• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Klyka

Banned
Specifically the hitboxes not registering and the exploits absolutely need to be fixed next update.

Glaz was banned in the recent tourney and the winning team used a major exploit to kill players when they literally unable to fire their weapon due to them still spawning.

Not only that but one of the matches we played were riddled with bullets not registering or not counting as a headshot.

This game can do well as an esport but Ubi really needs to crack down on these bugs as its getting increasingly frustrating.

The spawn killing ain't an exploit, it's a terrible flaw in level design.

Ubisoft knows about it though.

Valkrai

The spawn killing ain't an exploit, it's a terrible flaw in level design.

Ubisoft knows about it though.

There's a difference between waiting out to get a peek and having near perfect visibility of a spawn and being able to kill players before they're in the map.

The pro scene can do wonders for this game as things like this will be fixed quickly thanks to the players. Like that Fnatic boost on Overpass.

Edit: Our team never ran into it, thank god. It's a map that'll be banned for us until its fixed. Even though I have... very different feelings about that team, it's good that Ubi is aware now.

Klyka

Banned
There's a difference between waiting out to get a peek and having near perfect visibility of a spawn and being able to kill players before they're in the map.

The pro scene can do wonders for this game as things like this will be fixed quickly thanks to the players. Like that Fnatic boost on Overpass.

Well,yes, the difference is terrible level design flaw XD
No one was exploiting,they were just using the level to their advantage.

But it has to and will be fixed.

I hope so. The Glaz-Invisible-Shield-bug is annoying (along other things). I don't understand how Ubisoft is even thinking about competitive pro-gaming in esports.

What is that exactly? Not trying to abuse any glitches or anything. I just want to know because I have seen a case of a Glaz not getting hit recently on my friends cam when it seemed like he should have been.

Klyka

Banned
What is that exactly? Not trying to abuse any glitches or anything. I just want to know because I have seen a case of a Glaz not getting hit recently on my friends cam when it seemed like he should have been.

Glaz can shoot at Castle walls and if he shoots them enough they break down but only on Glaz's screen. So he can see through them,but for everyone else they are still closed.

You can circumvent this somewhat by meleeing a Castle barricade once after you set it up, because then if Castle shoots it enough,it will break down for everyone,not just for him.

edit http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1387492-PC-Global-Scheduled-Maintenance-11FEB2016-10-00AM-EST

Well,with a little luck we'll get patch 2.1 tomorrow!

Nice a patch! I haven't had too many issues. Finding games really fast and stuff. I haven't seen the Castle glitch and I just look for the anchor for Kapkan's. Not the laser.

I don't know anything about the xbox one version but the PS4 version is pretty much fucked. Estimated waiting time for a casual match is 2 minutes right know. Even after the time is over the game doesn't find any players.
This game is broken. Maybe the xbox one version runs better, I don't know. But honestly I don't care anymore.

Edit: that doesn't mean it's like this every day.

Edit: Now it's 3 minutes and 15 seconds.

Klyka

Banned
PC matchmaking takes like 30 seconds.

Really wonder what's up with the consoles.
I take it your NAT type is open?

Also,which region are you in?

PC matchmaking takes like 30 seconds.

Really wonder what's up with the consoles.
I take it your NAT type is open?

Also,which region are you in?

Nat is open, everything works fine. It's the game and it's a new issue. Never had this problem before. Another day another bug!

Edit: PAL (europe)

So, just picked up the Gold Edition PS4 for 39.99 at Target (in-store sale).

Game is still sealed and I am still on a the fence a little. Got some quick questions:

1) Are there still rampant server issues?

2) Is it pretty easy to get GAF games going on PS4? None of my buds play on PS4

3) How is the game with PUGs?

4) Is this a game where you will get utterly decimated if you don't continually keep up?

5) Am I just being a baby and should play the game?

1) Server issues are not rampant

2) Very easy. Just add some of us.

3) PUGs?

4) No. But you will need to learn maps, camera locations, good operators, etc. Truth is, the maps are huge, but I do enjoy learning them. Casual mode has a lot of casual players and newbies so the climb wont be hard.

There are some annoying bugs atm, but they are getting patched in like a week.

I'm so done with this game.

- Matchmaking still broken
- Long loading times returning
- hit detection is a joke
- netcode is a joke
- bugs,bugs,bugs
- glitches, glitches, glitches
- teamkillers everywhere
- patches that make things worse

Nope. I'm not defending the game anymore. I'm going to sell it. I'm not wasting my time anymore.

Just one more week or so for the much needed patch. Ride it out man :(

Agreed about teamkillers, wish there was a way to report players who abuse the system.

Compsiox

Banned
Some guy on my team in ranked shot me down because I didn't blow down the door he wanted me to. As soon as I was revived I shot him down and quit.

Like damn. Screw that I don't have time for that shit.

Klyka

Banned
So I just bought this on Pc. How screwed am I jumping in this late?

there are always a ton of new/lower level players because the game has been on multiple sales.

You'll be absolutely fine.

Watch the tutorials, play the situations, maybe watch some youtube videos and then go in and have fun :D
also,talk to your team!

Other people on PS4 are posting on reddit right now their matchmaking is super slow.

So seems to be a PS4 verison thing right now.

Yeah, I don't know what to say anymore lol.

3) PUGs?

4) No. But you will need to learn maps, camera locations, good operators, etc. Truth is, the maps are huge, but I do enjoy learning them. Casual mode has a lot of casual players and newbies so the climb wont be hard.

Agreed about teamkillers, wish there was a way to report players who abuse the system.

Patch in one week? Okay, I can wait seven days....and I'm curious about the new bugs, lol.

3) PUGs?

Thanks for the info! Sorry, PUG = pick up group (randoms, basically)

Is the spreadsheet the best spot to find PS4 players?

Thanks for the info! Sorry, PUG = pick up group (randoms, basically)

Is the spreadsheet the best spot to find PS4 players?

Randoms are... fine usually.

Sometimes parties of 3 or 4 may harass the other player and get away with it since kicking player needs a majority vote.

Other times, you may get a lone team killer who can be promptly booted, but he usually ends up fucking up the round since he either takes 2 of you down before getting auto kicked

The game needs some way to report players so that Ubisoft can keep track of team killers who kill their team in the opening round or kick players for no reason, etc.

But other times, you find a nice communicative party that plays well with you. Sometimes you get invited to party chat because they want you to hear their call outs and be aware.

Douchey team killers aside, you can usually expect people to be nice enough to you.

Filben

But you will need to learn maps, camera locations, good operators, etc.
This. Map knowledge is so important in almost any shooter. Getting a real awareness of the map, where you are, where your mates are and all the ways and how to get there is really helping.

Too bad lots of space isn't used by the objectives. Same spot–cycle over and over again.

MattDoza

Man, it's 25K for each operator?! I thought that'd be the price for both. I might not earn that much in the entire timespan of playing this game. I guess I'll just hold out for a season pass sale.

This. Map knowledge is so important in almost any shooter. Getting a real awareness of the map, where you are, where your mates are and all the ways and how to get there is really helping.

Too bad lots of space isn't used by the objectives. Same spot–cycle over and over again.

Yeah, marking enemies also is very important!

Man, it's 25K for each operator?! I thought that'd be the price for both. I might not earn that much in the entire timespan of playing this game. I guess I'll just hold out for a season pass sale.

I'm guessing you don't play that often? 25k is about 25 hours of play.

MattDoza

I think discovering who is being used is more important (ID enemies). Location often gets you into more trouble. The mark stays where you spotted the enemy, doesn't track movement.
I'm guessing you don't play that often? 25k is about 25 hours of play.
Right, it's totally possible. But I've had the game for the better part of a month. And still need a few of the standard operators. Haven't really customized completely, and then there's future operators. It would be quite the grind. And a frugal one.

MattDoza

That's true but I was talking about the d-pad.^^ And you don't need a camera :D
Ah, right. Rarely see that used. I need to utilize that, myself, more often. I'm just leary of giving my teammates false location. Often times you'll mark an enemy, or spot and they fixate on it, only to be deceived. (I play with randoms, a lot)

Ah man, I'm really struggling to move past Gold 3 on PS4. But I've had a lot of fun just soloing it up. Aside from the bugs, the community has been really good so far.

Platinum, soon! I believe!

Ah man, I'm really struggling to move past Gold 3 on PS4. But I've had a lot of fun just soloing it up. Aside from the bugs, the community has been really good so far.

Platinum, soon! I believe!

I thought about getting the platinum but I am too lazy to do all those terrorist hunt trophies.

BTW for those who already earned those trophies, about how long or how many matches would you believe it took?

I thought about getting the platinum but I am too lazy to do all those terrorist hunt trophies.

BTW for those who already earned those trophies, about how long or how many matches would you believe it took?

Oh yea, screw the platinum trophy. I haven't touched terrorist hunt in forever. I mean the rank lol.

I enjoyed terrorist hunt in Vegas since I hated its MP. Complete opposite here.

atr0cious

Echoing all of this. I've been using a steam controller, and it's taken until 55 levels later to start to get a real feel for what I should be doing every map and being able to execute on it.

Today I had my first ever clutch

And a great closing round the following match.
Sorry they're a little laggy for some reason, my setup has been unreliable since I switched to win10. Today was the first time I felt like I was really in control the entire time, and not really at a loss on what to do given the position I was put in.

My best gaming buddy just picked it up.

FUCK! I want today to be over so I can wrap up work tomorrow and head home.

Going to be a good evening of Siege. :D

Top Bottom