• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RAGE |OT| "It's done when it's done"

360 version has less texture pop in, *sigh* of all the devs that I thought could make the console versions exactly the same, it would be id, guess I was wrong...

bounchfx

MuddyDonut said:
360 version has less texture pop in, *sigh* of all the devs that I thought could make the console versions exactly the same, it would be id, guess I was wrong...

it's three different sets of hardware.

madmook

Was originally on the fence between 360 and ps3, mainly because of the multiple discs, but now it appears that the 360 is technically just two discs (maybe a psychological thing on my part, swapping between 2 discs doesn't seem as egregious as 3, as I won't be touching mp anyways), and the loading appears faster on the 360 version based on the vids (I roughly counted 10 secs vs 15 secs). Pre-ordered the 360 version. :D

jett

D-Member
MuddyDonut said:

It's simply too bad there's no option for PS3 users to install the whole thing on the HDD.

bounchfx said:
it's three different sets of hardware.
Umm I'm aware, but the PS3 version is not the version to get from
these videos, I want the console versions to be identical and have little difference, but that is never the case. High expectations on my part.

Poker360 said:
Keynote Link
Or you could just tell me what you are trying to say instead of linking an hour and a half keynote that I'm not going to watch?

FrankT

More than pleased with what they have done with the 360. It's just incredible really. No worries with what I've seen.

solarus

Derrick01 said:
Those outdoor areas look too damn good. I feel bad for exposing myself to them early even if it's just the console version
The world itself just looks so fantastic and full of detail, I really hope it's as expansive as it looks, although hoping for something skyrim-esque in size is probably pushing it.

Gvaz

Banned
jett said:
It's simply too bad there's no option for PS3 users to install the whole thing on the HDD.
Depends what firmware it requires. If it requires 3.55 or less (it requires 3.7 though) you could install the whole thing to the internal.

jett

D-Member
Gvaz said:
Depends what firmware it requires. If it requires 3.55 or less (it requires 3.7 though) you could install the whole thing to the internal.

I meant a legit option. :p It surprises me though that the PS3 still lags behind texture fade-in, according to the id all the highest quality textures were installed to the PS3(requires 8GB).

Truant

I'm watching all these videos and I'm going "Man, this look amazing for a console game". And then I remember that it's 60fps as well. Mindblowing.

FrankT

It is the bar for me. Plain and simple. Show me another game that will do this in this gen. It's like Gears level at 60fps.

Definity

Can't stop watching these videos. What an amzing looking game and this shit runs at 60fps? My head is going to explode.

CozMick

Banned
Are you guys being serious when saying it's the best looking console game ever?

It's exceptional sure but it is not "the best looking".

Or are you factoring in the framerate as well?

Gvaz

Banned
I'm watching that Rage pt 3 video in 1080p and that is definately not 60fps all the time.

There are obvious areas where the fps dips, like turning around and loading new assets, and such. Perhaps it's from the person recording but....

Also the art style looks great but there's obvious tons of low res textures it just looks better because everything is grimy.

Borderlands 2.5 gooo

george_us

You know what's great? I still haven't seen this game running at 60 FPS yet and this game already looks mindblowingly good to me. Might need to grab a poop bucket when I see the game for myself.

x-Lundz-x

CozMick said:
Are you guys being serious when saying it's the best looking console game ever?

It's exceptional sure but it is not "the best looking".

Or are you factoring in the framerate as well?

There are maybe three other games that match this level of graphics fidelity on console, Gears, Crysis 2, and Uncharted 2/3.

Lets see:
30FPS, 30FPS, and 30FPS.

When you have something that looks as good or better than any other console game and it runs at twice the framerate...yeah best looking game ever.

Gvaz

Banned
Oh my god this guy is making me seasick and fucking with my compulsions. "The thing you want is glowing right there! PICK IT UP DAMNIT" *guy spins around a bunch of times really fast* *barfs*

Gvaz

Banned
SalsaShark said:
no chance

720p + 60 fps >>>>>>>>>> 1080p + 30fps, and im a PC gamer.
You only say that because you have a 720p hdtv

anything less than 1080p on my monitor (which is also where I play my ps3/360 games) looks blurry, and I'll take a shitty fps if I can have a crisp display every time.

30fps is my minimum ideal fps however.

Sure hope someone releases a mod to turn off that shitty vinegette and heavy breathing. Why can't games have health bars instead of this shitty crap that is distracting and makes things hard to see?

feel

Vire said:
That looks incredible. Gorgeous colorful artstyle, the environment seems like a real place where every nook or cranny is unique, not a bunch of repetitive chunks of geometry put together so the player has a place to walk through. And the animations, specially during dialogue.. damn! All will be wrapped in 60fps to boot. Can't wait to admire it all in person. Also I thought this was gonna be a linear corridor shooter but it seems like a really open game with quests from npcs, inventory, minigames, hidden side missions, exploration and whatnot. AWESOME

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
DennisK4 said:
Perhaps if you have a 720p monitor.

Otherwise: fuck no!
He games on the same res as me so leave us alone :p

360 and PS3 footage looking nice. Watching those 360 vids linked earlier, hot damn!

Now I really want to see this on PC but I don't want to DL 22GB of data on my crap 1mbps internet :/

Aliasing there on the 360 vid and on either version (consoles), the textures don't look that good but as a whole the game looks really nice. I don't see an Uncharted or Gears level of texture detail though. Not yet at least.

The scale is really good though. Impressive.

Gvaz

Banned
LiquidMetal14 said:
He games on the same res as me so leave us alone :p

360 and PS3 footage looking nice. Watching those 360 vids linked earlier, hot damn!

Now I really want to see this on PC but I don't want to DL 22GB of data on my crap 1mbps internet :/
Feels good to be a gangsta (2.5MB/s download here)

Salsa

DennisK4 said:
Perhaps if you have a 720p monitor.

Otherwise: fuck no!

Gvaz said:
You only say that because you have a 720p hdtv

I have both, side to side, and it doesnt look blurry at all at its native resolution. It looks blurry as hell if you use a lower res than a monitor's native (like if you used 720p on a 1920x1080 one), but otherwise is fine. Sure the more pixel-perfect the display the better, but regarding how much difference it makes, its not even close than going from 30fps to 60fps.

You guys say that cause youre used to having great framerates on PC, but just the other day i was at a friend's house playing his xbox and locked 30fps is just terrible if youre used to 60.

Wallach said:
I still can't start my pre-load. RAGE?

Did you mistakenly pause the pre-load as well? I did. What a horrible decision. One guy on the Rage Steam forums made some sort of auto-script click to keep retrying the download overnight. He had 6000 tries, and it never did connect.

Probably not a smart thing to do to hammer the servers like that, may end up banned, but it shows the servers are so overloaded, Valve needs to do something.

RAGE building.

Wallach

SalsaShark said:
I have both, side to side, and it doesnt look blurry at all at its native resolution. It looks blurry as hell if you use a lower res than a monitor's native (like if you used 720p on a 1920x1080 one), but otherwise is fine. Sure the more pixel-perfect the display the better, but regarding how much difference it makes, its not even close than going from 30fps to 60fps.

You guys say that cause youre used to having great framerates on PC, but just the other day i was at a friend's house playing his xbox and locked 30fps is just terrible if youre used to 60.

This reads like you mean to disagree with them, but you're totally agreeing with them.

Definity

Anyone know the size of the wasteland compared to other games? Bigger than say just cause 2?
Also curious to see how well hidden the sewer entrances (preorder bonus) will be to find.

Gvaz

Banned
Yes...I don't have a 720p monitor, even my laptop is 1600x900

If you play at native res for that screen, it's going to look crisp, elsewise it will look blurry. GPU scaling can help this but it will still be reliant on whatever you're using for a screen.

Top Bottom