• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

atr0cious

Word, pc seige community is terrible. Had a dude toggle on today because he couldn't believe someone killed him, even though we were droning and on comms. I blame Ubisoft for allowing this shit to fester. And the $15 start up fee means there will be no shortage of fuckbois.

autoduelist

So.... PS4 question. I've googled this and discovered others had this issue, but the 'solution' doesn't seem to apply to me?

Issue: Situation 2 doesn't unlock.

Solutions seem to be a) make sure game is fully downloaded and b) make sure your internet connection is solid.

My game is fully downloaded and my NAT is Type 2 [moderate] which is what you want, right? [short of putting my ps4 outside the firewall].

Am I missing something?

-----------------------

Also... recommended sensitivity settings? I usually amp everything to 100% in fps/tps games and then just let myself get used to it, but I just want to make sure that makes sense in this game since there seems to be more 'fine aiming' than in most games due to cornering/recoil/destructible cover concerns. I currently have it at 6 vertical and 10 horizontal, but i'm not used to it yet [i've only beat one situation afterall].

Thanks!

Got my acc back! Mike_Hawk lives hahaha.
No charges on cc or paypal but for some reason I now have season 1 and 2 of powers? Purchased on the same day my password was changed

Buraindo

Yep, I'm sure not if the Siege community simply is the worst community surrounding a game that I've ever been invested in or that when shit things do happen it's magnitudes worse than other games because of the ramifications. Either way, I got really frustrated last night because I joined a team mid-match and one guy downed me purposefully in the defending prep phase and simply didn't revive me, nor did anyone else, for a while and killed me shortly after. Did the same while attacking too. Just why? I just do not understand.

It's such a shame because I remember the community being pretty decent in the game's early days. Now it's rare I get through a match, ranked or casual, without some form of shitty behaviour not unlike those you and others here have reported. Ubisoft does seem at least interested in intervening though so that's something at least.
Also on PC.

autoduelist

Anyone have any ideas for my issue above?

Got my acc back! Mike_Hawk lives hahaha.
No charges on cc or paypal but for some reason I now have season 1 and 2 of powers? Purchased on the same day my password was changed

Doesn't Powers come with PS+? PS+ sometimes 'renews' stuff in your download list [that is, the 'date' associated with it changes], it probably just got rearranged. This usually only happens when you run out of PS+ and rebuy with games, but it sounds like it could be the issue here given it's video, not games.

Anyone have any ideas for my issue above?

Doesn't Powers come with PS+? PS+ sometimes 'renews' stuff in your download list [that is, the 'date' associated with it changes], it probably just got rearranged. This usually only happens when you run out of PS+ and rebuy with games, but it sounds like it could be the issue here given it's video, not games.

I don't even know what powers is hahaha, never purchased or watched any shows/movies on PSN.

For the situation 2 unlock, i can't say! I haven't had that problem. I didn't go past situation 3, imo it doesn't feel the same as MP. My sensitivity is 4 vert, 5 horizontal, playing with a kontrol freak on my right stick only. I have the sniper one for kontrol freak, it's pretty large

If anyone wants to play, add me on UPlay: MNSniper

Played a ton on X1, but just upgraded my PC a week or so ago and have been playing a good amount on PC. Would love for some Gafers to join.

Nice. When I've been playing recently I've been playing Kapkan anyway. This'll help, but I'm going to hate running into those traps lol. I'm shocked it took them this long to remove the screw on the opposite side.

DQDQDQ

Ranked team killing penalties:
These are a joke. Fortunately it doesn't affect me much as we usually have a full group, or at least 4, when going into ranked.

The first offense penalty is literally equivalent to the penalty given out for the game itself failing to load the round (I know, it's in "beta"). Permanent ban "may" be handed out on a 6th+ offense. Clearly they do not care about this issue.

And it kinda goes without saying that implementing no such measure in casual is ridiculous.

Kapkan buffs:
These look promising, I expect a lot more Kapkan picks.

Mute buff:
Sounds good, but is not really much of a change.

Maybe drones can't hop jammers now but it won't effect breach charges very much. I already usually place jammers in the middle of two reinforcements because it's exceedingly rare for players to realize they can place breaches on the edges and get past the jammer. People either only place breaches on the center of walls, or they hear the jammer and just take it out anyway.

This range buff effectively just means that you won't be able to place breaches on the edges of pairs of walls protected by one jammer. It stops something I've seen less than 1% of the time when playing as Mute.

I'll have to see how it works out in game, but I think even with extended jammer radius and Thatcher's reduced EMP radius, one EMP can still take out multiple jammers along the same wall.

A better Mute buff would be physically placing the jammers faster so you could put one down when you hear a breach being placed on a wall, like the batteries for Bandit.

the big thing with the mute buff is that it stops drones in the prep phase. If the distance is big enough, I wonder if they could be protected from getting shot out when placed under castle doors.

Anyways, who is left to buff?

-Twitch (why pick her when you have Thatcher? At best, she annoys enemy players)
-Tachanka
-Glaz (absolutely useless next to Blackbeard. Deserves to penetrate armor or at least have a much better weapon/visibility. I can't see shit through the scope sometimes)

-Maybe Doc? I think he should be able to use his med gun to either revive or heal players over time. Makes him viable over Rook

These are a joke. Fortunately it doesn't affect me much as we usually have a full group, or at least 4, when going into ranked.

The first offense penalty is literally equivalent to the penalty given out for the game itself failing to load the round (I know, it's in "beta"). Permanent ban "may" be handed out on a 6th+ offense. Clearly they do not care about this issue.

And it kinda goes without saying that implementing no such measure in casual is ridiculous.

Kapkan buffs:

Mute buff:

Maybe drones can't hop jammers now but it won't effect breach charges very much. I already usually place jammers in the middle of two reinforcements because it's exceedingly rare for players to realize they can place breaches on the edges and get past the jammer. People either only place breaches on the center of walls, or they hear the jammer and just take it out anyway.

This range buff effectively just means that you won't be able to place breaches on the edges of pairs of walls protected by one jammer. It stops something I've seen less than 1% of the time when playing as Mute.

I'll have to see how it works out in game, but I think even with extended jammer radius and Thatcher's reduced EMP radius, one EMP can still take out multiple jammers along the same wall.

A better Mute buff would be physically placing the jammers faster so you could put one down when you hear a breach being placed on a wall, like the batteries for Bandit.

Dude, this is so that it forces all of the casual players to play the beta so they can get the full release out. It's pretty simple really. They're doing it for us.

the big thing with the mute buff is that it stops drones in the prep phase. If the distance is big enough, I wonder if they could be protected from getting shot out when placed under castle doors.

Anyways, who is left to buff?

-Twitch (why pick her when you have Thatcher? At best, she annoys enemy players)
-Tachanka
-Glaz (absolutely useless next to Blackbeard. Deserves to penetrate armor or at least have a much better weapon/visibility. I can't see shit through the scope sometimes)

-Maybe Doc? I think he should be able to use his med gun to either revive or heal players over time. Makes him viable over Rook

For twitch I'd say she's now more useful as a counter to Kapkan so by buffing Kapkan they've essentially made IQ and twitch more useful. Probably one of the coolest things about the meta of this game.
I honestly don't think there's much they can do to save Tachanka at this point.
I completely agree with Glaz. He's quite useless now.
I'm not sure what they can do with Doc that wouldn't make him completely overpowered. I get wanting him to be more viable over Rook, but that might make him more viable than everyone else too.
I bet the devs have tried a lot of balancing stuff in this game and it's very difficult to get right, but I can appreciate they're seemingly making progress.

DQDQDQ

I expect so. You could almost do this anyway so a 50% range bump should make it happen easily on single width doors. Still, Thatcher, Twitch, frag grenade easily takes out jammers in this situation.

For me, stopping more drones isn't a worthwhile buff. Better to have it than not have it, but I personally consider jammers more valuable on walls than drone paths.

andycapps

Kapkan buffs:

Mute buff:

Agree with all this.

Kyrios

Just started this last night, really enjoying the situations. I don't feel like playing it with randoms, but is Terrorist Hunt fun doing Lone Wolf?

Just started this last night, really enjoying the situations. I don't feel like playing it with randoms, but is Terrorist Hunt fun doing Lone Wolf?
Its is for a while, and much more fun in a private match with friends.

Online, not so much. Its just people rushing through. Farming reknown I guess.

Both situations and terrorist hunt need some more love and dev attention.

Kyrios

Its is for a while, and much more fun in a private match with friends.

Online, not so much. Its just people rushing through. Farming reknown I guess.

Both situations and terrorist hunt need some more love and dev attention.

Okay great thanks! I hinted to my friends to get it, so hopefully once I'm about to get bored they'll start playing.

Okay great thanks! I hinted to my friends to get it, so hopefully once I'm about to get bored they'll start playing.

An endless source of fun for me is replaying classic Terrorist Hunt on House even just on Normal to practice using weapons and getting a better feel for the operators. Setting challenges for myself like only use pistol or finish with 100% health adds some more fun.

p.s those patchnotes all look great, really hope they can find a better solution to team killers on Casual because it's so frustrating.

Jarrod38

How I feel about the Mute buff.
ePPmEem.gif

This Kapkan buff is nuts. He certainly needed it but I hope it's not too strong. There are only 5 kills to get in a round and I don't like the idea of there being >1 going to an explosive trap every game. I'd prefer it if they just downed you like frost traps.

The Mute buff is great, and will make him way more useful in late-round for defenders. Right now people on PC are really good with saving their drones and playing slow and droning out the defenders as they push in mid to late round. Mute jammers being a defense on this is excellent and how he should be. I just need to get good with his MP5K!

KodaRuss

This Kapkan buff is nuts. He certainly needed it but I hope it's not too strong. There are only 5 kills to get in a round and I don't like the idea of there being >1 going to an explosive trap every game. I'd prefer it if they just downed you like frost traps.

The Mute buff is great, and will make him way more useful in late-round for defenders. Right now people on PC are really good with saving their drones and playing slow and droning out the defenders as they push in mid to late round. Mute jammers being a defense on this is excellent and how he should be. I just need to get good with his MP5K!

That buff seems to be pretty over the top for Kapkan. I know I am going to get killed quite a few times by it.

Kyrios

An endless source of fun for me is replaying classic Terrorist Hunt on House even just on Normal to practice using weapons and getting a better feel for the operators. Setting challenges for myself like only use pistol or finish with 100% health adds some more fun.

p.s those patchnotes all look great, really hope they can find a better solution to team killers on Casual because it's so frustrating.

Really wish they allowed you to pick Terrorist Hunt maps rather then have them at random haha

So far I'm really struggling Lone Wolfing it, but I'll get better.

frontovik

Banned
Haven't touched this game on PC since the recent patch as the cheating is ridiculous. Has Ubi implemented their latest anticheat update?

Oh nice. Kapkan screen. I have a feeling I'm gonna get my head taken off. Can't wait to get inventive with my placements. I might play some tonight.

It really should be more intuitive, though. Needs to be right there next to the mode select, for both T-hunt and multiplayer. The menu design in this game is pretty awful in general. I can't be the only one who's, more than once, left a group by accident when I meant to press invite?

Top Bottom