• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

I'll be interested to see how badly Ubi screws up the SAS SMG balancing. It clearly needs an accuracy nerf but not much of one. With the tiny mag and little ammo to begin with it's really not that op'd. It just shouldn't be able to hit quite as far as it does now.

Klyka

Banned
Interested in picking this game up during the Steam sale and I was wondering how are the servers performing nowadays?

the servers on PC have been rock solid for weeks for me and my friends.
we play with 3-5 people every day and we never have DCs, we have no crashes, the matchmaking takes a maximum of 30 seconds.

Note that this is my own personal experience and I can not speak for other people/the general public.

Got a chance to play a few round with each of the operators. Frost seems really solid, the trap really catches people off guard if you put it in the right place. Love waiting for team mates to come and revive the guy I trapped and hitting them both.

Buck just seems kind of pointless? I was excited to use him but the auto rifle has a lot of recoil and is annoying to use, and he shotgun seems pretty week. Haven't tried the marksman rifle yet though.

Beaulieu

Buck just seems kind of pointless? I was excited to use him but the auto rifle has a lot of recoil and is annoying to use, and he shotgun seems pretty week. Haven't tried the marksman rifle yet though.

shotgun holes into walls, switch to rifle to kill people on the other side = very good

Klyka

Banned
Got a chance to play a few round with each of the operators. Frost seems really solid, the trap really catches people off guard if you put it in the right place. Love waiting for team mates to come and revive the guy I trapped and hitting them both.

His shotgun has crazy range and accuracy it is utterly fantastic and the speed you can switch weapons is awesome.

Buck is pure offense operator, I love the man.

There's been a lot of complaints here that his shotgun is OP.
Compared to Frost? Seems like Frost has the real ranged beast of a shottie according to the videos I've seen.

Count me in the pro-Buck camp too, just for Terrorist Hunt. The utility of having a shotgun and rifle for lone wolfing is great.

NHale

Can anyone here confirm that if I buy the Season Pass from the US PSN Store, the new operators unlock on my primary EU account as well?

Since the The Crew DLC debacle, I'm not sure anymore.

So, just picked up the Gold Edition PS4 for 39.99 at Target (in-store sale).

Game is still sealed and I am still on a the fence a little. Got some quick questions:

1) Are there still rampant server issues?

2) Is it pretty easy to get GAF games going on PS4? None of my buds play on PS4

3) How is the game with PUGs?

4) Is this a game where you will get utterly decimated if you don't continually keep up?

5) Am I just being a baby and should play the game?

I tried to find the answers to this online, and no luck. The closest was a reddit post from when the game came out, but it turned into a shit show of people being dicks to each other.

*What are the most favored by pros/GAF attachments for guns?

Red dot? Acogs?

Silencer? No Silencer?

Valkrai

I tried to find the answers to this online, and no luck. The closest was a reddit post from when the game came out, but it turned into a shit show of people being dicks to each other.

Red dot? Acogs?

Silencer? No Silencer?

If you're on PC, ACOG and Compensator. ACOG is a lot different on PC compared to console in terms of use.

Red dot? Acogs?

Silencer? No Silencer?

I run the Aimpoint Micro (red dot) and no silencer. I don't think the silencer is worth the reduction in damage. I do run the Acog on the MP7 because it's a headshot monster, also the 417.

Not sure, I'm a PC user. Don't use a silencer for sure, heard Holographic Sight is very reliable on console.

I was reading and people said that it was something like 1 extra bullet needed to kill someone with silencer on vs without it.

I read silencer is the go to in Terrorist hunt, but for PvP it's preference?

What do you prefer over the silencer?

Valkrai

I was reading and people said that it was something like 1 extra bullet needed to kill someone with silencer on vs without it.

I read silencer is the go to in Terrorist hunt, but for PvP it's preference?

What do you prefer over the silencer?

Most times I use a Compensator. If that's not available or depending on personal preference, a Flash Hider is also a decent option.

What about on console? I'm on PS4.

On attack I usually run Mute and Sledge.

On defend I am Rook or Kapkan,

I'm not near my Xbox but Kapkan has an awesome sight for his 9mm primary. I'm sure someone else will know the name offhand, but the projection mechanism is out of the way and mount is thin and out of the way. I know it has an arrow point up and a straight line across the point of the arrow.

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to switch it up when I get back on the game Friday.

Is there a list of "did you know?" things about the game anywhere?

I learned a ton of stuff today and I feel there's probably a lot I'm unsure of.

I.E Smoke is the only one able to stand in his yellow smoke. You can put electricity on shields. You can put a breach charge before hitting enter into a window so that as you are about to propel in you can blow it up as you kick off to come in as a single motion.

Lots of other little tidbits too. I enjoyed learning you can shoot the hostage twice, then laying near them when the opposite team comes could get you the win if they shoot the hostage even once on accident.

Or placing breach charges where you put your defuser box lets you stay out of the room entirely, and you can simply detonate it to blow someone up if they aren't paying attention.

HiiiLife

When you're the only defender on the objective and the other 4 are off roaming the map not getting kills or communicating. Greatest feeling ever. And kids wonder why we lose defense matches. Too busy trying to kill whore leaving one person actually trying to defend.

shotgun holes into walls, switch to rifle to kill people on the other side = very good

His shotgun has crazy range and accuracy it is utterly fantastic and the speed you can switch weapons is awesome.

Buck is pure offense operator, I love the man.

There's been a lot of complaints here that his shotgun is OP.

Compared to Frost? Seems like Frost has the real ranged beast of a shottie according to the videos I've seen.

Count me in the pro-Buck camp too, just for Terrorist Hunt. The utility of having a shotgun and rifle for lone wolfing is great.

I'll have to give him another shot then! Granted it was 6am here and I was on 4 hours sleep, so maybe I was just playing bad. I generally like offensive shotgun play so maybe I'll come around.

Who are the new operators?

If I finish Oxenfree today, I'll get back into Siege.

Are you asking about the Black Ice operators? Canadian Special Forces JTF-2. The attacker is Buck and his special ability is a under-barrel mounted shotgun. And the defender is Frost who uses a mechanical trap
a bear trap

Thinking about getting the season pass :/ 25000 is alot for a new operator especially when I only play ~7 hours a week.

I hate these team killing bastards. Why is there no ban system for this?

Yup, I wouldnt say its ruined too many of my matches but it forces the match to not be a balanced. And for me I find enjoyment when a match feels balanced. It makes the wins more satisfying as it's usually closer instead of a 1-way sweep
Not that I mind sweeping an enemy team from pure skill that is

Didn't know about two shot-ing the hostage. Does that work as attackers as well? Cause I totally would do that to bait the enemy.

BTW other than maybe hostage people need to stop barricading every wall to a room in the other modes unless the team all agrees to and is coordinating in the room together. It doesn’t allow roamers to come back and forth between rooms or cover rooms through holes in the wall. The worst is when you intentionally make a hole to look out of and some teammate comes and barricades over the hole…..

BTW other than maybe hostage people need to stop barricading every wall to a room in the other modes unless the team all agrees to and is coordinating in the room together. It doesn’t allow roamers to come back and forth between rooms or cover rooms through holes in the wall. The worst is when you intentionally make a hole to look out of and some teammate comes and barricades over the hole…..

I do and will do it every time. If you make a hole, in a wall or window, you need to be prepared to watch that hole for the entire round. If not you've basically given the opposing team a noise free look into the objective that I now have to watch to protect myself. That pisses me off more than anything and it's a selfish move on your part.(if you aren't guarding it through the entirety of the round). I always ask that if someone makes a hole, thst they have a shield to place in front of it, so if they die/want to stop watching it, it doesn't penalize the rest of the team.

I play in a lot of rounds where a team has 3 + roamers and I want/need everything in he objective barricaded so that I can hear which direction the enemy is attempting to breach the room from. 9/10 those kill seeking roamers die and I'm left to defend the objective by myself.

I do and will do it every time. If you make a hole, in a wall or window, you need to be prepared to watch that hole for the entire round. If not you've basically given the opposing team a noise free look into the objective that I now have to watch to protect myself. That pisses me off more than anything and it's a selfish move on your part.(if you aren't guarding it through the entirety of the round). I always ask that if someone makes a hole, thst they have a shield to place in front of it, so if they die/want to stop watching it, it doesn't penalize the rest of the team.

I play in a lot of rounds where a team has 3 + roamers and I want/need everything in he objective barricaded so that I can hear which direction the enemy is attempting to breach the room from. 9/10 those kill seeking roamers die and I'm left to defend the objective by myself.

Lol, yea I totally agree with you on most of that(except the shield part). I rarely leave the area unless I absolutely need to like when there is a fuze charge, or id the objective is being be contested from a position that the hole won't have a view from or if know an enemy is passing or about to pass by from a separate close-by room/hall. And for the latter I communicate that I'm doing it over mic. IMO as a whole the positives outweigh the negative that the attackers have a possible new hole to shoot from.

Lol, yea I totally agree with you on most of that(except the shield part). I rarely leave the area unless I absolutely need to like when there is a fuze charge, or id the objective is being be contested from a position that the hole won't have a view from or if know an enemy is passing or about to pass by from a separate close-by room/hall. And for the latter I communicate that I'm doing it over mic. IMO as a whole the positives outweigh the negative that the attackers have a possible new hole to shoot from.

Don't get me wrong, I use the kill hole too, but too often I get killed because someone makes one and then walks away from it and I end up getting shot in the back.

been able to stymie the bad hit registration by almost exclusively using shotguns--helped me discover just how good of a roamer pulse is

That's very sad. Ubi needs to get on this.

Klyka

Banned
I do love Frost's traps

https://youtu.be/oSVwCqazhKc?t=139

Btw, that was me and my friend playing with 3 randoms. We lost the first two rounds without much communication and then I talked to the three,they all got on their mics and we managed to turn a 0-2 into a 3-2 victory, hence our celebration at the end :D

Love the community

I'm so done with this game.

- Matchmaking still broken
- Long loading times returning
- hit detection is a joke
- netcode is a joke
- bugs,bugs,bugs
- glitches, glitches, glitches
- teamkillers everywhere
- patches that make things worse

Nope. I'm not defending the game anymore. I'm going to sell it. I'm not wasting my time anymore.

Klyka

Banned
I hope so. The Glaz-Invisible-Shield-bug is annoying (along other things). I don't understand how Ubisoft is even thinking about competitive pro-gaming in esports.

We already have the ESL tournament running.
Hundreds of teams have played last weekend.

They just banned Glaz and admins look out for glitch abuse.

I watched about 4 hours of high level play with spectator mode, it was awesome.

- netcode is a joke
- bugs,bugs,bugs
- teamkillers everywhere

Nope. I'm not defending the game anymore. I'm going to sell it. I'm not wasting my time anymore.

Stuff like this is making me wary about opening the game

:/

- netcode is a joke
- bugs,bugs,bugs
- teamkillers everywhere

Have only been playing situations, lone wolf and co-op terrorist hunt (no matchmaking) and thankfully haven't run into any of this. PvP looks like its a mess, especially on PC.

consoles are pretty fucked atm, PC is smooth sailing apart from the hitreg which is all on platforms.
Heh, I get the opposite impression because you don't see the kind of exploits on the consoles that you see on PC.

Stuff like this is making me wary about opening the game

:/

I don't think anyone on here has complained as much or has been as critical of this game as I have, but I've still enjoyed the 150 hours I've put in since launch. You'll have frustrating moments, and they'll start to wear on you more as you play, but you're still gonna have a lot of fun and get to play a pretty unique game. For $40, I say you're safe.

I still play 10-15 matches a day on PC without a problem and so do my friends.

Honestly, it's the same for me on X1. The Perfect Dark's post is pretty melodramatic.

Matchmaking, more often than not, works fine for me. I'm saying 8-9 times out of 10. Ranked and Casual.

It can still take a little while, but usually not more than 3 minutes, and that's usually when there are four of us and trying to find one (which Ubi has acknowledged as something they're working on).

Don't know what he's talking about with long load times. They're fine--same as they've been for the past month.

Team killers--well, welcome to games with friendly fire on.

"Patches that make things worse"--yup, we officially have a grand total of one patch that made things, overall, worse, even as it brought a lot of other improvements. The patches prior were all improvements over the last ones.

For me, the biggest annoyance right now is the Kapkan glitch and other exploits. I've run into the wonky headshot hitboxes a few times, too, but some people on reddit think it may be a stealth nerf to headshots (they have zero evidence for this, of course).

EDIT: Oh yeah, black Jesus is a pain...apparently. I've only played for about 4-5 hours since the patch/update last week, but haven't run into it yet.

Klyka

Banned
Have only been playing situations, lone wolf and co-op terrorist hunt (no matchmaking) and thankfully haven't run into any of this. PvP looks like its a mess, especially on PC.

Heh, I get the opposite impression because you don't see the kind of exploits on the consoles that you see on PC.

which exploits specifically?

And the consoles have black jesus bug, which alone fucks almost every round from what you read.

Valkrai

Specifically the hitboxes not registering and the exploits absolutely need to be fixed next update.

Glaz was banned in the recent tourney and the winning team used a major exploit to kill players when they literally unable to fire their weapon due to them still spawning.

Not only that but one of the matches we played were riddled with bullets not registering or not counting as a headshot.

This game can do well as an esport but Ubi really needs to crack down on these bugs as its getting increasingly frustrating.

Top Bottom