• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break |OT| We'll Be Right Back After This Commercial Break

Saw on Twitter some YouTubers saying game completed in four hours ?? Can't be right surely. I'm at Act 3 well over four hours without watching any of the TV stuff or reading much of the collectables

EvB

Some of the body language stuff would have been totally lost in motion cap. "Do I look threatened to you?" would absolutely not have worked with CGI models.

Especially his character who looks all awkward and robotic in the in game stuff

Gestault

Saw on Twitter some YouTubers saying game completed in four hours ?? Can't be right surely. I'm at Act 3 well over four hours without watching any of the TV stuff or reading much of the collectables

That frankly sounds made up, from all the user/reviewer accounts I've seen so far, including skipped cutscene playthroughs. I suppose I'll know for sure by the end of the night.

PreFire

What's this quantum break episode pack? It's been downloading since yesterday, still at 30%.

Is this
the same movie type scenes you see in the game after act 1? But in HD? When I saw the first cinematic scene (pretty awesome and different btw) I could tell it was sub 720p. Maybe my internet buffering sucks while downloading the 75GB of episode packs

jet1911

What's this quantum break episode pack? It's been downloading since yesterday, still at 30%.

Is this
the same movie type scenes you see in the game after act 1? But in HD? When I saw the first cinematic scene (pretty awesome and different btw) I could tell it was sub 720p. Maybe my internet buffering sucks while downloading the 75GB of episode packs

Yes same thing.

Just started act 2

I posted this in the history of time travel thread a few days ago.

"He says he can't travel back in time since the machine has to have activated which is the point in the clip, does anyone think thats when someone from the future came back since it was activated for the first time? A little bit of electromagnetc interference there when he gets an "intruder""

Now I hear that Paul traveled back 17 years which explains the video in 1999.

Sometimes I hate thinking of theories!

Thread in question with video. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=199614888&posted=1#post199614888

Epcott

You got the codes via email or Xbox message

I received American Nightmare via email and Xbox message.

Do you get both games for pre-ordering on XB1 store? I thought so too, but I was only sent a code for American Nightmare as well.

I preordered through Xbox store, but like you, was only sent that one code, which I activated. Oh well... I thought you get both but I guess not.

The codes for American Nightmare are sent via Xbox Live messages, and as far as I know, the Alan Wake codes haven't gone out yet.

Whew! Ok, mystery solved!

How long is QB by the way? I'm tempted to play again, but I don't want to plow through it in one sitting.

nib95

Banned
Anyone know how to get that Cronos piece before you time stop the gate? Inside the building with the closed doors.

ElRenoRaven

Anyone know how to get that Cronos piece before you time stop the gate? Inside the building with the closed doors.

It's after you get that one. You'll have to jump on some train cars. You can get to the building from there and then climb down a hole in the roof.

Left bumper..... That's it.... If you aim after the dash you enter a brief bullet time. Just remember.... You can't spam it

Ahh I knew it was left bumper but I was aiming after I did that so I did not move fast. Thanks a bunch I was just being stupid with the controls.

Man once you get the powers down it makes killing these guys so satisfying.

styl3s

Stream was silky smooth and looked like 1080p. Super sharp. Very impressed.
Awesome to hear it means i don't have to delete anything. I need to get another drive i used this one for Wii-U because i don't play my xbox that much boy do games eat HDD space up QUICK :O

golem

It's after you get that one. You'll have to jump on some train cars. You can get to the building from there and then climb down a hole in the roof.

I hate how some are after a section where they are teased and some are during. Make up your mind. Missed one already this way.

This game is really good. Animations are superb,good acting, and the story is very interesting. What surprised me the most is how fun the gunplay is too. This game having a 78 on metacritic is criminal.

Per the QB Twitter account, W10 codes for digital 'Bone preorders will be going out in waves over the next 7-10 days. As far as I can tell, no one has started to receive them yet.

I don't think i'll ever do one of these cross buy deals on xbox again if that's the case (unless they begin doing it day-of). That's way too long of a time span.

tuna_love

Banned
does anyone think xbox would give me a refund if I said I was gonna buy the pc version. waiting up to 10 days is kinda fucked up

The Argus

Should I play on Hard or Medium? Generally I play third person shooters on Hard but past Remedy games have been pretty cheap at times and it's really no fun ending up at a bad auto save with little ammo and tons of enemies spawning.

More importantly does it make it a better game (like TLoU, not Uncharted) when you jump from medium to hard?

Mufc1427

Should I play on Hard or Medium? Generally I play third person shooters on Hard but past Remedy games have been pretty cheap at times and it's really no fun ending up at a bad auto save with little ammo and tons of enemies spawning.

More importantly does it make it a better game (like TLoU, not Uncharted) when you jump from medium to hard?
Hard. Medium its really easy.

Like manageable as in actually manageable or manageable as in you guys play everything else on Hard and you're great at third person shooters manageable.

I play halo, cod, etc sp and mp frequently. I don't want the game bs-ing on me though, so is hard still fun without bs?

Edit - see the post right above me posted at same time :)

Picked up the white quantum break bundle, and I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but did they change the console for this bundle at all? The blu ray drive seems quiter than my sunset overdrive bundled xbox one and the gloss top is now matte.

Doffen

TY1SXU2.png

Top Bottom