• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool |OT| A Moon Shaped Poo

I don't think there's a single song on here that I don't like - sure, some songs are better than others (Decks Dark & Ful Stop <3) but it all feels so cohesive and polished. Having not really paid attention to Radiohead recently, this was a real nice surprise :D

this this this
this so much
although Tinker Tailor, Glass Eyes and Daydreaming are my highlights, there really isn't a weak link for me.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
just given it a couple listens now. start to finish it's the tits.

early faves

identikit, ful stop, decks dark

not quite feeling them yet

desert island disk, present tense

having said that ALL of them were good. this is just a great album.

Surprise is tinker tailor... thought at first 'meh' then heard it again and was laughing with the wife because she's not native english and can't hear a word thom sings, so I was trying to catch all the words for her. ended up really listening to the song and love it. It's a big Kid A sounding.

Top 3? I can buy that after the first listen. It's really good. I'm going to wait a bit for a second spin. I wonder if I'll end up skipping the opening tracks a lot since I've played the hell out of them over the past couple of days.

Wow, on the 3rd or 4th listen, i dunno, But holy shit this is a masterpiece that will age exceptionally well. The numbers, whoa just whoa. So much is going on all the time it has everything you could ever want, the strings, the strings.

All you can say is Awwwwwwwwwww Yissssssssss! Thank you radiohead!

An album that is great on first listen yet encourages multiple listens to truly appreciate it. No duds here. Complete album, for sure. I will have to stack it against OK, Computer to see my true favorite.

RDreamer

Pulled the trigger on the special edition. I don't normally do this with bands that aren't fronted by Steven Wilson or Devin Townsend, but what the hell. I dig it.

Servbot24

Banned
Got the special edition. The WAV sounds night and day better than streams.

This album is really good. No duds whatsoever. Will have to wait and see if any songs grow into all time Radiohead favorites. Glass Eyes and TLW kicked me on my butt, and Tinker was way more ambitious than I expected.

To me, OKC is still head and shoulders their best. Amnesiac and Kid A are second best - my choice between those changes by the day. I think that this would be next after that.

Xun

I was never a massive fan of True Love Waits, but this is a really beautiful version of it.

It finishes off the album perfectly.

I wonder what Pitchfork's R&D budget for hyperbole is this year? Whatever it was, it needs to be doubled, and they need results stat.

I'm predicting the first 10.1 review ever.

jdw_b

Up to Glass Eyes on my first listen

This song is beautiful

edit: lol couple of posts right above me saying the same thing

I wonder what Pitchfork's R&D budget for hyperbole is this year? Whatever it was, it needs to be doubled, and they need results stat.

I'm predicting the first 10.1 review ever.

Lol, I am definitely predicting a collection of 10's. Funny that Kanye West, Drake, etc spend so much time hyping their albums and, while they might be good, Radiohead comes out of nowhere, drops an album that challenges the top rankings for their entire discography.

iPaul93

Just got the album.Have to give it a few more listens before I decide what I like and what I don't.

So the album isn't free this time?

image.php

Blader

Identikit is so good. Fuck

Identikit was a bit tricky for me on first listen, because I've known and listened to the early version for like four years now and this one is pretty different... but still really good in its own way. Great guitar outro, that bit is going to sound monstrous live.

This album is just astonishing... I never could have guessed Radiohead in 2016 would make something this vibrant and this wild. Every time I started thinking of small gripes about modern RH that I thought were going to prove through, they proved me wrong. It's so great! They are kind or a rock band again but also SO not.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Alright Radiohead you sonsabitches you got me, I'll jut buy the damn thing.

Question: would it be worth downloading the 24-bit version? And can they be played on an android phone? I'd either be playing it on my phone or on my macbook pro, with a pretty good pair of wireless Sennheiser headphones. I'm not exactly an audiophile. I imagine I can just convert it to mp3 form too if I want anyway.

RDreamer

Identikit was a bit tricky for me on first listen, because I've known and listened to the early version for like four years now and this one is pretty different... but still really good in its own way. Great guitar outro, that bit is going to sound monstrous live.

Yeah it's kind of missing the energy of the live version, but the outro here is great.

Top Bottom