• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quentin Tarantino Thread of- Foot Fetishes, Tipping and Ezekiel 25:17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I may watch Deathproof again for the Mary Elizabeth Winstead goodness.

90738_arx1174349468u_122_643lo.jpg

Death Proof was sooooo bad, that whole bit of foreshadowing with the legs was way too much.
If the chicks didn't kill him in the end
the whole movie would've been a complete waste of time, but because
they did
it was only somewhat redeemed.

I'm a fan of most of his movies, but this one was just way too long and way too bad.

Ryck

Ah thanks for the clarification on TR I have always loved that movie. I am downloading the Tarantino cut ... Im really pumped to see it didn't know it existed.

Also: Op this thread is amazing good work!

gdt

Saw the trailer for Inglorious Basterds in front of Funny People.

The audience really loved it.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Love Tarantino. Dude is just real with it and doesn't give a fuck.
Pulp fiction is still one of the greatest movies I've ever seen. I approve of this thread.

My aunt-in-law was QT's inspiration for the Jungle Julia character in Death Proof. She was also one of the "girls with guns" in Jackie Brown.

jakncoke

Banned
thumbs up to this thread, QT is fucking awesome. I need to watch the Kill Bills, the evaded my eye throughout time and I think it's about time I watch them

Amneziak

aka The Hound
GDGF said:
This man makes me proud to have a foot fetish.
Amen, brother.

Although, he seems to like them a bit on the unkempt side (Sydney's in Death Proof, Bridget's in Jackie Brown, and Uma's... ugh).

I won't lie though--I'd still go to town on all of them.

EzLink

Banned
GDGF said:
This man makes me proud to have a foot fetish.

Fuck yes!

Watched Pulp Fiction for the first time today. SLJ's character was perhaps the most fucking badass person in movie history. When I first finished the movie, I sort of didn't know what the fuck I just watched. The more I've reflected on it though, the more I want to watch it again before it's due back in a week. The dialogue was just incredible, and now that I know what happens I think I'll be able to pick up on some details I missed in the first go.

bolbronx

Jibril said:
Also in:
  • Reservoir Dogs
  • Deathproof
  • Four rooms

Here for more: http://www.tarantino.info/wiki/index.php/Quentin_Tarantino's_Trademarks#Big_Kahuna_Burger

OP has everything. :D

Hey, thanks. Didn't even notice that link in the OP.

Now i watched Death Proof for the first time. And i have to say im kinda disappointed.
I thought the dialogue was missing something, cant put my finger on what though.

I loved the stunt work and the reversal of roles in the end, but i'm not entirely happy about this one. Maybe i need to watch it a few times more.

I remember when i watched Pulp Fiction for the first time, i wasn't crazy about that one either. But it grew on me each time i watched it, and now its my favorite movie.
Guess i'll give DP another go then

Tonay

Banned
EzLink said:
Fuck yes!

Watched Pulp Fiction for the first time today. SLJ's character was perhaps the most fucking badass person in movie history. When I first finished the movie, I sort of didn't know what the fuck I just watched. The more I've reflected on it though, the more I want to watch it again before it's due back in a week. The dialogue was just incredible, and now that I know what happens I think I'll be able to pick up on some details I missed in the first go.

There is a ridiculous amount of stuff in that film that you won't pick up on the first viewing. Check out the book called Tarantino by Jim Smith, it's an excellent analysis of all of the films he's been involved in.

I still need to check out his episode of E.R..

He did an episode of CSI which was fantastic, one of the best episodes of that show ever.

Tonay

Banned
Woah, I'm really looking forward to checking out that True Romance Tarantino cut. There was a lot in that aforementioned book about the changes from script to screen, really looking forward to seeing it for myself.

In light of so many remakes being made these days, I think it would be really cool if Tarantino were to direct his own script of Natural Born Killers. I love Stone's version, really love it (I think he made it his own with that amazing direction), but it'd be cool to see how it was originally meant to be.

EzLink said:
Fuck yes!

The whole conversation between Jules and Vincent in the car about whoppers and leading up to the door with the foot massage is absolutely fantastic. And then they top it with the most bad ass scene ever. "Does he look like a bitch!?". Too good.

Don't miss Jackie Brown. Fantastic movie. Kill Bill 1 and 2 you could love or hate. They're different, but still so Tarantino. And expect lot's of OTT violence and gore. More than you can imagine.

harSon

Banned
Tonay said:
Woah, I'm really looking forward to checking out that True Romance Tarantino cut. There was a lot in that aforementioned book about the changes from script to screen, really looking forward to seeing it for myself.

Plan on watching it tonight myself

Max

I am not Max
I've had the TR Tarantino Cut for a long time now, I think I might finally watch it tonight.

Still haven't seen Jackie Brown either

YYZ

Watched True Romance: The Tarantino Cut yesterday.

I enjoyed it, I'll probably watch it again (maybe just the director's cut) some time soon to see if I really like it. Best scene is obviously the Sicilian scene, but also Arquette/Gandolfini, Penn and Sizemore were good together too. Wasn't as cool as Pulp Fiction, to me.

harSon

Banned
YYZ said:
Watched True Romance: The Tarantino Cut yesterday.

I enjoyed it, I'll probably watch it again (maybe just the director's cut) some time soon to see if I really like it. Best scene is obviously the Sicilian scene, but also Arquette/Gandolfini, Penn and Sizemore were good together too. Wasn't as cool as Pulp Fiction, to me.

Haven't seen it in quite a while but I recall the scene between Gary Oldman and Christian Slater being quite awesome.

YYZ

harSon said:
Haven't seen it in quite a while but I recall the scene between Gary Oldman and Christian Slater being quite awesome.
God, yes. I didn't even realize that was Oldman. What a brilliant job by him. It blows my mind that that was Gary Oldman :lol

That Drexell character pissed me off so much. When he gets shot in the balls, I could feel Clarence's satisfaction.

Max

I am not Max
Wow after watching that "Mind of" video I now believe that Mia Wallace is Beatrix Kiddo.

Mind blown.

ive always considered myself a QT fan, but i really only liked res. dogs and pulp fiction. Pulp is probably one of my top 3 favourite movies, and res. dogs was a masterpiece. these are the only two though :(

i absolutely hated kill bill 1 and 2, HATED both of them to death, deathproof was kinda crappy as well. i've got high hopes for inglorious, simply because i get a vibe more similar to res. dogs from the trailer.

Gettysburger said:
ive always considered myself a QT fan, but i really only liked res. dogs and pulp fiction. Pulp is probably one of my top 3 favourite movies, and res. dogs was a masterpiece. these are the only two though :(

i absolutely hated kill bill 1 and 2, HATED both of them to death, deathproof was kinda crappy as well. i've got high hopes for inglorious, simply because i get a vibe more similar to res. dogs from the trailer.

You haven't watched Jackie Brown, and you despise the Kill Bill films. Yeah...

harSon

Banned
Watching the Tarantino Cut of True Romance as we speak, I think the most noticeable difference we'd see if Tarantino had directed is a much better soundtrack. Absolutely hate the main theme of the movie in its current form :/

Edit: Well I shouldn't say that I hate, just don't think it fits at all in this film. Sounds like something that should be Cool Running :lol

harSon said:
Watching the Tarantino Cut of True Romance as we speak, I think the most noticeable difference we'd see if Tarantino had directed is a much better soundtrack. Absolutely hate the main theme of the movie in its current form :/

Edit: Well I shouldn't say that I hate, just don't think it fits at all in this film. Sounds like something that should be Cool Running :lol

Sounds more like something that should be in Terrence Malick's Badlands. :lol

harSon

Banned
Count Dookkake said:
Sounds more like something that should be in Terrence Malick's Badlands. :lol

Saw that when I looked up the song on youtube, still don't think it fits with the film, and the remade (?) version they have in True Romance is a bit more Caribbean then the one in Badlands :p What the hell happened to Malick anyways? Don't see how you go from Days of Heaven and Bandlands to The New World...

harSon

Banned
Finished the Tarantino Cut, despite owning the movie, outside of the fact that it was put back in its original order, I'm not quite sure what scenes were added in considering I haven't seen the thing in years. Having said that, I think the film works extremely well when not in chronological order, probably because that's the form it was initially meant to be in. It's definitely on par with what Tarantino himself has put out as a director, outside of the theme and Patricia Arquette's ending monologue, the film was pretty close to being damn near perfect.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Finally got DeathProof soundtrack. Damn, his OST's are so hot.

SmokyDave

Excellent thread. I'm a big fan of all Tarantino films but Deathproof is far and away my favourite. The scene with Zoe Bell on the bonnet is hair-raising and to my mind, one of the most exciting stunts I have ever seen on the screen.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
SmokyDave said:
Excellent thread. I'm a big fan of all Tarantino films but Deathproof is far and away my favourite. The scene with Zoe Bell on the bonnet is hair-raising and to my mind, one of the most exciting stunts I have ever seen on the screen.

Deathproof's ending is the most unique ending I have ever seen. Reviews are saying Inglorious Basterds out does that. I can't wait.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
I just caught the two films Tarantino wrote (Natural Born killers was totally rewritten, so it don't count) the past couple days:

From Dusk Till Dawn
Loved this. Every scene is an reworking of genre (the vampire portion being the longest) all combined into a whizz bang story. Clooney is the fucking man in this, probably his best role. Outside of a few slow patches in the Vampire bit, this film really delivered.

True Romance - The Tarantino Cut
Really good script in place here culminating in that wild shootout, it was good in that respect. there were some pacing issues, scenes where it was like "yea, I do liek this as a standalone scene, but it's keeping me off the main path here." Weirdly divergent moments where it's like I'm not even sure what the point was. Why did they spend all that time of Darryl ( I think that was his name) becoming an actor? Kind of a waste, I thought for sure he'd die.

Scott's cinematography is a little stale. He's got a nice color palette, everyone had great costumes, but he has no way with making colors like that "pop". it was sterile, really. Plus he has that "quick cuts so you can't see shit" problem, too. And shit, I didn't even realize Clarence died. He didn't do that death justice, even for a deleted scene. Like, it looked like the bullet grazed his eyebrow, I figured he'd get up at any moment. And I dunno what the deal is with the ending with her flashbacks and stuff. I guess that was to show she really loved him? I dunno.

I think if Tarantino left this in the pot to stew more, it would've been a perfect bridge between Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown. But, he let it go too early. What we have is very good, but it could've been great.

I mean, holy fuck @ all these actors in this movie! It's crazy how many stars are in it. Gary Oldman was the best though, you could barely tell it was him. Just great.

Speaking of which, I guess Christopher Walken jsut gets off scott free? He wasn't even in the climax of the film at all, that's weird, in retrospect.

jakncoke

Banned
Over the course of the past few weeks I finally caught both Kill Bills and Four Rooms. Going by IMDB, all I have left for movies to watch that have been released and directed by QT is My Best Friend's Birthday.

282qg4.png

Kill Bill is my favorite and I would argue, his best film.
Sonny goddamn Chiba stole the show in #1.

Both volumes I and II are excellent really showed Tarantino's range. There's a lot of layers to KB both in aestethics, themes, and references which make it just so fun to watch.
There's that smart ass sarcasm, tons of violence, but with the emotional layer which is why Jackie Brown was also awesome.
It's good when dudes like Rob Rich are around who won't shoot any of his stupid "I'm weird" bullshit. Eccentrics are their best on a leash.

Not really too excited for Inglorious Basterds, looks kinda like a wank fest, but I'm sure it'll be fun.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
The first 10 minutes of From Dusk Till Dawn may be the best thing Tarantino's ever been a part of. Taut, intense, subversive and inventive all in one. It blew me away on frist viewing.

harSon

Banned
If you guys haven't seen it, Tarantino has been doing introductions to films on Sky Movies. They're all roughly 10 minutes or shorter and within them, he gives some fairly off the wall but interesting takes of the films. Pretty great stuff.

Tarantino on Taxi Driver:
Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YGPfDk9_Yo)
Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=of9u8VeQVIg&feature=related)

Tarantino on Sunshine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAMYudPgQKc&feature=related

Tarantino on There Will be Blood:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rp5NjLRRyw

Tarantino on Death Proof:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIrtPNEpZjY&feature=related

Tarantino on McCabe & Mrs Miller:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6sh9X-V0XA&feature=related

Tarantino's top 20 films since becoming a director:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz4K-Rxx2Bk&feature=related
Code:
Battle Royale     
Anything Else    
Audition     
Blade    
Boogie Nights
Dazed & Confused     
Dogville     
Fight Club     
Fridays     
The Host     
The Insider
Joint Security Area     
Lost In Translation    
The Matrix     
Memories of Murder 
Police Story 3     
Shaun of the Dead
Speed     
Team America     
Unbreakable

This isn't part of the series but it's similar in format and equally interesting, it involves him talking about Chungking Express and its director Kar Wai Wong: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX8aUixCpek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom