• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Blackbeard looked op in that official video.

There have been a few vids that show he is still vulnerable--there is a small sliver of his head hitbox that can be shot above the shield.

I was starting to worry more about Valkyrie, honestly, with her cams and great weapons. However, IQ's huge buff may make her a go-to for attackers, especially with Thatcher's nerf.

There have been a few vids that show he is still vulnerable--there is a small sliver of his head hitbox that can be shot above the shield.

I was starting to worry more about Valkyrie, honestly, with her cams and great weapons. However, IQ's huge buff may make her a go-to for attackers, especially with Thatcher's nerf.
I may just play IQ for shits n giggles now. Still reeling over the frost nerf though

moai

didnt noticed thatcher was being nerfed

Keihart

Frost is so OP as is, good thing she will at least don't have nitro anymore, shields can actually work as a counter to that shotgun now.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Massa

Some easy questions:

1) PS4 still have a good player base?

2) $35 for regular version or $45 for gold version?

1) Pretty good though the game tends to have matchmaking issues every now and then (on every platform).

2) I'd get the gold version, unless you play the game a lot it takes quite a bit of time to unlock the new operators and they're quite fun to play.

Valkrai

You ever wonder why they're not go-to Operators for most ESL teams?

Maybe you're referring to the exploits/macros related to ADS/aim?

Those shield macro guys are scum of the earth. Actually all of those macro users. I laughed hard when Orbit and VwS got destroyed, no real strats and too reliant on macros.

andycapps

Those shield macro guys are scum of the earth. Actually all of those macro users. I laughed hard when Orbit and VwS got destroyed, no real strats and too reliant on macros.
You don't necessarily need a macro to abuse how shields currently work. On PC its just alternating clicking both mouse buttons quickly. On console you do the same thing but with both triggers.

Like you said, there's no strategy or skill to it.

latest

Any moment now!

I don't even bother with pro leagues.

Yes, that's partially the problem. I know they're "fixing" it. I won't believe it until I see it.

If an Operator were OP and made it "easy win" you can be sure ESL teams would use them. They definitely still have their place, but I think they've been paying close attention to usage rates, as well as ESL team selection.

We'll see if the macros get fixed.

You don't necessarily need a macro to abuse how shields currently work. On PC its just alternating clicking both mouse buttons quickly. On console you do the same thing but with both triggers.

Like you said, there's no strategy or skill to it.

How so? Like, what exactly happens? They fixed the "instant ADS accuracy" exploit a few patches ago, where you could get ADS-like accuracy even when in the middle of ADS-ing (simply place crosshair on enemy when behind the shield, then immediately ADS and fire for a laser accurate shot). That was fixed a while ago.

I heard there is a semi-invulnerability exploit now that happens with some kind of fast-switching or macros, though. Hoping that's fixed.

latest

Any moment now!

Reddit says the patches are deploying for PS4 and X1 now.

First impressions, plus info regarding charms/skins:

My first impressions: First impressions. The Siege addiction will definitely return. Everything feels smooth, new graphics look amazing, more customization options, new map is awesome from what I've played so far. New operators are awesome and the riot shield gun attachment for Blackbeard I'm liking more than I thought I would. Let's me know what you guys thinks.
Charms: When I logged on I got 2 charms for free, season pass holder so that may vary. As far as prices there's some really cheap gun specific wins for 750 renown each then there's the universal charms which are a lot more awesome looking and they're all 30K minus a unicorn one which is 15K
Headgear: there's 3 options for each operator the first 2 usually around 5K some are 2.5K and the third is either 30K or can only be gotten with R6

Glad to hear there are cheap headgear and charms options. Can't wait to see what the new HDR/lighting looks like.

More than one user on reddit reporting that Blackbeard's shield IS destructible, contrary to initial reports. Maybe it was disabled in the early preview match? Serenity17 said they unloaded with Tachanka into the shield and it didn't get destroyed.

That's good, though.

andycapps

How so? Like, what exactly happens? They fixed the "instant ADS accuracy" exploit a few patches ago, where you could get ADS-like accuracy even when in the middle of ADS-ing (simply place crosshair on enemy when behind the shield, then immediately ADS and fire for a laser accurate shot). That was fixed a while ago.

I heard there is a semi-invulnerability exploit now that happens with some kind of fast-switching or macros, though. Hoping that's fixed.

Reddit says the patches are deploying for PS4 and X1 now.

Not sure about the shield fix being fixed before. This is from 3.0 patch notes.

Fixed – Player can have ADS accuracy before being fully in ADS.

manhack

Welp....not surprised. Hopefully they can fix that server-side and its not a client issue.

Played a few matches on PS4 and it was perfect. Watching streams on PC and they are not having issues. Looks like probably server overload somewhere. Hopefully.

I don't play this often anymore but I check this thread every few days to see what the latest technical hurdle plaguing Rainbow Six Siege is.

I feel bad for you guys still playing regularly. Game is great but the support really isn't there. Ubi just want to sell you another round of MT before they drop support and ask you to buy another $60 rainbow six game, or some other nonsense in the coming year.

I hope I'm wrong though. I still hop on from time to time and a lot of my buddies are trying to persuade me to help them build a ranked team for the new season. Sounds like fun.

manhack

I don't play this often anymore but I check this thread every few days to see what the latest technical hurdle plaguing Rainbow Six Siege is.

I feel bad for you guys still playing regularly. Game is great but the support really isn't there. Ubi just want to sell you another round of MT before they drop support and ask you to buy another $60 rainbow six game, or some other nonsense in the coming year.

I hope I'm wrong though. I still hop on from time to time and a lot of my buddies are trying to persuade me to help them build a ranked team for the new season. Sounds like fun.

Other than beefing up the anti-cheat on PC I feel you are pretty wrong about this. There are certainly some major issues plaguing the game, but they have been making improvements with every patch which shows they are supporting the game.

Man, Valkyrie cams are going to be a real bitch to deal with. I played as I.Q and took out 3 of them, but I have no way of marking them for my teammates, and it's too risky taking them out

And poor thatcher had his Emp's nerfed, which was needed, but I wish he could cook them

Top Bottom