• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break |OT| We'll Be Right Back After This Commercial Break

It's not as bad for me as its for you, but I do agree with how you describe it. It's not input lag but it just isn't perfect by any means either. Can't deny I have troubles with this too

Yeah it's a little hard to explain, but in a game like The Division (Another TPS, and most TPS behave like it anyway) I can aim the cross hair at any point I see with the same level of speed and accuracy. With QB, it takes a second to move, stuttering as it moves and even then doesn't seem to want to stop where I want to aim.

GTAV had a similar feel on Lastgen/Nextgen but on the PC at 60fps the issue went away and the game felt great. I was hoping to try that with QB if the aiming was gonna be problematic but it seems like the PC version isn't in good enough shape anyway.

I had the same problem with Rise of the Tomb Raider.

What about the First reboot game in 2013? I assume they both feel similar (I haven't played Rise cause honestly I really disliked the first one overall) and in that one I actually never had an issue with aiming. Weird.

TheZink

What about the First reboot game in 2013? I assume they both feel similar (I haven't played Rise cause honestly I really disliked the first one overall) and in that one I actually never had an issue with aiming. Weird.

I had more of a problem with the new one. I reduced the sensitivity a bit and it did help though. Before I did that I always over aimed.

Yeah it's a little hard to explain, but in a game like The Division (Another TPS, and most TPS behave like it anyway) I can aim the cross hair at any point I see with the same level of speed and accuracy. With QB, it takes a second to move, stuttering as it moves and even then doesn't seem to want to stop where I want to aim.

GTAV had a similar feel on Lastgen/Nextgen but on the PC at 60fps the issue went away and the game felt great. I was hoping to try that with QB if the aiming was gonna be problematic but it seems like the PC version isn't in good enough shape anyway.

Yeah it's quite odd. Especially when you look at the two Max Payne games and Alan Wake where the aiming was fine. Maybe they'll fine tune it.

I'll try the other aiming options now, but I rather have zero aiming assist.

BraXzy

It's been stated countless times that the store doesn't support preloading yet and that will come in the stepstone summer update.

Also absolute joke that they haven't send you the code in advance yeah? So you can just cancel your Xbox pre-order then and have the game for free?

Don't force your storefront if it doesn't have basic features that should exist within the service. If I want to download the game and the videos it'll take an age with the size of it.

I paid for the game in full, you can't digitally preorder without paying, what are you even on about?

malfcn

Managed to get the only steel book my GameStop had, can't wait to play this later.

Oh that's pretty.

Quantum_Steelbook_bonusLG.jpg

Wish BBY had those.

Pretty sure I hit a progression halting bug in Act 2, Part 2?
During the bridge/crane collapse sequence, I am repeatedly killed entering what is clearly the main area that I'm supposed to be headed to after climbing a bunch of boxes and facing what looks like a giant boat rotor in the middle. Like, I walk in and Joyce says "Not again" and then I am dead.
Annnd the game just crashed to dashboard.

Pretty sure I hit a progression halting bug in Act 2, Part 2?
During the bridge/crane collapse sequence, I am repeatedly killed entering what is clearly the main area that I'm supposed to be headed to after climbing a bunch of boxes and facing a what looks like a giant boat rotor in the middle. Like, I walk in and Joyce says "Not again" and then I am dead.

Use
LB to run through

For some reason whenever I aim down the sights it defaults back to aiming over my left shoulder, no matter how many times I click the right stick in to move it to the other side. A tiny complain but it's really annoying me for some reason.

Lima

Don't force your storefront if it doesn't have basic features that should exist within the service. If I want to download the game and the videos it'll take an age with the size of it.

But they do force it. They will have those features soon but don't have them now. There is nothing you can do about it but hey continue to complain about something that gets changed soon if it floats your boat.

I paid for the game in full, you can't digitally preorder without paying, what are you even on about?

And in your scenario where you want the key early to preload the PC version you could also call MS and cancel your pre-order for the Xbox version. The customer rep then might not even know about the Win10 code promotion and let you keep the PC version for free. I mean dude there is a reason they send out these codes after the release.

So far i'm really enjoying it. I had absolutely no expectations for the game, but I loved Alan Wake and Max Payne 2. I'm also really liking the in game episodes.

Kinda random question, but I could have sworn Gamestop was offering steelbooks for the game if you pre-ordered. I didn't get one when I picked it up today, I wonder if my Gamestop only had a few to give out?

So, just played through part 2 of act 2 again and I'm still having the same issue.
He keeps dying as I enter the main after completing what appears to be the whole segment..
Edit:
Just looked up this bit on Youtube, I'm doing everything properly, the game is literally killing me for no reason.
Edit Party 2:
So I noticed I was getting a loading icon in the bottom lefthand side of the screen, I waited it out (20-35 seconds) and when it disappeared I was able to proceed.

Time of order

Rad, thanks!

I think I just finished Act 3 and I have to say I'm not really feeling the story, it has some interesting ideas but the actual writing is off. I especially dislike the amount of narration that goes over everything, we've got Jack's internal thoughts, his future discussions with whoever is interrogating him, and whoever he happens to be talking to in real time usually over an ear-piece all going on at once. Like, can I just play and figure shit out on my own?

Strootman

I think I just finished Act 3 and I have to say I'm not really feeling the story, it has some interesting ideas but the actual writing is off. I especially dislike the amount of narration that goes over everything, we've got Jack's internal thoughts, his future discussions with whoever is interrogating him, and whoever he happens to be talking to in real time usually over an ear-piece all going on at once. Like, can I just play and figure shit out on my own?

Also there are way too many emails to read.

Ushay

Played the first act, this game has mind blowingly good visuals. My jaw was slack the whole way through.

Holy shit Remedy.

xRaizen

This too, WAY too many. It's gets annoying when you've got an AI partner trying to hurry you along and I'm like, "wait there are like 20 emails I gotta read through first."
And then you get some emails that are like fucking essays. I don't mind reading them but the AI is so annoying.

ResoRai

Isn't the feeling aim acceleration?

dedhead54

Still waiting on my preorder from Amazon. USPS usually has come to my apartment complex by this time so I'm actually starting to wonder if I am going to get screwed and not get it today. I'm so excited to play this game.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I'm at the middle of act 2 I think. Game is so far fantastic. I'll continue to play tomorrow. Hopefully screenshots can finally be shared then.

Theorry

This stream is the most stupid one i have ever seen. They were talking about 720p but said Remedy did a trick so that its 1080p using the cloud like Crackdown and thats why your going to need to be online. Its just....

https://www.twitch.tv/ign

Has anyone on PC figured how to screencap/record? I use Mirillis Action and Shadowplay. Does Windows have its own tools for that?

Top Bottom