• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool |OT| A Moon Shaped Poo

Put me down as somebody who likes all the songs, which is only the 2nd Radiohead album I could say that about(im the guy who loves "Nude", nice to meet you)

is there a way to do that with In Rainbows? I really want to have some of the songs in my favorite radiohead songs playlist

You can do it with local files, yeah. But if you mean if the album is there on a Spotify page but just being weird and not showing up on the Spotify computer client? Not with In Rainbows. At least we know the album is on their servers and it's certainly playable. In Rainbows, on the other hand, isn't on Spotify's servers otherwise the link would have been figured out by now.

Faust Arp is great and has beautiful strings. It's short, but otherwise it's no lesser than the rest of the album. In Rainbows really doesn't have a lull or track you can single out as weaker than the rest.

Desert island Disk ends up feeling like it is one of those tracks mainly because it doesn't do much. The other songs have this gorgeous orchestration going on and Desert Disk is... pretty much the mellow acoustic guitar song it was live with some whoosing noises. Maybe the album needed that as a break.
i don't think I've ever heard finger plucking like this on a rh album

Fucking love it

Despera

Banned
Just done with my first listen of this album.

This is definitely a very slow, moody, low key album, but the band did an excellent job with the sequencing and transitions so that the album never drags. Those 52 minutes flew by, and I def feel like they could had gone a bit longer on some songs (the ending of True Love Waits was a bit sudden for me).

First impressions: I like every track on this album except perhaps Ful Stop and Identikit, but that's mostly because I'm so used to the live versions. I was waiting for Ful Stop to get more manic and raw, and in Identikit I was missing the fat hip hop/R&B beat and the massive keyboard breakdown at the middle (I mean the keyboards are there, but they feel tiny compared to the live version). Also I feel Identikit has one of Thom's weakest vocal performances to date unfortunately. Buuuut it also has that amazeballs guitar solo at the end. So yeah, I'm feeling very mixed about Identikit so far.

Having said that, the studio versions we got of Burn the Witch, The Numbers (Silent Spring), Present Tense and True Love Waits are absolutely glorious. Gonna give this album another listen after I'm done with the new James Blake.
Just listened to identikit and I agree 100%. Album version just doesn't have the same oomph, and that was my main worry ever since I listened to the live version. I feared this would happen :(

cabot

Put me down as somebody who likes all the songs, which is only the 2nd Radiohead album I could say that about(im the guy who loves "Nude", nice to meet you)

Right there with you buddy.

Isnt HoC the one that gets the most hate from IR though?

A-V-B

I think I'm one of those guys who actually kinda liked Desert Island Disks. It's not the best on the album, but it's a nice, mellow track.

Decks Dark is the most OKC sounding track they've out out since '97.

The Numbers...The Numbers. Starts out sounding like Stairway to Heaven being played in a smoky bar, then those mental strings come in...I let out an audible "YES" when that happened.

daripad

You can do it with local files, yeah. But if you mean if the album is there on a Spotify page but just being weird and not showing up on the Spotify computer client? Not with In Rainbows. At least we know the album is on their servers and it's certainly playable. In Rainbows, on the other hand, isn't on Spotify's servers otherwise the link would have been figured out by now.

ohhh well :/

Edit: btw TLW is soooooo good. I prefer the I might be Wrong version but this one is amazing too. So far Ful Stop and Tinker are my least favorite from it. Loving Daydreaming and Present Tense

I think with the Spotify stuff, it's just Spotify being super late to properly push it all out considering it's a Sunday (though in that instance, they should have been prepared for that ahead of time).

It'll be up in time anyways.

dmshaposv

Desert island Disk ends up feeling like it is one of those tracks mainly because it doesn't do much. The other songs have this gorgeous orchestration going on and Desert Disk is... pretty much the mellow acoustic guitar song it was live with some whoosing noises. Maybe the album needed that as a break.

The album alternates between sorrow/meloncholy with daydream, glass eyes, TLW and unsettling grandeur of burn the witch, ful stop and the numbers. So DID kinda sticks out as sore thumb as this folk song that doesnt build up and just fizzles out.

Is physical exclusive to their site, or will brick&mortar/Amazon get it too? Because $24 for just an eleven-track album sans digital is pretty high for me. Thinking of just getting the $10 MP3.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
How is it some people are able to play the full album on Spotify? I used the link posted above and it's only letting me play the first two songs, both in the browser and the spotify app.

nin1000

Banned
Those synths in Tinker Soldier Sailor are taken straigth from Pulk Revolving Doors.
I love it. Since i love that album.

I'll drown my beliefs
To have your babies
I'll dress like your niece
And wash your swollen feet

Just don't leave
Don't leave

I'm not living, I'm just killing time
Your tiny hands, your crazy-kitten smile

Just don't leave
Don't leave

And true love waits
In haunted attics
And true love lives
On lollipops and crisps

Just don't leave
Don't leave

A-V-B

Dude Tinker Tailor is straaaaight out of Amnesiac like no other song on this album and it's so dope

What a day

hr5dpjnaqmfx.gif

Desert Island Disk is the House of Cards of this album. Ya'll will be enlightened with time and see I'm right.

Both are breezy, light and lovelyyyy

I'll drown my beliefs
To have your babies

Just don't leave
Don't leave

Just don't leave
Don't leave

And true love waits
In haunted attics
And true love lives
On lollipops and crisps

Just don't leave
Don't leave

I always thought the first verse was 'to have you be in peace.'

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
I'll drown my beliefs
To have your babies

Just don't leave
Don't leave

Just don't leave
Don't leave

And true love waits
In haunted attics
And true love lives
On lollipops and crisps

Just don't leave
Don't leave
I remember reading a long time ago that the "on lollipops and crisps" line was inspired by a news store Thom read about some little kid who got locked in a closet for days and had to survive on nothing but lollipops and crisps. At least that gives a little context to that goofy line.

Decks Dark, Ful Stop, Identikit, Burn the Witch, Daydreaming, True Love Waits, The Numbers and Desert island disk are my favorite songs so far. This album has a great vibe.

Blader

Well, I've finished it. Five years of waiting and damned if they didn't deliver on it with one of their best ever. I'll definitely need many many more listens but I feel like this is definitely in OKC/Kid A/In Rainbows territory.

First impression is that Decks Dark, Ful Stop, and Daydreaming are my favorites, but I need to listen again. And again and again. Some of these songs -- Ful Stop, Present Tense, Identikit -- I've listened to so many times before that it'll take some getting used to with the recorded versions (especially Identikit, which sounds very different and I'm not sure what I think about the choir). But overall I'm really happy with how this turned out.

What a great album.

Top Bottom