• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Keihart

•Thermite no longer has frag grenades, Buck got frags instead of flash bangs.

Whyyyyyy :(

Seeing info about Blackbeard having a Scar-H and MK-11 but also saw a picture of him with an MK-17 CQB. All round attacker with a huge advantage with window peaking with his shield ADS. Let's see how balanced he is..

Looks OP AF in almost every 1 v 1 engagement, luckly you can't play with 5 of the same operators.

Man, the patch looks cool, but I'm already worried about Blackbeard being OP.

Didn't help, I suppose, that the clip they link in the reddit post is Serenity17 playing as him :p Dude wrecks shop with almost every operator.

Kinda wish they had made the shield opaque, now...but I guess we'll see. Maybe they can change it to make it cloudy or some kinda shader effect to not make it completely translucent.

andycapps

Man, the patch looks cool, but I'm already worried about Blackbeard being OP.

Didn't help, I suppose, that the clip they link in the reddit post is Serenity17 playing as him :p Dude wrecks shop with almost every operator.

Kinda wish they had made the shield opaque, now...but I guess we'll see. Maybe they can change it to make it cloudy or some kinda shader effect to not make it completely translucent.
His whole body is pretty much available to be shot, though. Just have to wait til he's inside and in the open. Or C4. I'm sure there will be a learning phase until people figure out how to counter the new characters.

I think IQ will be a good counter to Valkyrie and her cameras. Also, her buffs are going to make her more popular.

Pulse seems like a great counter to Blackbeard since he could flank him. Roamers will be really important to take him out.

Hyped for patch, disappointed with Blackbeard.

Way, way too versatile. In a game where instant headshots spells game over, he should not have the abilities he does.

Window peeking advantage, general peeking advantage, assault rifle...come on.

You can't expect to magically flank him, since he has teammates around the map too. You are pretty much forced not to confront him, which is fine for a shield like Blitz or Montagne who are slow. But stalling on him is too dangerous.

I wish they went with his original design, where he had an opaque shield, which looked to reduce his vision. Seemed much more balanced.

-----

I.Q becomes a pretty great counter to Valkyrie. Wish she could temporarily mark electronics for her teammates though.

Thatcher needs to be toned down, as he's too easily the counter to too many operators at once. Tone down the radius, or reduce EMP count.

I feel that Jammers should also be placeable on walls, like Jager's magpies.

Twitch drone should have a much bigger range for electronics, so she can target things like jammers and magpies on walls. This would also be a good way to reduce Thatcher's importance, while offering Twitch as an alternative anti-electronic attacker.

His whole body is pretty much available to be shot, though. Just have to wait til he's inside and in the open. Or C4. I'm sure there will be a learning phase until people figure out how to counter the new characters.

I think IQ will be a good counter to Valkyrie and her cameras. Also, her buffs are going to make her more popular.

Pulse seems like a great counter to Blackbeard since he could flank him. Roamers will be really important to take him out.

But it doesn't matter in a confrontation. He has a rifle that can shoot at you too, and one headshot on you is all it takes. You can't simply shoot at his body

Frost is a great defender..but now she doesn't even have C4. So your list of C4 users is down one. C4 is ideal, but Blackbeard moves faster than Blitz and Montagne, which is a big deal. Especially since you can tend to predict C4 uses, and hear them before they are launched.

Worse yet, you can't even place C4 on walls or chokepoints, since they make a really loud noise. It would have been ideal to place C4 on chokepoints, but they are way too obviously loud.

Flanking is always best, but very hard on some maps, and it's not like you dont have to worry about the rest of the team. Roamers are the best bet, but consider also that they roamers tend to roam so that they can pick off flankers and lone wolfers who are trying to work at other angles.

Loadout changes between rounds are coming in 3.0, too :D

Youtube vid of the Dust Line reveal.

Love the new round end screen:

oJBDQ.jpg

Operator and headgear skins are coming!

Gallery of all the new headgear options. These look fantastic!

Some QoL stuff, too. Cameras have compasses and destroyed ones are indicated:

4zV8vP9.png

Pretty crazy that they still have stuff in 3.0 that we don't know about yet.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Ash looks derp in that group pic.

Wonder if we'll get an IQ head with a smaller hitbox...

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
After seeing the stream the new update is fucking amazing.But i don't like they remove nitro cell from frost and the grenades for thermite.

Really loving the look of this new update and the operators, can't wait to sink my teeth into it. Bit disappointed about Thermite losing frags, but I guess it's the best for balancing. New map looks pretty neat, too.

Damn it I hope the change of visibility inside from outside and vice-verse is as good as it sounds. I almost never even try looking through windows because I just get instashot from nowhere.

really like that they adress some stuff like mid-round change of gear, that was pretty dumb

Keihart

Damn it I hope the change of visibility inside from outside and vice-verse is as good as it sounds. I almost never even try looking through windows because I just get instashot from nowhere.

really like that they adress some stuff like mid-round change of gear, that was pretty dumb

I'm kind of worried about this change, because if they improve visibility too much, there won't be much diference in playing day or night anymore.

As is the advantage is very diferent for teams sides depending on the time of day.

I know this sounds like a dumb question, but is it just defenders that can see outside better or can attackers see outside better too and vice versa with defenders seeing inside better. Not that these situations would come up that much but I was wondering about this.

Otherwise I'm really excited for the patch. I like how a month ago I told my friend Buck was worthless but he stuck it out and now Buck has two buffs to his name. I kinda did the same with IQ. Inb4 IQ gets grenades

I know this sounds like a dumb question, but is it just defenders that can see outside better or can attackers see outside better too and vice versa with defenders seeing inside better. Not that these situations would come up that much but I was wondering about this.

Otherwise I'm really excited for the patch. I like how a month ago I told my friend Buck was worthless but he stuck it out and now Buck has two buffs to his name. I kinda did the same with IQ. Inb4 IQ gets grenades

Yes, better visibility looking in and looking out, thank god. Was mildly impressed with how they implemented the visual technique, but it just isn't practical being able to see fuck all from windows.

Also I like very much that Buck has frags now - he's defenetely a favourite of mine alongside with Sledge. Thermite goes down in my own rating without them :)

BTW does anyone know about this new thing in the stream with a cosmetic doll being strapped to a trigger guard? I mean it looks awesome, but was it even mentioned? I really hope they have some variations of these, looks fun.

Valkrai

Also I like very much that Buck has frags now - he's defenetely a favourite of mine alongside with Sledge. Thermite goes down in my own rating without them :)

BTW does anyone know about this new thing in the stream with a cosmetic doll being strapped to a trigger guard? I mean it looks awesome, but was it even mentioned? I really hope they have some variations of these, looks fun.

Yeah those are weapon charms.

Speaking of, here are the full list of them

omchfRn.png

hdMZ86k.png

M1WVIXa.png

XF6kGuc.png

OVHeAGR.png

E83FvpT.png

XicD3xs.png

HvSFqbt.png

Direct feed gameplay from Dust Line is coming out: https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/4ie34r/exclusive_dust_line_gameplay/

His impressions, too:

I found the new operators to be alot of fun and surprisingly I didn't find the gun shield overpower. However with a really coordinated team you can possibly get some real good tactics going. Only the full release will tell. (btw you can still get headshot even from the front with the gun shield and Blackbeards head hitbox is huge)
Valkyrie's cameras on the other hand are priceless, probably more tactilely powerful than the gun shield as they are a step up from regular cameras in quality and field of view, no zoom in feature though. I want to team these cameras up with Tatanka's turret to see if it can give him some relevance (bonus Tatanka's turrent is far faster to place and can be placed in smaller areas).
The new map was fun, not to big. Only two levels. During our presentation it was touted as the most destructible map in siege, it certainly felt like that while defending and due to the placement of objects in rooms I can see really good fire fights breaking out between players.
I had my fingers crossed for a new gametype but we didn't get to play one. So I will keep my fingers crossed that maybe there was one they weren't showing. But maybe we got to wait a touch more for that.

Seems like solid DLC. I think Black Ice was mixed, as a lot of people don't like Yacht and Buck was a bit underpowered until recently.

Matchmaking is totally fucked for me right now. Can't get a single game, ranked or casual. Getting pretty tired of this nonsense. It was working fine an hour ago, too.

LAM09

All the improvements sound nice and all, but matchmaking is where most of their attention should be. Killing the game for most

Loadout changes between rounds are coming in 3.0, too :D

Youtube vid of the Dust Line reveal.

Love the new round end screen:

oJBDQ.jpg

Operator and headgear skins are coming!

Gallery of all the new headgear options. These look fantastic!

Some QoL stuff, too. Cameras have compasses and destroyed ones are indicated:

4zV8vP9.png

Pretty crazy that they still have stuff in 3.0 that we don't know about yet.
Most of those seem stupid if the body camo doesn't change to match the headgear.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Another video

Can't wait!!! My new favourites attackers are gonna be beard and buck and for the defenders valkyrie and frost.

And here you can check you can do headshots to beard with his protection active.So no OP.

Auctopus

All the improvements sound nice and all, but matchmaking is where most of their attention should be. Killing the game for most

Yeah, surprised they didn't mention anything seeing as the last two weeks was riddled withi issues including a DDOS attack?

Most of those seem stupid if the body camo doesn't change to match the headgear.

Most of them seems stupid because if you walk around with a white helmet, you're clear as day.

Does anyone know how to get the 'widescreen letterbox' function to work on PC?

hN8eLCW.jpg

Pic is from beta, but it's still there in the PC version of the final game. It doesn't seem to work, at least not 1920 x 1080. Is that the problem here? Trying to get this to work with my machinima.

That's one hell of a patch! Glad to see Thatcher finally nerfed. Motherfucker could destroy all defenses and have room to spare. He was ridiculous.

Also, going to take back what I said about Blackbeard. It seems his head is humongous, and that he has a sliver of head visible despite the shield (on the front). He's fairly exposed on his sides and back, and of course torso.

The only real danger he brings is the insane peaking advantage, especially through windows.

so much cool shit then BAM Frost loses C4 and suddenly I don't want to play this game anymore

SMG-11 is still stupidly fucking broken, and I lose C4

and lol, if anyone was still considering cross-play for shooters
We have rebalanced the PVE on Consoles to match win rates of PC. Previously, we observed that PC players have a higher win ratio at all levels of difficulty. This is mostly due to the fact that the mouse and keyboard are a more precise input device than controllers, making it more difficult for Console players to achieve the same results as their PC counterparts.

No mention of improvement to hit detection or lag compensation. No fix for blitz's ability to flick to ads back to shield creating a invulnerability to bullets. Ash will still soak bullets like a sponge then kill me in one burst.
Some nice changes but I'm disappointed tbh.

KodaRuss

I am still working on Dark Souls 3 and Uncharted 4 coming this week it is going to be tough to find some time for some Rainbow 6 in but I will definitely play a few games. Hopefully my skills have not diminished too poorly since I havent played in a month or two.

Top Bottom