• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool |OT| A Moon Shaped Poo

iPaul93

After listening to TLW a few times,I think I prefer the live version,but this might be just because I'm used to the live version.

Griss

Just got back from a day on the beach.

Halfway through. On Identikit.

This album is incredible. INCREDIBLE

Top 3:

1- Kid A
2- Ok Computer
3- In Rainbows

I'll have to put A Moon Shaped Pool somewhere around that list, might end up on top. This is a beautiful album.

Steamlord

9.5 - like witnessing the stillborn birth of a child while simultaneously having the opportunity to see her play in the afterlife, but only on a 50" TV.

True Love Waits is a lovely album closer.
it's no videotape tho

Identikit was a bit tricky for me on first listen, because I've known and listened to the early version for like four years now and this one is pretty different... but still really good in its own way. Great guitar outro, that bit is going to sound monstrous live.

Ah I only listened to it once so when I was listening to the album version I was like "hmm this sounds familiar ohmygodthisissogood"

Griss

I don't listen to the live stuff until I've heard it on the record because I can't 'go back', so I'm happy I skipped their last year of stuff. This is pretty much all new to me, bar True Love Waits of course.

Looking forward to going back and seeing the genesis of these songs live.

AgeEighty

It's eye-opening for me to read so many fans of the band struggling to justify spending money on their new album instead of streaming it for free. Is it just for a first listen, I hope?

robotrock

Banned
It's eye-opening for me to read so many fans of the band struggling to justify spending money on their new album instead of streaming it for free. Is it just for a first listen, I hope?

Did your .wav download work out yet? I haven't tried to redownload again yet.

Great album... 2016 is the year of great albums.

Is there a list of the best albums so far? I haven't been keeping up with new releases.

To be fair, I got In Rainbows for free, and I got the newspaper edition of King of Limbs which I wasn't a huge fan of, so splitting the difference and streaming makes more sense for me. Plus I listen to everything through a streaming service, so owning a physical copy isn't a huge incentive to me and I'm not a keen enough listener to notice the differences between 320kbps mp3 and 24 bit wav.

Griss

I don't listen to the live stuff until I've heard it on the record because I can't 'go back', so I'm happy I skipped their last year of stuff. This is pretty much all new to me, bar True Love Waits of course.

Looking forward to going back and seeing the genesis of these songs live.

To go back to this... I just got through True Love Waits...

Can't do it. Too different. Feels out of place. In a year I'm sure I'll feel differently, but right now I almost wish it wasn't there.

Ful Stop and Daydreaming though, i can't honestly believe how good they are.

Schlocky

Just finished the album. Really loved it. Great walking/driving music.

Am I the only one who was reminded of Beck's Sea Change?

Someone may have already said, but both Sea Change (mainly 'Paper Tiger') and this (mainly 'The Numbers') are both ripping off/paying homage to Jean Claude Vannier's strings on Serge Gainsbourg's Histoire de Melody Nelson

loving this record so far, glass eyes and the numbers in particular. Oh and finally getting True Love Waits and it sounding so amazing is such a brilliant way to close the album

I'm just waiting to be able to buy it through Google Play so I don't have to download it and then reupload it to Google. :)

Deeku

Present Tense is not as epic as I'd imagined it would be but still pretty happy with how it turned out!

Minus_Me

Only standouts for me are Burn the Witch and The Numbers.

Funny enough I see so much praise for Daydreaming and Glass Eyes and I'm ranking them at the bottom right now.

I don't want to pay 10€ for a download when I'm going to pick up a physical copy next month anyway.

This feels like another Hail to the Thief without that album's bloat. Its kind of a hodgepodge of all of the different style they have covered just like HttT was. All the songs are good and there's nothing I dislike (Desert Island Disk being the closest but even that's alright) But still quality wise its still kind of lesser Radio Head with an orchestra twist to it. The album doesn't feel as focused as some of their best and while the songs are fine in isolation they don't come together all that well. For example Burn the Witch is a neat track but it feels like the odd man out when put together with the rest of the album. And True Love Waits is pretty underwhelming to me given all the hype in the previous thread around it. The lyrics feel very Bends era and while I like the Bends i don't mean that as a compliment (they just feel so juvenile), and sonically it sounds like a combo of Motion Picture Soundtrack and Video tape but still ends up worse than both. Buts that's how the whole album feels. I can clearly see the previous albums in all of the songs here but they are all done better on those albums.

Full stop, Daydreamers, Decks Dark, and Tinker Tailor ... are the highlights though.

Damn good album. It will take a few more listens to solidify feelings, but this is a huge improvement over King of Limbs, which I found extremely disappointing.

And I am just overjoyed at finally getting a studio version of True Love Waits on an album. It only took over 20 years, but we finally have it. Such a perfect closing track.

TKOL hate hurts my soul so much!!!!

Nothing on this album even touches Bloom, Lotus Flower, Codex, Give up the Ghost and Separator and I just named over haft the album!

The last 3 songs on TKOL... gat damn. If it were only the final 2 tracks Hail to the Thief would win.

Xun

What is listed as the genre and composer info for each track?

The download I got doesn't have any of that information listed.

What is listed as the genre and composer info for each track?

The download I got doesn't have any of that information listed.

The WASTE download has zero info as far as artist, album name, and art go. It's fucked. Daydreaming wouldn't even decompress for me, and I had to waste my second of 3 downloads to fix it.

Deeku

The WASTE download has zero info as far as artist, album name, and art go. It's fucked. Daydreaming wouldn't even decompress for me, and I had to waste my second of 3 downloads to fix it.
lol yeah, I dragged it into iTunes and got Clavin and Hobbes for the cover for some reason:/

Top Bottom