• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

I've never seen black Jesus or many other glitches on the Xbox one. I got the blue screen once, and a jet black gun a few times.

Is anyone experiencing wide spread glitches on the One?

I get the black gun with any operator that has an M-4/AR-15 style rifle, nearly every time. I've seen the black jesus a few times.

Unrelated issue: I haven't been able to get in a single game in the last hour. Stuck in matchmaking with a few players and then getting an error code a few times. Trying to get to 100k renown before the new operators unlock.

I want to thank GAF for enlightening me on this game.

I was in that thread of "is it worth it" and I was a naysayer. Read some of what you all said, watched some new videos, and with the $40.00 tag I was sold.

Now? I'm hooked on PS4.

Such a fantastic fucking game. Still can't convince my friend in Canada to pick it up. (60 there still)

Time will tell how long I play it with other hype titles around the corner.

Feels bad man getting demoted. I was gold 2 when I started ranked. now I'm in silver.

Lack of headset teammates is a bummer. :(

Edit: Woah. Full headset team of randoms. Yes! :D No one playing music either? What what?!!?!?

Also, Idris Elba, best elba. Watching Luther now because of the commercial for this lol.

Few things in this game are funnier than when you just start a match and you line up a shot to take out a camera and right when you pull the trigger you see one of your buddy's heads fill the scope as they walk in front of you.

Reule

Think we can expect a patch tomorrow? Friends of mine are getting increasingly frustrated to the point of not wanting to play.

I used to play so much Crackdown that I'd start to mildy hallucinate hearing that orb sound everywhere. And now after playing so damn much Terrorist Hunt I keep doing the same thing with that rebreather hiss of the Bomber. Somehow that sound is fucking everywhere ;p

Also worth pointing out: the sound design is absolutely incredible in this game, and there is so very much to take in for the listener, all of it useful. The sound propagation really threw me off at first but once I knew what was going on it became another honed tool for the hunt.

atr0cious

I used to play so much Crackdown that I'd start to mildy hallucinate hearing that orb sound everywhere. And now after playing so damn much Terrorist Hunt I keep doing the same thing with that rebreather hiss of the Bomber. Somehow that sound is fucking everywhere ;p

Also worth pointing out: the sound design is absolutely incredible in this game, and there is so very much to take in for the listener, all of it useful. The sound propagation really threw me off at first but once I knew what was going on it became another honed tool for the hunt.
I find myself clocking every bubble security camera I see. But I don't like the way they built the 3d sound as it always feels like it's coming from everywhere, causing me to do 360 spins looking for the mook, and I've got some good studio monitor headphones.

KodaRuss

Looking forward to a future patch to fix a lot of these issues. I am still having a lot of fun though. I just find it really weird that all of these issues popped up since the last patch. I am not a developer but the Black Jesus and a few of these other glitches... how the hell did those get in there? Doesn't make a lot of sense.

I'm out until patch. Might play a random game here or there, but that's probably it. And I love this game. But this last patch, jesus christ.

Yeah, well you may be gone until Match.

Looking at the patch list, none of these are reported to be fixed for 2.1:

[XB1/PS4/PC][Bug/Glitch] Yacht / Wall Vault [Reported]
Users have found a way to vault through the wall on Yacht in a specific location. We have reproduced the issue and are working towards correcting it.

[XB1/PS4/PC][Bug/Glitch] Graphics / Missing Texture [Reported]
Players are seeing weapon skins displayed as completely black.

[XB1/PS4/PC][Bug/Glitch] Graphics / Black T Pose [Reported]
Players are seeing other users floating, standing upright in a "T pose".

[XB1/PS4/PC][Bug/Glitch] Glaz + Castle Barricade / Faulty Distruction [Reported]
When player A (Glaz) fires at Castle's barricade with an unsuppressed weapon, the barricade will be destroyed on player A's screen, but not for other players in the match. We have been able to reproduce this and are working on correcting it.

[XB1/PS4/PC][Bug/Glitch] Terrorist Hunt Decreased Renown Rewards [Reported]
We are aware that users are seeing a reduced about of Renown being awarded after completing Terrorist Hunt matches. We are investigating now.

[XB1/PS4/PC][Bug/Glitch] Headshot Registration [Reported]
Some users are not having headshots register as intended. We are aware of the issue and looking into it.

[XB1/PS4/PC][Bug/Glitch] Nitro Cell Trajectory [Reported]
Nitro Cells sometimes appear to stick to an invisible surface. This can lead to the C4 not being placed where the player expects. We are aware of the issue and investigating.

Kapkan glitch is the only major thing that seems to be fixed for 2.1

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
That's what I was saying earlier... probably going to be beginning of March at the earliest. And that's only if they have a fix now!

KodaRuss

Yeah, well you may be gone until Match.

Looking at the patch list, none of these are reported to be fixed for 2.1:

Kapkan glitch is the only major thing that seems to be fixed for 2.1

UBISOFT said:
[XB1/PS4/PC][Bug/Glitch] Headshot Registration [In progress]

Some users are not having headshots register as intended. We are aware of the issue and looking into it.
Fix scheduled for Update 2.1.

[XB1/PS4/PC][Bug/Glitch] Graphics / Black T Pose [In progress]

Players are seeing other users floating, standing upright in a "T pose".
Fix scheduled for Update 2.1.

These two are being fixed which I think are both bigger than Kapkan glitch at the moment imo.

This was an update from today though so they are probably continuing to update the list.

It says that 2.2 will not come until March though.

Evolved1

These two are being fixed which I think are both bigger than Kapkan glitch at the moment imo.

This was an update from today though so they are probably continuing to update the list.

I'm happy with this. Didn't think they had time for 2.1 (thought it was already submitted) so a week of ghostman is something I can live with. Outside of catching it before it even released, I don't see how they could have done any better.

I'm good with this news. It's reasonable progress, under the circumstances.

Oh where did you get this? That's solid news!

The only other major thing I can think of is this map exploit on the new map that lets you go out of bounds and see the enemy

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Do many of you guys play Terrorist Hunt on XB1? Keep getting put in with complete twats who team kill. Majority of them come at the end of the rounds which makes all the work pointless. Just in the past hour I've been purposley killed about 7 times.

Spotted this classic on Reddit. Recruit sets a charge, throws grenade doesn't wait for second explosion.

xQ4x0Kg.gif

Can you knife through a shield?

I was just watching a stream where a guy's knife just clipped straight through a shield head on and killed a guy. Someone asked what happened and he said since the shields were so powerful in the beta they made it so that they can be melee'd through their shield to nerf it.

Is this true? I always assumed I had to dance around their shield to knife them.

KodaRuss

Oh where did you get this? That's solid news!

The only other major thing I can think of is this map exploit on the new map that lets you go out of bounds and see the enemy

Official Forums, its on reddit as well.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Top-Priorities-and-Known-Issues-Updated-2-8-2016

So new Patch next week then I guess?

We'll see.

They just said middle of the month. So I guess that could mean anything except the last day of the month... /evil laugh

Evolved1

Can you knife through a shield?

I was just watching a stream where a guy's knife just clipped straight through a shield head on and killed a guy. Someone asked what happened and he said since the shields were so powerful in the beta they made it so that they can be melee'd through their shield to nerf it.

Is this true? I always assumed I had to dance around their shield to knife them.
A melee breaks their guard... you have a short window where they're staggered and another melee will kill them, if you land it.

Jb

Game has been all kinds of fucked on PS4 lately. Weapons skins/character models all black and a ton of lag during the prep phase (but oddly not during the round itself). Hopefully it'll get fixed soon.

This med feb patch is just a week away. Im so glad that it fixes all the big issues.

Let's just hope it doesn't introduce more problems lkl

Do many of you guys play Terrorist Hunt on XB1? Keep getting put in with complete twats who team kill. Majority of them come at the end of the rounds which makes all the work pointless. Just in the past hour I've been purposley killed about 7 times.

Spotted this classic on Reddit. Recruit sets a charge, throws grenade doesn't wait for second explosion.

xQ4x0Kg.gif

That just made my day lol.

JackEtc

Seem to be having a problem with voice chat on PS4 ever since the big patch.

The headset icon appears in the scoreboard but nothing happens/the icon doesn't light up when I speak. Anyone else having this issue?

EDIT:
Yup. voice chat works, it just doesn't light up anymore.
Just saw this, is this really the case? Seems that nobody can hear me

EDIT2: Yep thats correct, working! Still annoying though

AaronMT86

Added my name to the Uplay spreadsheet. I got this game a few days ago and am just playing casual learning the game. Feel free to add me on PC (same name) (NA East).

God I almost carried a comeback for a god awful team. Got 13 kills. Practically soloed two rounds with photo finishes and we lost the last one. 2 rounds to 3. Damn. We didn't deserve it though. I dragged my trash team kicking and screaming.

Valkrai

Lol buddy of mine took a screenshot of a glitch where it had the deployable shield still in my face while I was running around.

gSTWlba.jpg

A melee breaks their guard... you have a short window where they're staggered and another melee will kill them, if you land it.

If you melee their right side you can actually catch their hand and it instant-kills them.

I've done this about as many times as I've gotten the double-melee kill, so it's relatively reliable.

Deception

Had some really good games tonight, back to back double OT ranked matches, lost the first one on the last sudden death round and had two teammates go 2-10 :( and I pretty much carried us. Second game had some amazing clutch moments and some perfectly executed flanks and won in the second double OT. Last round i shot a C4 mid air right as it was about to kill me and then grabbed the hostage with 3 seconds left and pistoled the last guy for the win as he rushed towards me. So gratifying.

Had some really good games tonight, back to back double OT ranked matches, lost the first one on the last sudden death round and had two teammates go 2-10 :( and I pretty much carried us. Second game had some amazing clutch moments and some perfectly executed flanks and won in the second double OT. Last round i shot a C4 mid air right as it was about to kill me and then grabbed the hostage with 3 seconds left and pistoled the last guy for the win as he rushed towards me. So gratifying.

That's amazing, I didn't know you could shoot a C4 out of the air. I wonder what other gadgets this can be done to.

Had a lot of bad matches yesterday but I think I sort of semi-redeemed myself when I burst through a ceiling and got a triple to finish the match using Buck. I say semi-redeemed because it was a 5v3 and there was a lot of luck involved because I sort of jumped in blind not knowing where anyone would be
as usual.

In regards to T-bagging, I always found it perfectly fine. It's like spinning and doing a 360 before shooting or wasting your time pulling out random gadgets or knifing the air. It's a waste of time in a competitive shooter yet people will do it as a celebration. The people doing it while yelling profantities into the mic are the ones who I think are the actual immature ones.

In regards to the mouse on consoles thing. I find using a higher sensitivity on controllers to be manageable if you slowly increase it a notch every few weeks. I don't think it's that unfair tbh to use a mouse because those adapters still use the maximum range of a control stick only. It's basically just emulation of the controller stick movement so anything anyone else does on their mouse I can do with my controller. I've never ran into anyone who plays at the same aiming skill level I've seen on PC R6 clips.

NeoGiff

I was sitting excitedly in the menu for Frost and Buck to unlock, and then as soon as the clock hits 5pm (GMT), the servers go down. Great stuff, Ubi.

Deception

That's amazing, I didn't know you could shoot a C4 out of the air. I wonder what other gadgets this can be done to.

Had a lot of bad matches yesterday but I think I sort of semi-redeemed myself when I burst through a ceiling and got a triple to finish the match using Buck. I say semi-redeemed because it was a 5v3 and there was a lot of luck involved because I sort of jumped in blind not knowing where anyone would be
as usual.

In regards to T-bagging, I always found it perfectly fine. It's like spinning and doing a 360 before shooting or wasting your time pulling out random gadgets or knifing the air. It's a waste of time in a competitive shooter yet people will do it as a celebration. The people doing it while yelling profantities into the mic are the ones who I think are the actual immature ones.

In regards to the mouse on consoles thing. I find using a higher sensitivity on controllers to be manageable if you slowly increase it a notch every few weeks. I don't think it's that unfair tbh to use a mouse because those adapters still use the maximum range of a control stick only. It's basically just emulation of the controller stick movement so anything anyone else does on their mouse I can do with my controller. I've never ran into anyone who plays at the same aiming skill level I've seen on PC R6 clips.
:)

hunchback

xQ4x0Kg.gif

Feel free to add me. I do alot of T-hunt. I have a mic and don't team kill.

Gt: DblTap

Top Bottom