• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Was watching serenity's steam for a while.

Man, don't know if I'll ever play ranked on PC. That shit is insane. The strategies they have for each map... How could you ever catch up?

Tangential but Siege overtook The Division on the Steam charts (via reddit).

That probably says more about The Division's issues than anything else, but still, Siege has been holding constant for months now, even with the cheating.

Think of how much more popular this game would be on PC with good anticheat :-| Some streamer (Macie Jay or Serenity) said they heard the new anticheat solution is coming with the next DLC pack.

Klyka

Banned
Tangential but Siege overtook The Division on the Steam charts (via reddit).

That probably says more about The Division's issues than anything else, but still, Siege has been holding constant for months now, even with the cheating.

Think of how much more popular this game would be on PC with good anticheat :-| Some streamer (Macie Jay or Serenity) said they heard the new anticheat solution is coming with the next DLC pack.

It's actually less exciting to compare the two games' numbers than looking at Sieges numbers alone: The game has gained 4000 concurrent players in peak for the last week or more.

It went from barely 10k max a day to 14k just today!

Siege's numbers have been really consistent and Ubisoft's own financials lauded it as having some of the best player retention in the industry. The bumps it gets from the big DLC drops every couple months also keep it going.

I really hope the new client side anti cheat will hit soon and we won't have to wait until Season 3. That is basically my last big gripe with the game.

K I had a brilliant idea on how to fix bbeard and nobody cares

Hey, I mentioned some kind of shield distortion!

The "more fragile multiple shields" idea is growing on me. If it takes 30 rounds to destroy the current one, change it to 3 shields that can only take 10 rounds each.

Anyone else think that thermite should have been a gadget instead of an operator?

He's so necessary. But if people could opt in to select a thermite charge to replace their breach/grenade, that necessity could be spread better

You'd still have 2 max per team but someone could choose both or 1, with another teammate taking the other

Getting ever so closer to that Diamond

IFTmTe6.jpg

DQDQDQ

PSA: On ranked in PS4 do not choose to defend Kitchen on Kafe.

Last three rounds across two matches caused the game to blow up. I'm convinced that's the (well, a) problem

PSA: On ranked in PS4 do not choose to defend Kitchen on Kafe.

Last three rounds across two matches caused the game to blow up. I'm convinced that's the (well, a) problem

Yes, this is very true. Makes zero sense but it has crashed every single time.

Good call on mentioning this, DQ.

So this is currently on sale on PSN, how is it playing solo? I mean obviously I know everything is better with a team but is it controller breakingly frustrating solo queuing like Overwatch is?

Thinking about picking up the Gold edition, its 40 bucks with PS+

So this is currently on sale on PSN, how is it playing solo? I mean obviously I know everything is better with a team but is it controller breakingly frustrating solo queuing like Overwatch is?

Nothing like Overwatch. Seems fine in my experience. You may run into team killers here and there, but nothing that would cause you to break your controller.

FatalT

Banned
This game is so shitty for people to ruin your experience. From team killing, random vote kicks, and people ending the game when they die in terrorist hunt, it's no fun at all.

Vorheez

I have about 80 hours in the game, and roughly 70 of those hours were played solo. It's fine. If you play casual, playing with a team is absolutely not necessary, just play your role effectively and you'll win the majority of the time.

Spec Ops event was a bust, as far as Siege goes. Went over Dust Line and showed some early concepts for the ops. ZZZZZZZZ

Did y'all see this? Keyboard + mouse support coming to X1 in a few months, or this year, likely.

Probably needs to be supported by each individual developer.

Chances of being patched into a console game? I think pretty slim. If I were on PS4 and keyboard and mouse support were patched in, I would feel the need to switch or quit playing. I think a lot of the community that deliberately chose to purchase this game on console would just quit playing as they found themselves less competitive with a slower method of input.

I imagine if they do use that for anything it will be for cross play with PC on games that support it, however they will need to segregate those people out, with the PC players, rather than placing them in the same pool.

I swear the PC ranked community is fucking cancer. Worse than CSGO at times. I just got kicked because I was covering the flank and not getting picked off one by one for peaking like the rest of the defending team was.

I swear the PC ranked community is fucking cancer. Worse than CSGO at times. I just got kicked because I was covering the flank and not getting picked off one by one for peaking like the rest of the defending team was.

Yep, I'm sure not if the Siege community simply is the worst community surrounding a game that I've ever been invested in or that when shit things do happen it's magnitudes worse than other games because of the ramifications. Either way, I got really frustrated last night because I joined a team mid-match and one guy downed me purposefully in the defending prep phase and simply didn't revive me, nor did anyone else, for a while and killed me shortly after. Did the same while attacking too. Just why? I just do not understand.

Top Bottom