• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break |OT| We'll Be Right Back After This Commercial Break

Nick (aka Proto Jack Joyce) is the best character. Makes it worth choosing
___Hard Line___
in the first junction. Really enjoying Shawn Ashmore's performance too. Great to have a game starring a fellow Canadian!

Jarmel

Banned
I like the idea behind the TV show a lot. It works really well to give weight behind the decisions and flesh out characters in a way that doesn't come off as grating as if it had been done with video-game models. The scene with the Monarch guy going home would have been amazingly hokey if done with ingame models.

That said, the cinematography isn't exactly stelllar, the coloring isn't good as it uses this blue filter, and sometimes it just looks somewhat low budget. If there is a sequel to this, I hope they get some really high grade director to film the scenes.

I am shocked at how much I like the live action stuff. I thought at best it would be a supplementary thing and I'd see it as nothing more than that, but my enjoyment and engagement with the story is actually greater because of the live action stuff.

I definitely would recommend people to download the episodes. Streaming isn't exactly smooth.

Yeah streaming is rough and I have a good internet connection.

I just finished Episode 1 and had no issues with the streaming.

PrinceKee

I wish it was longer I beat it in under 12 hours.

Under 12 that's more than I expected. I wish devs would invest in longer single player experiences when there's no multiplayer. My sweet spot for is type of game is 12-15hrs. With that said I can't wait to play this tomorrow...

Bgamer90

Banned
The various forms of time manipulation make me wish this game had a multiplayer horde mode. The in-game combat is so much fun due to it.

Hawk269

I only got to Act 3 of the 1st Chapter and I am blown away. Graphically it looks amazing, but at times it also is a little rough. I know that may sound weird, but there is a shit ton of detail in the world they created and there is some incredible lighting and facial animations/character models, but at times you can tell the low resolution, but so far it is far more impressive than non-impressive.

I really encourage anyone playing this game to look around and take your time. I found a lot of little things hidden that could easily be missed and some of these things are pretty good story wise or how it connects to other Remedy games. I don't want to say too much due to spoilers.

While it is still early for me in the game, I am extremely impressed with the overall package, it does have some rough edges visually here and there so far, but the great/amazing makes up for a lot of the warts it has at times. Really impressed. I am also playing on hard, which for games like this I normally play on Normal, but I figured I will tackle this on hard. Have died a few times, but being smarter and using cover and been able to make it through so far.

I wish I could play more but have to be at work early in the morning. Hopefully the PC code comes so I can see what it looks like on my gaming rig.

Just got to the first "episode" of the show. The production of everything is very high quality. I had my reservations with this approach but honestly this just gives way more depth to the universe.

The gameplay is pretty great but I already knew it would be. My only surprise is that some of the graphical shortcomings are a bit more obvious than I thought they would be, while at the same time it delivers an overall amazing presentation. So you're left wondering how all this amazing stuff would look if the IQ was a bit better.

Hawk269

I do wish there was a film grain filter option. It is not overly used in this game, but given a choice I usually turn film grain to off.

derFeef

What is it with MS releases on PC that make people create threads over small issues? I mean, every game has it's issues, technical or design wise. And yeah, it's annoying and needs fixing, but come on...

RedRum

Banned
What is it with MS releases on PC that make people create threads over small issues? I mean, every game has it's issues, technical or design wise. And yeah, it's annoying and needs fixing, but come on...

It was extremely cringe-worthy to read through that thread that people would have to click the [x] rather than have a text quit option of the menu. I mean, it wasn't just gripes but legitimate hate.

derFeef

It was extremely cringe-worthy to read through that thread that people would have to click the [x] rather than have a text quit option of the menu. I mean, it wasn't just gripes but legitimate hate.

It will surpass (posts) this thread shortly... which says a lot about many things, really.

To be fair we don't know whether the "quit" button is a mishap or deliberate decision, but here on gaf people always tend to overblown small issues that in reality doesn't matter that much, especially when it comes to anything Microsoft. Criticizing UWP's limitations and walled garden approach is OK, I don't like it more than you are but saying the game performs like shit when no one with a reasonable rig (FX 8320 with a 980 wtf) got their hands on the game is just.. wow.

Hawk269

It will surpass (posts) this thread shortly... which says a lot about many things, really.

It is way past this thread in views as well. Kind of sad, just seems like one of those things that people like to dog pile on. I am not giving excuses for not having a quit button from the main menu, but I am sure that something like that will be fixed pretty quickly.

Can I ignore that show completely and just play the game? From what I understand, we need to download the episodes?
Then you'll have no idea what is going on later, they are key parts of the game that shouldn't be ignored. You can stream the show if you choose not to download it.

RedRum

Banned
I wonder if there's a chance that these videos would be put on youtube or the net somewhere for easier viewing.

Hawk269

I wonder if there's a chance that these videos would be put on youtube or the net somewhere for easier viewing.

They have multiple versions of each episode based on decisions you make in the game, so it would be kind of hard to know which video to watch if they just youtubed it. What do you mean easier viewing? You have a choice of downloading the videos to your Xbox One or you stream it to your Xbox One.

_Clash_

Installing.

Loving the impressions so far.

Hoping for hype gun play with pulp sci fi story.

The TV episodes out of curiosity and to add to the entertainment value (especially for the other party watching me play). Hopefully they add something to the spectacle

Dabanton

Jut watched the first episode of the show. Pretty good. I choose 'Hardline'

After reading about the streaming and worrying, mine was fine picture quality was good.

oatmeal

Banned
Oh fuck this is out!

-

Played the first act.

Fucking love it. Gunplay is outstanding, sound is amazing, story has me hooked.

QUESTION...When are those massive TV SHOW elements going to happen?

Xbudz

The TV show is really great quality. I enjoyed watching it so far.
Streaming worked just fine for me and looked great.

Made it to the start of Act 3, I am looking forward to getting home after work tomorrow to play more!

The effects are absolutely stunning! The gameplay is really fast and frantic when you're in firefights, I'm excited to upgrade the time powers for even better fights.

I am playing on Hard mode because I wan't this to last. I kinda wish there was a New Game
+ with the option to play again with all your powers unlocked. I'm sure that would break the progression though.

I'm really happy with Quantum Break so far though, and I hope to get that Windows 10 code asap.

The game is so obviously hinting at a new Alan Wake

Orca

Went into it pretty much blind and have been a little surprised by the combat. I was expecting a cover shooter but it's really more based in motion. Continually using the speed boost and slowdown to flank, the bubble to stop enemies or protect myself, and the shield as a last resort or to bust up groups. It'll be interesting to see what really good players can do with this kind of toolset for combat.

taco543

So I played the game without the show installed but didn't see any show stuff, do I have to go back and redo it now that I have installed to see it?

In-game QR code took me to website. Updated website and....

Unannounced project!!! plse.
PLQcwVe.png

Schnauzer

Are we talking about the sub 30 frames on a GTX 980 rumor?

Top Bottom