• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break |OT| We'll Be Right Back After This Commercial Break

For anyone having trouble with aiming, I had this too. But changing aim sensitivity to 40% and keeping aim and time power assist off/disabled has made it much better for me.

Man I LOVE to use Time Dodge towards a enemy and how he bumps into him and then shooting the shit out of him, haha.

I heard about getting the PC version as well as the Xbox One version if you pre-order the game. I'm guessing that's just if you pre-order it off the Xbox One store digitally right?

ShutterMunster

I turned off the aiming assists before I even jumped in. I had turned my sensitivity up to 70 thinking it would be slow, but I ended up turning it back down to 50. There's still something a little janky about it all. I miss time slowdown throws sometimes, it'll just go past someone for some reason, but overall I find the shooting to be solid.

These enemies are BULLET SPONGES THOUGH. Holy christ! I'll light a dude up with an assault rifle and he staggers and starts shooting back. It's unbelievable. I enjoy taking on the guys who can time dash around though. It really forces you to use your powers and it adds a cat + mouse feel to the encounters.

Uhyve

I wonder when PC codes are going out for pre-orders. Wanted to play on Windows but the wait is killing me...
Same, I saw some people on reddit received them 2 days ago. Has anyone here? Maybe it's a regional thing, I'm in the UK. Weirdly I did get American Nightmare instead of Kameo contrary to what it says in the OP, no Alan Wake yet though.

I heard about getting the PC version as well as the Xbox One version if you pre-order the game. I'm guessing that's just if you pre-order it off the Xbox One store digitally right?
Yeah, I believe it's just for preorders.

Same, I saw some people on reddit received them 2 days ago. Has anyone here? Maybe it's a regional thing, I'm in the UK. Weirdly I did get American Nightmare instead of Kameo contrary to what it says in the OP, no Alan Wake yet though.

Ahh that's a shame. I pre-ordered the game but I got a physical copy. Tbf not sure how that would work if you had a physical copy anyway. Senior moment!

jackdoe

Dominic Monaghan's and Aidan Gillen's American accents are really taking me out of the experience. Monaghan's accent especially. There's just something off about them.

etta

my hard graphic balls
From the screenshot thread, holy shit at the lighting...

screenshot-original-1ruos1.png

EvB

Dominic Monaghan's and Aidan Gillen's American accents are really taking me out of the experience. Monaghan's accent especially. There's just something off about them.

Dominic Monaghan's American accent just slips into English enough to be annoying,

Aiden Gillen is the man of many terrible accents but his American one isn't so bad. As when it slips , it's slips into an irish accent, which is like the original American accent anyway.

Dominic Monaghan's American accent just slips into English enough to be annoying,

Aiden Gillen is the man of many terrible accents but his American one isn't so bad. As when it slips , it's slips into an irish accent, which is like the original American accent anyway.

And he's badass, so it's OK.

Yeah it's incredible, I've literally seen a 720p jaggy once.

That intro sequence is like the original E3 Demo for Watchdogs, only REAL

It really is the lighting that makes it so impressive. Global Illumination is the real deal and it looked AMAZING in Fable Legends as well. I can't wait to see more games use it.

Mideon

That is people getting the Xbox Digital code from the retailer CDKeys I don't think it's people getting the extra PC version code.

MaulerX

Just finished act 1. The special effects in this game are insane. Wow. So much going on on screen at times.... If these are the benefits of reconstructive techniques then I'm all in for the trade off. If I didn't already know this game was 720p I would have never guessed it. Hats off to Remedy.

ElRenoRaven

Ok 2nd act and 2nd episode done. I am without a doubt digging the story & game. It's like a cross between Max Payne, Alan Wake, with a hint of Fringe like scifi thrown in. I'm so glad I bought this game.

nib95

Banned
Coming off of the back of Black Ops 3, holy shit this looks great. The opening blew me away. Yes ok, it's basically not much else but walk and talk and press the odd button, but I still love the way it all flows and looks artistically. As someone who takes great pleasure in just admiring and analysing assets, geometry, textures, structures etc, it's a real feast for the eyes. Shame about the lack of sharpness and weird ghosting, but at least it's very clean. I do find the mid range character LOD is a bit less well managed than up close and far distance, but not the end of the world. Opening very much reminded me of Half Life 1 minus the aliens, and only next genified lol.

GravyButt

Was supposed to be delivered today. Tracking number went from its normal at usps hub stuff to just a blank "in transit " and my mail was delivered today. Grrrr

derFeef

First show pisode and I am having an issue with the framerate... it's really low, like every second frame is skipped. I downlaoded the episode pack if that's important. :(

Has anyone on PC figured how to screencap/record? I use Mirillis Action and Shadowplay. Does Windows have its own tools for that?

Try Open Broadcaster and screen capture, should work!

robotrock

Banned
Couldn't wait around for Microsoft to send me my PC code so I just booted up my Xbox and played a good hour.

Awesome awesome awesome. The gunplay is some good ass punchy Remedy shit, the sound design is on some DICE caliber, and all the time travel hijinx seem brilliant.

P-A-U-L S-E-R-E-N-E

It's a sad day when the PC performance thread is getting more hits than than the OT. :/

Anyways, just about done installing. Probably will play a chapter a night like Alan Wake, not to rush the game and take in the scenery. Almost Time!

EvB

It's a sad day when the PC performance thread is getting more hits than than the OT. :/

Anyways, just about done installing. Probably will play a chapter a night like Alan Wake, not to rush the game and take in the scenery. Almost Time!

The Quantum Break doesn't have a quit option thread got more hits than the OT

Just shows people enjoy the thought of the game being broken than actually playing it

Top Bottom