• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

my mate just sent me this...

You guys were telling me about this, and I think one of you said he was from GAF? Or was that wrong?

Seems like a 'you had to be there' kind of moment. On occasion some of the people on neogaf are surprisingly young though. I've met people on here who are < 16 on more than one occasion. It can be a surprise, usually they are okay to play with.

On one occasion I somehow ended up playing with a guy who was 12-14 years old, he was alright on his own, but it wasn't long before his dumbstep down the mic, squeaky voiced school friends joined the party and I had to leave.

You guys were telling me about this, and I think one of you said he was from GAF? Or was that wrong?

Seems like a 'you had to be there' kind of moment. On occasion some of the people on neogaf are surprisingly young though. I've met people on here who are < 16 on more than one occasion. It can be a surprise, usually they are okay to play with.

On one occasion I somehow ended up playing with a guy who was 12-14 years old, he was alright on his own, but it wasn't long before his dumbstep down the mic, squeaky voiced school friends joined the party and I had to leave.

Yeah I dont think he was from GAF :)

Stat!

This community man. Every one in like three THunt Games now ends up with me being team killed or someone team killing another guy on our team.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
This community man. Every one in like three THunt Games now ends up with me being team killed or someone team killing another guy on our team.

I have never seen that on PC (at least not purposefully doing it). What platform are you on?

Did some un-mic'd matches last night and managed to have some good rounds with good randoms.

gyIHoAf.gif

Compsiox

Banned
The ranking system is fucked. I can't leave copper no matter how good my team or I do. Wins changed nothing.

It literally feels like I'm not allowed to leave copper :(

I kinda want a respawning deathmatch game mode at some point for this game. I may be one of the only people but it would be good fuckabout type playing.

Holy shit, me too. My favorite thing in this game. And one of the few things that I'm really good at, hahaha.

I saved a 1v3 yesterday where I absolutely terrorized the 3 players using the upside down rappel. Over the course of 3 mins, I methodically picked off two of them and then the last one jumped out of the window to his death with 5 secs left. I'd like to think that he did so because of sheer, unadulterated panic, lol.

I know for me getting fired upon through a window from someone i can't really see (due to them being upsidedown or whatever) sends me into a bit of a panic lol.

Yopis

Does everyone play with mics talking. Or are most in private chat or not on mics. Have a few buddies thinking about grabbing this with me. I'll go first so curious.

moai

So i keep joining teams where one or two players disconnect. Is there something going on with the servers or just bad luck?
Ps4

Gonna have to grind for these terrorist hunt trophies -_- ugh

Randoms do indeed talk on mic. Some even invite you to their party chat.

yeah ive met a bunch of people who added me to party chat/squads and added me as friends through it.

Even if no one is currently talking sometimes just starting gets people going.

Not always the case. I've played with several people with mics and all I hear is them breathing. Pointless really

Some of them are probably just a bit socially awkward. I remember when I was like 12-16 I was always a little nervous speaking to people on the microphone. I'm not like that at all anymore, but I can relate to people who might be.

Some people are just assholes though. There's plenty that turn their mic on so that you can hear their TV, child screaming, or load music.

---

Did another bad thing today. TKed a guy who as afk for the first 30 seconds of a round. He picked Rook and I said 'wtf this guy pics armour and isn't even playing', my team mates said 'just kill him and we'll kick him', so I did.

I felt a little bad about it. Especially as he returned to the match 6 times afterwards, and we kicked him every single time. Didn't want to deal with a potential return team kill. Seriously though, who picks Rook then afks? If you can't be there at the start of a match, pick Pulse, Jager, Frost, Doc etc...

Some of them are probably just a bit socially awkward. I remember when I was like 12-16 I was always a little nervous speaking to people on the microphone. I'm not like that at all anymore, but I can relate to people who might be.

Some people are just assholes though. There's plenty that turn their mic on so that you can hear their TV, child screaming, or load music.

---

Did another bad thing today. TKed a guy who as afk for the first 30 seconds of a round. He picked Rook and I said 'wtf this guy pics armour and isn't even playing', my team mates said 'just kill him and we'll kick him', so I did.

I felt a little bad about it. Especially as he returned to the match 6 times afterwards, and we kicked him every single time. Didn't want to deal with a potential return team kill. Seriously though, who picks Rook then afks? If you can't be there at the start of a match, pick Pulse, Jager, Frost, Doc etc...

Why did you have to kill him first? Lol

Damn this game can really be addicting when you have a alot of rl friends playing. I feel like I am always playing atleast 3-4 hours when I get a text from them.

Still the bugs, etc can get to us. Hoping that patch is release soon and fixes alot of the currently issues.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Started playing Frost whenever I can now, she's still fresh enough that not everyone knows her tricks, and the deployable shield+trap in doorway combo is just really good. I got a kill by putting a trap underneath the ladder in the basement of Hereford too.

Why did you have to kill him first? Lol

I don't know. I mean it wasn't like it mattered. We decided because he was afk we were going to kick him him, and if you're kicked the match stats don't register, so it's not like you register a death due to the TK.

I think it was just to stress my teams collective frustration with the scenario. I wanted the armour :(

Drewfonse

I'm curious to see what other people's kill to assist ratio is. And maybe revives.

Mine is 874/341.

89 revives. I'm most effective from a k/d and win ratio while using Kapkan on Defend and Fuze on Attack. I really think that it as something to do with their guns' sights, and of course, their lethal secondary abilities.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I feel a game like this should factor assists more prominently into the stats. With only 5 kills a round, I think they're weighted more heavily than they're given credit.

yay i'm so glad they fixed the 0x000000062 matchmaking error so that now i can get 0x000000061 errors all day every day instead

ffs is matchmaking ever not going to be a pain in my ass

Drewfonse

If they did that they would need to adjust twitches contributions though.

Hitting someone with a shock drone is not the same as assisting in a gunfight. Sometimes I'll hit all 5 players on the enemy team with the drone, 5 easy assists. :p

Absolutely, not all assists are created equal.

I'm curious to see what other people's kill to assist ratio is. And maybe revives.

Mine is 874/341.

89 revives. I'm most effective from a k/d and win ratio while using Kapkan on Defend and Fuze on Attack. I really think that it as something to do with their guns' sights, and of course, their lethal secondary abilities.

2890/664, 84 revives lmfao I use people as bait :(

Evolved1

If they did that they would need to adjust twitches contributions though.

Hitting someone with a shock drone is not the same as assisting in a gunfight. Sometimes I'll hit all 5 players on the enemy team with the drone, 5 easy assists. :p
I think it should be the BF4 system where your points are equal to your damage. Contribute 95% of damage, you get 95 points. Not the generic 75 or whatever. Then they can calculate a weighted % .

You bring up the drone, but what about when I get the down, and someone else finishes them off? In terms of k/d, I'm getting fucked over there. And that occurs with regularity. How can you take these ratings seriouly when that doesn't factor? Assists are a major component that's ignored.

Now I don't honestly care much about stats or people finishing off my downs, but I think the point stands. You can do a lot of work in this game, and it goes statistically unnoticed. I think it's at least something to discuss.

I think it should be the BF4 system where your points are equal to your damage. Contribute 95% of damage, you get 95 points. Not the generic 75 or whatever. Then they can calculate a weighted % .

You bring up the drone, but what about when I get the down, and someone else finishes them off? In terms of k/d, I'm getting fucked over there. And that occurs with regularity. How can you take these ratings seriouly when that doesn't factor? Assists are a major component that's ignored.

Now I don't honestly care much about stats or people finishing off my downs, but I think the point stands. You can do a lot of work in this game, and it goes statistically unnoticed. I think it's at least something to discuss.

Well yeah, but honestly I mean, when you can get mad points for repeatedly scanning people the whole scoring system is pretty arbitrary.

Also twitch assist will never reflect it's meaning. If I do 10 damage and the guy shoots the drone and the interaction has no consequence, then my input with the twitch drone is pretty poor, but if I zap a guy and he runs across the room to get away exposing himself to a window where my team mate is able to take a shot to get the kill he wouldn't otherwise have been able to obtain, then that 10 point assist is arguably a greater contribution than that of the guy sat in wait at the window.

I think there are too many complex contextual factors to take it seriously either way; we'll never get an ideal system. They'd need to take score from repeated scans, or scans that don't lead to a kill or assist, they'd need to give assists based on the time the previous damage occurred (if the twitch drones damage is recent then it's probably a contributing factor to why the person got shot in the first place). They could certainly improve things but I don't expect the end result to necessarily reflect a players contribution either way.

Well yeah, but honestly I mean, when you can get mad points for repeatedly scanning people the whole scoring system is pretty arbitrary.

Also twitch assist will never reflect it's meaning. If I do 10 damage and the guy shoots the drone and the interaction has no consequence, then my input with the twitch drone is pretty poor, but if I zap a guy and he runs across the room to get away exposing himself to a window where my team mate is able to take a shot to get the kill he wouldn't otherwise have been able to obtain, then that 10 point assist is arguably a greater contribution than that of the guy sat in wait at the window.

I think there are too many complex contextual factors to take it seriously either way; we'll never get an ideal system. They'd need to take score from repeated scans, or scans that don't lead to a kill or assist, they'd need to give assists based on the time the previous damage occurred (if the twitch drones damage is recent then it's probably a contributing factor to why the person got shot in the first place). They could certainly improve things but I don't expect the end result to necessarily reflect a players contribution either way.

In the end all that matters is the UU W

2890/664, 84 revives lmfao I use people as bait :(

3214 kills, 1051 assists, 154 revives, 699 matches played. Your matches played is 620. I thought that was important to add so I checked yours too.

That means you average 4.6 kills per game, 1 assist, and I average 4.6 and 1.9 assists. You earn more headshots though, with ~ 45% of your kills being headshots relative to my ~ 35%.

I always look at our stats and because they're very similar. Everything down to win loss, kdr, accuracy etc. Heck you're even rank 103 and I'm 105.

I play twitch / glaz a lot, they are assist heavy characters and they're also often the closest nearby when someone fucks up and throws themselves off a roof, hence why I have more revives and assists though. Less headshots probably comes down to me using shotguns more often, and assault rifles less often than you.

3214 kills, 1051 assists, 154 revives, 699 matches played. Your matches played is 620. I thought that was important to add so I checked yours too.

That means you average 4.6 kills per game, 1 assist, and I average 4.6 and 1.9 assists. You earn more headshots though, with ~ 45% of your kills being headshots relative to my ~ 35%.

I always look at our stats and because they're very similar. Everything down to win loss, kdr, accuracy etc. Heck you're even rank 103 and I'm 105.

I play twitch / glaz a lot, they are assist heavy characters and they're also often the closest nearby when someone fucks up and throws themselves off a roof, hence why I have more revives and assists though. Less headshots probably comes down to me using shotguns more often, and assault rifles less often than you.

Pretty close! Yeah not many shotguns for me mostly smg and AR. I've been getting less headshots though since 2.0. Hopefully the 2.1 will help boost HS% to over 50%.

Evolved1

The score is only important in calculating your actual, physical damage contributed to the kill, so in aggregate they have some figure that can be factored overall.

Actual, physical damage... can be tracked and calculated. You're right, we can't track philosophical damage contributed. That's beyond us. But getting assists factored properly doesn't require the ranking system to pass the Turing Test. They just need some basic math.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah this is a good point that's often overlooked when it comes to this topic. A lot, arguably most, contributions are uncountable and impossible to quantify. Every action has a reaction, butterfly effect, etc. Very obvious example: I can play as Montagne or Blitz and never fire a round but still be the MVP, hypothetically speaking.

The score is only important in calculating your actual, physical damage contributed to the kill, so in aggregate they have some figure that can be factored overall.

Actual, physical damage... can be tracked and calculated. You're right, we can't track philosophical damage contributed. That's beyond us. But getting assists factored properly doesn't require the ranking system to pass the Turing Test. They just need some basic math.

Well I mean they could do what I said. If the guy dies shortly after being tapped by an assist then you could argue that the drone or player had a greater contribution because tit suggests they setup some kind of coordinated teamshooting.

So then you'd get 10 points for the actual damage (if you did 10) then 50 points for 'coordinated kill or whatever.

It's not accurate but I'd rather that than giving me only 10 points for my twitch assists when some of them are very influential.

Those are kill/assist ratios

Some people here have KDRs like that though. My KDR is the same as my kill assist ratio, with around 3200 kills, 1100 deaths, 1100 assists. Mikes KDR is similar, although doesn't match his KDA because he doesn't help anyone :)P), Gaz's KDR is pretty high, Broadbandits is pretty high, Alpines is high.

I know some of the PC players probably have nice stats too, though I haven't played with them.

I personally like comparing stats and stuff because it's good to know who to learn from and who to learn from you. It also helps me compose my teams, I like to have at least two strong players in a team. It's good to have at least one or two people in a match that you know can cover you. I don't mind playing with people who are bad, some of my friends have 0.7 or so KDRs and it's hard to depend on them in a match, but if you balance the team out with decent players to compensate then you can create a good team composition.

I think it's also good to coordinate like that as you get a good balance where newer or less skilled players have the opportunity to learn from those who might be more experienced. At the same time, it prevents me from getting frustrated as we lose every match because I filled the lobby with less experienced players.

446 kills / 680 deaths / 228 assists for kdr of 0.69 (aw yiss)

lol i am garbage compared to some of you

i usually hit middle of the table in points though so i'm still contributing even if i go 1-3 or whatever. ive had many where i topped without a kill too.

I'm fucking ass at this game and my kd is prolly like 0.6

Fuxj it though don't care havin too much fun over here

same. having some really frustrating fun

Drewfonse

Some people here have KDRs like that though. My KDR is the same as my kill assist ratio, with around 3200 kills, 1100 deaths, 1100 assists. Mikes KDR is similar, although doesn't match his KDA because he doesn't help anyone :)P), Gaz's KDR is pretty high, Broadbandits is pretty high, Alpines is high.

I know some of the PC players probably have nice stats too, though I haven't played with them.

I personally like comparing stats and stuff because it's good to know who to learn from and who to learn from you. It also helps me compose my teams, I like to have at least two strong players in a team. It's good to have at least one or two people in a match that you know can cover you. I don't mind playing with people who are bad, some of my friends have 0.7 or so KDRs and it's hard to depend on them in a match, but if you balance the team out with decent players to compensate then you can create a good team composition.

I think it's also good to coordinate like that as you get a good balance where newer or less skilled players have the opportunity to learn from those who might be more experienced. At the same time, it prevents me from getting frustrated as we lose every match because I filled the lobby with less experienced players.

I get it. You guys are clearly amazing at this game.&#128552;&#128552;&#128552;

But he was looking at kill/assist ratios.

Top Bottom