• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PvZ Garden Warfare PS4/PS3 |OT| Over-Delivering On Value

So I'm not the only who can't join a game at all, right? "You have lost the connection to the game session".
The terrible Garden Warfare servers strike again!

When I played on PC, the first gametype never worked for me. I had to play that one that's like domination or whatever.

I've been playing since it unlocked. One disconnect but otherwise smooth as hell, no lag or anything.

Weird! Been trying to join a game for 15 minutes now with no luck whatsoever. I wonder if it's because I'm on remote play (although I don't see how or why that would be an issue). Glad it's running smoothly though :)

hmmm kinda expected it to be like a repeat of the xbox one version, disconnects x lag x can't connect

hope its fixed for when more people have it

I must be lucky, been in games just fine no noticeable lag for about an hour and a half or so

the game is very fun

I don't suppose there's anyway to switch shoulders is there?

My favourite multiplayer game of the year. holy shit its fun.

I only have one question, how do i change the costumes? Like how do i make my peashooter the berry version?

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
On the PS4, I'm noticing a lot if sound drops. Weapons randomly not making any noise when fired , not getting hit indication noises.

Please tell me this isn't another terribly mixed PS4 game

Cynn

My favourite multiplayer game of the year. holy shit its fun.

I only have one question, how do i change the costumes? Like how do i make my peashooter the berry version?
Berry is a separate character. Press left or right on the peashooter character select screen.

CzarTim

Game is fun. Greatly prefer zombie side to plants though.

Also having some lag. It's super annoying. Hope they fix it.

Autofokus

Hmm, my US PSN Purchase unlock just got bumped a few days back (EU here). What's that about? I got the notification 'can be used now' and looking at the detailed information doesn't show any lock.

Diablo 3 didn't do this, or any preorder I bought before.

dat Citrus Cactus o_o

I love the orange burst weapon. I've been poppin' fools' heads off in the team vanquish all night!

Also, I need PvZ bros. PSN: ScareGoat

Hmm, my US PSN Purchase unlock just got bumped a few days back (EU here). What's that about? I got the notification 'can be used now' and looking at the detailed information doesn't show any lock.

Diablo 3 didn't do this, or any preorder I bought before.

Yes, this happening to me for the first time.

No other preorder has done it, it's showing me the UK release time instead.

If you or anybody else finds a fix, please let us know in here.

Autofokus

Yes, this happening to me for the first time.

No other preorder has done it, it's showing me the UK release time instead.

If you or anybody else finds a fix, please let us know in here.
Did you try to restore your licenses (with your US Account, Settings, PSN)?

I can't test it, in my blind rage I just deleted the game. :) Diablo here I come.

Did you try to restore your licenses (with your US Account, Settings, PSN)?

I can't test it, in my blind rage I just deleted the game. :) Diablo here I come.

I have not, and won't be able to for the next 8 hours or so. I assume a few people will be in the same boat as us, hopefully they find a work around.

My PS4 version should come in the mail today. I played the Xbone version for a few hours, and I had a lot of fun. I usually don't like to give EA my money (usually 'cause I don't like their games) but $31 for this game is a pretty good deal. If anyone wants to add me, my PSN is XDeathXGodX, I don't know if PS3/4 players can play together, but if they can, I accept all invitations.

Autofokus

I have not, and won't be able to for the next 8 hours or so. I assume a few people will be in the same boat as us, hopefully they find a work around.
Just re-installed it and now it works, I'm at the title screen. :) Praise my fast connection.

But it would be nice to know if the license restore thingy would be enough.

Vestax

Banned
I'm absolutely positive half the people playing tonight don't understand how to defend an objective haha

Lol

Took me a while to get how to properly use potted plants and how important the Zombie portals are...if the teams suck, it can be frustrating for G&G

JohnJJ

Neo Member
Can anyone with the PS4 version comment on framerate? (anyone double dip and can notice any difference?)

I remember the XB1 version struggled to keep a constant 60fps based on the Digital Foundry review a few months back.

Can anyone with the PS4 version comment on framerate? (anyone double dip and can notice any difference?)

I remember the XB1 version struggled to keep a constant 60fps based on the Digital Foundry review a few months back.

I've just been playing for an hour and can't comment on the Xbox One version(only really watched my brother play it for about 10 minutes) but the PS4 version doesn't have any frame dips that I can see, although I'm pretty lax with that stuff. Looks great and is awesome.

How's it playing guys? May delay my purchase of this until the servers are fixed and pick up D3 instead.
Also what are the team sizes in this game.? Is it 12v12?

Also, what resolution does it run on PS3? I can accept 720p 60fps on PS3 given the HW. The game looks nice but even on PC, it's rather simplistic but vibrant.

Likely the same as the 360 version, 1280x704.

went into garden ops

some awful lag is happening

Garden Ops is P2P. Try hosting?

What about offline play-ability?

Not possible.

The preorder bonuses aren't showing up in game for me, how do we get them/redownload them? I'm on PS4.

They may be in the Sticker Shop?

How's it playing guys? May delay my purchase of this until the servers are fixed and pick up D3 instead.
Also what are the team sizes in this game.? Is it 12v12?

Servers are likely to smooth out in a day or so. Same thing happened with the 360/Xbone launch.

12v12 for most modes and 8v8(?) in Gnome Bomb, I believe.

Just re-installed it and now it works, I'm at the title screen. :) Praise my fast connection.

But it would be nice to know if the license restore thingy would be enough.

Nice, are you able to play it on your EU account after re-downloading it?

When I get back I'll try the licence restore option before reinstalling it.

Seventy5

Holy shit is this game fun! I played for 2 hours after it unlocked and I'm hooked. Its the best multiplayer so far this year, discounting TLoU since that came out last year. Definitely worth $40. Oh, it it looks amazing! What a breath of fresh air.

Any good trade in specials going on right now? Deciding between this and Diablo 3 and have a few games to trade in. Would like to try and squeeze as much out of them as possible.

Top Bottom