• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PvZ Garden Warfare PS4/PS3 |OT| Over-Delivering On Value

Is there the possibility of Split-Screen?

before this release the xbox one was the only version to have split screen, however it's limited to the survival wave based mode and player 2 doesn't earn anything, just a guest.

Most likely the same on ps4.

am i the only one that the game didnt unlock yesterday? instead the countdown changed and now i have to wait 2 days.

Go to your US account and try the license restore option under settings. See if that unlocks it for you.

if it doesn't work, you'll have to delete and install it again and it should be working according to Autofokus.

Dragoshi1

Somehow got the preorder exclusives to work, also got some more packs for free. Unlocked Fire Chomper thus far, and some cosmetics. Saw a lucky guy who got Count Chompula.

Go to your US account and try the license restore option under settings. See if that unlocks it for you.

if it doesn't work, you'll have to delete and install it again and it should be working according to Autofokus.

yeah i tried that. damn it, i feared i had to do that. good thing though it leaves me time to finish TLOU since im at the last part of the game.

I want this so badly but I splurged on Killzone last night like a moron and I'll get killed if I spend more money on games this week...

Liberty4all

Banned
Work is going by SO SLOWWWWW today. Diablo III and Plants vs Zombies pre orders waiting for me to pick up.

It's my wife's birthday today so I won't get much playtime in, gotta take her out for dinner. I can't decide which of the two games to start on in the hour or so of playtime I get tonight.

FHIZ

I forgot how fun this game was. Had it on disc for the Xbox One, but felt like it'd be a good thing just to have on the harddrive so I can get to it whenever on my PS4.

But, man! do people need to realize their playstation cam is operating as a mic. Anyone having problems muting individual players? I'd mute someone, then it would seem like they'd be unmuted if I muted anyone else.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Fuuuuuck this game is so fun! Got up hella early today to get some time in with it before work. Just playing team vanquish and had an absolute blast. Hopefully there is some gaf games going tonight because I'll definitely be getting in on that.

vypek

Yes! Just got the text message from UPS that the package was delivered. Going to eat some breakfast and then pop in the disc. Wondering if I should get Cheetos to get the extra costumes. Guess while I'm eating breakfast I'll set up the PS4 to download the promotional items from Amazon

Planet

Too bad this isn't cross-buy, as I am not yet done with my PS3 and I sure don't want to miss split screen coop.

rafbanaan

I've played it for around 2 hours and I love it! It's a nice change and I like the quick battles.

I haven't encountered any problems for now.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Work is going by SO SLOWWWWW today. Diablo III and Plants vs Zombies pre orders waiting for me to pick up.

It's my wife's birthday today so I won't get much playtime in, gotta take her out for dinner. I can't decide which of the two games to start on in the hour or so of playtime I get tonight.

I'd go with Plants vs Zombies. You can hop in, have a couple quick games, and enjoy the heck out of it. Diablo is something you're going to want to take some time with.

For those that have played the X1 version; how does this stack up? Better frame rate? Are the visuals a little nicer with the resolution boost?

Skenzin

Banned
As a point I avoid games with +month long exclusivity. It just feel played out by time those deals end and makes it hard for me to get hyped. I actual prefer these type of releases to bomb. Its salty outlook but I felt the same way when UT3 came out on the 360 last.

My point is sorry, I don't think publishers should get it both ways..

hesido

The DLC being free: Let's promote this mindset and buy this game.

But I'm too much invested in TLoU multiplayer, and I have limited time.

Pastry

Banned
I'd go with Plants vs Zombies. You can hop in, have a couple quick games, and enjoy the heck out of it. Diablo is something you're going to want to take some time with.

For those that have played the X1 version; how does this stack up? Better frame rate? Are the visuals a little nicer with the resolution boost?

It did take me around an hour or two to get used to the game, I was terrible at first. This is coming from spending a ton of time playing BF4.

Seems like the unlocks bug is going to get me like it did in BF4, just reached level 100 with everything unlocked except some paints.

VanWinkle

Oh my goodness this game is SO FUN! Man it's awesome! Looks FANTASTIC too. That 1080p crispness. Can't wait to get off work so I can play more.

p3tran

Banned
guys, its the FUN that is the most critical point for getting this game.
then it is the colorful, nice art.
after this come the value and everything else.

OP should be changed imo to overdelivering on FUN. :)
value takes a back seat here, even if its so good.

krpiper

My expirence this morning regarding the Cheetos deal:

Okay so what the target guy told me this morning, if you bought the game and a family size bag of cheetos, you would get a $10 Target Gift Card and then the DLC. The cheetos bag was just a regular bag

I was looking in my wallet and I found a $20 gift card to walmart so I just bought it there.

I was disappointed it wasn't a coupon however

Past

Are the PlayStation costumes included in the disk or is it a code? Because I didn't receive any codes when I got the game.

Seik

Banned
Hmmmm, I'm not getting my copy of D3 until tomorrow...

I think I'll buy/play this tonight! It looks really fun. :D

Mindlog

guys, its the FUN that is the most critical point for getting this game.
then it is the colorful, nice art.
after this come the value and everything else.

OP should be changed imo to overdelivering on FUN. :)
value takes a back seat here, even if its so good.
Nice to read these new positive impressions. This is an easy game to root for especially after playing it for a while. When you hear 'Plants vs Zombies: Third Person Shooter' you fear you're getting some quick weird little game. What we got is so much more.

I had a good laugh watching that launch video. The round ending dance-off in full effect.

VanWinkle

They're so generous with the coins that are required to buy sticker packs. Like, you could buy the highest price pack after probably an hour of gameplay.

It's really refreshing.

If I buy the game now on the PSN store can I still get the free addons? I tried to buy it around 11:50PM but it was having issues checking out so I missed the pre-order and still might try and get it.

Lan Dong Mik

They're so generous with the coins that are required to buy sticker packs. Like, you could buy the highest price pack after probably an hour of gameplay.

It's really refreshing.

Totally agree. I just played for about 30 mins and I got like 25,000 coins. Saving them up fo sho. I've been kicking some ass at this game too. Feels good man

None of my PSN friends are getting this so I need GAF friends to play with this :)

Add me? PSN ID: onyxtour

Edit2: I don't get this game until friday though.

Smidget

What's the best use of coins? I've been playing a little bit but not sure the best idea to use them. Save for the guaranteed characters (most expensive pack)?

Seik

Banned
None of my PSN friends are getting this so I need GAF friends to play with this :)

Add me? onyxtour

Same, here's my PSN: Seik666 - Anyone can add me, if you want to.

I'm totally clueless to everything about this game, too.

Can you make clans or stuff like that? A GAF clan would be awesome. :)

Is it easy to get on the same server without party match making? I wanna play this game but kinda hate when most of the time devolves into trying to get everybody on the same team/server etc

Lan Dong Mik

I'll add anyone who posts their GT as well. Mine is Shuggah_Daddy. I'll be on around 7:30mst tonight with fellow gaffer TriniTrin so hopefully we can get a big game going with gaf dudes.

Ahh screw it impulse kicked in and bought it. Hopefully they patch party match making in a timely manner. I'll add you dudes who posted your psn names.

LegoDad

Can't wait to get home and try this out. I'm already disappointed that there is no party for PS4 at launch... PSN - caliblue15

Is anyone else having trouble with the pre order codes from amazon? PSN says it's invalid. I haven't installed the game yet if that makes a difference. (waiting on the mailman)

Top Bottom