• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RAGE |OT| "It's done when it's done"

Gvaz

Banned
EvilDick34 said:
25 minutes to go and Gvaz, you seem to be ultra negative on this game with clever(not) use of others.
I'm not making these quotes up, if that's what you think.

I'm actually moderately interested, but my standards seem to be higher than what I'm seeing in this thread, but that's just an opinion not really a fact.

Derrick01

Banned
it's entertaining enough as shooters go

I detect small amounts of saltiness in this statement which kind of renders his "review" irrelevant. It seems like he doesn't like shooters to begin with so why is he even playing Rage?

Gvaz said:
I'm not making these quotes up, if that's what you think.

I'm actually moderately interested, but my standards seem to be higher than what I'm seeing in this thread, but that's just an opinion not really a fact.

And you just proved my opinion, if you don't like it why are you shitting up the thread with Proxy opinions of people who did not like it?

M.W.

Derrick01 said:
I detect small amounts of saltiness in this statement which kind of renders his "review" irrelevant. It seems like he doesn't like shooters to begin with so why is he even playing Rage?

I detect he's a pretentious scallywag.

Derrick01 said:

Gvaz just likes to post negative *reviews* of Rage.

EvilDick34 said:
And you just proved my opinion, if you don't like it why are you shitting up the thread with Proxy opinions of people who did not like it?

Both people you're responding said they moderately liked it/interested in it

wtf dude

Gvaz

Banned
EvilDick34 said:
Because the thread should only contain the undying love for iD's first game in years, am I right?

Derrick01 said:

Mmmm, you can still enjoy a genre while being aware and tired of its shortcomings.

And last I checked 5 was average, not 7, so a 6/10 still is decent.

Any bets on whether or not Steam takes a dump in 20 minutes when all the nerds(myself included) are restarting steam over and over again to attempt an unlock lol.

JohngPR said:
My copy of Rage still hasn't shipped from Amazon...should I start worrying now? :(

I usually don't get an email until after midnight and even if the email is that late they shipped it out around 6-7pm.

LeonSKennedy90 said:
Both people you're responding said they moderately liked it/interested in it

wtf dude

Yes, he said he has moderate interest but he also said his standards are higher too and he has posted nothing but negative opinions from random people.

Gvaz

Banned
EvilDick34 said:
Yes, he said he has moderate interest but he also said his standards are higher too and he has posted nothing but negative opinions from random people.
Because of people who've been playing the game that's all I've seen posted online, plus since I've not played it myself I'm curious to know how right/wrong they are from the various gaffers who have been playing it as well.

Gvaz said:
Because the thread should only contain the undying love for iD's first game in years, am I right?

Mmmm, you can still enjoy a genre while being aware and tired of its shortcomings.

Never said there can't be negative opinions but i could just round up all your posts in this thread which show you being obviously on the negative side on this game. Either way, im not going to continue this, im hoping to enjoy the game...in 15 minutes, woo!

Vire

Marcellus Wallace said:
Standards are higher? Pedestal much?
Seriously what a fucking wanker. First he calls out console controls as being an illegitimate way to play, then he claims his standards are higher than ours. Do you realize how much of an dick you sound like right now? Take a step back and read what you are saying. You really think you are hot shit don't you? I ignored it for the better part of the thread, but this is enough. Step down from your holier than thou bullshit.

Derrick01

Banned
Gvaz said:

I'm just saying the way he said it makes it seem like he's not a fan of shooters.

It would be like me playing a jrpg and going "well it's got a lot of that anime looking crap, boring turn based random battles all the time and it's pretty linear and lasts for 20 hours....but I guess it's ok for a jrpg". How much sense would that make?

Ocaso

Gvaz said:

Average is whatever is awarded most often. In the US school system an average performer rates in the 70s, which is how games are typically scored. In that sense, 6/10 is most definitely below average.

Poker360

The reason an 85 isn't considered "great" or very good is because if you get an 85 on a test... are you thrilled about it? Sure, you passed it.. but.. it's not an A... which is what everyone tries to achieve.... and under this, a 5/10 and 6/10 would be complete shit.

Although this is not necessarily how IGN's 10 point scale works, it's how many view it.... it's a major flaw in the 10 point review scale in my opinion, ESPECIALLY with metacritic.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Gvaz said:

OT threads aren't for people to come in and bash a game they are not interested in.

Karak

Glad to hear IGN explain the length of the game. I was a bit worried after seeing 10 hours shoved around. Seems like thats main game and skipping most of the side quests of which there are tons. I am sinking back into this one.

Gvaz said:
What are you talking about? that's like 95% of games on the market
T'was a joke. If you played Borderlands you might even find it funny, because its true.

A few more minutes and I'll find out for myself. :)

JohngPR

samus4ever said:
I usually don't get an email until after midnight and even if the email is that late they shipped it out around 6-7pm.

I get all my games from Amazon and they usually give me a late shipping email, but this is the latest its ever been. Hope you are right. :)

Gvaz

Banned
Ether_Snake said:
OT threads aren't for people to come in and bash a game they are not interested in.
...regardless of my complaints I still want to play the game and I can see it being enjoyable. Dissent is unwanted I guess, which defeats the purpose of a discussion.

Ocaso said:
Average is whatever is awarded most often. In the US school system an average performer rates in the 70s, which is how games are typically scored. In that sense, 6/10 is most definitely below average.

I'm afraid I can never agree with placing academia score ranges on media. 5 is always average. Middle of the road. Not bad but not great. less is below and more is above.

There's a difference between a game with a horrible story (aka a game) that emphasizes on its shitty story and one that doesn't. Of course, that much is obvious, but it needs to be said because too many gamers are morons with an agenda at all times and expects everyone else to be the same.

A game getting knocked for its horrible story is perfectly valid if the game emphasizes on it or leans on it in a particular way. It's perfectly ok to ignore a horrible story if it doesn't.

Poker360 said:
lets say it's college algebra... i personally would be upset if i got an 85 on a college algebra test, because for me it's easy.

I work at a University and 85% is the cut off for a "high distinction" grade.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
On contrary to unlocking, where's the reviews? Wanna see some more gameplay.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Decrypting now! This will probably take a while.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
So if you live on the west coast, do you have to wait until mightnight pacific time? It's still telling me it's not released yet when I try installing my disc version.

ShdwDrake

Banned
Mutagenic said:
So if you live on the west coast, do you have to wait until mightnight pacific time? It's still telling me it's not released yet when I try installing my disc version.

Restart steam. Its what I did now its decrypting. 10:04 mtn time.

CyReN

Your Amazon.com order of "Rage" has shipped!

then I see this..

Your estimated delivery date is:
October 05, 2011

Angry.png

Prime membership is paying off.

Top Bottom