• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Starter Edition sounds fantastic, assume it's only for PC though?

Had an incredible moment tonight where our Montagne ran into the objective room and started capturing while the sole remaining enemy struggling to get past his shield as he was blocking the doorway. Somehow their Bandit slipped past tho and for LITERALLY TWO MINUTES they both just circled each other in the office complex on the Harbour map. Absolutely incredible. Friends and I had time to formally place bets. I bet Montagne would bite it trying to reload and he did, and as Bandit approached him to execute him, he noticed Montagne was crawling towards the Kapkan trap next to him and only just shot him before they both went out in a blaze of glory and made a Tie. Was fucking amazing, love this game haha

LMAO, I don't think I've ever had a tie in the game yet. That sounds hilarious. I love seeing ridiculous battles against shield characters. It's so different then practically any other game's handling of shield characters due to the way the Siege sandbox is.

Also my PS4 had no issues finding matches under a minute(living around Toronto
, Canada

RedRum

Banned
So.. after finishing all the situations I play my first casual match. The bomb gets located and after a brief wait I spawn in and then it seems like I got spawn killed? And then a few seconds later I get voted out.

You're fucking telling me they put the ability to vote people out?? Hello trolling. I should have read up on the game more before I bought it.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
So.. after finishing all the situations I play my first casual match. The bomb gets located and after a brief wait I spawn in and then it seems like I got spawn killed? And then a few seconds later I get voted out.

You're fucking telling me they put the ability to vote people out?? Hello trolling. I should have read up on the game more before I bought it.
You think a TK + kick in casual is bad?

Kicked at the first character select screen in ranked, and for some reason having to eat a 15 minute ranked matchmaking ban on top of it: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Pegasus Actual/video/18299839

You should really give a verbal beating to whatever numbskull ever suggested getting this game.

That's not really a common experience from what I've experienced in my 114 levels. Never been kicked for dying before. Also, avoiding windows where people might try and spawn kill is something you have to adapt to and use to your advantage by killing them instead.

EDIT: Urgh, anyone else have Ranked just not load for them? My squad are in the middle of a 3-all match and the next round just isn't loading. I've only experienced this in Ranked and its happened at least three times now. Unplayable. This game is really letting me down recently.

I'll add you up. I'm playing Overwatch atm but wanna get back to Siege to hit 50, I'm 44 right now I think.

Add me first if you want, same as GAF name. I'm playing at the top of Silver rank atm.

Added!

its even crazier we actually did well...sweeps galore

Yeah, seemed almost too easy.......

Yo, what, Alpine is up for ranked?! I'm hopping back in.

Come back to me, baby!

DQDQDQ

Ubi just updated their Code of Conduct to make first-time cheating offenses a permanent ban. Progress!

Not quite. Direct from the update: "Maximum penalty is permanent ban on first offense."

Saying "maximum penalty" gives a lot of wiggle room. It is progress though.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
I saw in the xbox one yesterday in the daily challenges now i have the option to go to the ubisoft club and i can choose 4 challenges more.Very good.

I saw in the xbox one yesterday in the daily challenges now i have the option to go to the ubisoft club and i can choose 4 challenges more.Very good.

Yeah but they're weekly. And bugged. Kinda.
I just completed one or two but opening up ubisoft club takes me to the homepage. It worked fine earlier.

Post the video!!!

lhjhbB9.gif

Blackbeard has changed the way I play and think about this game so significantly. It feels like defenders now actually have to play much more passive defense than before, you can't rely on using good aim to peek the attackers just in case it is Blackbeard and your head shot is useless or you aim at the body and get headshot by a regular attacker. For a while there was that debate going on if one hit headshot kills are good for the game and I always thought they worked and it would suffer without them. Blackbeard is this weird middle ground that is kind of a genius move at addressing that. Headshots are still really strong but him just existing in the game makes it more of a gamble.

Watching the proleague games were fun in this new season just to watch how teams have developed their strats around him.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I fuckin despise Blackbeard.

The only operator I straight-out call bullshit on. Doesn't help that he is the lamest, most vanilla operator in a game that is otherwise fun and creative with its characters.

Nerf him into the ground. Bury him under six feet of shame. He should just spontaneously combust at round start and the player should get a two week ban for even choosing him.

Haha, I don't think Blackbeard is THAT bad. I think the amount of damage needed to shatter his shield should be cut by a quarter or so. Takes over one mag of lower damage weapons (like MP5K) to shatter it.

I think they could increase the horizontal recoil to it, too.

I fuckin despise Blackbeard.

The only operator I straight-out call bullshit on. Doesn't help that he is the lamest, most vanilla operator in a game that is otherwise fun and creative with its characters.

Nerf him into the ground. Bury him under six feet of shame. He should just spontaneously combust at round start and the player should get a two week ban for even choosing him.

If I get banned for using him how am I going to carry you to a Ranked victory? :p

Evolved1

My ire is directed at the character and not really those who use him.

Although anyone who blackbeard prone-peeks a roof hatch knowing they are wholly bathed in sun glare... I mean yeah that might be valid tactic, to exploit the low T2K and visibility from their position of near-invulnerability, but it's lame as hell and they can get fucked.

I await the nerf.

How do you even nerf Blackbeard?

It's not like they can remove his shield so his effectiveness in prone peeking, windows and high ground is still going to exist. I guess you can nerf his damage but what does that accomplish? He can still get intel in ways no one else can.

atr0cious

It's not like they can remove his shield so his effectiveness in prone peeking, windows and high ground is still going to exist. I guess you can nerf his damage but what does that accomplish? He can still get intel in ways no one else can.
Make his shield weaker. Make the cracks appear more often. Make tachanka auto shatter it or stagger him, and shotguns should be two shots.

Auctopus

Make the shield weaker. For a competent player (playing BB), a couple seconds advantage is all you need. If another players gets the drop on Blackbeard, it should be the kill 90% of the time pretty much.

Evolved1

It's just absurd to put a shield on an AR in a game with such low T2K and OHK head shots. 99.9% of the game teaches you to aim for the head and then they punish you for it.

Most times I don't even see the shield, just hitmarkers, by the time you process why your headshots aren't registering, he has you.

Hitmarkers should be fuckin flashing neon. Shield should be more visable.

It used to be solid metal... then they made it translucent for some dumb reason.

My ire is directed at the character and not really those who use him.

Although anyone who blackbeard prone-peeks a roof hatch knowing they are wholly bathed in sun glare... I mean yeah that might be valid tactic, to exploit the low T2K and visibility from their position of near-invulnerability, but it's lame as hell and they can get fucked.

I await the nerf.

It's just absurd to put a shield on an AR in a game with such low T2K and OHK head shots. 99.9% of the game teaches you to aim for the head and then they punish you for it.

Most times I don't even see the shield, just hitmarkers, by the time you process why your headshots aren't registering, he has you.

Hitmarkers should be fuckin flashing neon. Shield should be more visable.

It used to be solid metal... then they made it translucent for some dumb reason.

Say no more. I still love you and will still play with you tonight.

When he was announced nearly everyone figured he would be OP.

I'm still amazed that someone brought this up in a conceptual stage and other people thought it was a great idea and that after playing with him they still thought it was a great idea.

They should give him one armor so body shooting him will take him down quicker than now. Blackbeard definitely seems like he was balanced around console players where you'd have enough time to shoot him in the body or throw a c4 or something, but on PC you will get instantly headshot so you are always at a massive disadvantage when facing him. The 416 is probably the hardest hitting normal defensive gun and the only one I feel confident in being able to down a blackbeard before he can aim at me, and even then I have to have the jump on him.

Nevermind Blackbeard, I'm fucking sick of this shit matchmaking on PS4. Some nights its ok, but others, like tonight, you spend the majority of your time looking a struggling matchmaking screen. I've been online since 10pm and it's now 11.30, I'd say I've spent at least 20 minutes trying to get games to actually start.

X1 here but yeah, I really don't think Blackbeard is that bad. Frost in her heyday was much worse. A nerf to the shield would be nice but not much more. Even some kind of distortion or something through the shield might be good enough.

Harder to nail headshots on console, though. They really should start balancing platforms differently.

Watching Serenity's stream and he said/claimed that Ubi wants to move away from any kind of "this operator is a MUST have for your team every round".

With IQ's buff, Thatcher falls out of "must have" but Thermite still is basically a requirement for Attackers. I wonder if they'll introduce any other way to breach through reinforced walls with a new Op.

Vorheez

What about having the cracks on Blackbeard's shield be much more prominent after being shot, so that it greatly impacts his vision? You could incorporate that without changing anything else. Yeah, the first encounter may be an unfair advantage for Blackbeard, but if the other player is aiming for the head like they should be (as the game encourages), any encounters after that should be difficult because he would have a tough time seeing through his damaged shield.

Edit: if it was damaged enough, it would even encourage taking it off for the benefit of increased speed for the rest of the round.

Top Bottom