• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Pretty awesome that Siege is in the top 15 games being watched on Twitch. It's pretty consistently near the top. It's definitely one of those games I leave on my TV to watch as I'm doing chores around the house.

It seems unnecessary for flashlights to be added. It'll only give you away and get you killed.

Unless they plan on additional attachments, like NVGs or someone who can disable power or something (beyond what Thatcher can do), it does seem like an attachment that wouldn't get much use.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Hipfire is what needs a nerf.

No hipfire headshot bonus. None. Aim your damn weapons. If you're close enough to spam body shots, ttk should be near instant anyways. Especially for shotguns, that's their bread and butter range.

But they should not allow shotguns to go headshot fishing with hipfire. Make them aim at least where the tradeoffs at that range favor AR's, as it should.

Imo.

Evolved1

I'd rather they further nerf hipfire accuracy than change the damage model when hipfiring vs ADS.
Nerfing hipfire accuracy doesn't really hurt shotgun fishermen when a single pellet ohk's though. You can spam hipfire and the inaccuracy actually casts a wider net. I've seen, and died to this, too many times. Where they just spray hipfire and if not for ohk luck, I would've either won the 1v1 or escaped the engagement with little health lost.

Game should not reward hipfire as it does.

Again, just my opinion.

Nerfing hipfire accuracy doesn't really hurt shotgun fishermen when a single pellet ohk's though. You can spam hipfire and the inaccuracy actually casts a wider net. I've seen, and died to this, too many times. Where they just spray hipfire and if not for ohk luck, I would've either won the 1v1 or escaped the engagement with little health lost.

Game should not reward hipfire as it does.

Again, just my opinion.

Why not nerf pellets, then? It makes zero sense that a single pellet can be a OHK--I didn't know that before. Or just nerf the multiplier for pellets themselves.

Not sure how I feel about flashlights

They were very annoying in BF and we dont want every fight to have flashlights

I would have liked to see an alternate to grip. Something like extended magazines. A flashlight should be an alternative to grip if anything, as Id rather have some tradeoff and downsides to the attachment system

I wish theyd have a category for silencers/compensators, and then another one consisting of grip, laser sight, flashlight, and extended/extra magazines

I also would have loved ranked to have a more punishing/realistic reload like BF.

This game has a ton of ammo and Id like to play with some more discretion

Klyka

Banned
Siege at #7 (again) in last month's NPD.

Boys and girls, I do believe a Siege 2 will happen.

hopefully it's still 2-3 years away.

I want more operators and maps in this one.
Who knows what kind of changes or bad engine stuff a sequel could bring around.

Keep Siege 1 alive for long :D

PVP_Ranks.png

For reference Chrono!

Miker

Anybody on PC have problems downloading the patch from Uplay? It says I need an active internet connection or enough hard drive space, both of which I have.

EDIT: Googled all over and solved it by renaming a folder in my uplay directory (635\manifests). Bullshit.

Klyka

Banned
I now have 90 videos in my Youtube playlist since I got this game.
Wow.
I never thought the game would grab me as much as it did, but here I am with so many rounds played with my friends and we still play every day, 2 months after release.

If any are interested, here is my entire Siege playlist

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkiUfT_3_4AkIe8XLZjfYMXT1DZP5SMV3

It's funny to see myself actually get better from video to video and from playing with randoms to only playing with friends.

Flashlights would be great if the maps had fully dynamic lighting and you could shoot/blowup lights and destroy fuse boxes/generators. Without that it's a flashbang-like hindrance at best, a "Shoot Here" signal at worst.

No Love

Banned
Flashlights would be great if the maps had fully dynamic lighting and you could shoot/blowup lights and destroy fuse boxes/generators. Without that it's a flashbang-like hindrance at best, a "Shoot Here" signal at worst.

It's most likely going to be like Battlefield's flashlight. These guys aren't using some flashlights like you'd get at Home Depot; I'm guessing these lights are going to be hardcore tactical lights that'll blow out your eyes.

Evolved1

It's most likely going to be like Battlefield's flashlight. These guys aren't using some flashlights like you'd get at Home Depot; I'm guessing these lights are going to be hardcore tactical lights that'll blow out your eyes.
It was horrible in BF and it'll be horrible here. Laser sight dazzle or flashlight blinding is pure trash, and I'd be disappointed if they go that route. Of all the multitude of attachments they could choose from... I sincerely hope they don't do that bullshit.

No Love

Banned
It was horrible in BF and it'll be horrible here. Laser sight dazzle or flashlight blinding is pure trash, and I'd be disappointed if they go that route. Of all the multitude of attachments they could choose from... I sincerely hope they don't do that bullshit.

Perhaps it'll be a limited use blinding effect ala Blitz's shield. After 4-5 of them the batteries are drained.

Evolved1

Perhaps it'll be a limited use blinding effect ala Blitz's shield. After 4-5 of them the batteries are drained.
Few things in Battlefield were more resoundingly hated than flashlights and laser dazzle. The BF community agrees on nothing... except this. That's why they nerfed it over and over and over.

Adding flashlights is tone deaf if you've looked at the community reaction to them in other big shooters.

And they serve no purpose in Siege. It's not a dark game. So they'd only be a blinding tool. Which is dumb. And bad. And gross.

And that's the last I'll say on that, spare you all from any more salt.

Man, I must say: when things are being coordinated and acted upon, nothing comes close to Siege. It's exhilarating, tense, and extremely fun. No other current MP shooter comes close in my opinion.

Glad I picked it up.

Smash88

Banned
I'm on the fence about getting this game on Steam. Can anyone sell me on it, what's the one thing I should watch/see. Like I know it's a multiplayer 5v5, but does it have legs? I got burnt real bad by Evolve, is this the same case here?

demolitio

I need to enable ShadowPlay again after the last round I had tonight. It was hostage on Club House with the hostage holed up in the CCTV room, so I went up to the roof and sledged the hatch and saw the entire team running to shoot one of my teammates in that back hallway by the stairs. I throw a grenade and kill 1 but down 2 more with it, so I throw the second nade a few seconds later and kill 3 of them. Then I see the last guy run up the stairs to wonder what the hell happened and decided to peek in the room where I could shoot him from the hatch.

Aced the round and won the match with 3 of them leaving before even seeing the result of the round...lol

I've never seen a grenade do THAT much damage.

Idk. I'm mixed on the 1 shot kill headshots. On one hand, the first bullet shots are extremely skill based and a good addition. On the other, any shot after the first might as well be rng to a degree. It's pretty bullshit when some Knicks your head towards the end of their clip and that's all the damage they did.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I'm on the fence about getting this game on Steam. Can anyone sell me on it, what's the one thing I should watch/see. Like I know it's a multiplayer 5v5, but does it have legs? I got burnt real bad by Evolve, is this the same case here?

Evolve was already dead this long after launch. This game has staying power.

Klyka

Banned

No, this game isn't Evolve. The majority of gamers can actually pick this game up and understand how to play it.

And when you play with a group, the game is amazing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXqc4q08xy8

And of course you can pull off stuff like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDkOA5rj4CA

The game is utterly fantastic. If you read the "Is Siege worth it" thread, it's basically 6 pages of people saying it's the best multiplayer shooter out there right now.

Man, I must say: when things are being coordinated and acted upon, nothing comes close to Siege. It's exhilarating, tense, and extremely fun. No other current MP shooter comes close in my opinion.

Glad I picked it up.

Me and my friends are rarely coordinated but it's still exhilarating because of how stuff fails and yet somehow still works. Either way the game is a blast. My 2015 and 2016 GOTY thus far

This patch has fixed all the major issues I was having since 2.0. If no major glitches are found I think it might be in it's best state right now. Hit detection feels amazing now and really highlights how broken it was in 2.0. I actually think that people who aim at the head were at a significant disadvantage in 2.0 now, you were better off just spraying at the body for more chances to hit rather than be precise. My first night in the new patch and I've been doing so much better since my style is always to go for headshots and now they actually register.

Yacht with the glitches fixed is awesome too.

Just think, if you were #TeamPS4 it might have been number 9. :p

We actually have a PS4, but it's my (cheap) roomie's and he doesn't want to pay for PSN :-|

This patch has fixed all the major issues I was having since 2.0. If no major glitches are found I think it might be in it's best state right now. Hit detection feels amazing now and really highlights how broken it was in 2.0. I actually think that people who aim at the head were at a significant disadvantage in 2.0 now, you were better off just spraying at the body for more chances to hit rather than be precise. My first night in the new patch and I've been doing so much better since my style is always to go for headshots and now they actually register.

Yacht with the glitches fixed is awesome too.

rD0xPfS.gif

Top Bottom