• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break |OT| We'll Be Right Back After This Commercial Break

All right I finished the act 1 and episode 1 this game is fantastict, the tv show it's great, I saw a lot of Microsoft ads on it lol

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
I wasn't gonna buy both consoles this generation. I really wasn't. I already own a PS4 and it serves me fine, and I don't need a second god damn console hogging space under my TV like last gen. I don't need to play Halo or Gears of War.

But god dang it. I'd really like to play Quantum Break.

nib95

Banned
What is it with MS releases on PC that make people create threads over small issues? I mean, every game has it's issues, technical or design wise. And yeah, it's annoying and needs fixing, but come on...

I get the thread title is about the quit option missing, which is a pretty funny omission in itself, but sub optimal performance even on a 980 at 1080p, definitely isn't a 'small issue'. I guess we'll know a little more about PC performance once more players are able to test it.

derFeef

I get the thread title is about the quit option missing, which is a pretty funny omission in itself, but sub optimal performance even on a 980 at 1080p, definitely isn't a 'small issue'. I guess we'll know a little more about PC performance once more players are able to test it.

Wasn't it revealed it's a with a shitty AMD CPU and a mobile 980?

SlickVic

Man I could've sworn that Amazon used to let you preorder up till the Sunday night before release and still let you lock you in release date delivery. Put in my order Sunday early morning and looks like it won't get here till Wednesday. I had some credit to burn so I went with them but would've been nice to have gotten it on release.

oti

Banned
I wasn't gonna buy both consoles this generation. I really wasn't. I already own a PS4 and it serves me fine, and I don't need a second god damn console hogging space under my TV like last gen. I don't need to play Halo or Gears of War.

But god dang it. I'd really like to play Quantum Break.

Not saying this is a system seller but I'm very glad I have an XBO to play this game.

I should have known the code would come late. :( I bought it on the NZ store, and I was hoping I'd get the PC code sooner, because I don't have an Xbox One. I assumed those Alan Wake codes were going to be redeemable and playable on my 360?

For those of you who have received codes from Microsoft in the past, will I be able to read the message on the Xbox website or through the Xbox app on Windows 10?

Also, kinda disappointed that the episode pack isn't available for the PC version either. :( If I don't have time to watch the episode at the time, is there some option to be able to watch the episode which reflects my choices from a menu or something?

oatmeal

Banned
Side note...
(Early Act 1 Spoilers)
Turning on that TV and seeing...ALAN WAKE??!?!?!??!?!?!?!

Huge grin.

nib95

Banned
Wasn't it revealed it's a with a shitty AMD CPU and a mobile 980?

Was it? I haven't seen it posted anywhere and I don't follow the guy on Twitter. His tweet certainly doesn't say it's a GTX mobile. But even a GTX 980M should blaze through the game, as it's not far off in performance to the standard GTX. To put it in to perspective, with Rainbow Six Seige at 1080p on Ultra, the same GPU gets 114fps average, and at the same settings, 90fps with Just Case 3 and 104fps with Battlefront, so sub 30fps would definitely be poorly optimised and still terrible performance in comparison.

PreFire

Fuck, I haven't turned my xbox one on in so long the first thing I'm greeted with is a 3.4 GB update lol

Really hope the game is longer than 14 hours though

derFeef

Was it? I haven't seen it posted anywhere and I don't follow the guy on Twitter. His tweet certainly doesn't say it's a GTX mobile. But even a GTX 980M should blaze through the game, as it's not far off in performance to the standard GTX. To put it in to perspective, with Rainbow Six Seige at 1080p on Ultra, the same GPU gets 114fps average, and at the same settings, 90fps with Just Case 3 and 104fps with Battlefront, so sub 30fps would definitely be poorly optimised and still terrible performance in comparison.

It should run better, yes. To me it sounds like an issue with vsync or framerate locks. Hopefully the PC version releases soon to everyone.

Someone dug out the guy's youtube page and saw the FX8320 thing I think, that could be the culprit here.

Fuck, I haven't turned my xbox one on in so long the first thing I'm greeted with is a 3.4 GB update lol

Remedy never had a game that's longer than 12 hours. TBH I think for a linear narrative game 10-12 hours is just about fine.

nib95

Banned

So glad I read this post lol. Just turned mine on and got the same update. Game should be with me in a few hours so I'd rather be prepared lol.

I should have known the code would come late. :( I bought it on the NZ store, and I was hoping I'd get the PC code sooner, because I don't have an Xbox One. I assumed those Alan Wake codes were going to be redeemable and playable on my 360?

For those of you who have received codes from Microsoft in the past, will I be able to read the message on the Xbox website or through the Xbox app on Windows 10?

Also, kinda disappointed that the episode pack isn't available for the PC version either. :( If I don't have time to watch the episode at the time, is there some option to be able to watch the episode which reflects my choices from a menu or something?

Yes you will be able to see the messages on the Xbox app and website

T.O.P

Banned
Can anyone confirm if the streaming quality is good enough especially compared to the downloadable episodes pack?

kennedy88

Neo Member
fAMb.png

jxDxx7v.png

:/

just talked with microsoft support

madmackem

First bit game looks great apart from the noise effect around everything it's a bit distracting at times, love the attention to detail though in the very first area.

sTiTcH AU

Just finished act 1 and watched the episode, so far has been excellent. The movement during combat isn't exactly the best however overall I am loving it and is a decent challenge on hard. The story is the best part so far.

Lima

Got to say not having a New York Minute style type of game mode in a game about time is a missed opportunity. At least there is NG+ I guess.

nib95

Banned
Someone dug out the guy's youtube page and saw the FX8320 thing I think, that could be the culprit here.

That's still a reasonable CPU though, and still better than what's in the Xbox One, which would be a highly underclocked, less capable equivalent.

Top Bottom