• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool |OT| A Moon Shaped Poo

SamVimes

snip

Well, I guess that wasn't that tough after all!

You put 6 heil to the thief songs so it's probably tougher than you think.

I never do these things so I thought I might have fun with it for once, this is mine (all songs in the order by which they appear in the album):

The Bends
Planet Telex
The Bends
Nice Dream
Blackstar
Street Spirit

Ok Computer
Paranoid Android
Subterrenean Homesick Alien
Let Down
No Surprises
Climbing up the Walls

Kid A
Everything In It's Right Place
Kid A
The National Anthem
Optimistic
Idioteque

Amnesiac
Pyramid Song
Knives Out
I Might Be Wrong
Like Spinning Plates
Life In a Glass House

Heil to the Thief
2+2=5
Sit Down. Stand Up.
The Gloaming
Myxomatosis
A Wolf at The Door

In Rainbows
Nude
Weird Fishes
Faust Arp
Reckoner
Jigsaw Falling Into Place

The King of Limbs Keep in mind that while i liked the original album I only listen to the basement version of tkol, so i'm not really thinking about the studio recording here
Bloom
Lotus Flower
Codex
Give up the ghost
Separator

A Moon Shaped Pool
Daydreaming
Decks Dark
Ful Stop
Identikit
Present Tense

LIST WARS!

Pablo Honey
Creep
Thinking About You
Anyone Can Play Guitar
Prove Yourself
Lurgee

The Bends
Fake Plastic Trees
Bones
My Iron Lung
Bullet Proof...I Wish I Was
Street Spirit (Fade Out)

OK Computer
Airbag
Paranoid Android
Let Down
Karma Police
Climbing Up the Walls

Kid A
Everything in its Right Place
The National Anthem
How to Disappear Completely
Idioteque
Motion Picture Soundtrack

Amnesiac
Pyramid Song
You and Whose Army?
Knives Out
Like Spinning Plates
Life in a Glass House

Hail to the Thief
Sail to the Moon
Where I End and You Begin
There There
Myxamatosis
A Wolf at the Door

In Rainbows
Nude
All I Need
Reckoner
Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Videotape

Other
Lull
Cuttooth
Fog
Worrywort
Gagging Order

Not doing TKOL as I only listened to it twice, and have only listened to AMSP once so far.

I've picked a few I don't think anybody else has (where's the love for Where I End and You Begin!?)

Blader

The Numbers has grown on me a lot. I was so used to the acoustic Silent Spring version that my first impression on The Numbers was that it sounded too busy. But the layers of instrumentation have really started working on me -- especially the jazz piano chords that come in and out every so often.

I can totally see this being a new set closer on their tour, too.

A-V-B

Here is my list:

Pyramid Song.

giphy.gif

My five picks each album list. Keep in mind, with the exception of Amnesiac, the lists of five I put together for the OT were more to pick perhaps the more well-known songs each album and to hopefully help other folks get into the band easier whereas this list would be my personal picks per album.

Pablo Honey:

Creep
N/A because LOL

The Bends:

Planet Telex
The Bends
Just
Black Star
Street Spirit (Fade Out)

OK Computer:

Paranoid Android
Karma Police
Climbing Up The Walls
Lucky
The Tourist

Kid A (considering this is my favourite album ever, it's seriously hard to pick five):

Kid A
The National Anthem
How to Disappear Completely
In Limbo
Motion Picture Soundtrack

Amnesiac (same as in OT):

Pyramid Song
You & Whose Army (hearing this live first-hand was almost a religious experience for me)
I Might Be Wrong
Knives Out
Life in a Glasshouse

Hail to the Thief:

2+2=5
Sail to the Moon
Where I End and You Begin
The Gloaming
There, There

In Rainbows:

15 Step
Bodysnatchers
Nude
Weird Fish/Arpeggi
All I Need

The King of Limbs:

Bloom
Morning Mr. Magpie
Lotus Flower
Codex
Separator

A Moon Shaped Pool:

Daydreaming
Ful Stop
The Numbers
Tinker Tailor Soldier Sailor
True Love Waits

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I was wondering, which songs on this album are completely new, that weren't floating around in some way or another?

Xun

So anyway... predictions on when LP10 will release?

I'm actually rather optimistic (heh heh heh) it'll be out within a few years.

Favourite tracks at the moment are Daydreaming, Decks Dark, Ful Stop, Identikit, Present Tense. The Numbers and Tinker Tailor have some growing to do still.

So now we have True Love Waits, what are the remaining Radiohead songs that have been played live but never had a studio version recorded?

Big Boots
Follow Me Around
Lift

All I can think of right now...

Empty

burn the witch bangs but it feels out of place on the album to me

otherwise a+, like everything except tinker tailor which goes nowhere. ful stop and decks dark are sensational.

So now we have True Love Waits, what are the remaining Radiohead songs that have been played live but never had a studio version recorded?

Big Boots
Follow Me Around
Lift

I think we'll get Lift at some point, maybe even prior to lp10. The other two? Who knows.

denx

Big Boots
Follow Me Around
Lift

Big Boots
Lift
I Promise
Dogwander
Follow Me Around
I Froze Up
Come to Your Senses
I Lie Awake
Wake Me (Before They Come)
Riding a Bullet
Open the Floodgates
Skirting On the Surface
Cut a Hole

That's about it I think, at least for the songs we've actually got to listen.

I'd put this in the mid to upper section of their discography, really nice sounding album. I like how Identikit almost sounds like a Gorillaz song in the middle. Other highlights for me are the climax of Daydreaming and when the strings hit in Numbers.

Kyonashi

Probably on 10+ listens now and I love it more with every spin.

Present Tense is standing out as a highlight for me along with BTW + TLW. Some lyrics sites have my fave line as 'I won't get heavy' but I hear it as 'Go on, get heavy' which I kinda prefer?

Thinking about going to get the 7" single on my lunch break...

Thanks for ruining True Love Waits, Thom.

This album is a 6/10 at best. I'll try giving it a couple more listens...

I'm on the opposite end of opinion (though fellow RH fans may find it equally silly) in thinking this is their best album to date. Better than Kid A and OK Computer. Into the flames you and I go, brother.

Thanks for ruining True Love Waits, Thom.

This album is a 6/10 at best. I'll try giving it a couple more listens...

What silly nonsense.

In rather rad news, ComLag is up on Spotify. So this bodes well for future releases, like maybe the full release of In Rainbows. And Pool, of course.

Oh man, I wonder if the next "from the basement" will feature a couple of new tracks like the last one did. We don't deserve that much goodness.

The FTB for TKOL really helped open up that album for me. Kind of like letting a good red wine breathe a bit. I am already in love with AMSP but these songs are gonna sound soooo great with that "live in the studio" sound.

Blader

Oh man, I wonder if the next "from the basement" will feature a couple of new tracks like the last one did. We don't deserve that much goodness.

Probably not, they only added Daily Mail/Staircase/Supercollider to the TKOL basement show because the album was too short as is to fill out the full hour.

I wonder when they would do a From the Basement show this time around, since they're going on a tour in a week anyway. Maybe they could it air as a tour rehearsal? Or maybe film it during one of the breaks between shows? Tour schedule thins out a lot between August and October.

Horseress

Probably not, they only added Daily Mail/Staircase/Supercollider to the TKOL basement show because the album was too short as is to fill out the full hour.

I wonder when they would do a From the Basement show this time around, since they're going on a tour in a week anyway. Maybe they could it air as a tour rehearsal? Or maybe film it during one of the breaks between shows? Tour schedule thins out a lot between August and October.

Or...maybe they already did it!

040723_mnightshyamalan_bcol_2pwidec.jpg

Blader

yeah, In Rainbows FTB did not have Faust Arp or Jigsaw. But it did have Go Slowly, Down is the New Up, a couple older tracks.

Myriadis

I listened through Amnesiac and The King Of Limbs for the first time. Also tried Pablo Honey but couldn't get through it, absolutely not my thing.

And strangely, out of the three I like The King Of Limbs the most. I guess most were disappointed because it sounds quite different compared to the rest? I actually absolutely enjoy it. They have some better albums (like the newest) but this one's a solid entry imo.

Top Bottom