• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break |OT| We'll Be Right Back After This Commercial Break

Trup1aya

I actually usually enjoy slow walk sections lol. Gives you a moment to appreciate the art, surroundings, visuals etc. So long as they're not too numerous, there's a good reason for them, or it leaves you with a good amount of visual and audio material to digest.

Yeah, but they make replays a chore. The funny thing is, I always like to slow down and appreciate the art and detail, but it's really annoying when a game FORCES me to.

Genio88

They have. The Win 10 codes will be sent out from 5th of April to 10th of April, the Alan Wake codes from 12th of April to 15th of April. That tweet that keeps getting posted just says that the Win 10 version will be available for purchase within 24 hours, not the free codes for that version. I would be expecting the free codes around the weekend because Microsoft doesn't want to kill their PC sales with free codes spamming Ebay.

Well if that's true then screw it, i'm gonna play it on Xbox One and then i'll do a second run on PC to try the other choices and unlock all the achievements...I can't wait until week end to play it waiting for the PC version

Having the game out makes me think back to 2013, before we even knew what the next Xbox was going to be. Found this old thread where SuperDAE (remember him?) said Alan Wake 2 was not in development, but instead an "untitled shooter for PC and Durango" was Remedy's next project. The Xbox One reveal with Quantum Break would be the next month. Those were definitely interesting times...

Jobbs

Banned
How's the shooting in the game?

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but shooting mechanics/gunfeel/etc are very important to me when deciding whether to buy a shooter

If I get it, I'm going to play it on XB1, the PC version sounds hairy

Played through the first few sequences of Act 1, and I'm super impressed. All of that talk about the resolution, and to me it just looks stunning in motion. Character models are some of the best ever.

Once you start getting time powers the game becomes pretty incredible. Also refreshing to have a focused narrative-driven game for a change.

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but shooting mechanics/gunfeel/etc are very important to me when deciding whether to buy a shooter

Good to great, the sense of impact is strong, weapons have reasonably realistic recoil, ragdoll and hit reaction are great.

Norse360

Just finished Act 1... Wow, I'm in love. It has gotten a lot of negativity from places I respect (like Giant Bomb), but judging from the little I've played I don't get why they are so down on this.

Genio88

To me it's awesome, pretty fast and funny, also very engaging even on normal difficulty, you always have to move and use your powers to succeed, which make every battle funny and spectacular

Just finished Act 1... Wow, I'm in love. It has gotten a lot of negativity from places I respect (like Giant Bomb), but judging from the little I've played I don't get why they are so down on this.

Agreed. Although a lot of Giantbomb reviews I've disagreed with in the past. A lot of the guys over there just don't vibe with me unfortunately. But I respect their opinions. Everyone likes different things.

But yeah, I'm on the first Junction section and I'm absolutely in love with it so far.

Same. If the rest of the game is as consistent then I know I'm going to enjoy it. It actually feels like I'm playing a TV series or something. I thought it'd just be actors talking in cutscenes, didn't expect full on action sequences and car chases.

_Clash_

Game is super cool. Much immersion.

Finished act 1 and the episode along with it. Looking forward to playing soon and comboing time powers.

Theorry

But QB twitter said this?

"Quantum Break ‏@QuantumBreak
For pre-orders on Xbox One and http://Xbox.com , your codes will also start going out for Win10 and Alan Wake + DLC tomorrow as well!"

nib95

Banned
Yes, my copy finally arrived. Not early like normal, but I ordered this one on eBay for cheap with a discount code instead of my usual etailers, so can't complain. Retail, came with all the DLC. Now waiting for this 4.2GB update...

Trup1aya

The action is really satisfying, but I feel like the shooting mechanics are designed to force you to use your time powers.

The aim-assist that accompanies zoom function strongly favors shots to the chest, so it takes a bit of extra concentration to land headshots with the pistol.

LTWheels

The action is really satisfying, but I feel like the shooting mechanics are designed to force you to use your time powers.

The aim-assist that accompanies zoom function strongly favors shots to the chest, so it takes a bit of extra concentration to land headshots with the pistol.

That does make sense as they want you to have to use the powers. Otherwise there is no point to them.

_Clash_

I had a moment to reflect on Act 1.

Came to the conclusion this is a pretty slick cross media product. Unique and creative. And super stylish.

And the gunplay is a thrill.

If you're on the fence I reckon this game deserves your attention.

sTiTcH AU

Half way through act 2 and starting to get really intense with the gun battles, really have to keep up the movement and not waste your time powers (playing on hard). I know it's early but damn, could be my GOTY.

Trup1aya

That does make sense as they want you to have to use the powers. Otherwise there is no point to them.

Oh yeah it makes perfect sense, and I enjoy it a lot (as I do with all remedy games). But if people were expecting a more 1:1 input-response they might find it off putting.

ViciousDS

Banned
I pre-ordered at bestbuy, do we usually getting he bonus pre-order code on the receipt?

if its not a in case code type deal, they usually email it to your account if you used on site to in store. I think all in store purchases do get it printed on the receipt. Don't follow my word for the in store purchases. I only use on site to in store.

Zyae

The gunplay feels great And all of your guns have impact so it'd very satisfying. You also can't sit in cover as enemies work to flank you at all times.

if its not a in case code type deal, they usually email it to your account if you used on site to in store. I think all in store purchases do get it printed on the receipt. Don't follow my word for the in store purchases. I only use on site to in store.

just checked bestbuy foru, they say the codes are emailed 24-48 hours after the game is picked up in store

You guys are not making the work day go any quicker, and it just started :(

Can't wait to get home and play, early impressions from everyone here sounds extremely good, in Remedy we trust!

Just fired it up and I am exploring the whole environment and I keep finding plenty of items to read. I love it when developers put extra stuff in the game like this. You know, like those emails between Paul and Jack, it's the small stuff that counts.

Did anybody actually get Alan Wake? I thought all pre-order bonuses got switched out, due to the different PEGI rating between QB and AW. Amazon switched my pre-order bonus to Kameo, which I already have.

I got Alan Wake:AN - I've already got it though, so if anyone wants it, feel free.

Quote to reveal

All you folks loving the first act, your gonna love what the rest of the game has in store. :)

Then I am definitely going to love it, because I am already enjoying it and I am only reading emails and exploring around do to see and read stuff. The action hasn't even started yet.

Loving the clean look of this game, I'm on a 55 incher here and I barely see any aliasing. I could have done without the film grain though.

Top Bottom