• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Klyka

Banned
G1FYGWq.jpg

New pic of US operator coming in April.

directly from 4chan

quality may be low cause of unfinished model being used for testing.

How's buck? Got the pass can't wait to play as him and frost tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDkOA5rj4CA

He's boss.

JackEtc

My voice chat on ps4 hasn't been working since the update. It shows the icon on the scoreboard that I have a headset plugged in, but nothing happens/it doesn't light up when I speak. Anyone else?

So frustrating to play without it.

Gaz_RB

My voice chat on ps4 hasn't been working since the update. It shows the icon on the scoreboard that I have a headset plugged in, but nothing happens/it doesn't light up when I speak. Anyone else?

So frustrating to play without it.

Yup. voice chat works, it just doesn't light up anymore.

Just picked this up tonight... Haven't played Rainbow since Vegas... I'm terrible. Learning curve is steep, but I'm enjoying it so far.

Drewfonse

I had this weird glitch just now that caused my screen to turn bright blue except for one narow, long rectangle that I could see through near my gun. BIZARRO.

Still takes a while to get into games and still getting the matchmaking error. That almost makes this update obsolete for me. Getting so tired of this.

KodaRuss

Ended my night with the last kill of the match. It was a bear trap kill, just awesome.

Anyone else think Buck kinda sucks? Really needs a grip on that AR.

KodaRuss

G1FYGWq.jpg

New pic of US operator coming in April.

directly from 4chan

quality may be low cause of unfinished model being used for testing.

That sleeve tattoo just doesnt make much sense to me. Its a polynesian tattoo and she is very white with bleach blonde hair. Also, as a Seal it just doesnt make sense to do something like that that would really make you stand out?

Maybe I am just taking it all too seriously or just missing something entirely.

I just repelled into a room onto a Frost trap and it killed me. 100% health. Huh?

Yep. This is a thing. I swear Ubisoft doesnt test this shit.

This is undoubtedly unintended, but someone on reddit explained it well:

The Rappel stance/animation doesn't have a "downed" state. If you are shot in rappel mode, you die instantly.

Since you are rappelling onto the trap, you are getting killed in rapel mode, as there is no "downed" state when you are rapelling.

I strongly doubt this is intentional, but Im really ticked with how this passes QA.

That sleeve tattoo just doesnt make much sense to me. Its a polynesian tattoo and she is very white with bleach blonde hair. .

Makes perfect sense lol

The castle glitch is fixed son.

It's in the patch notes and has been tried and proven fixed.

Saw a post-patch video. It's still there

Erban1

Usually when I run with gaffers we win most games, but tonight we came upon a squad with 2 Diamonds on it and got demolished. It feels good to still get humbled every once in awhile even with a skilled squad.

Deception

What's the point of being able to select map preferences if it just puts you on any map anyways? Have yet to actually play Yacht.

For a change of pace here is my impressions of fighting against the new operators:

Frost is easily the more deadly of the two in my limited experience. Her shotgun is lethal at a good distance and her SMG while having a low fire rate is pretty accurate making her good at holding longer hallways and angles. Right now people are still not used to her traps I ran into a few over the night, but I think once people get used to how they look the easy downs won't be as prevalent. They'll probably be good more for denying an area than actually triggering, or knowing an enemy is pushing due to them shooting to destroy it.

Buck seems kind of standard to be honest, like the safe offensive Op that doesn't have a crucial ability to the objective but one that just makes him a good all around attacker. He's like the Rook of attackers. I didn't find any of his weapons to be stand out when fighting against him all night. Not like Ash where you see her and instantly die.

For a change of pace here is my impressions of fighting against the new operators:

Frost is easily the more deadly of the two in my limited experience. Her shotgun is lethal at a good distance and her SMG while having a low fire rate is pretty accurate making her good at holding longer hallways and angles. Right now people are still not used to her traps I ran into a few over the night, but I think once people get used to how they look the easy downs won't be as prevalent. They'll probably be good more for denying an area than actually triggering, or knowing an enemy is pushing due to them shooting to destroy it.

Buck seems kind of standard to be honest, like the safe offensive Op that doesn't have a crucial ability to the objective but one that just makes him a good all around attacker. He's like the Rook of attackers. I didn't find any of his weapons to be stand out when fighting against him all night. Not like Ash where you see her and instantly die.

the fact they can be shocked up with the barbed wire and bear trap combo is great because the fact the emp grenade from thatcher can throw them off and think its taken...

the fact they can be shocked up with the barbed wire and bear trap combo is great because the fact the emp grenade from thatcher can throw them off and think its taken...

My group actually found the shock wire to be a bad thing for concealing bear traps, because since they make noise they draw the player's crosshair to the trap to destroy the battery where they see that there is a mat underneath. Just a wire on top is pretty good concealment though, and it leaves the shock traps free for reinforced walls.

Quick question about Frost, can her trap be destroyed if it's place by a window barricade and the barricade is destroyed by a breaching charged?

Klyka

Banned
Well then let me play the new map somehow. I'll let you troubleshoot that for me.

Ubisoft has to make the preference settings factor more into the matchmaking.
If you select only a single map in your preferences, the game should look for all matches with open spots on that map first and everything else should be secondary.
And if there are no open spots in a match on that map on your server region open,it needs to create a new one.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Man...I never thought turning off V-sync would make terrorist hunt so fucking addicting. This game is everything after the patch, Love it!
I find the the inconsistent framerate nauseating. At least on Yacht, where I tested it.

Haven't got the new map yet but I forgot about setting my preferences so I'm going to try that tonight. Didn't have any standout rounds last night, didn't do so well a lot of the time. I did have one game where our last teammate thought that you had to manually melee the bomb to destroy it instead of holding down the button. He just sat there hitting it until we lost

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

KodaRuss

I got quite a few bear trap DBNOs last night. My only problem is figuring out which trap got set off, I am sprinting across the map checking them all when I see it go off.

I only played a custom match of the Yacht (never got into an actual game) and it is pretty dang confusing. 4 levels and a 5th top level that is outside.

This is hilarious (from Reddit)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbfHHmpqcws

EDIT: I think I said it before but Frost's submachine gun might be a little OP, it is very good from any range it seems. Coming from kills I had and deaths by her hand.

Top Bottom