• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PvZ Garden Warfare PS4/PS3 |OT| Over-Delivering On Value

I'll be buying the blue dualshock 4 (which comes out the same day as this game) so that I can play split screen with my brother :)

I'll be buying the blue dualshock 4 (which comes out the same day as this game) so that I can play split screen with my brother :)
I wish there was more to do in split screen. The fact that the second player can't earn any progress or coins basically turned me off of that. So now my bother and I are going to have to get two copies and play online.

Mindlog

When I was playing the PC version, I couldn't find any way to form a squad/party with a friend. Is it the same way on consoles? It got annoying when we wanted to try the different game modes and had to keep inviting each other.
Consoles started the same way, but one of the updates added party matchmaking. Should be present in the PS4 version, but I can't speak definitively on that.

Also a heads up. There may be a few $10 off codes in this thread next week.

gillty

Banned
Uh what? Are we playing the same game?

Both, having someone with you can seriously help but if you're good enough you can get things done on your own.

It's multiplayer so it lasts however long you want it to last. I have over 100 hours logged on PC and I'm still having fun.
Seriously, I cannot believe people perceive the PC version as a Ghost Town, I never have any problems with finding full servers at any time of the day.

TheRefresher

Neo Member
Do both players need PS+ to play split screen coop? I was thinking about picking this up to play with my daughter, but only I have PS+.

Soi-Fong

Kind of wondering about performance on PS4. I got the gametime thing and the game itself is very enjoyable. It's actually quite a looker too. Playing it at 2560 x 1440 at max settings and 60 fps and I have gotten no fps drops so far. Very well done on the PC.

I know the PS4 population will be bigger, but I want to keep my 1440p resolution. lol

I played this briefly on Xbox One a few months back and honestly, I thought it was amazing, i'd recommend this to anyone who is even partly interested

Caayn

Do both players need PS+ to play split screen coop? I was thinking about picking this up to play with my daughter, but only I have PS+.
No. The ability to play online is unlocked when one of the accounts on a PS4 system has set that system as its "home" system.

Mmmm....sold my Xbox One version to a friend of mine. Told him I was getting the PS4 version soon, and he offered me to buy the game I sold him. Comes cheap.

What to do? The only difference on PS4 it's that the game is 1080P right? Or am I missing something here?

thenexus6

Mmmm....sold my Xbox One version to a friend of mine. Told him I was getting the PS4 version soon, and he offered me to buy the game I sold him. Comes cheap.

What to do? The only difference on PS4 it's that the game is 1080P right? Or am I missing something here?

60fps and DLC too

minx

Great game. Gets overlooked because it's based off a tower defense game. If you are on the bubble I would highly recommend it.

Starting all your progress from scratch is the killer for me. I'm sticking with my xbone version.

Can someone explain how the split-screen works? Does it allow you to play online in all modes against others or are you stuck playing against bots?

Actually read the OP and got my answer. You can only do split-screen in the Garden-Ops mode.

This is the exact opposite experience of my own, it is very rare for a Garden and Graveyards match to not be filled in my experience. I play at all different times as well due to my work.

Yeah, before when I posted it was the one mode I hadn't yet tried, and I can confirm it is indeed always full. However, the rest of the modes often only fill up with 6 people for me, and in the Classic game types and Suburbination I'm left waiting for players to arrive, who promptly quit, tired of waiting themselves.

Someone suggested I may have a NAT issue, but I thought dedicated servers would make this a non-issue? Besides I'd imagine Gardens and Graveyards would yield the same results. It and the Welcome Mat are the only two modes I can find fully populated. With the Free Game Time I'm expecting results to improve due to more players.

Azull

Pc version here, game is just a blast. You can tell the devs had way too much fun making this game with all the little funny things in it, e.g. Count chompula lol.

Don't know if it was mentioned but free game time is being offered on origin for this game so try out if you aren't sure ppls!

Cynn

PvZ GW is absolutely fantastic. It looks silly but it's a top tier class based shooter. I'm seriously considering a double dip on PS4. (I currently play on X1)

Went to try out the free game time on Origin and it said no cus my PC is 32-bit. Lmao
I meant to upgrade it when I still used it as a gaming machine (haven't since 2011~) but I've been using Win 7 Home Starter since I got it, which is 32-bit only.

Hmm, buying Diablo 3 the same day, on the fence about day 1 for this. It looks like it should be priced less than $40 but all the impressions I've heard are great.. is the splitscreen mode decent at least?

vypek

Hmm, buying Diablo 3 the same day, on the fence about day 1 for this. It looks like it should be priced less than $40 but all the impressions I've heard are great.. is the splitscreen mode decent at least?

From the impressions of the game, it seems to be absolutely well worth the $40 but you can get it for $30 with the Cheetos promo deal. I don't know about the splitscreen mode since I haven't played it myself but I haven't heard complaints about it. Thats all I can really say.

From this thread:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=875435

"Beginning August 19th, all specially marked Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare Cheetos snacks will get you $10 off the gameon any platform, and a code to redeem online. That single redemption will get you ALL of the following: ... "

Doesn't it become repetitive after all the characters are unlocked with the custom items? I much rather start new.....in 1080p too.

It takes, like 200 hours to unlock everything. That was figured out before they added the new bling packs, so even longer now.

-MD-

It takes, like 200 hours to unlock everything. That was figured out before they added the new bling packs, so even longer now.

100 hours maybe, definitely not 200.

Doesn't it become repetitive after all the characters are unlocked with the custom items? I much rather start new.....in 1080p too.

Why would it become repetitive after unlocking all the characters? At that point you have 40+ characters to choose from, that's the opposite of repetitive.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Any idea on what the Europe PS4 digital price will be?

I am expecting a serious shafting with it being an EA Game.

Liberty4all

Banned
Are there pre order bonus's with this? Somehow with all my excitement about Diablo III I missed that this was coming.

edit: Google knows all

Like most games today, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare has some pre-order bonuses at participating retailers. If you pre-order the game from one of the chosen retailers, you’ll receive two digital card packs along with PlayStation exclusive customization options for your character including items from Ratchet & Clank, Sly Cooper, and Fat Princess.

http://ps4daily.com/2014/06/garden-warfare-ps4-release-date-2/

I guess I'm picking up 2 games on Tuesday not just 1.

vypek

Are there pre order bonus's with this? Somehow with all my excitement about Diablo III I missed that this was coming.

Amazon says there is a bonus of the PlayStation specific costumes as well as some card packs for pre-order.

And I posted the link to the other thread earlier but if you don't pre-order, apparently the cheetos promo can take $10 off the game

EDIT: nevermind, you found it while I was typing the post. lol

Liberty4all

Banned
Amazon says there is a bonus of the PlayStation specific costumes as well as some card packs for pre-order.

And I posted the link to the other thread earlier but if you don't pre-order, apparently the cheetos promo can take $10 off the game

EDIT: nevermind, you found it while I was typing the post. lol

The Cheetos thing I think is American only sadly.

edit:

I don't know how the hell this game slipped under my radar. It looks amazing.

vypek

The Cheetos thing I think is American only sadly.

Ah that sucks. Is it that your country doesn't sell cheetos as others have mentioned or the promo code just doesn't work?

And I agree, the game does look amazing. I'm super hyped for Tuesday

Liberty4all

Banned
We have Cheetos here in Canada ... super addicting. Unfortunately though we sometimes get cut out off some of the better US promotions.

No idea how I'm going to find time for BOTH Diablo III and this.

I picked a crappy week to be starting a new job. Not that I'm sad to be starting but damn why couldn't all this stuff have come out last month??? AND Tuesday is my wife's birthday which means I'll be out all night after work. *grumble*

Special C

Glad PS owners are finally getting this. It's really fun and bought in on Xbox One fairly recently. It's not goign to blow you away with amazing game mechanics but it's very solid and entertaining.

Shady859

JERK, why did you tell me about this. :)
I need BLUE!!!!!! Go Big Blue!
Amazon give $38.81 for my old controller..... Hmmm

Tempted to grab this I haven't bought anything in forever and itching for a new game. I rented the 360 version at launch and it was pretty fun but I cancelled Gamefly and didnt play it past week one.

Are the digger guys that gobble you from underground fixed or are they still mad over powered?

I'm sure it was a bad choice of words, but in the Twitch preview video they talk about "if you run out of pods you can buy more, they're really cheap" it's not real money, right? they're talking about in-game currency?

Top Bottom