• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PvZ Garden Warfare PS4/PS3 |OT| Over-Delivering On Value

Yes, and you were right, it's fun, pretty fast paced.

Of course I was. I would never lead you astray

Okay. So you need to get the "perfect win" bonus

Not quite.

Defenders - You just need to defend until the timer runs out, it doesn't matter which objective you're at.
Attackers - You have to reach the end and complete the final objective.

So on PS4 there are some game modes missing? What modes are there?
Was gonna double dip..

Suburbination should be the only one missing.

Mindlog

Hopped on for a game of G&G and finally unlocked the "Split Pea Soup (10 Gatling kills in one match) Achievement." Yay, all achievements unlocked.

Thank you engineers and team working zombies that crowded the objectives without noticing me.
Followed it up with another huge vanquish streak courtesy of the Super Commando.
I am wondering when the suburbination mode is coming to PS4.
Last I heard, 'Very soon.' Not sony soony, but actual soon.

If any console game deserves a free multiplayer weekend it's this one. Make it happen EA/Sony/MS.

taco543

How do you use the PSN pre-order hats? They're not showing in the character customisation menu. Do I need to unlock them somehow?
After u redeem the code and download it goto the game then goto characters then click I think square to customize and I think the peashooter, cactus, all star zombie, and zombie soldier (not sure about the last one) are the ones that have pre order gear.
And no you don't need to unlock em but it's not like the headgear from last of us you actually have to download it.

Nexfero

Neo Member
Quick question; can I play co-op online game modes (e.g. team vanquish) with my gf if she is using an iPad in Boss Mode and I am using a controller?

Can we get in to the same game etc?

In fact can Boss Mode via a tablet be used co-op at all?

Yes, you can, that way you are playing a character and someone else heal, revives and call airstrikes. I don't know what the spotting ability is, I think it's a healing ability aswell.

vypek

Yes, you can, that way you are playing a character and someone else heal, revives and call airstrikes. I don't know what the spotting ability is, I think it's a healing ability aswell.

I believe every enemy within the spotting radar has an icon placed where they are. So you have an idea of what types of enemies are where with the radius of the radar. (Breaking a radar nets 50 points and hides your position again so make sure you do it ... or work on taking down the Boss Mode player).

Nexfero

Neo Member
Thanks, thats helpful. I've been trying to play a character and bossmode simultaneously, but not sure if I'm been very helpful to the team by doing that.

Does anyone know if the Zomboss Expansion is out or how acces it?

Audioboxer

Just bought this on EU PSN.

All the content seems a little overwhelming from the videos I've watched. Any tips on where to start?

I've always been more of a team player/healer/support than a lone ranger.

Cheers

Cynn

All the content seems a little overwhelming from the videos I've watched. Any tips on where to start?

Cheers

Choose Sunflower and get started in good old TDM to learn the basics I'd say. Then try some Gardens and Graveyards.

As the sunflower you can shadow other players and help them with the heal beam and heath pots. Before you know it you'll be daisy chaining heal trains and laser sniping. ;)

thenexus6

Anyone know what UK supermarkets are selling cheapest? Some time they say in newspapers but if anyone has been into stores today / or works in one please post!

taco543

Is there a way to switch shooting shoulders? And is the only way to get characters by buying the 40k packs?
you can get character sticker parts from the supremium (20,000) packs and higher, but to guarantee getting a WHOLE character set you need the 40,000 pack.
also no you can't switch shoulders.

Anyone else feel trhe zombies have a massive advantage in MP?

I did at first, but having put in 20 hours over the last 3 nights, I think the devs did a fantastic job of balancing this game. In classic mode, of course. YMMV in modes with upgrades.

This game is simply amazing fun. Really having a blast with it. Hope the community sticks around.

Loomba

Is there a way to see what the weapon perks do? I got one for the cactus called "pointier spikes" or something, but can't find the description for what it does.

Vashetti

Banned
So many lag and disconnect issues. You'd think they'd iron this shit out with it already being on Xbox for months.

Very disappointed so far.

jesu

Cheers

I started with Garden Ops to get the hang of it.
It's basically horde mode versus the AI, with various difficulty levels.
You can only play as the plants, but you'll get a feel for each plant class that way.

minx

Glad a lot of people are picking this game up! Popcop really did a great job! I finally got all achievements. If you are on the fence buy this game! The free maps and characters with some optional micro transactions that don't affect the playing field is the way to go.

phen0m24

So last night my son gets on PvZ using remote play on his Vita and starts leveling up his cactus with my skip challenge cards. Punk!! But he was doing really well and having fun. The game looks fantastic on PS4 and Boss Mode is something I really want to try more of.

-MD-

also, people hate to revive

They just run over you, even when no one is around.

The only time I get annoyed by this is when it's a sunflower or scientist, there's really no excuse.

If I'm playing either of those classes I revive people constantly.

Audioboxer

Choose Sunflower and get started in good old TDM to learn the basics I'd say. Then try some Gardens and Graveyards.

As the sunflower you can shadow other players and help them with the heal beam and heath pots. Before you know it you'll be daisy chaining heal trains and laser sniping. ;)

Thanks I've been doing a few rounds as sunflower. Liking it. It does seem a bit chaotic at first.

Do the zombies have a healer equivalent? I've been team switching each time I get put on their side lol.

i hope they improve the way friends join your game, such a clusterfuck. i wonder why the lack of a JOIN option when you are on your friends profile while they are playing the game like every game with an online component has this option

VanWinkle

i hope they improve the way friends join your game, such a clusterfuck. i wonder why the lack of a JOIN option when you are on your friends profile while they are playing the game like every game with an online component has this option

Hmm yeah I haven't played with friends yet but I could see that being an issue. Hope they patch pepper functionality in.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Gardens and Graveyards is where it's at. Hot damn, that's a good mode when the team's are balanced. But you don't always get a lot of coin considering how long the matches are, so maybe it's not the best mode for grinding.

I love this game. Now that that's out of the way, I get that it's all good light-hearted fun and all but it's so hard for me to take this game seriously when i'm battling Chester fucking Cheeto and he's devouring my corpse.

Selecting "join" on my friend's profile while he was playing a game was exactly how I joined up with him earlier. If you weren't getting that, there was a problem or the match was full.

Pancho

Qurupancho
This game is mad fun! Was able to play last night with some friends some Gardens & Graveyards. It was a pain tho, getting everyone in. I hope they add a party system soon.

Edit: Also, a mod should add the OT tag in this thread.

Top Bottom