• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Hey all, is there a GAF Discord group? I've had the game awhile but have only played about 24 hours or so. Looking to play a bit more with people and would like to find some people to play with.

Would rather not have to go through a probably outdated list in the OP randomly trying to find people. I went through the last 10 pages or so and didn't find any chatter of such a thing.

Hope you guys don't mind, but I grabbed the Discord link as well. I haven't played a lot of this (just picked it up during the free weekend), but always willing to learn.

Animator

Hey all, is there a GAF Discord group? I've had the game awhile but have only played about 24 hours or so. Looking to play a bit more with people and would like to find some people to play with.

Would rather not have to go through a probably outdated list in the OP randomly trying to find people. I went through the last 10 pages or so and didn't find any chatter of such a thing.

Siege discord going strong, we had three full squads tonight.

https://discord.gg/TRJMh

If the link is expires pm me and I will send another.

Ubisoft pls nerf the semiautomatic shotguns, all of them, and buff the pump action's a little. Seriously, it'll make the world of difference. Also C4 should be taken from Valkyrie and maybe even Pulse (if his gadget stays un-modified) and given to operators that should be more effective near the objective like Castle and Tachanka. Attacking is fucking ridiculous with most the enemy team roaming with Sniper shotties and C4.

IMO:

• Semi-shotguns need 15-25% spread increase, making them extremely viable at close range but questionable even at mid-range. This increases risk for roamers, as well.
  • Pump shotguns can either maintain current stats (I honestly don't know what their state range is compared to semi) or receive a "spread over range" buff, making them more viable at mid range. Pump shotguns are already more of a skill weapon compared to semi, so effectively using them should be rewarded.
I also wonder if they should reduce the headshot multiplier for pellets from 1.5x to 1.25x. There should be a huge difference between a bullet striking you in the head and a pellet striking you in the head. This would reduce a lot of "bullshit" long distance shots where a lucky pellet shot to the head lands.

CrayToes

Yeah, I was playing last night on cafe and someone broke through a window behind me. They were probably 5 or 6 meters away from me with an assault rifle and had the jump on me. I heard the window smashing so I swivelled around and fired one shot, no ads, towards the window with Valkyries's shotgun and killed the guy.

I was the one getting the kill and it still pissed me off. Felt so dirty.

andycapps

We should also talk about headshots through walls because it seems like every time I get a kill while shooting through a wall it's a headshot. And when I'm on the receiving end it's the same. I'd love to slow it down and see where individual bullets are actually going on some of those replays.

Geist-

Decided to do all the situations to get used to the gameplay before entering multi.
Ul5CQx2.jpg

All on realistic too, but I can't find any proof of that. :-/

We should also talk about headshots through walls because it seems like every time I get a kill while shooting through a wall it's a headshot. And when I'm on the receiving end it's the same. I'd love to slow it down and see where individual bullets are actually going on some of those replays.

Yep, I've noticed it 100% of the time for me as well. I've even joked with others to watch my wall bang be a headshot. Happens everytime.

Decided to do all the situations to get used to the gameplay before entering multi.
Ul5CQx2.jpg

Good man! If you're a fan of doing your homework you could also jump into every map by yourself (custom game) to see where all the external and internal camera spots are. That kind of knowledge is vital :)

T-Rex.

Banned
Decided to play the game for the first time in a few weeks and just ran into people running around with shotguns and the heartbeat sensor, smh. I was coming here to bitch about it but it seems like you guys are annoyed with it and all lmao. Hopefully they patch it.

Pachimari

Ul5CQx2.jpg

You inspire me. I should complete them all tonight as well. I lack some stars, but have already gotten a few in all the missions.

Erban1

Yep, I've noticed it 100% of the time for me as well. I've even joked with others to watch my wall bang be a headshot. Happens everytime.

Don't forget that after 100+ hours we're all conditioned to aim for headshots. I'm always cycling between 2 spots vertically for crouched and standing headshots. I've definitely noticed it when imy going for a wallbang.

Dat Muscle Memory Tho

My first game on Favela was also probably my best round ever using Smoke.

3 of my team mates were roaming, all got killed directly above the biohazard container. Fastest route to the objective for the enemies is a long flight of stairs, chucked one gas canister through the doorway at the top of the stairs, then another inside the stairs. Detonated the first, they run through it and straight into the second, two of them die from gas as they were injured already, the third runs straight through and into my shotgun, game over.

It's really rare I ever get kills with the gas, to get two was super satisfying

moai

My first game on Favela was also probably my best round ever using Smoke.

3 of my team mates were roaming, all got killed directly above the biohazard container. Fastest route to the objective for the enemies is a long flight of stairs, chucked one gas canister through the doorway at the top of the stairs, then another inside the stairs. Detonated the first, they run through it and straight into the second, two of them die from gas as they were injured already, the third runs straight through and into my shotgun, game over.

It's really rare I ever get kills with the gas, to get two was super satisfying

never knew it was possible to throw two gas bombs at the same time.

never knew it was possible to throw two gas bombs at the same time.

I phrased that badly, detonated the first one, threw the second into the stairwell then detonated that when they ran inside

EDIT

But actually that would be useful to be able to plant multiple canisters and detonate them in sequence.

moai

I phrased that badly, detonated the first one, threw the second into the stairwell then detonated that when they ran inside

EDIT

But actually that would be useful to be able to plant multiple canisters and detonate them in sequence.

it may be difficult to do but they could have done it like the new operators crossbow, select which canister to detonate with the d-pad.

it may be difficult to do but they could have done it like the new operators crossbow, select which canister to detonate with the d-pad.

Besides Smoke and Fuze, would this actually change actually affect any other operator?

Would being able to detonate two devices at once present a balance issue for Fuze? Or three gas grenades for Smoke?

Besides Smoke and Fuze, would this actually change actually affect any other operator?

Would being able to detonate two devices at once present a balance issue for Fuze? Or three gas grenades for Smoke?

I can't find it now but there was a reddit post that talked about ideas for Operators, influenced by Capitao's mechanic. Like an alt round for Ash's breaching charge that was a flashbang.

Buraindo

It's hilarious. Him and his buddy kept spamming me the whole game so I made it my duty to fuck up the game for them. I was petty. Oh well. Just leave me alone I'm clearly doing fine lol.

I'm only 24 on Xbox and I encounter players 1-100. Maybe it's just your luck.

Yep can confirm it was just my luck. Oh well, it's not too bad most of the time anyway.

Ul5CQx2.jpg

That's impressive. Good job.

New operators seem all right, can't say I'm too thrilled about either though. Was hoping for some form of Thermite alternative.

Just upgraded to a Nvidia 1060 from an AMD R7 260, this game is so much more playable! also the nuclear window bloom seems less pronounced, maybe that's placebo...

Any euro PC gaffers still active? added my name to the spreadsheet (uplay: mister_prime)

I can't find it now but there was a reddit post that talked about ideas for Operators, influenced by Capitao's mechanic. Like an alt round for Ash's breaching charge that was a flashbang.

That would be a great addition. I'd say the same for smoke rounds though that might tread on Capitao's toes a little.

Fury451

Banned
So what does everyone think of the new map? I've only played it twice but I'm having a hard time getting my head around it.

I like it. The layout is more straightforward than it seems, but there's a lot of visual "noise" and such that makes it a chore to navigate at first. I think it's a little easier to play on and navigate than Dust Line though.

Vorheez

Alright, that’s still better than 0 though.

One last question (final one I swear), is it any good playing solo?
I have roughly 80 hours in multiplayer, and probably 60-70 of those hours were done solo. I prefer playing alone. Make sure you're playing casual though, so that if you're not communicating with people it's not a big deal.

Edit; I'm still confused... I've watched some quick streams, but what does the arrow guy do exactly?

XBP

I have roughly 80 hours in multiplayer, and probably 60-70 of those hours were done solo. I prefer playing alone. Make sure you're playing casual though, so that if you're not communicating with people it's not a big deal.

Edit; I'm still confused... I've watched some quick streams, but what does the arrow guy do exactly?

Crowd control. Blocks vision plus access from different points of entry.

Buraindo

Just upgraded to a Nvidia 1060 from an AMD R7 260, this game is so much more playable! also the nuclear window bloom seems less pronounced, maybe that's placebo...

Any euro PC gaffers still active? added my name to the spreadsheet (uplay: mister_prime)

I play almost every evening. I also added my uplay id to the spreadsheet in case anyone would like to play.
Might also want to check the discord server.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Being the last player with Montagne against 3 players really gets the adrenaline flowing. One guy destroys a barricade and I finish him off. One of the two others kills his teammate that walked right in front of him while I loosened my shield. Then I started to dance around with the remaining opponent and I remained calm and waited for an opportunity: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/TheKeyPit/video/20243508

What happened after that? I got some really nice messages from two of the opponents:
screenshot161pkavs.png

screenshot1621nbw0.png

Fury451

Banned
Being the last player with Montagne against 3 players really gets the adrenaline flowing. One guy destroys a barricade and I finish him off. One of the two others kills his teammate that walked right in front of him while I loosened my shield. Then I started to dance around with the remaining opponent and I remained calm and waited for an opportunity: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/TheKeyPit/video/20243508

What happened after that? I got some really nice messages from two of the opponents:
screenshot161pkavs.png

screenshot1621nbw0.png

What a bunch of babies. Good and effective Montagne playing is a work of art.

You have well mannered and classy responses, I would expect nothing less of a Montagne player.

Jarrod38

Got kicked from a match because I wasn't the one moron who decided not to rush on Bank. So it was 1 on 5 and wanted to take my time before going after the bomb, but nope got kicked from the match,

Top Bottom