• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PvZ Garden Warfare PS4/PS3 |OT| Over-Delivering On Value

-MD-

Dang. This game was never on my radar until I saw this thread. Now I am interested... very interested.

Although I just ordered Diablo 3... not sure if I have room for this one too.

Diablo 3 is like 5 hours long, you'll be ok =)

What are the hats I get for ps4 pre-order?

Kinda strapped until Friday but I can make it work if they're cool ass hats

20140818230312.jpg

This is what i got. us psn.

Wasp

I'm really tempted to buy this.

But it is a massive shame that splitscreen is only available for one single mode only, a Horde mode against an infinite wave of enemies. You can't even play competitive splitscreen. Splitscreen should be available in every mode, online and offlline against bots, there's no reason why not.

I would also have liked an offline Adventure mode too. I'm not expecting something like Halo's campaign or TimeSplitters' story modes (although that would be fucking awesome) but a long sequence of levels/missions/challenges to work through fighting bots would be great.

Rokal

I'm really tempted to buy this.

But it is a massive shame that splitscreen is only available for one single mode only, a Horde mode against an infinite wave of enemies. You can't even play competitive splitscreen. Splitscreen should be available in every mode, online and offlline against bots, there's no reason why not.

The horde mode isn't infinite enemies. It's structured very similarly to Mass Effect 3 multiplayer if you did much of that. You defend against 10 semi-randomized waves/objectives and then you try to escape on a drop ship before being overwhelmed. Between the difficulty settings, class/cosmetic unlocks, "tower defense" consumables from packs, and being highly randomized you can spend a ton of time in the mode. I spent more time in ME3's MP than I did in the campaign and it would be easy to spend even more time in the (better) PvZ version of it.

It's definitely a big part of the game, arguably the best mode it offers.

Wasp

The horde mode isn't infinite enemies. It's structured very similarly to Mass Effect 3 multiplayer if you did much of that. You defend against 10 semi-randomized waves/objectives and then you try to escape on a drop ship before being overwhelmed. Between the difficulty settings, class/cosmetic unlocks, "tower defense" consumables from packs, and being highly randomized you can spend a ton of time in the mode. I spent more time in ME3's MP than I did in the campaign and it would be easy to spend even more time in the (better) PvZ version of it.

It's definitely a big part of the game, arguably the best mode it offers.
Ok, it sounds a bit better than I was expecting. I never played ME3's MP but from what you describe it sounds similar L4D's finale levels. As long as there's an end point to work towards. I dislike modes where there's no objective other than to beat your high-score, I need the light at the end of the tunnel.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Can you play against people cross platform? Thinking of maybe getting this for PS3 but the community is a concern.

Can you voice chat?

Whoever gets up early tomorrow needs to let me know what the deal with the $10 off is. If it's Target only, or if I can use it at GameStop.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Lol damn is there no way to change to an inverted control scheme during the install part? I'm at 23% and it's letting me mess around with 4 plants but I can't play for shit since there doesn't seem to be an inverted option, at least during this part.

Top Bottom