• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break |OT| We'll Be Right Back After This Commercial Break

jediyoshi

jxDxx7v.png

:/

just talked with microsoft support

The tweet is in reference to the game's availability in the store.

Yeah, bash UWP but don't bash the developers or the game. They way people are talking about it on here you'd think they were a shit developer. It's fucking remedy ffs.

Did Microsoft told Remedy to not add the exit button on the main screen?
I'm not trying to bash the devs, just wondering.

G_Berry

Banned
The combat is a lot better than I was ecpecting. Going from the reviews and videos, I thought it would be janky. It's not perfect but it's super fun.
Yeah, people laughing at one aiming gif and shitting all over the game never helps.

Lack of a proper Exit Game option is an UWP thing, just click the X on the windows corner to shut down properly.

Exit button is present in Killer Instinct though...

That's still a reasonable CPU though, and still better than what's in the Xbox One, which would be a highly underclocked, less capable equivalent.

It still bottlenecks a 980 level GPU significantly, in CPU heavy applications a modern i5 could be up to 50% faster. Either way we should stay cautious till ourself got hands on the game.

Trup1aya

Preloaded the game last night. Woke up to find it missing from "my games and apps"

I was ready to be like "GG MS"

But I went to the Xbox store, and it let me launch the game from there. So weird.

dc89

Picked the game up for £22 at Sainsburys thanks to the Nectar double up promotion they're doing.

Installing it now.

Pretty weird watching twitch streams of peopel playing our game here at the studio.

Windows10 version should be out in the store around 6am PST.

Theorry

Pretty weird watching twitch streams of peopel playing our game here at the studio.

You know what is going on with the gamedvr on Xbox? Screens, clips dont show up on the activity feed etc. Cant share them now.

Chris1

Really liking it so far.

The TV parts are better than I expected them to be and the acting is good. Gameplay is really good minus the bad cover system but it's more fun just going all out and using your powers anyway so I can overlook that. Story is awesome so far but some of the dialogue is pretty cheesy.

Holy shit the graphics though, easily the best looking game I've played.

Yager

Banned
But does the Xbox One version has the quit option in the menu? Or do I have to buy a Kinect and move the cursor to the corner of the screen?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Hoping this is an obvious question, but you can pause the TV shows right? What if I need to quit in the middle of an episode - can I resume? assume I have to quit the application because my son is playing Fifa :)

mocoworm

But does the Xbox One version has the quit option in the menu? Or do I have to buy a Kinect and move the cursor to the corner of the screen?

Press the guide button, this takes you to dash.

Then press the menu button on the main tile. You will already be on it by default. Then select 'quit'.

sam777

How does this work exactly?

I work on a retail park with Sainsburys on it.
Your nectar points double e.g. £10 worth of Nectar points double to £20. See the customer service desk before purchase and tell them you want to double up in the gaming category.

I am off to Sainsbury's to get it this way.

Edit: Today is the last day of the double up promotion

Trup1aya

The game looks great... But the pixelated haze around the characters when they move is a bit distracting. I guess it's an artifact of the temporal reconstruction?

Edit: also, Slow Walk! Why do TPS devs love slow walk sections? Time is of the essence! Get some pep in your step! Allowing the player character to move freely, but having him follow a slow moving character is just as bad.

Other than that, loving it so far

Lima

Guys, it was a joke :/

Not very funny. No need to be an ass about it. As if a quit option missing is the end of the world. The fact alone that someone created a new thread for it smfh.

Be happy that you can play this on PC at all.

pitchfork

Finished Act 1 and absolutely hooked! love it!

Edit - Also, please tell me the
Alan Wake sequel trailer on the campus
is real *begs*

Yager

Banned
Not very funny. No need to be an ass about it. As if a quit option missing is the end of the world. The fact alone that someone created a new thread for it smfh.

I was making fun of the people that take that "lack of option" so seriously, like a lot of posters in that thread. Damn if people are oversensitive at times. And no, I won't be playing this on PC, I'll do it in my Xbox.

This is kind of it with Xbox One games on PC, we should be grateful that they're here at all, even if there are some issues.

Jarmel

Banned
Game looks amazing at times, especially during some of the shifts. I had one firefight where a guy is frozen midair spinning with those orange trail lights behind him, two guys frozen midair from a blast, and two separate guys dashing all over the place trying to flank me.

The combat is probably the best Remedy has ever done, and that includes Max Payne. It doesn't play like a cover shooter at all especially on some of the harder battles and reminds me more of Mass Effect 2 with Vanguards. I'm just dashing all over the place throwing biotic bubbles.

I just unlocked the higher tiers for the abilities so the battles should become even more fun. This totally needs a horde mode ala American Nightmare.

Kezen

Banned

Sorry but people are allowed to have standards. It's a business, they sell a product after all and bearing that in mind it's only natural to have reasonable expectations.

Hopefully this will be patched in a timely fashion.

nib95

Banned
The game looks great... But the pixelated haze around the characters when they move is a bit distracting. I guess it's an artifact of the temporal reconstruction?

Edit: also, Slow Walk! Why do TPS devs love slow walk sections? Time is of the essence! Get some pep in your step! Allowing the player character to move freely, but having him follow a slow moving character is just as bad.

Other than that, loving it so far

I actually usually enjoy slow walk sections lol. Gives you a moment to appreciate the art, surroundings, visuals etc. So long as they're not too numerous, there's a good reason for them, or it leaves you with a good amount of visual and audio material to digest.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Man you can't blame people for asking when Microsoft has given no definite info.

They have. The Win 10 codes will be sent out from 5th of April to 10th of April, the Alan Wake codes from 12th of April to 15th of April. That tweet that keeps getting posted just says that the Win 10 version will be available for purchase within 24 hours, not the free codes for that version. I would be expecting the free codes around the weekend because Microsoft doesn't want to kill their PC sales with free codes spamming Ebay.

ultimota

just wanted to share that i just finished the game on normal took me 12 and a half hours (i assume it includes time spent in the tv show maybe?)

solid length so very happy with that.

loved the game play

loved the story :D

hope we get more :)

Top Bottom