• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

patchday

playing with these group of guys I want to go hard and impress but instead I tend to do nothing and get carried :(

I might be distracted by the gansta rap one of my squad keeps playing in the background lol

Just had an interesting TKer. This guy Smarface31 just decided to turn heel all of a sudden out of nowhere with the match locked at 3-3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaDxFndP4nA

It's the random ones like this which are the worst. I can kind of understand the fucked up mentality of TKing in the first round but playing 6 matches normally before doing this? Why?!?!

Just had an interesting TKer. This guy Smarface31 just decided to turn heel all of a sudden out of nowhere with the match locked at 3-3.

It's the random ones like this which are the worst. I can kind of understand the fucked up mentality of TKing in the first round but playing 6 matches normally before doing this? Why?!?!

It's more fun to them because they know how much more it means.

Just had a bunch of good games with my 3 friends and a guy we started talking to in-game. He was called lazy_stoner and confessed to being stoned while we were playing, but to be fair he did make quite a good teammate even after choosing IQ and tachanka back to back one game. I guess the point is not all stoners are bad.

patchday

Had fun last night. There was 4 of us in the group but we kept getting pretty good randoms

----

Hey, what you guys think of IQ and Twitch? I just play as IQ in Situations. But not sure if IQ useful in MP

Wow. I once fragged the hostage on accident but that right there was on purpose

Animator

They ruined this game with the last patch. I keep dying to people that are not on my screen then I watch them look at me for two seconds before killing me in their killcam.

Massa

They ruined this game with the last patch. I keep dying to people that are not on my screen then I watch them look at me for two seconds before killing me in their killcam.

Hum, what's your ping? I usually have the lowest in the match so I'm looking forward to the patch on console.

patchday

I guess console get the patch? I just saw a team killer get booted out of the match. It was an obvious TK. Soon as match started this guy went crazy and smoked some of my teammates. Then I saw a msg he got removed for teamkilling

I guess console get the patch? I just saw a team killer get booted out of the match. It was an obvious TK. Soon as match started this guy went crazy and smoked some of my teammates. Then I saw a msg he got removed for teamkilling

That's been there since the last patch, I think. If you teamkill 2 in short succession you automatically get booted.

I had a great moment tonight with friends.

oIiEUrv.gif

christuckeryougotknockedthefuckout.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiY4ZFILVD8

Auctopus

Just bought this game at the weekend. Love it so far, it's far more pick up and play then I was expecting.

However, I'm not totally on board with the sound design. Does it seem to anyone else that the direction/placement of footsteps is really misleading? I'll be listening for enemy movement and it'll sound like it's in the next room over when it's actually behind me or something.

Just bought this game at the weekend. Love it so far, it's far more pick up and play then I was expecting.

However, I'm not totally on board with the sound design. Does it seem to anyone else that the direction/placement of footsteps is really misleading? I'll be listening for enemy movement and it'll sound like it's in the next room over when it's actually behind me or something.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ti6ZWRSiqpQ
This video explains it really well

andycapps

Some funny moments from the last million years that I finally decided to turn into a video.

Best of the Worst Game.

This game really annoys me most of the time, especially lately, but when it is fun it is too fun... I can't quit it forever :(.
Good stuff.

As much as I hate losing in ranked I really hate how up and down casual matches are. You'll steamroll a team, then get steamrolled.

Good stuff.

As much as I hate losing in ranked I really hate how up and down casual matches are. You'll steamroll a team, then get steamrolled.

On the other hand ranked for me is almost too accurate to generate even matches, it gets really exhausting when every other match goes to 9 rounds!

andycapps

On the other hand ranked for me is almost too accurate to generate even matches, it gets really exhausting when every other match goes to 9 rounds!

Losing 5-4 is soul destroying. I play alongside the same 4 friends and we all agree that those losses hurt.

Both are true, which is why I always want a rematch when it's a close loss. Close games are brutal when you lose, but when you win it's the best feeling.

Had fun last night. There was 4 of us in the group but we kept getting pretty good randoms

----

Hey, what you guys think of IQ and Twitch? I just play as IQ in Situations. But not sure if IQ useful in MP

Wow. I once fragged the hostage on accident but that right there was on purpose

IQ doesn't contribute anything to the team. She's fast like Ash, which can be pretty decisive with the way ping works in this game.

You are better off picking someone who can contribute something to the team, such as Sledge/Buck, Twitch, Thermite, Thatcher, Ash, Fuze.

Can someone explain why they made Blitz's shield larger and head smaller? Did anyone actually complain he was too easy to kill?

And another great Ubisoft feature: https://youtu.be/wInizHTi2hI?t=4m21s

This game gives me a hard time to love it despite its cool core mechanics and gameplay...

Originally, his head would pop out slightly behind the shield, making his shield a bit useless since he didnt have total protection. He needed that buff.

Yeah, Blitz's head popped out more from behind the shield than other shield operators. There were pics of it when the patch came out, in the official notes.

patchday

IQ doesn't contribute anything to the team. She's fast like Ash, which can be pretty decisive with the way ping works in this game.

You are better off picking someone who can contribute something to the team, such as Sledge/Buck, Twitch, Thermite, Thatcher, Ash, Fuze.

wish I saw this post earlier. I bought IQ and sort of wished I got Twitch instead. But no sweat I'll get Twitch next

So what time do we think the patch will be out for consoles tomorrow? Based on previous patches and the time they were available I mean. Or has it been all over the place and unpredictable in the past?

So what time do we think the patch will be out for consoles tomorrow? Based on previous patches and the time they were available I mean. Or has it been all over the place and unpredictable in the past?

They should both be patch by noon EDT, I think. Usually PS4 has an hour for the patch, then the X1 is patched the next hour.

Auctopus

I wish you could choose what type of terrorist hunt you do as Lone Wolf. I used to find Solo Terrorist Hunts in Vegas pretty therapeutic. The defense missions aren't too fun on your own but I'd like to do the standard kill all terrorists mode solo.

I wish you could choose what type of terrorist hunt you do as Lone Wolf. I used to find Solo Terrorist Hunts in Vegas pretty therapeutic. The defense missions aren't too fun on your own but I'd like to do the standard kill all terrorists mode solo.

You can, in options you can filter which kind of TH missions you do.

Guys, how feasible is it to film a machinima with Siege's spectator mode?

I think I saw you pop in to ask this a little while back and no one seemed to respond. Sorry about that! I don't think it would be very easy to make machinima with Siege. There is no free cam mode. The closest you can get is using the in game camera placements to get aerial viewpoints, but they have an aggressive filter grain on them. You could also try to use the drone cars as a moving camera, but the sound is muffled, there's that aggressive filter, and they're so low to the ground your shots would look like you're filming with an ant.

Someone with the PC version can chime in about the possibility of console commands to unlock the camera. I hope there is a solution for you as I think the look, sound, and feel of this game lends itself well to intense theatrical gunfights.

You can, in options you can filter which kind of TH missions you do.

How did I not know this?? I enjoy trying my hand at some solo TH missions but some of them are just straight up impossible alone (Bomb Defusal or Hostage Defense). If anything, they're a nice set of training challenges that let you get a feel for new weapons, map layouts, and cornering without having to worry about fucking things up for your team and waiting 5 mins for the next round to start up.

Top Bottom