• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Radiata Stories Screenshots - 11/13

olimario

Banned
53.JPG
54.JPG
55.JPG
56.JPG
57.JPG
58.JPG
59.JPG
60.JPG
61.JPG
62.JPG
63.JPG
64.JPG
65.JPG
66.JPG
67.JPG
68.JPG
69.JPG
70.JPG

Z

zylo

Unconfirmed Member
looks interesting. is it supposed to come out in the us.

belgurdo

Banned
Character design and generic fantasy setting=mission failed. I hope the gameplay's there, otherwise I'm skipping this

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
belgurdo said:
Character design and generic fantasy setting=mission failed. I hope the gameplay's there, otherwise I'm skipping this
I remember back in the good ol' days where an RPG was a fucking dime a dozen, I am sure as hell glad that we aren't thrust back into those days still. Granted there was some terrible shockers :lol

ohamsie

I know nothing about this game. What is it about, who is developing it, what system is it for, when is it coming out, etc?

totoro'd

EGM says it's by the same team that did Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, so i'm excited about it.

I think those screens look great too

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
etiolate said:
62.JPG

Reminds me of one of the races from Crystal Chronicles.

Battles look like they are fun. This Ps2 or GC?

PS2.

Acosta

I played at TGS, very, very nice, the combat system is very interesting and active and the graphics in motion were great. I am more interested on this one than the new Romancing SaGa for example.

ferricide

Gaijin To Ronin said:
I played at TGS, very, very nice, the combat system is very interesting and active and the graphics in motion were great. I am more interested on this one than the new Romancing SaGa for example.
i agree, except after SO3 i'm afraid the battle system will turn out to be broken and irritating until i play the final game for a few hours. it seemed better, but the demo wasn't enough to tell.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Say HI to boring art....

it's not offensive, it's just generic and dull as dish water.

Say HI to boring art....

it's not offensive, it's just generic and dull as dish water.

You know, there's a certain art style that they have over there in Japan, perhaps you've heard of it. It's called "anime".

This is what it looks like.

DCharlie

"You know, there's a certain art style that they have over there in Japan, perhaps you've heard of it. It's called "anime"."

Anime = Japanese animated film.

Each has it's own individual style , each of which tend to look more interesting than this ass.

"This is what it looks like.'

yes, shitty generic anime looks like this.

Bebpo

Banned
yea bad art + hit/miss developers + why haven't we heard about it until Sept if it was Tri-ace's big near finished rpg? = concerns.

Also it comes out on the same day as DDS2 and even though RS will sell more I know which one the rpg fans will be playing on the 27th (if not playing RE4 :p)

[This is also the first post I have ever used with the words "bad art" because it is by far the ugliest looking designs I have ever seen in a Japanese game :D]

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
The graphics aren't doing it for me, they're not nearly as nice as SO3 for instance, but I'll reserve judgement till I try the battle system. I'm still interested since tri-Ace are my favorite developers.

belgurdo

Banned
The Prime Director said:
You know, there's a certain art style that they have over there in Japan, perhaps you've heard of it. It's called "anime".

This is what it looks like.

Anime ain't a singular art style, bud. And despite that fact, that still doesn't excuse the bland character design.

DCharlie

"Anime ain't a singular art style, bud"

Indeedy!

(not aimed at previous correct poster)

*ungenerous mocking stance = ON*
It has movies... it's a western thing.. .called ... MOVIES...
are you familiar with the style?
*ungenerous mocking stance = OFF*

Sorry... couldn't resist....

Anime = much larger range than you know
Manga = just insanely wide range of topics/styles - generalise and pwn yourself.

ferricide

it does look a lot better in motion, but i'm not impressed with the character designs, either. sigh.

how can a company go from this:

vpc4.jpg

to what they're doing now? blows my mind. =P

but personally, i do like the way the graphics look in general. the detail in the outfits on the characters gives you something nice to look at, too. it's not as though they completely suck, it's just bizarrely SD for no good reason. the game actually does look good, visually.

i'm as interested in this as i am in any squenix game for next year -- none of them excite me. i hated vagrant story and didn't particularly like the E3 demo, so i'm not excited for FFXII. DWVII was tedious as all fuck so i'm not that excited for DQVIII. KH was ... meh, so i'm not that excited for KH2. i'm interested in all four games (don't get me wrong) ... i'm just not truly dying to play any one of them.

Zilch

Banned
but personally, i do like the way the graphics look in general. the detail in the outfits on the characters gives you something nice to look at, too. it's not as though they completely suck, it's just bizarrely SD for no good reason. the game actually does look good, visually.

I agree with this. The texturing and modeling is really attractive, but the art style isn't.

Shouta

Remember, character design =/= art design.

Character design isn't too bad. Art design is ok and looks better than ACTUAL generic anime look. Still not great though. It's fairly obvious that you guys don't follow actual anime trends very much =P.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Strange. Reminds me of FFCC, stylistically and graphically, only uglier and less... well, stylish. I wonder how it plays.

Top Bottom