• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quick Question Regarding Dead or Alive 3

Is there any difference between the original and platinum re-release? If I had a choice, which should I go for?

Also, I understand that there were some additional costumes released via an expansion disc. Is this extra content on the re-release? If not, is it worth hunting down? What am I missing?

The costumes were on an OXM disc and maybe on some Exhibition discs from way back when. Nothing all that incredible really. I always thought Hardcore had better outfits. If clothing is what you want, get Ultimate this month or XBV.

No changes between the two versions though. I've owned both.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
FortNinety said:
Is there any difference between the original and platinum re-release? If I had a choice, which should I go for?

Also, I understand that there were some additional costumes released via an expansion disc. Is this extra content on the re-release? If not, is it worth hunting down? What am I missing?

They didn't add the bonus pack stuff to the platinum edition for some stupid reason. The bonus pack stuff is alright, lots of costumes and some new moves as well.

MrparisSM

Banned
like someone else stated. Save your 20 bucks and cop Ultimate later this month. It'll have the most costumes out of any of the games, more stages, better graphics and LIVE play.

cvxfreak

MrparisSM said:
like someone else stated. Save your 20 bucks and cop Ultimate later this month. It'll have the most costumes out of any of the games, more stages, better graphics and LIVE play.

This man speaks the truth.

Pachinko

yeah with ultimate coming out I'd just hold off for another week or so until it releases and pick it up instead. I find the platinum cover art to be better then the original boxart but again, unless you just want to collect the games there really isn't a point in buying DOA3 right now.

Slightly OT: Does anyone know if DOA Ultimate has the option for the more-challenging timing for counter-attacks (Arcade-style reversal commands) or not?

The mid range counters are split into separate punch and kick commands like the arcade counters... don't know if the low and high counters are arcade or dreamcast style though.

Top Bottom