn good. The amount of content, modes, unlockables, customization, is just unbelievable. The graphics and production values are also top-notch. Who would have expected PvZ Garden Warfare to be this good? FYI, I double-dipped on both PC and PS4. It's that good. It's the type of game where you'll get your money's worth 10x over in terms of replayability. Popcap deserves millions of sales for this gem.

nullpoynter

This game deserves to sell millions. It's so damn good. The amount of content, modes, unlockables, customization, is just unbelievable. The graphics and production values are also top-notch. Who would have expected PvZ Garden Warfare to be this good? FYI, I double-dipped on both PC and PS4. It's that good. It's the type of game where you'll get your money's worth 10x over in terms of replayability. Popcap deserves millions of sales for this gem.

Exactly, especially considering that they are giving DLC away for free! Other developers and publishers should take notice.

vypek

Nooooo! My game just crashed in wave 9 of Crazy garden ops. I wish I wrote down the error code. I really think we would have had it. Ah well. Time to try to get a super boss instead.

And yeah, this game does deserve to sell millions. Its absolutely great.

This game is fucking AWESOME. I got it from GameFly and I'm definitely going to keep this. For $25 ??? Who wouldn't?

Is there anyway that you get new weapons?

E: also my favorite EA game. Just so goooooood!

thenexus6

Yeah for sure. When this was first announced I was like "huh?" but its totally works, and its amazing. I was very jealous when it came out for XBox (as a PS4 owner) so I was really happy to see it come over to Sony.

Mindlog

Nooooo! My game just crashed in wave 9 of Crazy garden ops. I wish I wrote down the error code. I really think we would have had it. Ah well. Time to try to get a super boss instead.

And yeah, this game does deserve to sell millions. Its absolutely great.
I ended up just soloing that one to get it done quick.
Really easy to do on Sharkbite Shores.

vypek

This game is fucking AWESOME. I got it from GameFly and I'm definitely going to keep this. For $25 ??? Who wouldn't?

Is there anyway that you get new weapons?

E: also my favorite EA game. Just so goooooood!

There are character variants that have different weapons by default and also weapons that can be swapped for the standard character weapons. You can get them from sticker packs. I suggest 20K for those since I have got a lot from those. Also, these will only show up for use outside of "welcome mat" and any mode that is "classic."

I ended up just soloing that one to get it done quick.
Really easy to do on Sharkbite Shores.

Wait, did you do the super boss on solo or crazy difficulty on garden ops? If crazy difficulty then congrats because that is tough. lol. I'll try sharkbite shores next. Just cant get the superboss to show up. Kinda sucks that I cant do it. but I'll keep trying.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Man, just blew all my coinage on the 40K sticker pack. I should have stuck with the 20K packs instead.

Folks, what's the best and fastest way to get coins? Garden Ops is a bit slow so I'm guessing MP? Any particular MP mode?

vypek

Man, just blew all my coinage on the 40K sticker pack. I should have stuck with the 20K packs instead.

Folks, what's the best and fastest way to get coins? Garden Ops is a bit slow so I'm guessing MP? Any particular MP mode?

Gardens and graveyards is by far the best way to get coins.

EDIT: Go with classic mode unless you've unlocked some good characters already. You'll get a good amount of coins whether you do poorly or not and getting vanquish streaks will get lots of coins as well. I've finished a match with as much as 14K before. Normally 7-10K for a match depending on how well the team does overall and whether I join late or not

M_A_C

Same here. I think I like the PS4 version better than the PC. Feels more fun with the controller and the graphics might actually be slightly better. Seems like the lighting and shadows might be better, and I have the PC on ultra fyi.

-MD-

Same here. I think I like the PS4 version better than the PC. Feels more fun with the controller and the graphics might actually be slightly better. Seems like the lighting and shadows might be better, and I have the PC on ultra fyi.

You can use a controller on the PC version. I don't have a copy of the PS4 version but I highly doubt the visuals are better than PC.

Best part about the PC version is cranking up the FOV.

VanWinkle

EDIT: Go with classic mode unless you've unlocked some good characters already. You'll get a good amount of coins whether you do poorly or not and getting vanquish streaks will get lots of coins as well. I've finished a match with as much as 14K before. Normally 7-10K for a match depending on how well the team does overall and whether I join late or not

Are you sure? I earn the most coins in gardens and graveyards but the matches are way longer than team vanquish. I feel like they're probably pretty equal in terms of coins per minute but maybe that's not the case.

M_A_C

You can use a controller on the PC version. I don't have a copy of the PS4 version but I highly doubt the visuals are better than PC.

Best part about the PC version is cranking up the FOV.

Yeah I know but then your at a disadvantage. I like both alot but PS4 seems more fun for some reason.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

That shit is annoying as a Zombie

I got into a game late, spawned, went out the door, chomper ready to burrow and just eats me up and goes back camping an area

Had to switch from Medic (none on our team at the time) to Engineer (was 3 of them, yet no teleporter created...)
Stunned that fucker trying to burrow kill me and just wrecked it
Tried to come back to same area, wrecked it again
Created porter with 1 min left, somehow Zombies took the Graveyard

There are some dumb fucking players running around

I'm Rank 34 at the moment, with 50% on the PS4 trophies
Game is fun, could use more coins to get some of the packs that are costly
The 20,000 ones I do 5, 5, 5 of each 3 types, get 300K coins then go buy 5 packs of each type, repeat process

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right

Thanks mate, I'll give it a punt.

nullpoynter

That shit is annoying as a Zombie

I got into a game late, spawned, went out the door, chomper ready to burrow and just eats me up and goes back camping an area

Had to switch from Medic (none on our team at the time) to Engineer (was 3 of them, yet no teleporter created...)
Stunned that fucker trying to burrow kill me and just wrecked it
Tried to come back to same area, wrecked it again
Created porter with 1 min left, somehow Zombies took the Graveyard

There are some dumb fucking players running around

I'm Rank 34 at the moment, with 50% on the PS4 trophies
Game is fun, could use more coins to get some of the packs that are costly
The 20,000 ones I do 5, 5, 5 of each 3 types, get 300K coins then go buy 5 packs of each type, repeat process

The allstar and the exploding imp are pretty good as well. I've gotten multiple kills with that on more than one occasion.

vypek

Are you sure? I earn the most coins in gardens and graveyards but the matches are way longer than team vanquish. I feel like they're probably pretty equal in terms of coins per minute but maybe that's not the case.

Hm. Now I'm second guessing myself. Personally I usually earn more per minute in G&G but I guess each person has to try it out and see where they do better.

I just cannot get this super boss to spawn at all :/

Top Bottom