• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PvZ Garden Warfare PS4/PS3 |OT| Over-Delivering On Value

vypek

Is anyone else having trouble with the pre order codes from amazon? PSN says it's invalid. I haven't installed the game yet if that makes a difference. (waiting on the mailman)

Yeah, mine is not working either. I tried it before I even put the disc in so I'll try again later now that I have started playing. Wonder what is going on.

So no party system for Multiplayer game modes?

Should we expect that to be patched in? Kind of dampers the fun trying to coordinate friends and all =/

Ruprit

Is anyone else having trouble with the pre order codes from amazon? PSN says it's invalid. I haven't installed the game yet if that makes a difference. (waiting on the mailman)

I'm also having this issue. Like you, I will try again when my copy arrives.

LtOrange

So no party system for Multiplayer game modes?

Should we expect that to be patched in? Kind of dampers the fun trying to coordinate friends and all =/

It is is kinda ridiculous that it is missing since this is releasing so long after the X1 version. Really enjoying the game, but this is going to make grouping up a real pain.

It is is kinda ridiculous that it is missing since this is releasing so long after the X1 version. Really enjoying the game, but this is going to make grouping up a real pain.

Does the Xbox One version have a lot more content that we should expect to get in the future? Sounds like we just have the base game for now?

Huggers

Pre-ordered the physical copy. Couldn't resist. TLOU multiplayer whilst brilliant fun is too limited, hoping this has a bit more to it

Autofokus

Nice, are you able to play it on your EU account after re-downloading it?

When I get back I'll try the licence restore option before reinstalling it.

Sorry for my late reply. :/
Yes, I did start it with my main EU account. It wasn't fully installed, so I could only play some tutorial stuff.

They really need to patch your party member names in game. My friend and I can't see each other unless you get close. We didn't have this problem in the xbox one version. This is my goty.

Mrbob

So the PS4 version isn't feature parity with XB1? What the hell Popcap. 6 months late and behind.

They really need to patch your party member names in game. My friend and I can't see each other unless you get close. We didn't have this problem in the xbox one version. This is my goty.

I noticed that in some PS4 streams that player names dont show up unless your close to them. Wonder if theres a toggle to hangethat in the options.

vypek

I decided to try and redeem the code through the game instead of through PSN and the messages I got was:

"Crazy Dave is not ready to accept your code yet. Please try again."

EDIT: Decided to try my 12 digit amazon code on PSN but its glitching out on my system (problem with cursor and exiting out). Think I'll try later. Must be some back-end work going on. Will try again later and possibly email Amazon.

I decided to try and redeem the code through the game instead of through PSN and the messages I got was:

"Crazy Dave is not ready to accept your code yet. Please try again."

EDIT: Decided to try my 12 digit amazon code on PSN but its glitching out on my system (problem with cursor and exiting out). Think I'll try later. Must be some back-end work going on. Will try again later and possibly email Amazon.
I'm having the same problem with the codes and did the above and got the same message. I guess you only get the skins right now if you got the game digitally.

arimanius

Picked this up at lunch and played a quick garden match. Didn't really know what to expect besides people saying it's a fun game. It's was pretty fun. It just oozes character and everything was lag free and smooth.

Looking forward to putting many hours in this game.

Looks like you can't mute players at all until the round is over, unless I'm missing how to bring up the scoreboard midgame. Very annoying to hear some idiots with their camera mic just chatting to their mothers half the round.

FHIZ

Looks like you can't mute players at all until the round is over, unless I'm missing how to bring up the scoreboard midgame. Very annoying to hear some idiots with their camera mic just chatting to their mothers half the round.

Press the touch pad. (Unless you're playing PS3, and I assume it's the select button?)

Even then, I've had problems muting players during a game and having them stay muted.

I just got my copy from Amazon, I tried to redeem the code from within the games menu. It has a REDEEM CODE option. When you click it, before ever trying to enter a code, it says "There is no content. Its either not on sale yet, or might not no longer be for sale.."

I think we need to wait till the store updates, the content simply appears to not be in the system/store yet....

vypek

I'm having the same problem with the codes and did the above and got the same message. I guess you only get the skins right now if you got the game digitally.

Yeah. It looks like it. But I've been having a great time with the game anyways. Even when I lose or door way more poorly than I'd like. I think I've gotten my characters to level 3 so far and boss mode is actually really fun. This is probably going to be my go to multiplayer game.

I'm guessing the codes will work a little later on so I will have to try later. I turned off my PS4 for the moment since I'm running stuff on my computer, had blinds open for sunlight and didn't have a fun on. Gonna cool down the room and break for lunch and try the codes after that

vypek

SuperÑ;126151535 said:
I still haven't tried all the game modes but deathmatch until 50 is too short. Make it a 100.

This would be a nice option. Feels like it goes by too fast sometimes. A setting to change what preferred kill count you want would be awesome.

I just got my copy from Amazon, I tried to redeem the code from within the games menu. It has a REDEEM CODE option. When you click it, before ever trying to enter a code, it says "There is no content. Its either not on sale yet, or might not no longer be for sale.."

I think we need to wait till the store updates, the content simply appears to not be in the system/store yet....

Im pretty sure this is the reason. They usually update later on in the day.

SuperÑ;126151535 said:
I still haven't tried all the game modes but deathmatch until 50 is too short. Make it a 100.

Yeah, that's kind of a bummer to me as well. What it really does is encourage me to play Gardens and Graveyards more, since that's where the longer games are. I'd settle for them making the Welcome Mat mode the first-to-50 mode, and then have Team Vanquish be first-to-100. Honestly, despite its apparent newbs-only name I quite like Welcome Mat because it's a nice quick-match option and it gets rid of all the random customizations and upgrades (goodbye Z4 crossbow, whatever you are!).

It boggles my mind how some multiplayer games don't have party systems these days. Gaming has never been more social, yet we sometimes have to tell out friends what lobby we're in and hope there are enough spaces and that you are both on the same team.

Ridiculous.

Mindlog

Keep in mind it takes a while for the average player base to pick up nuance. I like the low score cap because it promotes waiting to be revived. Until the average player realizes that being revived removes a point from the enemy team it can screw with average game length.

When I first started playing the game I stuck to Classic modes. Then when you unlock a couple of good classes with the appropriate upgrades the variety in the regular mode means there's no turning back.

Z4 Crossbow is my favorite zombie soldier weapons :]
Followed by the Sky Trooper because that thing sounds awesome.

LtOrange

they'll patch it in, they just shipped teh base game it was the same way for xbox i think

there's a party system for co op though
Any confirmation on this? I am confused what is included and what isn't at this point. There are game modes that were DLC already included, but then certain features seem to be missing.

-MD-

Been saying Vanquish 50 kill cap was too short since I bought it a couple months ago. My matches are never more than 5 minutes.

Would love it if they bumped it up to 100.

vypek

Do all variant of characters do more damage or something? I have a berry shooter, power chomper and a citrus cactus but haven't tried using them yet.

-MD-

Do all variant of characters do more damage or something? I have a berry shooter, power chomper and a citrus cactus but haven't tried using them yet.

They all specialize in something different.

Berry shooter does more splash damage but has a slower fire rate, Citrus Cactus fires 3 round lower damage bursts instead of 1 shot etc.

Some do more damage but there's usually a trade off somewhere. I'd recommend to stick with classic modes until you unlock some variants and variant upgrades first.

jwk94

Guys, if you're having trouble redeeming a code, wait until the store is done updating. The codes probably haven't been activated yet.

Top Bottom