• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

HiiiLife

I had heard people rave about Glaz and figured he'd be easy mode, but he's still a pretty niche operator. VERY high damage gun, but it's semi auto and his main ability is a scope with a decent amount of zoom, which makes it hard to use in *all* situations.

Still, he was one of my favs because his rifle is so satisfying to use and looks fucking awesome.

Actually, I'm really impressed with almost all the weapon models as well as their "material" texture/shaders.

My go to in the beta was Twitch because her primary was the closest I could get to a sniper. A marksman rifle with a two shot down I believe? Accurate as hell, and a quick double tap did the job. It wasn't even funny. So it was kind of a no brainier for me to use Glaz when I found out his rifle was essentially a one shot. Just slap a holographic sight and I'm good to go.

Can't say I've killed too many operators with his scope though, with how much CQB is in this game, the holo sight alone has sufficed.

I think I've only used the scope ever on Hereford Base when some dummy was looking out the window at our spawn point. Same with the map Kanal.

ukas

Played my first few games (PS4). Super intense, just like the beta. Headphones definitely required. I've only been playing randoms and it's been fun, I gotta get some of my friends to grab this asap.

Also, is Amazon out of Siege copies???

Just got this from Amazon.

Hello,

We're contacting you about your order for "Rainbow Six Siege." We realize that we have may missed your delivery promise and apologize for the inconvenience. As a result, we have deposited a $10.00 promotional credit to your account. Your credit can be used on items shipped and sold by Amazon.com, and does not expire. You will still receive the game. You can track the status of your order under Your Orders on Amazon.com. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sincerely,
Customer Service
Amazon.com

Please note: this e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

Can't say I've killed too many operators with his scope though, with how much CQB is in this game, the holo sight alone has sufficed.

I think I've only used the scope ever on Hereford Base when some dummy was looking out the window at our spawn point. Same with the map Kanal.

It's very useful when there are differences in lighting between outdoors and indoors. When you're outside during the day, looking into a dark house, the scope "equalizes" the lighting and helps you see inside.

Also found it really useful to snipe with from outside the house in the various perches. If you know the room or area that enemies are in, you can put breaching charges (or have your team help) on windows that give you vantage points, get to your perch, arm the charge, then snipe in or provide overwatch.

HiiiLife

Also.

It is amazing how many people lack situational awareness as an attacker.

I've caught so many people with their dicks out because I left our territory to see them rappelling outside the building. Sometimes it's the only way I could get the drop on THEM when they're putting pressure on defenders.

Just kill them before the 5 seconds puts you on their map, and go right back in your building. Is it cheap? I don't really care. Lol.

Xeilyn

Sigh fine, ill pick this up for PS4 tomorrow. I just hope there are some EU gaf peeps playing though

Karak

On PC people have been surprisingly friendly and most seem to have a mic, which was/is a surprise to me.
While working on my review the only thing I can say is. I have run into 2 types.
Nice lots of teamwork. 1-2 I noticed from here on Gaf actually.

And kick you if your good.
I have been kicked so many times I lost count. In a room I duck no one else does they all die.
"Kick him he is a hacking POS"
Hilariously I am going to put some of that footage in the review. But not so funny...it sucks if your trying to get review footage and everyone just sucks horribly.
Also host dropping happens constantly. Do they get a penalty for that?

HiiiLife

If youre a defender GAF, think of a sure way to take advantage of that 5 second timer.

My personal fav is when I'm a defender on Hereford. There's a staircase in the corner of 2F that leads OUTSIDE & UP to the 3F. Well within a 5 second time span.

And you'll almost always see an attacker on his rope outside this side of the building (that obviously isn't paying attention because he's too busy busting boards looking inside for defenders).

Or you can breach into your own door on the 3F from the outside in and completely flank your enemies from the top floor, as the attackers make their way down. And you won't even come up on the radar because it can be done in like...4.5 seconds.

Situational awareness man. Use it. Lol.

So what platform is everyone playing this on? I'm leaning towards Xbox One simply because I need a comfy shooter and the Xbox One controller is my favorite between that and the DS4, and I'm a little nervous about the PC version and it's community since Battlefront already seems to be on it's way out.

Which version should I bite on?

Im level 22 already and I love it more than the alpha and two closed beta. I love how pretty much every class has it's place.

The community for this, in my experience so far on PS4, has been almost eerily good, easily the best group of players maybe ever in regards into playing with randoms, and then becoming friends with everyone. Everyone is relaxed and the teamwork is almost always top notch. I didn't think anything would take my GOTY award from Bloodborne, but for me personally, this does it. I won't be playing anything but this for quite awhile.

Right now (randomly), I'd say my top 5 operators to play in regards to fun are Glaz, Twitch (just realizing how great this class is, I've wrecked so much havok with it recently), Ash, Pulse, and Blitz. Although if they aren't being played, I kinda feel like I almost have to play Thermite on offense, and Castle and Rook on defense. Mute to a lesser extent.

Played my first few games (PS4). Super intense, just like the beta. Headphones definitely required. I've only been playing randoms and it's been fun, I gotta get some of my friends to grab this asap.

Also, is Amazon out of Siege copies???

That sucks. Best Buy had my RSS pre-order yesterday but not my Just Cause 3. They said they hadn't received their shipment and couldn't tell me when they were going to get it in even though I swore I saw a few copies on their back counter at customer service the night before when I pre-ordered it. I had to ask to speak to a manager to get a $10 gift card for compensation, since I decided to buy it at another store that actually had it, and therefore wouldn't get my $10 pre-order cert. I went to another Best Buy that they said had it in stock and they didn't have it either. Finally after 20 minutes the guy came back with a single copy and still didn't put any more out on shelves. It was all very strange.

Karak

So what platform is everyone playing this on? I'm leaning towards Xbox One simply because I need a comfy shooter and the Xbox One controller is my favorite between that and the DS4, and I'm a little nervous about the PC version and it's community since Battlefront already seems to be on it's way out.

despite the 900p. Honestly they play identical. This will be a game that a nice controller that you enjoy and a friends list will be deciding factors.

I'm sort of hoping this game doesn't catch big numbers, so it doesn't get steamrollered by those aren't willing to learn it's a 'different type of shooter'.

I debated which to get it on too but with JC3 already melting my PS4 I decided to go with the ONE on this one. The controller is definitely better but I also went with the ONE for this because PS4 multiplayer games are strangely quiet and this seems like a game where communication is key. All my friends happen to be on the ONE too though so maybe I'm just imagining things.

iMax

Anyone else noticed that when you throw a flash/stun grenade, the first few frames of the animation show it as a frag grenade? Kinda weird.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I only played for about 2 1/2 hours last night - and never got a chance to play it before release - but I've been thinking about this game all.day.long. Can't wait to play another couple hours tonight... maybe I'll actually get a kill or two, too ;p

Gaz_RB

has anyone posted any good gameplay vids? trying to sell this to my friends but I need a good way to do it.

Check the bottom of the OT, in the FAQ. If that vid doesn't sell someone, they're dead inside.

I only played for about 2 1/2 hours last night - and never got a chance to play it before release - but I've been thinking about this game all.day.long. Can't wait to play another couple hours tonight... maybe I'll actually get a kill or two, too ;p

Yeah I've been thinking about this game all day. Can't wait to get home and play more. It's given me that competitive itch where I'm not just playing for fun--although it is plenty of fun-- but I'm playing because I want to get better. I don't get that drive with a lot of games.

The community for this, in my experience so far on PS4, has been almost eerily good, easily the best group of players maybe ever in regards into playing with randoms, and then becoming friends with everyone. Everyone is relaxed and the teamwork is almost always top notch. I didn't think anything would take my GOTY award from Bloodborne, but for me personally, this does it. I won't be playing anything but this for quite awhile.

Yeah, the community is surprisingly great. It was good playing with you last night, btw, despite all the matchmaking/lag issues. We should play again sometime.

Menthuss

It's really frustrating when you have to defend and your team decides to barricade themselves in a very small room. All the attackers have to do at that point is breach from two sides and you're fucked because you have nowhere to escape to.

HiiiLife

Finally got into a ranked match. I was by myself.

Never again.

I don't think I've been shitted on so bad in my life lol.

I've taken the safe route and decided to Redbox this for the weekend on Xbone. Between the girlfriend and I Christmas shopping, our funds are a little scarce until our next paychecks roll in so I'm going to roll with the full game for a bit to see if it's worth $60.

I've taken the safe route and decided to Redbox this for the weekend on Xbone. Between the girlfriend and I Christmas shopping, our funds are a little scarce until our next paychecks roll in so I'm going to roll with the full game for a bit to see if it's worth $60.

I just did the same. Redbox is such a great service for times like these.

Ughhhh I wanna go home and play

has anyone posted any good gameplay vids? trying to sell this to my friends but I need a good way to do it.

I posted this earlier, teamwork, distractions and the other team not paying attention allowed this to happen. Plus the c4 explosion is the best

Lingitiz

If you have the option to play on PC you can get this game for like 25-30 bucks. Very low risk that way in case you don't like it.

I'm loving it so far.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Well well, as someone that typically dislikes multiplayer shooters (only because I'm terrible at them) Rainbow Six has me hooked. This really damn good. Brings back memories of classic Spies bs Mercs Splinter Cell. Finally starting to do well at it.

I am reaaaaaaally enjoying this game.

Some time it's ironic. Was hyped for Battlefront and got frustrated about how bad it was.
Got R6 as free promotion with my new graphics card and love it having no expectations.

Animator

I am having an incredible amount of fun going lone wolf in attack and defend and trying to flank the enemy team and set up traps where they won't expect.

Haines

Banned
Game is installing in the background for a few minutes. They unlock the SP challenges for you to do while you wait though

OK I guess it just doesn't show an install bar anywhere or tell me that.odd

I should do the situations to learn and get practice anyways

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Impressions seem pretty good so far and I'm really enjoying it myself. Now to see how long it takes to become the "worst game ever" on here.

Is this game worth it? Tried Black Ops 3 this year didn't like it so I need a shooter for the year. I don't have friends on ps4 who are picking this up and don't have a mic yet but am grabbing one this week.

Anyone on XB1?

Bloodbathnbyond

Added. Add yourself to the player list in OP, too. I'm Gareth Marenghi.

Is this game worth it? Tried Black Ops 3 this year didn't like it so I need a shooter for the year. I don't have friends on ps4 who are picking this up and don't have a mic yet but am grabbing one this week.

Depends--it's a niche shooter, but really good at what it does. I guess it could kinda be described as a sandbox tactical shooter that revolves around the MOBA-ish "Operators", each with a specific ability/skill.

Top Bottom