• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool |OT| A Moon Shaped Poo

Just gotta say that I really enjoyed the list wars. I'm going to be compiling statistics from it later.

I was glad to see Climbing Up The Walls make so many OKC lists. That song is goddamn amazing. Lucky as well. That song was in a Six Feet Under episode.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I'm growing to really love In Rainbows as I listen to it more. All I Need and Jigsaw are turning into big favorites. First few listens of KoL haven't done that much for me, but I'm sure that'll change soon.

Still stuff that grows on me in Pool too, like the second half of Daydreaming, but Desert Island Disk too.

Xun

So Radiohead just posted this online:

CibBEGOWgAAYim-.jpg

https://twitter.com/dead_airspace/status/731484266706677760?s=09

LP10?

I wish...

If we get a second LP I'm going to flip the fuck out.
It's probably nothing, but you never know with these guys.

It's realistically nothing, like the above, or it's the single art for The Numbers since we've seen something similar before with lyrics from the song on it.

In my wildest dreams (with <1% chance of happening), it's the album art for A Moon Shaped Pool's 'Amnesiac', that features an alternative version of The Numbers on it.

So what does "A Moon Shaped Pool" mean?

The explanation I liked was something like this:

If it literally meant a pool shaped like a moon, the title would be hyphenated, which it isn't.

So literally it means A Pool Shaped by a Moon, otherwise known as the Ocean.

Thanks for ruining True Love Waits, Thom.

And yet the song still exists in both states. I would have been bored if it had been exactly like the live version from I Might Be Wrong.

I just mowed my lawn. It took exactly as long as the album. Literally the last note of TLW was when I closed the garage door. I'm a big fan at this point, though I won't know where to rank it for a while yet.

Amirnol

Perhaps what the Earth would look like if the polar ice caps melted?

That's what's been theorised anyway.
I like this theory.

The explanation I liked was something like this:

If it literally meant a pool shaped like a moon, the title would be hyphenated, which it isn't.

So literally it means A Pool Shaped by a Moon, otherwise known as the Ocean.
Definitely seems like something to do with the oceans/global warming. Thanks for the interpretations.

yonder

On my first listen I thought it was pretty good, but now that I've spent some more time (around 10 listens) I think it's fantastic. So many cool small moments in almost every song that elevate the whole thing. This is one of their best albums.

A-V-B

It's probably the oddest line I can think of in a Radiohead song. Something about holding onto childish things or feelings is the general idea afaik.

In the context of the next line about "washing [her] swollen feet", it seems to be all about there being bizarre things that he wouldn't do for anyone, but to hold on to her, he'd do them for her. Basically the dude's nuts (in love.)

And one of those things he'd do for love is dressing up in little girl's clothes if she wanted it. Maybe even if she didn't, because he's afraid she's going to leave and maybe he's going crazy trying to placate her.

Blader

I'm pretty sure they put it up for a reason though.

It would be great if it were the B-sides for AMSP, but chances are it's for the 3rd single (most likely The Numbers).
If it's a single for The Numbers, there could still be a b-side. Maybe that second bonus track in the special edition.

Every time I listen to this record it gets better. Motherfuckers.

Same here, absolutely in love with the record. I still really enjoyed my first listen but all the songs kind of seemed to just stay together and i wasn't really getting into them on an individual basis. That feeling is completely gone, they all work on the album together well and separately are all their own thing.

denx

Same here, absolutely in love with the record. I still really enjoyed my first listen but all the songs kind of seemed to just stay together and i wasn't really getting into them on an individual basis. That feeling is completely gone, they all work on the album together well and separately are all their own thing.

image.php

601hnoI.jpg

long live the beach house video

Obviously I got over it, but I definitely remembered the... uh... theatrical (?) performance style of early-to-mid 90's Radiohead around the time OK Computer came out and I always wondered if there wasn't something a little full-of-shit about them. Obviously I loved OKC but I was kinda side-eyeing Thom during the live performances.

The MTV beach house video is just cringe city, man, I can't even watch it. It was the angsty 90s version of Herman's Hermits singing "Henry the Eighth" on Ed Sullivan and shamelessly being all British invasion-esque/Beatles-y because that's how you had to do. Or maybe the beach house video is the 90s version of Vanilla Fudge playing "You Keep Me Hanging On" dressed in the frilliest "count of monte cristo" b-grade puffy shirt psychedelia impersonation. (God I love that video, especially pretending that the lead singer is Commander Riker on some kind of drug trip/alien possession, because that's exactly what it looks like.)

I mean, maybe Thom was really feeling it... being all extraverted and getting in the camera's face and swaggering on the stage... Mayyybe. The music doesn't hit me right (never was a PH fan), and it's so over the top, I have a hard time believing it.

Doesn't matter either way; the important thing is that Radiohead grew out of it and became amazing. The Beatles "boy band/mop top" era is pretty cringey too and they ended up making some of the best rock music ever created. And in any case, I have no room to talk about my look/behavior in 1993 because I was a fucking turbo dork.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I'm looking at Euro tour dates for the summer and everything is sold out lol. I think Iceland is still an option, but that line-up is a wasteland and you can only get a combiticket. I knew about the Primavera line-up way too late, fuck

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Ful Stop really is one of the best things they've recorded

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I'm looking at Euro tour dates for the summer and everything is sold out lol. I think Iceland is still an option, but that line-up is a wasteland and you can only get a combiticket. I knew about the Primavera line-up way too late, fuck

they were sold out about an hour before they went on sale. I opened the sale site 45 min prior to the ticket sales and it put me in an auto waiting queue. the euro tour was completely gone already at sale time.

can't wait to see them do this live in 5 days :D

Top Bottom