• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Didnt dlc get delayed a month for the year 1 content?

I want to hear some news about the new map and ops.
They did not announce that. But they're being some real shits communicating this stuff with us. April, and not even a word.

They did not announce that. But they're being some real shits communicating this stuff with us. April, and not even a word.

They were real shits with communicating about Black Ice, too. I mean, their patch notes ended up being great, as was the launch vid, but we didn't really get any official info prior to it, IIRC. Just some major leaks.

In all honesty, it wouldn't surprise me if it launches the first week of May, but I would be equally unsurprised if they launched it in the next week or two. Maybe the 2.3 delay affected that (it's coming tomorrow, btw), but 3.0 is a mystery. Silence doesn't necessarily mean a delay, when it comes to DLC with this team/game.

frontovik

Banned
Ubisoft should revise the spawn points for certain maps. My teammates and I came under instant fire at spawn from one of the Kanal buildings.

Valkrai

Hey GAF, took a long hiatus as I was feeling burnt out and tired. It's definitely not the case and the new update makes me feel more confident how Ubi is handling the game.

Wish we could set up some matches though if you guys are on PC.

Ubisoft should revise the spawn points for certain maps. My teammates and I came under instant fire at spawn from one of the Kanal buildings.

Last night my friend and I were killed as soon as we spawned basically because a guy had run outside on the ground level of Kafe immediately after the drone mode ended and took cover behind a cop car before mowing us all down. Was pretty infuriating.

Pachimari

Hey GAF, took a long hiatus as I was feeling burnt out and tired. It's definitely not the case and the new update makes me feel more confident how Ubi is handling the game.

Wish we could set up some matches though if you guys are on PC.

All of the PC players are on Discord, where they are setting up matches.

The season pass is down to £15 from £25 on uk PSN until the 20th
I admit I was tempted when I saw it last night. I paused and thought about what I'd get for my money and remembered it's nothing other than fearly access to new ops without using renown.
I've got enough renown for the new ops anyhow so I'll hang fire to see if the new dlc offers any extra customisation.

I admit I was tempted when I saw it last night. I paused and thought about what I'd get for my money and remembered it's nothing other than fearly access to new ops without using renown.
I've got enough renown for the new ops anyhow so I'll hang fire to see if the new dlc offers any extra customisation.

That was my exact reaction. Almost jumped on it as soon as I saw it, then realized that I'm not even getting much R6 points for that $26AUD.

thenexus6

True, however I saved 25k for Frost and now back at just under 24k for Buck and to be honest i'd just prefer to get to play as the new operators a week early without spending nothing.

Is this game worth buying if I'm not using a mic while playing? I'm seeing the game being on sale on PSN right now so I'm very tempted to get it. But I'm worried if the game is enjoyable without mic.

Is this game worth buying if I'm not using a mic while playing? I'm seeing the game being on sale on PSN right now so I'm very tempted to get it. But I'm worried if the game is enjoyable without mic.
Casual is enjoyable even without a mic although communication is probably the best weapon in the game.

I thought I posted this but I must not of. I just learned that IQs detector can see Pulse's monitor. Also it can see Blitz's shield. I was thinking about this and then looked it up. I haven't tried it though. I feel IQs thing has a longer range than Pulse's though I haven't checked. Could be a great counter.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I thought I posted this but I must not of. I just learned that IQs detector can see Pulse's monitor. Also it can see Blitz's shield. I was thinking about this and then looked it up. I haven't tried it though. I feel IQs thing has a longer range than Pulse's though I haven't checked. Could be a great counter.
Yeah but everything pings the same through the viewer, even friendly goddamned drones are indistinguishable from enemy electronics. As much as I want to like IQ, her gadget is trash-tier. Unless you have someone willing to toss smokes for you, it's practically useless.

Post-patch Frost stand-off

e0JXQ.gif

The wording on their season pass is weird does it even include Black Ice expansion? I think it does but the wording is vague

Yeah it comes with it. The DLC is technically free if you have enough renown (20,000+ each character i think) but with the season pass you get the characters immediately after they dropped and you get em a week early before everyone.

patchday

Yeah not sure if I'll get the season pass or not. I was more interested in supporting the dev since all maps will be free and whatnot

[edit] Glad I joined that Siege PS4 GAF group. We put together a team of four and had a blast. I totally had a blast tanking with Mountain too :)

andycapps

Just started playing Ranked. Nobody uses mics and people play worse here than in casual?
They're likely all in parties. As far as being worse, that depends on your ranking.

Anton Sugar said:
What's the overall impression of the patch? I just moved to a new place, won't have internet till Monday :-|

If you're a Buck player you'll like the buffs. If you enjoyed the unbalanced Super 90 then you'll hate it because it's a shotgun now instead of a sniper rifle. I didn't notice any changes, really. I don't play Buck ever and use Frost occasionally.

You switching from Frost now? I think her shotgun is still one of the best in the game and her bear traps are still really good.

Her traps are really good. The shotgun needed a nerf so I'm not complaining about that. However, in multiple matches last night I found myself within 5 feet of an enemy pumping at least 3 shots into them only to be killed(without a headshot mind you) while they are only downed(if that).

Played quite a few matches last night. I'm really enjoying the P90. Dropping fools with it. It's always an interesting gun to use in shooters just because it's so unique looking.

andycapps

Her traps are really good. The shotgun needed a nerf so I'm not complaining about that. However, in multiple matches last night I found myself within 5 feet of an enemy pumping at least 3 shots into them only to be killed(without a headshot mind you) while they are only downed(if that).
Yeah that's a new feature.

Top Bottom