• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Kalentan

Maybe they fixed it.. But before the patch, sometimes my character would keep moving forward even without pressing the stick. The stick isn't stuck going forward. It also doesn't happen in other games, just Siege.

Did anyone else have this problem?

rinse82

Who wants to get a tournament going on GAF? That'd be fun as hell, and I'd be down to set it up.

It wouldn't be til probably late February or early march so that we can get teams together, practice and such.

Plus with the new DLC, it'll be new for all of us.

Oh hell yes

Gaz_RB

Yacht map is awesome.

Ghost bodies turning Rainbow Six into a Tactical Supernatural Shooter is not.

The yacht map is terrible. So many corners and tight hallways and tiny rooms and windows and doors and stairways...
Jesus, what a cluster fuck. You walk into a room, you can be shot from dozens of different hiding spots.

I mean that's how all the maps were before anyone knew them

Animator

The yacht map is terrible. So many corners and tight hallways and tiny rooms and windows and doors and stairways...
Jesus, what a cluster fuck. You walk into a room, you can be shot from dozens of different hiding spots.

You don't fucking know anything about how that map plays yet from 2-3 games so please refrain from hyperbole till a couple weeks pass and people actually know the map.

. You walk into a room, you can be shot from dozens of different hiding spots.

???? Isn't that every map in Siege?

I'm looking forward to trying out the new map, I told myself I'd have 25k renown by now...but I totally haven't played in 3 weeks so I think I'm only around 1500 ;/ That season pass temptation is strong!

Gaz_RB

What's that?

It's very spooky. Sometimes this black outline of a character will be stuck around your character model, blocking your vision, and sometimes other players bullets.

This looks like its getting DriveClub-esque levels of support, with regular drops of new content and new features. I'm glad to see more games running with that kind of model.

I do hope they add some new situations and/or PvE scenarios down the line as well. Seems like a great way to extend their multiplayer assets and systems without having to build out a whole campaign mode. Just new PvE scenarios in those multiplayer maps that can still act as tutorials for the multiplayer as new operators and modes get released. It'd be a win/win methinks.

Yeah I'd love some new single player content. I'm thinking super tough COD4 "Mile High Club" style missions. I don't think they need a Vegas style cinematic campaign, but I really like the idea of coop challenge maps a la Door Kickers. Take the Situations and run with them.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I mean that's how all the maps were before anyone knew them

I dunno, I had a much easier time adjusting to the other maps. Dostoyevski Cafe third floor is like this, but Yacht is like that on pretty much every floor.

You don't fucking know anything about how that map plays yet from 2-3 games so please refrain from hyperbole till a couple weeks pass and people actually know the map.

No need to get offended. And you should probably proofread to make sure you're not hypocritical.

Raytow

I'm looking forward to trying out the new map, I told myself I'd have 25k renown by now...but I totally haven't played in 3 weeks so I think I'm only around 1500 ;/ That season pass temptation is strong!
Benstillerdoit.gif

It's very spooky. Sometimes this black outline of a character will be stuck around your character model, blocking your vision, and sometimes other players bullets.

Huh. Is that console only? Steam says I've put 100 hrs into Siege and I've never seen nor experienced that one.

Klyka

Banned
This looks like its getting DriveClub-esque levels of support, with regular drops of new content and new features. I'm glad to see more games running with that kind of model.

I do hope they add some new situations and/or PvE scenarios down the line as well. Seems like a great way to extend their multiplayer assets and systems without having to build out a whole campaign mode. Just new PvE scenarios in those multiplayer maps that can still act as tutorials for the multiplayer as new operators and modes get released. It'd be a win/win methinks.

Sadly the devs have said they do not have any plans for new single player content :(

Reule

Ghost Body glitch needs to get patched ASAP. Speaking of glitches, have you noticed when you place a Welcome Mat down as Frost that you have a man's voice?

seems to be console only?
Perhaps. We had at least one player affected every round on the PS4. Black weapon skins as well too on occasion. Really frustrating, since it can sometimes simultaniously screw you by blocking your vision, and benefit your enemy by making them bulletproof.

Seems to be a different ghost model for each character, with different effects on your gameplay. Rook's blocks his crouching vision, Doc's is mostly clear, but he can't see if he leans left while prone, etc.

NeoGiff

Pure idiocy.

eHF57bC.jpg

Pure idiocy.

Bad Kapkan! Bad!

Although I suppose Castle could have put his barricade over the window after Kapkan rigged his trap.

Well,it's a new bug introduced with this patch.

I just played 20 rounds on PC, no problems there at all.
Smooth as silk and got tons of kills Buck and Frost already.

Buck is AMAZING.

Oooh, I thought it present prior to the patch.

Glad to hear the game is playing well.

Patch notes look promising as well as the new operators and map. Hopefully they can sort out some of these new bugs that have surfaced along with the Kapkan glitch pretty quickly.

HiiiLife

So my rank FINALLLLY changed after staying silver 2 for what seemed like forever. What's the gold with two stripes and two stars in the middle???? Gold two?

had a match where the entire opposing team were recruits with riot shields

they got wrecked because we had a smoke on our team but interesting strategy nonetheless

Klyka

Banned
had a match where the entire opposing team were recruits with riot shields

they got wrecked because we had a smoke on our team but interesting strategy nonetheless

It actually is a pretty common "pub stomp" strategy that will work against lower level teams pretty well.

Has anyone actually tried a fully simultaneous window and door breach at the same time? Like, full on badass "detonate the breach charge while rappeling in the window" kinda thing? I wonder if the shock would be enough to actually be effective against the defenders...or if it would just be a slaughter, haha.

elguero

Ghostman bug is actually pretty spooky haha.

I made the move from ACOGs to red dots last night and my play significantly improved. Had to use the ACOG as a crutch early in the game since I didn't know the maps but now that I have the map knowledge to have some mobility the red dot has been a huge help.

Uhh, my PC copy acting a bit weird; can't do T-Hunt or Multi, and the second Situation is locked despite me having 3 stars on the 1st and 3rd Sits :/

Very keen to play new map w/ operators.

Top Bottom