• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

thenexus6

Wicked, i've got just under 40,000 saved up so will get one of the new operators straight away. Leading towards the girl for the Spaz 12 and sticky cameras.

Valkrai

Trailer on German R6 FB page! https://www.facebook.com/Rainbow6DE/videos/1246281785383704/

SCAR-H MOTHER FUCKERS

Blackbeard's shield IS glass/see-through, btw.

sweating.gif

Klyka

Banned
I'm trying to figure out how that new shield with the assault rifle isn't completely OP?

It either can break, makes your weapon very slow to move around or it will gather impacts on it from people shooting you and basically become unuseable cause you can't see anymore.

We'll see Saturday!

They should make it so shotguns can break the shield a lot easier than normal guns, and give the pump action the most power in doing so to make it useful again.

Buraindo

I'm glad to see that Blackbeard is a lot more interesting than I first thought, now I'm no longer sure which one I should unlock first. Though I do hope that the next Attacker will be a bit more utility based, like Thermite or Thatcher.

LAM09

I'd be shocked if a giant 3.0 patch didn't come alongside the DLC release. The 2.0 patch was pretty significant.

I wonder if Hardcore mode will be added.

That's what I was thinking, but it's been quite quiet on that front. The matchmaking needs to be fixed if they want to keep people interested on consoles, at least.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Again this last morning the matchmaking in the xbox1 it works very badly....ubisoft....please.

The treat of ubisoft to this game is horrendous.

I really hope the updates bring me back to this game, because I was really hoping this would be my go-to game for a long time but I'm already not finding much reason to play it.

Auctopus

I wanna Platinum this game and am well on my way but I feel like you almost need to get the Season Pass to do so. I don't understand how you can get any skins without buying the SP or R6 credits.

DQDQDQ

I wanna Platinum this game and am well on my way but I feel like you almost need to get the Season Pass to do so. I don't understand how you can get any skins without buying the SP or R6 credits.

I'm not sure how the season pass would help with that. You get slightly more renown, but the thing that takes longest is the terrorist hunt matches.

There are a lot of skins that require cash purchases, not all of them can be bought with renown. If you are worried about the "apply skins to 30 weapons trophy," that is not "apply 30 different skins to weapons." You could grab the next free holiday skin (they've done St. Patrick's Day and Valentine's Day so far) and put that on 30 different weapons to get the trophy.

Auctopus

I'm not sure how the season pass would help with that. You get slightly more renown, but the thing that takes longest is the terrorist hunt matches.

There are a lot of skins that require cash purchases, not all of them can be bought with renown. If you are worried about the "apply skins to 30 weapons trophy," that is not "apply 30 different skins to weapons." You could grab the next free holiday skin (they've done St. Patrick's Day and Valentine's Day so far) and put that on 30 different weapons to get the trophy.

I see, thanks.

Keihart

When the servers were acting up on PS4 i played lots of Terrorist Hunt, what a fun Co-op even if we only managed to complete 3 out of like 20 tries.

Hit registration has improved a lot since launch i just wich they balance a little more the weapons and operators, as is now, Frost is arguably the best defender because of her weapon and gadget, and there are operators like tachanka and IQ wich are rarely used.
At least IQ will become a lot more relevant now with Valkirie's sticky cams.

Nothing broken tho, but damn that shotgun is OP.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I'm one trophy away from getting the platinum (camper trophy for completing 100 matches of defend hostage in terrorist hunt), have almost 80k renown saved up, and have never purchased the season pass!

patchday

Yeah that will be great if IQ becomes more relevant. I had a challenge to win as IQ other night and felt like apologizing to the team. She did kinda ok though I do like her guns.

I'm one trophy away from getting the platinum (camper trophy for completing 100 matches of defend hostage in terrorist hunt), have almost 80k renown saved up, and have never purchased the season pass!

I just have the flawless Ranked match left to do but it's proving difficult and I'm not even shit-tier :(

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I just have the flawless Ranked match left to do but it's proving difficult and I'm not even shit-tier :(
Yeah I had trouble with that one too! Thankfully I managed to get it after almost losing hope. With randoms too.

BTW, is there an easy way to look up how many defend modes you have completed? I've looked everywhere in game and no dice on detailed stats like that. It would be nice if there was a counter somewhere. Same for the penetration kills even though I already got that trophy.

DQDQDQ

Yeah I had trouble with that one too! Thankfully I managed to get it after almost losing hope. With randoms too.

BTW, is there an easy way to look up how many defend modes you have completed? I've looked everywhere in game and no dice on detailed stats like that. It would be nice if there was a counter somewhere. Same for the penetration kills even though I already got that trophy.

If you check your stats at rainbow6.ubi.com you can see how many defend rounds you've won, but that includes the situations mode so it's not accurate if you only want to see terrorist hunt numbers. There's no way to look up terrorist hunt defends only.

andycapps

So these new operators and buffs for IQ and Tachanka look pretty cool. I'm hoping they also fixed shields and we find that out in the full patch notes. Don't care too much about the Montagne buff, just fix shields please.

Weapon customization between rounds. Yes, yes, yes. It's about time.

Ranks being reset in Season 2. More info to come on that in patch notes I guess.

Keihart

So these new operators and buffs for IQ and Tachanka look pretty cool. I'm hoping they also fixed shields and we find that out in the full patch notes. Don't care too much about the Montagne buff, just fix shields please.

Ranks being reset in Season 2. More info to come on that in patch notes I guess.

What is there to fix on shields? i'm honestly asking, haven't noticed any problems with them besides laggy people facing the wrong direction.

Vorheez

Where did you get this info?

andycapps

Where did you get this info?
From the R6 stream.

As far as what needed to be fixed with shields, being able to actually hit players carrying them is the big thing I'd like to see fixed. The hit boxes are currently very messed up. You can basically glitch things by aiming, shooting, putting up the shield, and repeat that quickly and you're invincible.

Keihart

From the R6 stream.

As far as what needed to be fixed with shields, being able to actually hit players carrying them is the big thing I'd like to see fixed. The hit boxes are currently very messed up. You can basically glitch things by aiming, shooting, putting up the shield, and repeat that quickly and you're invincible.

haven't seen that happen, hope that i don't any time soon either.

Edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/4ib0uq/new_30_patch_notes_updating_as_we_go/
Patchnotes 3.0

Keihart

Changes to lighting within the game.
Attackers now have an easier time seeing inside from outside.
Defenders now have an easier time seeing outside from inside.

I hope that it isn't that much of an change, as it is night or day changes the maps a lot from that angle.

•Thermite no longer has frag grenades, Buck got frags instead of flash bangs.

Whyyyyyy :(

Seeing info about Blackbeard having a Scar-H and MK-11 All round attacker with a huge advantage with window peaking with his shield ADS. Let's see how balanced he is..

Top Bottom