• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RAGE |OT| "It's done when it's done"

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
Kinda think this is looking like the FPS alternative to Skyrim. Still waiting to hear about later-game stuff before I leap in though.

spirity

Pylon_Trooper said:
I reeeaaaally want to look at that opening 20 minutes. But self control must be enacted. I want this to be a fresh experience, outside of those delicious trailers.

I got 5 seconds in, then closed it. I'm fairly proud of myself.

Gonna be a very tough wait, 7th is so far away.

The first day seemed like a week and the second day seemed like five days and the third day seemed like a week again and the fourth day seemed like eight days and the fifth day you went to see your mother and that seemed just like a day and then you came back and later on the sixth day, in then evening, when we saw each other, that started seeming like two days, so in the evening it seemed like two days spilling over into the next day and that started seeming like four days, so at the end of the sixth day on into the seventh day, it seemed like a total of five days. And the sixth day seemed like a week and a half.

Twinduct

MrTroubleMaker said:
nRCM6.jpg

:(

Same :<
Stopped at 34% to play BF3 OB.
Now I can't get this back up!

EagleEyes

LiquidMetal14 said:
Dang, PS3 version looks great. Still going PC when I get it but it's nice to see no versions are gimped.
And didn't you just blame a multiplat release for Dark Souls framerate issues. :p

eshwaaz

Pylon_Trooper said:
I reeeaaaally want to look at that opening 20 minutes. But self control must be enacted. I want this to be a fresh experience, outside of those delicious trailers.
I wish I had your willpower. I caved and watched it, and while I wish I'd been able to hold off, I am now more excited than ever. The world/environments look amazing and the combat, even with just the lowly pistol, looks really meaty and satisfying.

dogmanstaruk said:
That is crazy.

I got an adsl 2 24m connection with unlimted dl for £25 per month. NO throttling.

Not really, I'm in Canada and I got a 24m connection with unlimited dl for £33 per month. NO throttling.

Sure you're getting a better deal, but it's not too bad.

eshwaaz said:
I wish I had your willpower. I caved and watched it, and while I wish I'd been able to hold off, I am now more excited than ever. The world/environments look amazing and the combat, even with just the lowly pistol, looks really meaty and satisfying.

I gotta be honest, I'm giddy as hell, especially after Jackal Canyon...even for the amazing town areas where wandering around and just checking stuff out will be a big part of the experience for me.

But man, as much as I want to see that footage, it's only...well...for a PAL territories...little under a week away. I've got Space Marine to keep me company until then, plus the usual suspects Poimandres and I usually get up to.

id is back, my friends.

Wallach

Pylon_Trooper said:
I gotta be honest, I'm giddy as hell, especially after Jackal Canyon...even for the amazing town areas where wandering around and just checking stuff out will be a big part of the experience for me.

But man, as much as I want to see that footage, it's only...well...for a PAL territories...little under a week away. I've got Space Marine to keep me company until then, plus the usual suspects Poimandres and I usually get up to.

id is back, my friends.

I'm excited too. The only stuff I've watched are a few of the official trailers; the Jackal Canyon one you mentioned, and a couple from the OP.

Better steer clear for the last few days since a lot of us will be getting it on the 4th. Praying for a midnight Steam unlock...

FrankT

Man that is going to look so good on my big screen at 1080p 60fps. Still having a hard time deciding what to play Tuesday. Hadn't had a release date dilemma like this in quite some time.

DaBuddaDa said:
In the vids of the PS3 version the colors look more washed out than that xbox video.

PS3 version

360 Version

Hitting pause at say 9:51 (PS3) and 9:07 (360) will net you a general comparison.
Granted the feeds are varying in quality (360 version is sharper), but you can still the see art assets side by side.

.....and PS3 is noticeably blurrier =(

DaBuddaDa said:
In the vids of the PS3 version the colors look more washed out than that xbox video.

yeah i watched both in 720p and Xbox version looked a bit better to me, maybe it was the colors or slightly better textures or something, but to me it looked better. does either version have anti-aliasing? looked to me like they don't, but i'm often wrong..

i'm either going for the PS3 or PC version myself but i can't decide yet... if the PS3 version really is 60fps i will go with that (i doubt it will be).

Wallach said:
I'm excited too. The only stuff I've watched are a few of the official trailers; the Jackal Canyon one you mentioned, and a couple from the OP.

Better steer clear for the last few days since a lot of us will be getting it on the 4th. Praying for a midnight Steam unlock...

See, steering clear of this thread...it's where my self-control will falter. Don't spare the spoiler black tape, brothers! I expect lots of superlatives. They may remain for all to read.

I'm so keen to check out the car physics as much as the guns. It looks like an arcadey Leadfoot...or, if a bit lighter, a little bit Smuggler's Run-ish.

DarkChild

Banned
AgentOtaku said:
PS3 version

360 Version

Hitting pause at say 9:51 (PS3) and 9:07 (360) will net you a general comparison.
Granted the feeds are varying in quality (360 version is sharper), but you can still the see art assets side by side.

Its definitely because that guys capture card sucks a bit. All of his videos are on blurry side, even in 720p.

Vire

AgentOtaku said:
PS3 version

360 Version

Wow, the difference is pretty apparent. Maybe his capture card has problems though.

I'm getting the 360 version just to be on the safe side.

BeeDog

DarkChild said:
Its definitely because that guys capture card sucks a bit. All of his videos are on blurry side, even in 720p.

Precisely, this is not the first time a Rajman capture fucking sucks. No offense to the guy (he's often very early with lots of game footage), but seriously, check the subtitles. Shit is smeared to hell and back.

I don't get people's obsession with trying to draw conclusions at this early stage. You all should just wait for a Digital Foundry face-off.
Every single time...

DarkChild

Banned
astroturfing said:
yeah i watched both in 720p and Xbox version looked a bit better to me, maybe it was the colors or slightly better textures or something, but to me it looked better. does either version have anti-aliasing? looked to me like they don't, but i'm often wrong..

i'm either going for the PS3 or PC version myself but i can't decide yet... if the PS3 version really is 60fps i will go with that (i doubt it will be).
Carmack said they didn't have performance for any solution...Watching it I can understand why.

AgentOtaku said:
PS3 version

360 Version

Dont forget the game also has dynamic Resolution.

Geoff9920

The PS3 capture from the Rajmon video didn't look too hot. I don't think it's accurate to use that as a basis for comparison between the 360 / PS3.

legbone

DevelopmentArrested said:
Saves whatever.

Much more worried about the actual gameplay.

yeah, really. i'm glad the reviewers are bitching about the save system. if that is the only thing they can find to seriously bitch about, we are in for one hell of a game.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Is there an embargo on reviews? When's it up?

Thinking of doing Rage and DS at Kmart with $20 coupons.

..but I've avoided almost all Rage pre-hype but the pedigree makes me want to blind buy, the skeptic though says see a few review scores.

Vire

legbone said:
yeah, really. i'm glad the reviewers are bitching about the save system. if that is the only thing they can find to seriously bitch about, we are in for one hell of a game.
What's the deal with the save system? I don't know about it.

Also could you link any reviews?

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Im still on the hence about if I should get it or not. The Amazon credit is tempting but Im locked in Demon Souls so as much as I want a new game and experience, I dont need one. Wish they'd release a demo before release that way I could gauge the title without having to sink money in. Oh well I'll either wait for impressions and then pick it up or I'll instinctively buy it...just hop its good though

DaBuddaDa

Brian from Kotaku: "Rage isn't just a great game, it's a great collection of games." Apparently the card game built in that you play with NPCs is addictive as shit. Memories of Final Fantasy...

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Mastperf said:
I wouldn't call anything that's over 20gb gimped as far as storage goes.
By modern hard drive standards, 20 gb is a pathetically small amount. I wish they would have given me a 4 blu-ray install.

Top Bottom